• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big Cass is the worst IMO....worse than Bull and The Ascension. He's wasted height.

Not bad on the mic, but in the ring? Forget about it.

Big Cass feels like wasted potential. He's still lacking something intangible I can't put my finger on, but he's also lacking ring gear that makes him look good. Those trunks aren't doing anything for him. He's gotta re-evaluate his gear, ESPECIALLY next to Enzo, who has whimsical and fun gear. Hell I'd call it Fun and Playful gear. Enzo radiates fun, Cass radiates "dude that's friends with Enzo"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because yall are giving me shit, I'm gonna scrap the Zandig avatar for the Lethal Lottery and replace it with Bull Dempsey's crotch lump. You motherfuckers!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Show me the Ascension's amazing feats of strength. And how the fuck is someone with a name 'Vince McMahon' talking about how aesthetics aren't the most important thing?

I know me some fucking power teams. Most of my favorite tag teams are 'power' teams and the Ascension isn't even in contention.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Show me the Ascension's amazing feats of strength. And how the fuck is someone with a name 'Vince McMahon' talking about how aesthetics aren't the most important thing?

How's someone named "Data West" neither data or West?

Kaladin

Big Cass feels like wasted potential. He's still lacking something intangible I can't put my finger on, but he's also lacking ring gear that makes him look good. Those trunks aren't doing anything for him. He's gotta re-evaluate his gear, ESPECIALLY next to Enzo, who has whimsical and fun gear. Hell I'd call it Fun and Playful gear. Enzo radiates fun, Cass radiates "dude that's friends with Enzo"

Big Cass is just instantly forgettable. I don't know why. Vince talks about guys lacking a connection with the audience, beyond "How you doin'" Big Cass is lacking. The moment he puts down the mic, I forget he's even there.

At least I see Enzo and care somewhat about what he does, but he's so bland in the ring. Like he's just there to talk big and get his ass kicked, and so far I find it hard to really be a fan of either of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big Cass is just instantly forgettable. I don't know why. Vince talks about guys lacking a connection with the audience, beyond "How you doin'" Big Cass is lacking. The moment he puts down the mic, I forget he's even there.

At least I see Enzo and care somewhat about what he does, but he's so bland in the ring. Like he's just there to talk big and get his ass kicked, and so far I find it hard to really be a fan of either of them.

You can build a character around that easy if you have a great #2 man, a great heater for it. Cass just isn't there yet, but I think he can make it. He needs to play up the stereotype a LOT more, turn into more of a Johnny Tower type dude. Look darker, not friendly. CHANGE RING GEAR. Be a terror.

I am posting on the internet, I am most definitely data.

Damn

Xater

Vince I respect your honesty but you do realize that for people that actually like the wrestling and possibly promos the best, the Ascension is pretty much the worst. Like not even worth being called up ever.

Kaladin

You can build a character around that easy if you have a great #2 man, a great heater for it. Cass just isn't there yet, but I think he can make it. He needs to play up the stereotype a LOT more, turn into more of a Johnny Tower type dude. Look darker, not friendly. CHANGE RING GEAR. Be a terror.

I think I'd like Enzo better if he was a mouthpiece for someone like that and he only occasionally wrestled, not as a tag partner who seems to outshine the big guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There are better 'big dudes for the sake of being big that suck' to like

Like Kronik. At least they got the theme and the finisher. Ascension has nuttin

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince I respect your honesty but you do realize that for people that actually like the wrestling and possibly promos the best, the Ascension is pretty much the worst. Like not even worth being called up ever.

I wouldn't go that far. They're manufactured, they're the WWE personified as to what they want to present. Lucky for me I want a hoss out there looking strong and beating down people. They can continue to improve even though the chance of that happening is kind of low, but their entrance is totally dope. Great look, great entrance, falls apart somewhat in the ring but I think they can work just fine and be pleasant to watch for most people. In the meantime I'll be happier than a pig in shit.

But almost everything the Ascension do is punchkick. Sami Zayn has more power moves.

Yeah, but Sami looks like a pussy in every sense. It's more about the visual.

There are better 'big dudes for the sake of being big that suck' to like

Like Kronik. At least they got the theme and the finisher. Ascension has nuttin

I loved Kronik. That team was VERY similar as to the kind of look I enjoy most in tag teams. I can love more than one bad team folks!

Ithil

I wouldn't go that far. They're manufactured, they're the WWE personified as to what they want to present. Lucky for me I want a hoss out there looking strong and beating down people. They can continue to improve even though the chance of that happening is kind of low, but their entrance is totally dope. Great look, great entrance, falls apart somewhat in the ring but I think they can work just fine and be pleasant to watch for most people. In the meantime I'll be happier than a pig in shit.

Yeah, but Sami looks like a pussy in every sense. It's more about the visual.

Viktor isn't even big, and Konnor looks like a rat. A giant "first quest of an RPG" rat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Viktor isn't even big, and Konnor looks like a rat. A giant "first quest of an RPG" rat.

Viktor isn't, and his hair is waving goodbye ala Ambrose so I feel for the dude, but Konnor looks great. He's acquired serious mass in this NXT stay. He's "a good size" to me.

Ithil

Viktor isn't, and his hair is waving goodbye ala Ambrose so I feel for the dude, but Konnor looks great. He's acquired serious mass in this NXT stay. He's "a good size" to me.

He's middle of the road to me, he's not the husky type like a Vader or Bray, not a ripped type like Devitt or Neville, just sort of somewhere in the middle.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't see the Ascension going very far on the main roster really, I know they have the look and everything, but there's not really much else there. The tag division doesn't get all that much focus in WWE anyways, but the few tag teams they do have are all great workers that outshine the Ascension in every way. I can see the crowd turning on these guys quickly tbh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"The Rat Man"
mXM7rUh.png

vs

"Acquiring Mass"
wx8R71R.jpg

Sephzilla

Big Cass needs to start doing sit ups or something. He's got Chris Hero / Bo Dallas flab happening around the gut. Also needs new ring gear.

How long until Baron Corbin changes his hair style? The top of his head is surprisingly thin and he'll start having Hogan hair in no time.

MC Safety

I'm glad the Ascension will rise to WWE where I can lose track of them.

"Look at how vaguely threatening we are in a non-specific way! We are big and we growl when we speak!"

Kaladin

Chris Hero.....that was a big waste of potential. Guy with all that talent and the performance center at his disposal and just wasted it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big Cass needs to start doing sit ups or something. He's got Chris Hero / Bo Dallas flab happening around the gut. Also needs new ring gear.

How long until Baron Corbin changes his hair style? The top of his head is surprisingly thin and he'll start having Hogan hair in no time.

He just needs to diet, everyone has abs, just a question of visibility. But his titties droop a little as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Keep reaching, pals.

Ascension are going to at LEAST be 3-time WWE Tag Champs. I realize that doesn't mean shit, but they will be successful.

Top Bottom