• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 - Reviews Thread

FUBARx89

Problem is there's only 2 modes: a 4k/30 fidelity and a .....1080p?/60 mode ....since both modes are capped the Pro isn't gonna do SHIT.

I foresee a huge problem with the Pro already (and PS4 Pro had this problem too): since Sony isn't allowing developers to charge money for upgrades degelopers have very little reason to add ps5 pro patches. It's these patches that would make all the difference for a mid gen upgrade. Think about all the games that have released this gen and how much better they would be on the Pro .....instead, we have to hope games coming out now have more than 2 modes and that those modes have uncapped fps, which, developers don't seem to have the foresight to include in most cases.

Sony could've allowed them to charge one time for a Pro Upgrade and that wouldve made all the difference. The curse of console gaming is that gamers are too stupid to even understand thay games need to be patched to take advantage of the new hardware yet the hype is enough to have them want to buy it anyway. It's understandable tp want a Pro for the improvements it will bring to new games but the potential of what it could bring to the ps5's library that will be wasted is tragic.

We continue to get breadcrumbs because we're locked into the ecosystem and gamers don't demand more from Sony and developers. Sure, a select few current games will get patches but if Sony was smart EVERY ps5 game could've got patched! Like how on PC when you buy a new graphics card... What a WILD concept

Sure. Make gaming even worse with mid gen upgrade microtransactions. Lol.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
AmGJ9Ue.jpeg

Wtf am i looking at here? I mean othet than a chin with a face attached?

GymWolf

Gold Member
Karak Karak how much horde killing there is in the game as opposed to classic gears encounters with 3 to 10 bigger enemies?

And are the enemies interesting? Or just mindless drones?

Only game I've preordered in quite awhile. I didn't really give a damn what reviews were going to say I've seen enough to know it's my kind of game. Glad they're positive though. Will get into it this weekend.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It’s a female Custodes, something that GW willed into existence and bruteforced into the lore like a year ago in a pretty dumb way.

Female Space Marines were not a thing for decades until some people started complaining how toxic that is.

Custodes aren't Space Marines. Important distinction. The change to the lore is jarring and badly implemented, but it's not canon breaking. If they did female space marines, it probably would be (unless Cawl does some more tinkering).

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Wtf am i looking at here? I mean othet than a chin with a face attached?

This is actually a pretty decent interpretation of what a female custodes would look like. She absolutely would look very butch and muscular, given all the genetic enhancements the Emperor pumped into them. Female and male custodes would be functionally exactly the same, give or take. All gigantic demi-gods with dull as shit personalities and massive chunky ass bodies.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It’s a female Custodes, something that GW willed into existence and bruteforced into the lore like a year ago in a pretty dumb way.

Female Space Marines were not a thing for decades until some people started complaining how toxic that is.

Ah no i know all about that train wreck, but this was given with no context and only the very top of the shoulders shown, which are cloaked. I was worrying this was GW final "female space marine" gambit.

Fair enough, still LOL.

Skifi28

Problem is there's only 2 modes: a 4k/30 fidelity and a .....1080p?/60 mode ....since both modes are capped the Pro isn't gonna do SHIT.
The very premise of your argument is wrong. The 60fps mode is very unstable and constantly drops in the 40s. A pro would be a huge improvement and that's without the developers having to lift a finger. As for the rest, I'll save that discussion for the existing thread about the pro and won't derail this one further.

Ultros

Wonder if there will be any bitching an moaning from the usual sources that there are no female Ultramarine chapters or why there are no female spacemarines

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Better than expected, but not good. It doesn't reach 30fps in combat. Although the developers are saying that they are targeting full Steam Deck support by the end of the year.

Thanks. I will wait.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

This is actually a pretty decent interpretation of what a female custodes would look like. She absolutely would look very butch and muscular, given all the genetic enhancements the Emperor pumped into them. Female and male custodes would be functionally exactly the same, give or take. All gigantic demi-gods with dull as shit personalities and massive chunky ass bodies.

Everybody hide, the Ultransmarines are here.

So this chick(?) is both in warhammer and mh wilds?

c_img_07_t.png

Neat.

Sorry for mass quote, I want to point out that this character is NOT in Space Marine 2, and is from Games Workshops "The Tithes" episode 2

Just I saw this and thought she was some sort of supporting character in SM2, she is not.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Performance setting PS5
GZEVbqN.jpeg

Quality setting
5QYQBwf.jpeg

Difference in clarity but for a faster paced shooter like this, the performance mode would be the easy choice.

Especially as there's no RT etc that's exclusive to the Quality mode that you'd want for visual flare.

FUBARx89

Difference in clarity but for a faster paced shooter like this, the performance mode would be the easy choice.

Especially as there's no RT etc that's exclusive to the Quality mode that you'd want for visual flare.

I'm on fidelity atm and not really having much bother. Parry windows are very generous, as is the dodge window.

"Speed" mode does look like shite in action though. Couldn't get away with it in Rebirth and it's probably just as blurry here.

Combat performance mode - ps5.
QCY659e.jpeg
tQ3ovFz.jpeg

Last edited:

Luipadre

Gold Member
I'm on fidelity atm and not really having much bother. Parry windows are very generous, as is the dodge window.

"Speed" mode does look like shite in action though. Couldn't get away with it in Rebirth and it's probably just as blurry here.

Combat performance mode - ps5.
QCY659e.jpeg
tQ3ovFz.jpeg

PS5 pro it is

Top Bottom