• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just gonna post CZW gifs until you guys stop with Guy Fieri.

iOV3rscCMMbou.gif

El Desperado's Guitarra de Angel finisher looks damn good.

ElDesperadoFinisher.gif

I'm assuming that's what I'm seeing here anyway.

Yep, he also has Guitarra de Muerte, which is basically a Cop Killa/Kudo Driver - also, that's the second version of Guitarra de Angel, the first was a lot less safe; he hoisted the dude into a full splash-mountain position and then Steiner Screwdriver'd them. Brutal.

Enjoying your New Japan reviews man. In regards to the young lions, they have to earn a bit of individuality, but for now will stick to the black trunks and basic move-sets. It's interesting to see how they're being positioned though - Komatsu shows a lot of fire and is very speedy, he'll almost certainly be a Jr. and, while Tanaka isn't terribly tall, I feel like they're highlighting his strength and he'll end up a heavyweight.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd love someone to review A View to a Kill in this thread. It's right up someone's alley.

The plot makes no sense...for a James Bond movie even. Christopher Walken is supposedly playing a superhuman. Grace Jones is in it (and threatened to sodomize a nearly 60 year old Rodger Moore during a scene)

Plus it has that dope ass Duran Duran opening.

Ithil

I'm currently on a run through of the Bond movies, just finished For Your Eyes Only. A View To A Kill is the one after next so I'll report on it when I see it. I hear it's not very good.

Don't even know what's going on here, but I feel like this will quickly be adopted gaming side. Also those 80's Bond Intros had some great music. My Wife hates the Bond movies, as apparently he's really racist and sexist. I never noticed.

I'm going to make Guy Fieri in The Sims and Zandig and see what they get up to.

Please put it on youtube so we can see the wonderful story unfold. I'll Sub, Like, Vote Up, Retweet and Hashtag it.

Gonzalez

Banned
I hear it's not very good.
There are some entertaining aspects of the film. Like for instance anything involving Christopher Walken's ridiculous blimp. Also of course as mentioned the theme. Although I'm more partial to A-ha's Living Daylights when it comes to the Bond New Wave themes.

Recall

iMYWk66q4shCw.gif

I'm OK with this. Doing a run-through of Bond at the moment, From Russia With Love is still my favourite; more actual espionage than over the top spy action. Also, no Roger Moore.

Ric Blade's never ending feud against Johnny Kashmere and Trent Acid, the Backseat Boys in CZW back in 1999 all the way to early 2001.

Can't believe that was now forever ago.

strobogo

Banned
I was going to try to watch the Bond series and make gifs and stuff but I started watching oldest chronologically on Netflix (I believe it is From Russia With Love) and couldn't handle it. Looks great, though. Crisp and colorful, fun and playful, but I didn't like it.

I was going to try to watch the Bond series and make gifs and stuff but I started watching oldest chronologically on Netflix (I believe it is From Russia With Love) and couldn't handle it. Looks great, though. Crisp and colorful, fun and playful, but I didn't like it.

Ah man, that's a shame - From Russia With Love is really the most restrained of all the Bond films, no wacky gadgets, ridiculous henchmen or crazy 60s quasi-futuristic clothing. Even the other Connery films are far more OTT than From Russia and the Roger Moore films seem entirely ridiculous by comparison. Perhaps try some Timothy Dalton-era Bond? License to Kill in particular is a great action film, more modern and without any of the ridiculous aspects of Bond.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's one of my favorite Bond movies because of it.

Also if you really want to lure Stro into a Bond movie then the perfect choice is on Netflix RIGHT NOW.

Live and Let Die. It practically has Papa Shango in it.

strobogo

Banned
It's one of my favorite Bond movies because of it.

Also if you really want to lure Stro into a Bond movie then the perfect choice is on Netflix RIGHT NOW.

Live and Let Die. It practically has Papa Shango in it.

It is a great song. Both Netflix and Network run out on the 24th for me. I'm trying to bank a bunch of PPV reviews, but I might take a break and try another Bond movie.

License to Kill is basically Bond stuck in a long ass episode of Miami Vice.
License to Kill is a lot like the current Craig movies, moviegoing public just wasn't ready for a subdued Bond at the time. It also opened near the first Tim Burton Batman so it stood no chance.

