• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMczaf

Cape Cod lobster is the best.

The Raw Bar about ten minutes down the road from my house does a killer lobster roll.

a7a0.jpg

haha, I'm just curious if they're really popular with kids or people who just enjoy collecting anything nintendo are driving the sales. I guess we'll find out early next year when the christmas rush wears off. I've seen tons of those infinity figures in clearance racks before the shopping season started.

Vince will probably produce WWE branded figurines in 2017.

Its kind of difficult to answer at the moment. According to the NPD thread, sales of Amiibo at the end of the cut off were very close to sales of Smash. Which sounds great but When you consider how many hardcore Nintendo fans actually bought whole sets you get the impression that they're largely selling to whales who'll buy anything Nintendo related.

GAF/Internet gaming boards give weird impressions of popularity due to adults not really being the target demographic. Amiibo gets talked about a lot but its obviously selling less than Skylanders and Infinity which get almost no discussion.

Infinity sold extremely well (less than Skylanders) and retailers phased out the first games toys with some exceptions. They didn't go on clearance due to lack of sales.

RP912

Banned
I miss when wrestlers could wear stuff in interviews and promos other than A) their t-shirt on sale now and B) the most bland suits they can find

superstar_6.jpg

WWE_WWF_Royal-Rumble-1990_Jesse-TheBody-Ventura_Mickey-Mouse-T-shirt_ears.JPG

0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ArnAnderson011.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-03-23-at-1.23.53-AM.png

Forreal. Wearing your own merchandise is a distraction. I lone for the days when Arn Anderson would come out with a polo shirt, wrestling tights, shades and a fucking Kangol hat. I blame ECW for that :(

WMXIX is the best wrasslin' game of all time simply because you can interrupt every move in multiman matches by hitting the grappling dudes.

also rotate to get up faster is about one gajillion times better than mash A

Hasney

¡HarlequinPanic!;143727634 said:
WMXIX is the best wrasslin' game of all time simply because you can interrupt every move in multiman matches by hitting the grappling dudes.

But Day of Reckoning 2 is that, just refined even further,

RP912

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;143727634 said:

I gave up on WWE gamecube games after playing the shitty WM18 game :(.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Forreal. Wearing your own merchandise is a distraction. I lone for the days when Arn Anderson would come out with a polo shirt, wrestling tights, shades and a fucking Kangol hat. I blame ECW for that :(

Even Punk's generic hoodie thing, I know it was because he was annoyed or whatever, but it made me buy into this person being a person more rather than THIS IS A PERSON WHO EXISTS TO SELL YOU THE MERCH HE WEARS HE'S BASICALLY AN EWOK. I loved seeing Flair's different outfits back when because I liked to see what he had this week. I know Lebron James talked about how he loved Ric Flair as a kid, and I can see why a kid would see a man in all that fancy jewelry and designer clothes and go 'yeah, I wanna be like him.'

Is there a kid who's going to keep saying 'yeah I wanna wear John Cena shirts and wrist bands' past the age of twelve?

That's why nobody takes wrestling serious anymore, because the wrestlers dress like children. I mean look at Ric Flair.

hqdefault.jpg

He dressed like a fucking champion. Champions don't wear jorts.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
To be honest, I feel the blame is on the wrestlers when it comes to this one. 9 times out of 10 it's up to the wrestler to decide his look.

RP912

Banned
Even Punk's generic hoodie thing, I know it was because he was annoyed or whatever, but it made me buy into this person being a person more rather than THIS IS A PERSON WHO EXISTS TO SELL YOU THE MERCH HE WEARS HE'S BASICALLY AN EWOK. I loved seeing Flair's different outfits back when because I liked to see what he had this week. I know Lebron James talked about how he loved Ric Flair as a kid, and I can see why a kid would see a man in all that fancy jewelry and designer clothes and go 'yeah, I wanna be like him.'

Is there a kid who's going to keep saying 'yeah I wanna wear John Cena shirts and wrist bands' past the age of twelve?

Indeed. When flair came out with designer clothes...I seriously thought his shoes cost more than my damn house (which seems true :/). At least have wrestlers come out with costumes or something like Macho man, instead of a ugly ass t shirt that nobody will wear. This is wrestling, not a Gap fashion event.

Try DoR 2 in an emulator sometime. It really is the best of that generation.

Truthfully, I always wanted to try DoR2...I'll check it out this week.

Its kind of difficult to answer at the moment. According to the NPD thread, sales of Amiibo at the end of the cut off were very close to sales of Smash. Which sounds great but When you consider how many hardcore Nintendo fans actually bought whole sets you get the impression that they're largely selling to whales who'll buy anything Nintendo related.

GAF/Internet gaming boards give weird impressions of popularity due to adults not really being the target demographic. Amiibo gets talked about a lot but its obviously selling less than Skylanders and Infinity which get almost no discussion.

Infinity sold extremely well (less than Skylanders) and retailers phased out the first games toys with some exceptions. They didn't go on clearance due to lack of sales.
oh yeah, forgot about the infinitys 1.0 and 2.0, found that out when I bought bateaster and groot for my cousin

RP912

Banned
One thing I admire about NJPW is the fact they shill the merch after 2 hours of wrestling...not during the damn match :/.

Imagine hearing about the "Great Gazoo" during a rainmaker/Shinbata match.

wtf, I watch one Jimmy Havoc match and then overnight the Brits just decide they run this place??
Cheese in any context besides pizza is bad and people who eat cheese should feel bad, which they do, because they eat cheese.

nocheesedat.
Finally, a post by a follower of the Roman Empire I can get behind

Top Bottom