• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Forgot South Park was this year too! Only game I've felt was 'too short' this year too though looking back it was probably the correct length to keep the funny bits from becoming overwhelming and blunt.

Only as short as you make it. I dug through every house, every little bit of trash, every easter egg I could find in that game.

Sephzilla

Shit I completely forgot about South Park.

Honestly my GOTY this year would have been Master Chief Collection had 343 not delivered possibly the greatest botch in gaming history

joelseph

What's yours?

q1piZLu.png

and

tabletop-simulator-cover.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mostly played arcade games this year. Which is weird to say, but it's true. Discovered a bunch of new stuff when I went to Funspot earlier this year.

Sephzilla

Going off of the "end of the year" stuff, what was your guys' favorite movie of this year?

Mine's a tie between The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy.

My most disappointing movie of 2014 is probably Hobbit 3

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tabletop Simulator is DOPE AS FUCK. I DQed Binding of Isaac Rebirth because it's a remake of something older, but it's been enjoyable. Still kinda honestly prefer the original. The soundtrack especially.

Going off of the "end of the year" stuff, what was your guys' favorite movie of this year?

Mine's a tie between The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy.

My most disappointing movie of 2014 is probably Hobbit 3

I watched maybe one movie, and it was Guardians. Best and worst movie by default.

Alien: Isolation

Though that pick is heavily influenced by a touch of the fanbois towards the entire Alien Franchise. It's the first game in a long time that has 'got it right'.
I should have purchased the game when it was around $25 during black friday. Got FIFA instead and while I like the game, I now want a good single player game to play.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wished Alien Isolation hadn't dragged on as long as it did. Once you got a flamethrower, the game changed a bit for the worse. I realize it was you FINALLY getting the power to do what you want to for once, but it sucked the life out of the game for me there. Really loved the visuals, but I loved Luftrauser's visual style more.

Friends, since the year is coming to a close, I want to express that Wolfenstein: The New Order was the best game I played all year. I hope everyone here got a chance to play it, it truly is wonderful.

Runner-up is Banished. Euro poverty sims are one of my favorites.

What's yours?

Sunset Overdrive. Just so much fun to run around the city and I really like the look. The humors a bit hit and miss but I'd rather have a goofy game than a bland one.

My fav five runner-ups are Donkey Kong, Trials Fusion, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, Mario Kart 8, and The Evil Within.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it weird/wrong to say that Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition might be my most anticipated 2015 release right now?

It's just kind of a dumb thing to say because we've all played DMC4 and it wasn't that good.

iUUlicBcVbMwr.gif

Best film for me is probably Edge of Tomorrow, which is kinda depressing - I mean, it was fine and all and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't 'film of the year' great. I enjoyed Guardians as well, but it's hype was somewhat overblown. I watched a ton of old films this year though. Ever see The Long Goodbye? Watched it a few months back and loved it.

Best game...South Park, but I wish it could've been twice as long. Banished was excellent as well, but I suck at it. I've also really enjoyed Far Cry 4 - sure, it's a ubi collect-a-thon through and through, but it hits the right notes for me.

Sephzilla

It's just kind of a dumb thing to say because we've all played DMC4 and it wasn't that good.

I know, but I have this odd suspicion that they might actually be going back and fixing DMC4's problems. Plus playable Vergil. I actually think next year is going to be a really great year for that franchise.

DmC: Apology Edition is coming out.

DMC4: Special Edition heralds the return of the real franchise.

All signs right now are pointing to Devil May Cry 5 coming.

XenoRaven

This is weird but the games I enjoyed most were games I didn't play much because I've been battling a sleep disorder and don't want to play games I like when I feel half dead.

Mario Kart 8
Smash
Bayo 2
Sunset Overdrive
The Evil Within

jmdajr

Excited about avatar nonsense tomorrow. Not sure how much time I will have to post...but it will be a sight to see I'm sure.

Hasney

I know, but I have this odd suspicion that they might actually be going back and fixing DMC4's problems. Plus playable Vergil. I actually think next year is going to be a really great year for that franchise.

Yup, but whichever one sells more is probably going to develop it, so hopefully DmC bombs as hard as it did for its first release.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Excited about avatar nonsense tomorrow. Not sure how much time I will have to post...but it will be a sight to see I'm sure.

We have some DISGUSTING entries.

I'm gonna post up the coordination image. Everyone entered gets a number, then they go claim their av from numbered avs. Random random.

Yup, but whichever one sells more is probably going to develop it, so hopefully DmC bombs as hard as it did for its first release.

Nah this is free money for them, it's not a scenario like that. And why would you hope a game bombs?

not gonna turn this into "Is DmC good or not" but I have a hard time believing that there are people out there that didn't think classic DMC's art direction was reaaalllly long in the tooth by the time part four came around. The angel city was kinda lame and every demon looked like they belonged more in Onimusha than DMC, especially the insect and bird dudes. Dante's get up was also stupid and all the retooling in the world isn't going to help the fact that you go through the same game twice and some bosses even more than that.

It played fun enough sure~

My games of the year were Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive, though there's been enough time for me to admit that Sunset's got a lot of small nagging problems that are just weird design decisions (music takign like 20 seconds to spin up for reasons unknown). Still was a real breath of fresh air. Titanfall on the other hand is just a clinic in masterclass map design~

I still gotta play forza horizon 2, the demo alone is probably on my top 5.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to enter the lethal lottery. Staying with my family is keeping me busy, plus visiting friends and whatnot. Might whip up a struggle avatar before going to bed though.

Vince, can you post the names of the entrants so far? A bit curious.

