• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anyone else find this quiet smoldering rage thing that guys like Dempsey and Baron Corbin do to be really fucking generic? It seems like they have no personality so creative tells them "just stare at the camera and flare your nostrils". When they are having their little intimidation staredown it's so over the top that I can't tell if they are mad or want to fuck.
Yeah, firing Baron and Dempsey would be a good way for the company to save 40k.

nxt-takeover2-baron-corbin.jpg

Hey guys I'm intimidating fear me and jiggly baby fat belly and shitty tattoos

strobogo

Banned
Baron Von Corbin does nothing at all for me. He has bad hair, hasn't shown anything beyond 30 second squashes, uses wolves and motorcyles without a hint of irony, has awful tats, and uses a modified flatliner for a finisher. The only positives about him is that he had some solid shoulders.

If he had an 8-12 minute match and he's solid, I'll start paying attention to him.

Hey remember when Garrett Bischoff got a job on the main roster in TNA wrestling then never got used again when his dad left and has never been seen in the wrestling world again? No indie appearances. No shoot interview. Nothing.

Alucard

Banned
Finished this week's Lucha Underground. Another solid episode. They revealed the belt, and there's going to be a 20-man gauntlet match for it in three weeks. @_@ Curious to see how that'll work and if it'll take the entire episode. I think it should.

I feel like we're allowed to body shame athletes, who's job it is to make us feel like shit about our bodies.

I feel like when you look like this and wear a singlet, you are asking for it.
nxt_250_photo_08-1012108376.jpg

There's probably better looking bodies than this in your typical WizardWorld line waiting to get a picture with Phil.

strobogo

Banned
Body shaming pro wrestlers seems okay. I agree with Freckle on this. A big part of their job is being in shape and looking good in very little clothing. This goes doubly for NXT guys, who don't tour and have full time access to the Performance Center to work out in.

Are we body shaming Owens or is he ok because he's actively trying to get in shape?

Not a fan of the shirt and shorts but not sure what else he can do. Dudes like him need to figure out how to get that solid Arn Anderson look. Arn wasn't afraid to take his shirt off.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not a fan of the shirt and shorts but not sure what else he can do. Dudes like him need to figure out how to get that solid Arn Anderson look. Arn wasn't afraid to take his shirt off.

Of course Arn wasn't afraid to take his shirt off; he was old man sexy in the 80's and 90's.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
20 years later, and I'm really beginning to appreciate Bam Bam's selling. It's amazing that a guy who looks like that can look like such a compelling babyface because of how he sells moves.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
20 years later, and I'm really beginning to appreciate Bam Bam's selling. It's amazing that a guy who looks like that can look like such a compelling babyface because of how he sells moves.

Bam Bam is legit good as long as he isn't on his way out.

His match with LT is great. I'm going to watch him and Bret at KotR 1993 (A PPV I've been on for three weeks now because of a Lex Luger/Tatanka match) and he is one of the few bright spots in 1995.

Hey remember when Garrett Bischoff got a job on the main roster in TNA wrestling then never got used again when his dad left and has never been seen in the wrestling world again? No indie appearances. No shoot interview. Nothing.

I remember when he was in Aces & Eights. That was... a thing

Top Bottom