• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

strobogo

Banned
Yes, numerous posts. As for what Dana said, don't be naive, Dana says a lot of shit. Do you expect him to come out and say he signed him because he is hoping for the crossover potential to spike his business, which has declined? This is business, PPV dollars are at the heart of this deal. I'm sure Dana has quite a lot of "friends" would would like to be in the UFC but who are not

I guess you missed the sarcasm in both posts about that statement and how it was worse and more embarrassing than just flat out saying it is a publicity stunt.

This page
oLgiRkm.gif

I look forward to people still posting about Punk crawling back to Vince 20 years from now.

Rapstah

Darren Young is apparently back on house shows and he's apparently back working lowest of the low card matches against Justin Gabriel, so I guess we'll see if he gets the same treatment on TV. I don't think he's the bunny as of right now, even though he probably was when they started the angle.

Xater

tough enough could get pretty embarrassing

I think the only Tough Enough thing I have ever seen is, where one of the women mentions Alicia Fox as here favorite wrestler. The Stone Cold says "Who?" and looks absolutely dumbfounded. It still makes me laugh thinking about it.

I think the only Tough Enough thing I have ever seen is, where one of the women mentions Alicia Fox as here favorite wrestler. The Stone Cold says "Who?" and looks absolutely dumbfounded. It still makes me laugh thinking about it.

oh you didn't see the winner's first and only wwe tv appearance?

Mzz3b.gif

That women is actually employe d by wwe

Cameron

It was Cameron saying her favourite match ever was Melina vs Alicia Fox. She's also the only Tough Enough person from that season who was signed
vXLEqk9.gif

Carnby

Except the people who he knocks of PPV cards and costs them pay days and Reebok sponsorship money because Dana just wanted to give his "friend" a shot...by a giving not even an amateur a big money, multi-fight contract at the expense of people he already employs and barely pays to get brain damage.

I'm sure it's been said already, but it's ironic that Punk is now the UFC equivalent of a WWE part timer. He became what he hates. I wonder if he will ever realize it.

Exactly. And at most their fights are like 15 minutes.
CM Punk has had multiple hour-long fights with Samoan Joe after driving 15 hours between shows only a day apart

Carnby

You misunderstood me. I'm saying he is a wwe part timer equivalent. He cut in line and got top billing because of his celebrity status. Dana thinks Punk is best for business, much like WWE thought Batista would be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
WK9 card looks great but no Shibata?

people got tired of being stiffed on? :p

Alucard

Banned
Just gonna post CZW gifs until you guys stop with Guy Fieri.

Yep, he also has Guitarra de Muerte, which is basically a Cop Killa/Kudo Driver - also, that's the second version of Guitarra de Angel, the first was a lot less safe; he hoisted the dude into a full splash-mountain position and then Steiner Screwdriver'd them. Brutal.

Enjoying your New Japan reviews man. In regards to the young lions, they have to earn a bit of individuality, but for now will stick to the black trunks and basic move-sets. It's interesting to see how they're being positioned though - Komatsu shows a lot of fire and is very speedy, he'll almost certainly be a Jr. and, while Tanaka isn't terribly tall, I feel like they're highlighting his strength and he'll end up a heavyweight.

When it comes to the young lions, I can see they're obviously really damn good at the actual in-ring performance. Their form is great and they're very quick and fluid. It's like watching a badass action flick, but with non-descript characters. And that's the problem.

The crowd seems really into them, but I'm wondering if that's just the young girls screaming at their youthful beauty and not because of their personalities/characters.

Of course, I've only seen around 3 matches each with these guys now, so that could be why I don't "get" the story if there is one.

I cannot think of any scenario where Reigns doesn't win the Rumble. They know it's all telegraphed, but they don't care because Reigns is the chosen guy

Top Bottom