Sephzilla

I was worried that was going to be the case at first, but after thinking about it more I highly doubt that's what's going to happen. I think the future of that franchise has already been determined and DMC4 getting resurrected after 7 years is probably a huge sign at which direction they're going. The original DMC series has been getting a lot of love lately. Also, Tameem straight up said Ninja Theory isn't working on any sequels to their previous games right now. So unless Capcom wants that franchise sitting idle for another 4 years, we aren't seeing a DmC sequel.

I think the DmC remaster is just an attempt to get that game's sales numbers over 2 million just so it doesn't stand out too badly as the worst selling entry in the franchise. I also think there's a huge reason why DMC4:SE is coming out after the DmC port (ie: there's probably going to be a DMC5 reveal tied to it and they don't want that overshadowing DmC's re-release).

Edit: Plus the main guy who pushed for "westernized" Devil May Cry isn't with Capcom anymore.

Hasney

Nah this is free money for them, it's not a scenario like that. And why would you hope a game bombs?

Because it will shape future development with 2 coming out at the same time like that. Even if they learnt from it, Ninja Theory hasn't released a good game yet, so I couldn't picture a second game being much better.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;144018466 said:
not gonna turn this into "Is DmC good or not" but I have a hard time believing that there are people out there that didn't think classic DMC's art direction was reaaalllly long in the tooth by the time part four came around. The angel city was kinda lame and every demon looked like they belonged more in Onimusha than DMC, especially the insect and bird dudes. Dante's get up was also stupid and all the retooling in the world isn't going to help the fact that you go through the same game twice and some bosses even more than that.

I had no problem with the game's art style, I honestly still think DMC4 visually holds up pretty well. Subjectively I still like it more than DmC's artistic direction. The main problem with DMC4 was that it was rushed out the door by Capcom, which is why the second half of the game is kind of a rush job.

Supposedly DMC4's PS4 port has been in the works for about 6 months+ already meaning that the game will basically have a year of development plus the 3 years DMC4 already had. If (big if) all of the unfinished assets that were cut from vanilla DMC4 are still around they could be going back and more or less finishing the original game. I'm not setting my hopes that high but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

I think there's a huge reason why Capcom is trying to get all of the DmC:DE stuff out of the way first and try to give it as much spotlight as possible. Capcom's kind of giving me the impression they're expecting DMC4's stuff to overshadow it. I mean shit, the Vergil in DMC4 tease straight up took over the GAF thread about DmC's trailer on gaming side. The pull of the original franchise is real.

I loved DmC. The originals never appealed to me enough to try it, and I don't think I would have enjoyed them. I loved DmC's style, and the combat was fun.

For context, I also hated Bayonetta. So maybe I just don't like "good" spectacle fighters.

JavyOO7

CFO$ has been doing great work this year.

Bayley
Charlotte
Sasha
Ascension
Neville
Breeze
Sami
Finn Balor
Bo Dallas
Enzo
Owens

even Kenta/Itami's theme isn't so bad

Many of their themes this year sound inspired. And they're just fun to listen too. If they end up in future NXT PPVs, you have to look out for Buddy Murphy/Wesley Blake themes. Because while their dub step theme is so random and very hilarious at that, I don't think its a CFO$ production. So they're getting a new theme. Same for CJ Parker. Though it seems like they licensed that song for him. It fits him like a glove!

Carnby

Wrasslegaf Christmas movie list powered by me

• Santa With Muscles
• Jingle All The Way
• Die Hard
• Home Alone
• Batman Returns
• Rudolph, The Rednosed Reindeer 1964
• Frosty the Snowman 1969
• A Charlie Brown Christmas
• Lethal Weapon
• Jack Frost
• Santa Clause
• Muppet Family Christmas
• Muppet Christmas Carol
• Garfield Christmas Special
• Trading Places

This is based off my extensive nostalgia and not because I've seen many of them recently. Because I've only seen a few recently.

I'd like to recommend Cobra staring Sylvester Stallone.

Sephzilla

Wrasslegaf Christmas movie list powered by me

• Santa With Muscles
• Jingle All The Way
• Die Hard
• Home Alone
• Batman Returns
• Rudolph, The Rednosed Reindeer 1964
• Frosty the Snowman 1969
• A Charlie Brown Christmas
• Lethal Weapon
• Jack Frost
• Santa Clause
• Muppet Family Christmas
• Muppet Christmas Carol
• Garfield Christmas Special
• Trading Places

This is based off my extensive nostalgia and not because I've seen many of them recently. Because I've only seen a few recently.

Are Die Hard 2 and Home Alone 2 under the "franchise" umbrella?

Sephzilla

New Dante is like Cena. When he tries to be serious it's groan worthy because it's not so bad it becomes good. When he tries to be FnP it falls flat.

Verendus

Banned
Friends, I have started a countdown. Not another Batista countdown that ends with me in depression. But a countdown to Roman beginning his journey to dethroning Joan Cena as the number one MEGASTAR in the WWE.

Five weeks left, bitch.

Balee dat.

Fox318

Friends, I have started a countdown. Not another Batista countdown that ends with me in depression. But a countdown to Roman beginning his journey to dethroning Joan Cena as the number one MEGASTAR in the WWE.

Five weeks left, bitch.

Balee dat.

Too bad Roman couldn't get through this without stuttering

Verendus

Banned
I think I'd prefer another 10 years of Cena.
No, no. No you wouldn't. Don't say that. No one would prefer another 10 years of that jorts wearing Hitler lover. Maybe racist people would.

And it's okay, Fox. I'm working on some promos for him right now that I'll be emailing to WWE.com which I'm sure he'll be able to get through just fine.

Top Bottom