Jesus, that Punk UFC thread...people salty that Punk, shock horror, is a carny-ass businessman, people salty that he's "disrespecting the biz, maaaaaaan", people salty because any new fans Punk may attract to the sport aren't the sort of fans they want, dagnammit! Just salt pouring forth in general, huge mountains of it. I hope Punk does well, just for the fucking lulz that undoubtedly will transpire.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jesus, that Punk UFC thread...people salty that Punk, shock horror, is a carny-ass businessman, people salty that he's "disrespecting the biz, maaaaaaan", people salty because any new fans Punk may attract to the sport aren't the sort of fans they want, dagnammit! Just salt pouring forth in general, huge mountains of it. I hope Punk does well, just for the fucking lulz that undoubtedly will transpire.

UFC is still real to them, damnit. The fix is in! It might take them awhile to reach it but they will.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's only upside with Punk doing UFC. There's upside for the people that like Punk, there's upside for the people that hate Punk, there's upside for the people that like UFC, there's upside for Punk, there's upside for UFC, even upside for the Cable Companies selling the PPV's he's on.

Everybody fucking wins.

This does not compute.

There's only upside with Punk doing UFC. There's upside for the people that like Punk, there's upside for the people that hate Punk, there's upside for the people that like UFC, there's upside for Punk, there's upside for UFC, even upside for the Cable Companies selling the PPV's he's on.

Everybody fucking wins.

Apart from whoever actually loses the MMA match. Say if Punk loses, he gets paid sure. But he literally won't have won.

strobogo

Banned

Everybody fucking wins.

Except the people who he knocks of PPV cards and costs them pay days and Reebok sponsorship money because Dana just wanted to give his "friend" a shot...by a giving not even an amateur a big money, multi-fight contract at the expense of people he already employs and barely pays to get brain damage.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Except the people who he knocks of PPV cards and costs them pay days and Reebok sponsorship money because Dana just wanted to give his "friend" a shot...by a giving not even an amateur a big money, multi-fight contract at the expense of people he already employs and barely pays to get brain damage.

To be fair though there's a billion cards these days and too many jabroni fighters no one gives a shit about that need to be trimmed anyways. Of course someone who can actually make them money gets to skip the line. Friendship has jackshit to do with it.

strobogo

Banned
PERHAPS Aiii has an agenda of wanting Punk to fight, so Punk's wife will become a widow and be back on the market.

Have you considered that?
ib0ffLdHvs5MBB.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's actually the first thing I thought about. Its a definite win in Aiiiiiiiiiii's book though, so it just proves his point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I think what bothers most people is that it's simply nepotism at its worst. Why shouldn't people be upset when that happens at a high level in their sport?

Nepotism refers to blood relations, its etymology is from the Italian for nephew. Popes that had sons were presented as nephews and the special favors they received due to their secret status spawned the word nepotismo.

Since Dana and Punk aren't related, you want to use cronyism.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm old so I shouldn't have to work for my spot just put me right in UFC

FUCKING BATISTA DID OVW DDP DID THE POWER PLANET BUT PHIL BROOKS CANT DO THE LOW LEAGUE STUFF

strobogo

Banned
Nepotism refers to blood relations, its etymology is from the Italian for nephew. Popes that had sons were presented as nephews and the special favors they received due to their secret status spawned the word nepotismo.

Since Dana and Punk aren't related, you want to use cronyism.

cm-punk.gif

You keep playing-up the whole friendship angle which is ridiculous, this is all about name value and potential PPV buys.

strobogo

Banned
You keep playing-up the whole friendship angle which is ridiculous, this is all about name value and potential PPV buys.

By "keep playing up" do you mean one post in here about it and one post about it in the Punk thread, which is a quote from Dana himself saying he gave Punk a shot because they became friends?

By "keep playing up" do you mean one post in here about it and one post about it in the Punk thread, which is a quote from Dana himself saying he gave Punk a shot because they became friends?

Yes, numerous posts. As for what Dana said, don't be naive, Dana says a lot of shit. Do you expect him to come out and say he signed him because he is hoping for the crossover potential to spike his business, which has declined? This is business, PPV dollars are at the heart of this deal. I'm sure Dana has quite a lot of "friends" would would like to be in the UFC but who are not

Top Bottom