• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Konnor's suit game is stronk as fuck. I can see him being a WWE World Heavyweight Champion and doing the media circuit looking like that.

Burial incoming.

eRpNzGS.jpg

My burial I think, s'cuse my faux pas! Didn't realise The H's was becoming the saviour!

Sephzilla

Neville's height is totally going to get him screwed over when he gets to the main roster.

Vince: "Christ this kid is short, Paul made this guy a champion?"

JBL: "But he's a great wrestler despite looking like a hobbit"

Vince: "What the hell is a Hobbit?"

JBL: "Um... it's like a Hornswoggle but from those Lord of the Ring movies"

Vince: "BWAHAHAHA I have a genius idea that will get him over with those fantasy geeks"

HHH is just hated by Punk, and Bret.

As much as I love everything HHH is doing with NXT, god damn it's hard to ignore that he's the guy who pretty much thought up the Montreal Screwjob

Sephzilla

Have Bret and HHH ironed things out? I never really updated myself on that.

I imagine if HBK, Bret, and Vince all patched things up I'd imagine things with HHH are okay now too.

I've always sensed that Bret made peace with Shawn and Vince and just transferred all his hate to Triple H. Probably rightfully so, too, since the screw job was H's idea.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bret just says some real shit from time to time and he said some real shit about Triple H. He didn't sound bitter(but if he did he had good reason to given the history) but he didn't have the political coating a lot of wrestlers use who want to keep their job.

He said he doesn't think Triple H is anything special which is what the internet has said for years. It has nothing to do with him running WWE, it's as a wrestler evaluating another wrestler. Keep in mind, he also doesn't think Ric Flair is that great either. He fucking hates Hogan, but he says Hogan has a great look and great charisma.

Khrno

As much as I love everything HHH is doing with NXT, god damn it's hard to ignore that he's the guy who pretty much thought up the Montreal Screwjob

Bret is my favourite wrestler of all time, but if I must hate someone, I hate HBK, just to maintain the kayfabe.

Joking aside, HHH has redeemed himself a lot from the early 2000s, I don't know if he would be a good CEO, he probably has no idea how to manage a global company, but if he takes over creative, we could expect a better product than what we currently have.

Sephzilla

Bret is my favourite wrestler of all time, but if I must hate someone, I hate HBK, just to maintain the kayfabe.

Joking aside, HHH has redeemed himself a lot from the early 2000s, I don't know if he would be a good CEO, he probably has no idea how to manage a global company, but if he takes over creative, we could expect a better product than what we currently have.

I doubt he'd be a good CEO. Here would be my dream scenario for when Vince steps down:

HHH takes over as head of creative, Steph maintains her current job. But wait, who's going to be CEO and take over the company?

HERE COMES THE MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lemme put it like this.

The Montreal Screwjob made a LOT of money.

At the expense of their most talented wrestler and probably the best actual wrestler of the 90s.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Lemme put it like this.

The Montreal Screwjob made a LOT of money.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

I think the important part of this picture is that he has Steph to run the financial side of things, so that might not be that big of a deal.

Khrno

He said he doesn't think Triple H is anything special which is what the internet has said for years. It has nothing to do with him running WWE, it's as a wrestler evaluating another wrestler. Keep in mind, he also doesn't think Ric Flair is that great either. He fucking hates Hogan, but he says Hogan has a great look and great charisma.

He hates Hogan because Hogan never wanted to put him over, and was against his push when he won his first World title. That was all the deal with Yokozuna, who did actually like Bret a lot.

As far as Flair goes, I think it was more of an ego thing, since Flair was already being considered the best wrestler of the time, and Bret probably dug his own motto more than what he should have (the best there was, etc), but hey if he wasn't the very best, he was pretty damn close, so he did back his shit up, unlike some other so called best in the world.

Khrno

I think the important part of this picture is that he has Steph to run the financial side of things, so that might not be that big of a deal.

I'm not sure if we can really trust Stephanie running the company, so I'm more inclined on thinking that the business man is this one:

HHH takes over as head of creative, Steph maintains her current job. But wait, who's going to be CEO and take over the company?

HERE COMES THE MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Sephzilla

The one thing Montreal related I never understood is why Vince seemed intent on siding with Shawn and making him the champ/face of the company. I know Bret was expensive but HBK was so clearly a disaster waiting to happen. If Taker didn't sideline HBK for 4 years HBK probably would have had a complete drug related meltdown I think, and it would have been a massive PR hit for WWF in the middle of the Monday Night Wars.

The one thing Montreal related I never understood is why Vince seemed intent on siding with Shawn and making him the champ/face of the company. I know Bret was expensive but HBK was so clearly a disaster waiting to happen. If Taker didn't sideline HBK for 4 years HBK probably would have had a complete drug related meltdown I think, and it would have been a massive PR hit for WWF in the middle of the Monday Night Wars.

If I were to guess it was probably doing anything to avoid him joining the rest of the cliq in WCW.

Real talk, do we think locker room leader Taker would have gone along with it?

I personally don't.

Shawn was already alienated from a lot of the locker room, as I understand, but in good standing with Vince.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;144046021 said:
If I were to guess it was probably doing anything to avoid him joining the rest of the cliq in WCW.

I kind of wish I could peak into the alternate universe where the entire Cliq jumped to WCW. Having Hogan and the Cliq's collective ego clashing in the same locker room would have been amazing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the avatar I didn't end up submitting, I might just use it myself at some point;

hB2ThKZ.jpg

Gosh that's a really good avatar. Maybe someone submitted something close to that.

