• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demo of Meqon Physics Engine (duke nukem forever now uses it)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I am convinced that DNF is not a game, but rather an elaborate front that software designers rent out to advertise their new engines.

"DNF now runs on this hot new physics engine!!!"

*Meqon slips DNF "dev team" some cash"

hobbitx

scola said:
I am convinced that DNF is not a game, but rather an elaborate front that software designers rent out to advertise their new engines.

"DNF now runs on this hot new physics engine!!!"

*Meqon slips DNF "dev team" some cash"

:lol :lol@your avatar and this comment, I certainly wouldn't outright deny this.

axxxj

Animator in Waiting
This physics demo is also a lot of fun it called Novodex and has some really cool sft bodie rag doll stuff. The demo is here

The site is here

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Very cool stuff. I love deconstructing the base of the scaffolding and watching it fall over. These demos are bringing out the destruction in me!

Is that why there's so many variations of good/bad ragdoll phyics in games? Different physics engines from different companies? I mean sometimes ragdoll looks like absolute shit (Deus Ex 2, Farcry) and sometimes it looks pretty damn good (Counter-Strike: Source).

This one looks much better than Havok for example.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's about more than just looks, however. How performance scales is probably more important to most developers.

Top Bottom