• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Demi-OT] Styx: Master of Shadows

SentryDown

Looks like there's a new 500 MB update, wonder what it addresses...

According to steam forums, it adds a leaderboard and adresses a few issues

Here is the changelog:
  • Enabling leaderboards (visible in the Steam interface) for each mission, the fastest time for each player will be displayed on the leaderboard
  • Reducing the distance of the last-chance mode to match with the backward roll distance. (You can use the backward roll to escape from fights!)
  • Slight increase in the action area of the ledge-kill (murder when you are attached to a ledge).
  • Slight increase in the action area of the clone-trap.
  • Fixed a bug where sleeping guards awake when reloading a party in front of them: the guard now remains asleep when reload a save before him.
  • Fixed bug where two guards are close to a clone-trap: Now, the clone-trap catch only one single guard.
  • Fixed a bug with the clone-trap where the guard was not killed when he was in some state of detection: now a guard is always killed when caught by a clone-trap.

Teggy

Oh man, this game - this easily could have been my goty if they had just cooked it a little longer. The level design is amazing and the moveset is pretty much perfect for a hardcore stealth game (although I wish you didn't have to unlock moves like a corner takedown, etc.)

But stupid stuff like not having a button to drop down on a ledge, the weird floaty jumping, not being able to shimmy around a corner when hanging, crazy physics when you touch an object (chair goes flying from a gentle brush), etc. I don't know why they released it this way. Love it otherwise, though.

I love the level design in this, licking my lips surveying the environments plotting out my path. And I don't mind dying because that means I get to try the other options I saw. Great workout for the stealth muscle. But yeah, level of polish is lacking, especially the frustrating control oversights and quirks. I feel like I'm rolling the dice when I try to drop to a ledge. It's SO close to greatness, but I'll settle for verygoodness. I'll probably have to update my GOTY top 10 unless this game falls apart later.

Alric

Anyone know if there is a way to disable button command popups? Like it constantly says Press Y to unlock, X to peak, etc. I know them and it distracts from the immersiveness.

I understand this thread will quickly get drowned out, but I gotta say, I'm really liking this game. The stealth mechanics are fantastic. I was starting to wonder if it was even possible to make a stealth game these days without a bullshit night/3D/x-ray vision design crutch. But this game makes it work. No vision cones. No radar. Solid controls and great level design..... Yeah, check it out.

edit: awww, sent to Community to die =(

Top Bottom