EDIT: Should I show all the submissions before doing the lottery? I'm torn.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of wish I could peak into the alternate universe where the entire Cliq jumped to WCW. Having Hogan and the Cliq's collective ego clashing in the same locker room would have been amazing

Shawn would have been gone. Like you can't outplay Hogan in that backstage shit. WCW would bend to his will entirely. Nash and Hall would have probably tried to play mediator, but X-Pac got fired which proved to them that they weren't untouchable like Hogan was.

Sephzilla

Shawn would have been gone. Like you can't outplay Hogan in that backstage shit. WCW would bend to his will entirely. Nash and Hall would have probably tried to play mediator, but X-Pac got fired which proved to them that they weren't untouchable like Hogan was.

The only reason X-Pac was fired was because they couldn't punish Hall and Nash though wasn't it? I'd imagine HBK would probably get a Hall/Nash level contract if he went to WCW. Lets be real X-Pac was always the weakest Cliq member.

So if we're pretending Shawn jumps to WCW does this mean Bret stays in WWF? Because that means we get more of Canadian Hero Bret Hart vs Real Ass Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WWF Title at WrestleMania 14

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only reason X-Pac was fired was because they couldn't punish Hall and Nash though wasn't it? I'd imagine HBK would probably get a Hall/Nash level contract if he went to WCW. Lets be real X-Pac was always the weakest Cliq member.

So if we're pretending Shawn jumps to WCW does this mean Bret stays in WWF? Because that means we get more of Canadian Hero Bret Hart vs Real Ass Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WWF Title at WrestleMania 14

Probably. It would also mean Triple H would go nowhere as punishment for all his buddies leaving. Unless he went to WCW as well, and I know Kevin Sullivan said the only NWO member he wanted to add after Hogan, Hall and Nash was HBK. So I couldn't see Triple H making it anywhere past TV title.

Owen probably would have gotten a better lot in his career due to not existing solely to put over Triple H despite being loyal to Vince and not going with his brother and the rest of his family to WCW.

Sephzilla

Probably. It would also mean Triple H would go nowhere as punishment for all his buddies leaving. Unless he went to WCW as well, and I know Kevin Sullivan said the only NWO member he wanted to add after Hogan, Hall and Nash was HBK. So I couldn't see Triple H making it anywhere past TV title.

Owen probably would have gotten a better lot in his career due to not existing solely to put over Triple H despite being loyal to Vince and not going with his brother and the rest of his family to WCW.

So lets analyze how different the late 90s would have went if HBK jumped ship.

1) Montreal Screwjob doesn't happen
2) HHH's career likely goes nowhere as a result of being punished in WWF or going back to WCW
3) Bret Hart stays with WWF
4) We get more Bret vs Austin
5) HBK doesn't get his career derailed by Undertaker
6) HBK has drug related collapse since he now doesn't have 4 years to rediscover himself
7) Most/All of the Cliq is now in the nWo - so no D-Generation X
8) Bret Hart possibly never gets concussed/has a stroke
9) Owen Hart might still be alive
10) Owen and Bret go on to have long storied careers and get inducted into the Hall of Fame together
11) Austin still goes on to be face of the WWF
12) Due to no Montreal, Mr McMahon character might not exist (or at least not been a ready made heel for Austin)
13) HHH likely never hooks up with Stephanie
14) WCW's downfall likely still happens (90's HBK might have even accelerated it)
15) WWF still wins Monday Night Wars
16) Age of Cena still happens
17) No NXT

Khrno

The WM match would have been so much better, but I think we wouldn't have had the whole Austin-Vince feud, or at least it wouldn't have happened organically like that.

Even if Bret was the heel (for the American audience) at the Survivor Series match, the screwjob just turned both HBK and Vince into heels, allowing Austin to explode. If this hadn't happened, there would have been no reason for most people to turn on HBK and hate on Vince. Maybe HHH's DX could have blamed both Austin and Bret for HBK's departure and side with Vince to go against both of them post-WM (thus turning Bret face again).

So in the end, Austin-Vince would have still happened, but just in a less impacting way I think.

a mcmahon in every corner would've had bret in it!

commissioner owen hart after he retires from in ring work in 2000.

man, shit bums me out to think about. Owen's death is probably the only real celeb launch that still bums me the fuck out; so senseless and sad. Raw is owen has its criticisms but fuck, it's a real ass depiction of loss that we honestly don't get to see in television often.

Sephzilla

The WM match would have been so much better, but I think we wouldn't have had the whole Austin-Vince feud, or at least it wouldn't have happened organically like that.

Even if Bret was the heel (for the American audience) at the Survivor Series match, the screwjob just turned both HBK and Vince into heels, allowing Austin to explode. If this hadn't happened, there would have been no reason for most people to turn on HBK and hate on Vince. Maybe HHH's DX could have blamed both Austin and Bret for HBK's departure and side with Vince to go against both of them post-WM (thus turning Bret face again).

So in the end, Austin-Vince would have still happened, but just in a less impacting way I think.

The rise of Austin was already happening well before Montreal ever happened. I think the only direct result of Montreal for Austin was that it gave Austin a second heel all set for him in McMahon.

WM14 with Austin vs Bret with Mike Tyson joining the Hart Foundation would have been possibly the GOAT main event.

Top Bottom