• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fox318

I cannot think of any scenario where Reigns doesn't win the Rumble

I think that's why they are going to change the ending.

Unless there is some crazy way to book reigns so that he is a hero he is gonna get booed.

If Vince wanted him to go over they should have the Rumble in a small arena in Montana or something.

Then again if your only way to get somebody over is having it in the middle of nowhere you might not have the right guy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
E136n9c.jpg
Miz Reigns is p. damn amazing.

Tell that to the struggling comic book writers who have to post their stories on fan fiction sites now that he took a spot.

Yeah he's taking work away from some talented people out there
Roman couldn't help but chuckle at Dean's unintentional cuteness. He always turned into a big baby when he was sleeping, and he certainly didn't respond well to being woken up this early in the morning, especially not after the night they'd had. He didn't want to have to wake Dean up just to get him to move, so he figured he would try to roll over and adjust their positions that way.

Slowly and gently, Roman started to move a little bit at a time until he was finally able to lay on his back, every move echoed by Dean, who was still steadfastly clinging to him. He lifted his head up to see that Dean was stripped down to just his underwear, his leg draped over Roman's body as he lay there peacefully, sweaty hair plastered to his forehead. He let out a big sigh as he snuggled more insistently into Roman's shoulder, a smile playing at the corner of his lips. "Mmm, no more moving," he croaked, his voice raspy, eyes still closed. "Mmmyoustayhere. Mine."

As much as he didn't want to disturb him, Roman couldn't help but laugh at Dean's comments. He still couldn't get over the fact that this man could be both the epitome of a "tough guy" and also an adorable little boy at the same time. He tried to hold in his laughter, but after a few moments Dean was shaken awake by the haphazard rising and falling of the larger man's chest as he giggled beneath him.

Dean blinked a few times, rubbing his eye sockets with the heel of his hand. He ran his hand up over his forehead, trying to brush his hair back, but since it was so stuck to him, most of it stayed in place. Roman smiled and pulled the blonde's hand away, resting it back onto his chest while he carefully peeled the hair off of Dean's face for him. As he did so, Dean brought his leg up higher over Roman's midsection and snuggled even closer. "My Romie,"

Darren Young is apparently back on house shows and he's apparently back working lowest of the low card matches against Justin Gabriel, so I guess we'll see if he gets the same treatment on TV. I don't think he's the bunny as of right now, even though he probably was when they started the angle.
They should really send him to NXT

Fox318

Guys what if Cena enters the Rumble after losing to Lesnar and gets eliminated by Roman as a true symbolic passing of the torch?

WY82007.gif

What good does that do?

Then you have a guy who is at best 50/50.

Kids will hate him for taking Cena out and if he's lucky the smarks might like him.

Alucard

Banned
So, I'm going to watch this live in Toronto tonight:

B5LevgYCUAAMy2x.jpg:large

B3LLAosIYAAhbZC.jpg:large

Angelina Love and Seleziya are also scheduled to appear. AND there's gonna be a dog collar match. Aw yeah!

This thread got weird for a bit

Side note: I think it's kinda cool that ROH champs get special rings. I like how they treat titles in general over there

Fox318

I'd probably mark out for Cena getting buried but then I'd realize they still made Reigns the top guy.

Except Cena wouldn't be buried...

He can blame the Lesnar match on his performance.

That summerslam Lesar match was the closest thing we will ever get to a Cena burial.

I'm watching Bash at the Beach 1996. I'm surprised at the reaction John Tenta got when he hit Big Bubba with the sock filled with coins. The match was boring but when he hit Bubba the crowd went nuts.

Also, two gimmick matches back to back. Tenta vs Bubba Sock on a Pole. DDP vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan in a Tapped fist match.

Alucard

Banned
Is Crowe ever going to debut? Did they pull the plug on his Book of Solomon shtick because it was too similar to Bray Wyatt, or what?

Crowe's best gimmick has sort of been co-opted by Dean Ambrose, which is a shame for him. I'm glad the hacker stuff is gone though - in a world where entrance music plays even for a 'surprise' return or someone running to ringside and John Cena can get his terrible photoshop "humour" plastered over the screens on cue, a hacker seems kinda redundant.

The crowd seems really into them, but I'm wondering if that's just the young girls screaming at their youthful beauty and not because of their personalities/characters.

Of course, I've only seen around 3 matches each with these guys now, so that could be why I don't "get" the story if there is one.

They share a basic nondescript character of sorts that's based on all the trainees going back to Baba & Inoki, I wouldn't even really call it a character, it's more like what the crowd expect of the trainees - they expect them to lose the majority of their matches, but they also expect to see them show a lot of fire and try as hard as possible in the face of adversity, plus they love it when the trainees exceed their expectations and manage to turn the tables on the fully fledged roster members, even if they ultimately lose. They really aren't allowed any sort of deeper character or personality at this stage, it's all about how they perform at the basic level, how well they draw sympathy from the audience, etc.

I think the only Tough Enough thing I have ever seen is, where one of the women mentions Alicia Fox as here favorite wrestler. The Stone Cold says "Who?" and looks absolutely dumbfounded. It still makes me laugh thinking about it.

I still wonder how and why she not only got hired but continues to have a job.
It was Cameron saying her favourite match ever was Melina vs Alicia Fox. She's also the only Tough Enough person from that season who was signed
vXLEqk9.gif

That said, to be fair I'm pretty sure that was intended as a reference/rib on Taryn Tyrell since the story of her doing the same thing in FCW came out was spread around not long before that happened... At least I hope it was.

Did anyone else collect Muscle Men as a kid and have no clue they were wrestlers or a cartoon series?

I did and didn't have any idea either until years later.

lol @ Solomon Crowe's new look
Cugh7mN.png

Blue Meanie back when he lost weight?

Wow. Superstars had Emma vs. Summer and Los Matadors. Cesaro/Kidd this week and both matches were pretty great. I hope this Cesaro/Kidd team goes places.

I can't wait for Cesaro or Kidd to come out one week alone while Michael Cole tells us about a tweet they put out earlier saying they split on amicable terms

Top Bottom