• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 - Reviews Thread

RCX

10hr single player campaign.

Hell yes, count me in!

Wondering if my 2080 super will be brought to its knees though. Never mind my steam deck!

Last edited:

Zathalus

Perfect length for me.
SlWZwOZ.gif

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
oh WOW 10 hour campaign is MUSIC to my ears!

I can hop in, finish, then get back to Wukon. Nice little break from getting my ass handed to me

nikos

Jackfrags posted the whole campaign, that's wild. Looks like he finished it in 6h20m.

Last edited:

nikos

From what I'm seeing, there's way too much camera shake for me and it's made worse by the game's narrow FOV. Will wait for the ultrawide update and see if there's a way to disable camera shake and/or an FOV setting.

Also assumed this would have a GaaS style multiplayer mode, maybe because I knew nothing about the game before. Seems like the type of multiplayer that will die off pretty quickly for me, like Outriders. No reason to keep playing after a while.

Game still looks good though. Will eventually get it at least for the campaign.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm also wondering how this would run on a Steam Deck.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I'm not buying this WOKE garbage. An asian space marine that ISN'T a white scar. WTF?!!?
/s
People who use the term woke as a pejorative are cringy as fuck. I pre-ordered ages ago and am ready to go!

havoc00

From what I'm seeing, there's way too much camera shake for me and it's made worse by the game's narrow FOV. Will wait for the ultrawide update and see if there's a way to disable camera shake and/or an FOV setting.

Also assumed this would have a GaaS style multiplayer mode, maybe because I knew nothing about the game before. Seems like the type of multiplayer that will die off pretty quickly for me, like Outriders. No reason to keep playing after a while.

Game still looks good though. Will eventually get it at least for the campaign.
It has pvp, team death match etc

Esca

Man I can not wait to play this tomorrow or maybe tonight. I love the first and I'm a huge 40k fan. So happy they made another

Hot5pur

Seems they knocked this one out of the park.
Hopefully it has some good replayability in those missions for high scores or something to keep us engaged. There is also a free content roadmap that adds more co-op missions, weapons, etc but the cadence and content quantity is so-so.

Either way, buying this day 1. A rarity for me these days (last day 1 game was Gotham knights lol, im a sucker for co-op campaigns and actually that one wasn't half bad).

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It feels like this is going to introduce a lot of people to 40k, especially Helldivers 2 players.

'Hey! Did you like Helldivers 2? Then you should come play the proper version of that glorious triumphalist, satirical, jingoistic shit!'

sachos

Wow a Mighty in OpenCritic, did not expect that. I wonder how well will it sell. Its weird we did not get a remastered version of the first one, feels incomplete now.

havoc00

Glad its getting good reviews but its gone from a must buy to 'wait for sale' for me. I cant justify full price on a 6 hour campaign anymore. This isnt the 360/PS3 gen.
It does also have pve and pvp content like team death match etc..... so you get a full multi player suite too.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m a Warhammer noob but does Warhammer 40K have one specific human class like the Terran in StarCraft? After Boltgun, this is going to be great.

Last edited:
Watching the video, PS5 performance specifically is really rough. The good news I guess is that it seems more GPU rather than CPU limited, so our lord and saviour pro can probably help.

Problem is there's only 2 modes: a 4k/30 fidelity and a .....1080p?/60 mode ....since both modes are capped the Pro isn't gonna do SHIT.

I foresee a huge problem with the Pro already (and PS4 Pro had this problem too): since Sony isn't allowing developers to charge money for upgrades degelopers have very little reason to add ps5 pro patches. It's these patches that would make all the difference for a mid gen upgrade. Think about all the games that have released this gen and how much better they would be on the Pro .....instead, we have to hope games coming out now have more than 2 modes and that those modes have uncapped fps, which, developers don't seem to have the foresight to include in most cases.

Sony could've allowed them to charge one time for a Pro Upgrade and that wouldve made all the difference. The curse of console gaming is that gamers are too stupid to even understand thay games need to be patched to take advantage of the new hardware yet the hype is enough to have them want to buy it anyway. It's understandable tp want a Pro for the improvements it will bring to new games but the potential of what it could bring to the ps5's library that will be wasted is tragic.

We continue to get breadcrumbs because we're locked into the ecosystem and gamers don't demand more from Sony and developers. Sure, a select few current games will get patches but if Sony was smart EVERY ps5 game could've got patched! Like how on PC when you buy a new graphics card... What a WILD concept

Top Bottom