• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Def Jam Vendetta 2 - IGN Review

moai

What I'm about to say may be shocking, it may be controversial, but damn if it isn't true -- Def Jam: Fight for NY's story is better than Fable's. Yes, the story of a fighting game is actually better than that of Microsoft's excellent RPG.

OMG

Chipopo

Banned
What I'm about to say may be shocking, it may be controversial, but damn if it isn't true -- Def Jam: Fight for NY's story is better than Fable's. Yes, the story of a fighting game is actually better than that of Microsoft's excellent RPG.

I feel like I'm in one of those microwaveable popcorn bags right now.

The microwave just turned on.

Matlock

Banned
Wario64 said:

hockeystreaker.jpg

WarPig

You don't get to give Busta Rhymes the finger in Fable, or throw Snoop Dogg out a fifth-floor window. Case closed.

Hil's cutting down, though, only three pages this time.

DFS.

SantaC

classic.

great fighting game, I just loved the demo even though I am not into the hip-hop and rap scene. I am gonna pick this one up for sure.

WarPig

Hey, by the way, heads up in advance of the 1UP review for folks who may be considering the Cube version -- you might want to reconsider that. I hate to break it to ya, but it loses in terms of sound quality, sound quantity, AND texture detail. The tattoos look way worse on the Gamecube, I'm just doing a comparison with the PS2 version right now.

Xbox version would be my pick. Super-quick loads and saves (and the game autosaves a LOT, so that's a real bonus).

DFS.

Matlock

Banned
Warpig: I kinda figured, but is it still passable? I have the original on GC, and I wouldn't mind having the second one on it as well.

WarPig

Matlock said:
Warpig: I kinda figured, but is it still passable? I have the original on GC, and I wouldn't mind having the second one on it as well.

If all you've got's a Cube, sure, get it, it's still a solid fighter. But if you have multiple platforms, I'd get another one.

DFS.

Matlock

Banned
I've got a PS2 as well, but the first's controls felt better on the 'cube controller. Also: how do the loading times compare? I'm guessing the 'cube version has good loading times, PS2 probably has 30 second (judging by the demo).

WarPig

PS2 and GC load times seem about even to me. The controls I don't have a big preference for -- I would have thought using the left trigger on the Cube controller as the strong modifier would bug me, cuz of the extra travel on the button, but it hasn't been a problem so far.

DFS.

Top Bottom