• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oooooh if this is going where I hope it's going...

I don't know if I can handle Kishin Liger

Side note, Liger unmasked looks like Liu Kang

jushin_liger_02.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Still getting used to the difference in officiating between North American and Japanese wrestling. So much more leeway given in Japan...guys can basically choke each other with cables or wrist tape, and the ref will just give them a warning instead of DQing them immediately.

strobogo

Banned
I'm not sure there is a more satisfying crowd turning on someone as the MSG crowd turning on HBK at SS 1996. He had been such a miserable, annoying piece of shit since right after WM11 and the MSG crowd was not having any of his shit. The super smarky NYC crowd turning on Mr. Work Rate for a big muscled up oaf makes it even better. So many fist bumps.

Since I'm pretty proud of the work I've done on my game tonight, I'm sharing this pic with you wrassle gaffers, because... eh. It's not like there's a generic 'share screens from my work in progress game' thread.

XenoRaven

Still getting used to the difference in officiating between North American and Japanese wrestling. So much more leeway given in Japan...guys can basically choke each other with cables or wrist tape, and the ref will just give them a warning instead of DQing them immediately.
Virtually anything goes outside of the ring.

Alucard

Banned
I... don't.. like it? I dunno, it doesn't seem like a wrestling theme. Comes off more as the score to a final action scene

My penchant for epic fantasy and video game music is probably affecting my judgment, but I think it's just so different from anything else that it stands out and could make a guy feel really special with the right gimmick, lighting, etc. Like a neo-Undertaker entrance.

Since I'm pretty proud of the work I've done on my game tonight, I'm sharing this pic with you wrassle gaffers, because... eh. It's not like there's a generic 'share screens from my work in progress game' thread.

Cool stuff dude. Didn't know we had game-makers in here.

I'm about to watch Triple H/Cactus Jack. What would you people say are the best WWE title (and WHC, I guess) matches to take place at the Royal Rumble?

Alucard

Banned
Goto's finisher is a little weird. Upon first glance, it looks like his opponent is reversing a suplex attempt into a DDT, but he's actually in control the entire time.

GotoFinishCNJ.gif

Ahahaha the ref takes the barbed wire 2x4 and gives it to the Spanish announce table to hide. Cactus goes over and beats one of them up before the other gives it back to him.

Just saw Kurt Angle Vs Shawn Michaels WM 21. Great match, really enjoyed the mat wrestling from HBK. Really riveting match, was kinda weirded out that the crowd wasn't completely into the match, also noticed that HBK was getting some heat, why is that? I know Kurt was the type of heel you love to hate/too good to hate. Really bummed to see what's happened to him.

Also side note, someone was talking about how HBK was a bore in 95/96... I didn't start watching WWE until '99. I was always under the impression that he was always a great wrestler, and seems to put over quite a bit of people... Must have been the drugs I suppose.

strobogo

Banned
Just saw Kurt Angle Vs Shawn Michaels WM 21. Great match, really enjoyed the mat wrestling from HBK. Really riveting match, was kinda weirded out that the crowd wasn't completely into the match, also noticed that HBK was getting some heat, why is that? I know Kurt was the type of heel you love to hate/too good to hate. Really bummed to see what's happened to him.

Also side note, someone was talking about how HBK was a bore in 95/96... I didn't start watching WWE until '99. I was always under the impression that he was always a great wrestler, and seems to put over quite a bit of people... Must have been the drugs I suppose.

He COULD have been great, but the drugs and attitude problem made him a real piece of shit during that period. He has a lot of matches that look like they'd be great on paper, but suck because he wouldn't give his opponent much to work with. His best matches during that period were with guys who weren't afraid to rough him up and turn the match into a brawl. His matches against Diesel and Mankind were two of the best matches of his during that period for that reason. The match with Sid was good because the fans turned on him something fierce. HBK vs Vader could have been the matches of the 90s. Instead it was boring and lame because HBK made sure Vader knew that if he got stiff, his career in the WWF was done. So Vader took it WAY easy on him and his WWF career was pretty much done anyway.

I kinda wish all the titles had rules to them. Like I overall find ROH ok but I really am a sucker for a Tv title and I enjoy the whole "proving ground" thing. Like you beat the champ in a non title match or you last the time limit? Hell yeah you get a title shot. Throw in the x division title's option c thing and we got a stew cooking

So it's pretty cool they show Lucha replays on Saturdays. Seeing the Cage promo makes me wonder if they would sign Ricker to Lucha? Since he's got alittle Hollywood in it and could play a great heel.

E: The triple threat ladder match was awesome!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Andre The Giant vs Dr Death(not that one, the reporter slapping one) at Madison Square Garden 1984

Not the best quality, but one of the great things about this match is Andre's introduction. It shows the fans trying to get up and look for Andre when he's coming out. Like he were the 8th Wonder of the World. And another great part is when Dr Death tries to choke Andre and Andre just smiles and holds it hand up in a fist aiming at Schulz general drection, like, 'mother fucker, just try me'. Also featuring the rare, illusive Mean Gene commentary action set.

Dr Death looks like a local jobber next to Andre. It's very entertaining for what is almost a 10 minute squash match.

Top Bottom