• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 8 [Univision] Agent Smith goes to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Hillary

I don't want to hear this from an establishment Neoliberal that would gladly burn ME countries to the ground if they expressed their own desire for freedom and independence.

The moderators are tougher on Clinton. I'm voting Bernie but I'd like to see them put more pressure on him.

Agreed. I voted for Bernie yesterday, and I genuinely like Bernie; however, I feel the moderators are being too soft on him. I don't feel "political revolution" is an acceptable answer to the climate change question. And some others.

lmao, guess I spoke too soon.

It's frustrating how they keep asking Bernie for specifics, and he just repeats content-free talking points again and again. "How will you get climate change done?" Hillary - Detailed answer. Bernie - Aspirational statement about how we need to deal with the problem, but no actual plan to accomplish this. Answer the question! "We need a political revolution" is not a policy answer. Of course he's right that this nation would be in a far better place if we had a political revolution, but just saying "we need one" doesn't make it happen, and in the voting so far he isn't showing a revolution among the people, just support for a liberal candidate. I know Bernie is running more on message than specifics, but you should know the actual policies a president is saying they will do with politics as they are, not just what they wish they could do if they could have the congress they want.

... Maybe this is one reason why I support Hillary over Bernie, but anyway. When I first heard that "we need a political revolution in this country" line last year, I thought it sounded good -- yes, we do, that'd be great. But how do you do it? Now that we are actually voting, we need details. And he hasn't provided them, he's still just repeating his talking points.

Bernie got chewed out on that revolution stuff...

and OF COURSE Bernie pivots to Wall St

G9yCPOC.png

BowieZ

Banned
The truth is the Republicans are blocking everything from her, too.
The idea is that people are more likely to enthusiastically vote Democrat more often for Sanders than Clinton, and would help down ticket. Sanders once he gets into power will obviously try to sustain the energy and involvement.

Clinton will get in power, and rest on her laurels, and with a disinterested electorate will struggle in 2018, possibly 2020 and 2022 just as Obama did.

That attack by Clinton was seriously lame. Does she really think that Bernie will kill Americans? What a travesty that attack was.
The last two debates will show us late primary Hillary. It will not be pretty for Bernie when she tears into him for real. On the plus side if he did somehow win the nomination he'd be more than ready for the general.

It's frustrating how they keep asking Bernie for specifics, and he just repeats content-free talking points again and again. "How will you get climate change done?" Hillary - Detailed answer.
She said she'd continue Obama's executive orders and forge a bipartisan consensus when the question was what she could accomplish without a bipartisan consensus.

Bernie doesn't know when to go to the middle, surprised he didn't start talking about Che. Not a good look to avoid condemning Casto if he wants to reach the general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom