• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
ROstC2N.gif

YOU STILL GO IT

MrNelson

Banned
Baron Von Corbin does nothing at all for me. He has bad hair, hasn't shown anything beyond 30 second squashes, uses wolves and motorcyles without a hint of irony, has awful tats, and uses a modified flatliner for a finisher. The only positives about him is that he had some solid shoulders.

If he had an 8-12 minute match and he's solid, I'll start paying attention to him.
He's put on decent matches at house shows that haven't been squashes. He isn't outstanding, but he's definitely improved from what I saw of him before his TV debut. The first match of his I saw was actually between him and Bull, and neither of them had been on TV yet. I will say that Bull definitely hasn't improved since then, maybe fewer rest holds, but that's about it.

Kidd/Cesaro vs Ole dudes was highly entertaining. Hope they stick together for a while, that finisher was awesome.

Caught a bit of Titus commentating on Main Event and he did a fantastic job of being irritating as fuck to Cole. Would love to hear more of that ribbing style commentary on Raw as Titus did a good job of making smart comments rather than stupid as fuck ones (like JBL does). Reminded me a bit of Owen from back in the day on commentary.

Bullet Club is the NWO, more or less.

Aces and Eights were like someone at TNA really, really, REALLY liked Sons of Anarchy.
Aces & 8s is like Stevie Ray's NWO and Bullet Club is like Vincent's NWO.
It's more like...A8 is like the NWO that Stevie wouldn't join. Bullet Club is like the NWO that even Virgil wouldn't join.

Ah sweet thanks for the heads up. Tempted to dredge up some A8's stuff for a look now to see how silly it got. Last event type thing I checked out for TNA was Main Event Mafia I think.

Also poor ole Virgil always gets buried :(

Ah sweet thanks for the heads up. Tempted to dredge up some A8's stuff for a look now to see how silly it got. Last event type thing I checked out for TNA was Main Event Mafia I think.

Also poor ole Virgil always gets buried :(

It'll be like you never left, because guess what faction gets together to fight off Aces and 8's

OK, so now it sounds like Yano's WK9 partners will be two foreigners and one Japanese wrestler - the gaijins aren't from ROH, TNA or CMLL, they aren't Gracies (thank god) or Team 3D, Akebono or Bob Sapp. Muta isn't the Japanese wrestler, either. Sounds like it could be a bunch of NOAH guys, TMDK and another, Sugiura perhaps.

WWE announced their dates for Japan this year, two shows at Sumo Hall on July 3rd & 4th. Probably the best time for it, as New Japan usually slows things down to prepare for the G1 at that point.

Lastly, WK9 is selling really well. Front row and all the floor seats are sold out, plus most of the second tier is already sold. Advance sales are up 50% compared to last year.

WTF?!? IPW:UK hire Russo;

As of January 1st, IPW:UK are proud to announce the signing of the world famous Vince Russo to take over control as the Executive In Power of International Pro Wrestling: United Kingdom (aka, IPW:UK).

With his background in co-ordinating exciting live and televised wrestling events for the past 23 years, working with all of America's most successful and well viewed wrestling promotions, it is with great pride that we make this announcement.

In a deal that has been discussed over the last 8 calendar weeks, Mr. Russo will come in and take over all operations pertaining to the company and the company's direction in 2015. No jobs are lost because of this deal, in fact all it will do is create further employment as we look to expand our live event schedule further in 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7P8krwqwM8

Batman is a VANILLA MIDGET.

You aren't wrong. In the land of gods and super humans, Batman has zero powers, he had to bust his ass off in the indies and rely on technique and flawless execution to get to where he is, to hang with the big boys.

Batman is the vanilla midget to Superman's Cena

The NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome show from Korakuen Hall kicks off in a little over 5 minutes on NJPW World.

I'll watch it. I'd love to see how Russo handles indy booking. Is he gonna be on screen too? That'd be cool if he was. The youtube 'promo' makes it sound like he might be.

Yeah, sounds like he'll be showing up for select events - I think IPW:UK have a big screen in their set-up, iirc, so he'll probably send over videos when he can't be there.

Aiii

So not worth it
El Desperado was literally undressing Liger-san, that bastard!

This program has to be leading to a Mask vs. Mask match, right?

Man, I really hope BUSHI is OK. Scary-ass botch landed him on the back of his neck and he had to be stretched out;

http://i.imgur.com/z7AKE2d.gif

El Desperado was literally undressing Liger-san, that bastard!

This program has to be leading to a Mask vs. Mask match, right?

Probably not a mask vs mask, New Japan like replica mask sales as much as WWE do, but repeatedly trying to unmask Liger is a sure-fire way to bring out his crazed alter-ego Kishin Liger.

Top Bottom