• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcott

Oooooh! Sanders has fire under him (pertaining to a revolution).

I think I secretly love him.

Do you think you'll be different than the past presidents?
Hills: Of course, I'll be the first woman. Of course I'll be different.
Cooper: Srsly? You know what I mean...
Hills: Uh well I think um, that well... You know... Yeah!
Cooper: ... :-/

Jesus,

I grew up in a double wide trailer and worked 20 hours a week to pay for college and pulled a 3.8 GPA because I wasn't an entitled shit that thought I should have a ton of free time to go to sit in a to not stop Iraq.

It's a totally reasonable position that you work for free college.

yep. over 40 hours a week here. my GPA definitely took a hit though.

params7

Banned
Bernie is unlike any politician I've ever seen on one of these shiny stages.

I'm kind of in awe.

Yeah I feel like he'll start challenging HRC for the nomination. It doesn't look like it now, but he's hitting much harder on the populism spirit and that is what is winning right now (with Trump appealing to same on other side of the aisle).

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Jesus,

I grew up in a double wide trailer and worked 20 hours a week to pay for college and pulled a 3.8 GPA because I wasn't an entitled shit that thought I should have a ton of free time to go to sit in a to not stop Iraq.

Don't use your own experience as the standard how everyone should be. Wanting education to be an investment of the country instead of an investment for the individual is not entitlement.

Honestly, I can see why some people view the Democrats as weak.

Everyone is too fucking nice.

No one is getting angry when there is so much to get angry about.

Bernie is the closest, but I think Democrats need to be able to get angry and show the same fervor that the Republicans do.

Webb just seems bitter at this point. If Cooper doesn't try to involve him more in the debate I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled up some really vile old school shit on Clinton.

Maengun1

Bernie much stronger than Hill on the banking stuff in the second half. Again, as expected. Nothing really surprising for me tonight, except I didn't know Webb was THAT much of a salty creepo.

Who had a worse night? Webb or Chafee?

Chafee is goofy as hell, Webb is a nightmare trainwreck. They both lose, but Webb moreso. Just ... no.

O'Malley is just booooorrrring 90% of the time, but he occasionally hits a decent moment. So ... he also loses.

Hillary's answer on the Obama 3rd term was brilliant.

She's showing she's not going to run away from the Obama legacy. He's the most popular democrat. You don't shit on your popular sitting President (see Gore if you need proof). She showed that she'll embrace what Obama has done, and she'll build and expand on it.

It creates no friction between the Obama coalition and the Clinton one. It's good politics.

Meowster

Hillary > O'Malley = Sanders > Webb > Chafee

At this point. O'Malley is a very strong speaker with great points. I don't feel like anyone else in the general public is willing to give him a chance since they are so dead set on two of the potential nominees.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Jesus,

I'm pretty damn liberal and yeah, I feel the same. I see it as a win-win. It helps teach responsibility and it also serves as a resume builder, all while providing free schooling.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I had no help from my parents and graduated with under 7k in debt graduating with UT Austin.

And in the context of what Hillary's saying she wants to make it so that working ten hours a week does let you graduate debt free. I mean, I'll believe it when I see it, but that's what she was saying, and I don't find anything objectionable about that

oneils

Jesus,

10 hours seems like a pretty reasonable trade for free college.

Loakum

Banned
You realize virtually everyone in the Dem party would love more Obama? His approval ratings in the party are sky high. He is very very beloved by the base.

I beg the differ. Every economic stat for Afro Americans became WORSE under Obama. When many AA finally started confronting Obama on this and many of his failed promises, he told them at a NAACP meeting, "to stop your whining, stop your complaining." Also he has deported more Hispanics than any other President, in US history.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Don't use your own experience as the standard how everyone should be. Wanting education to be an investment of the country instead of an investment for the individual is not entitlement.

Why?

I'm willing to bet I grew up much much poorer than most gaffers. I'm not saying access to college shouldnt be more affordable, but a 10 hour a week job is more than reasonable for a free education.

pigeon

Banned
I get the feeling that Hillary went to commercial break and her handler said "you're killing it, no worries" and she relaxed a bit. Which was a mistake, and she's been weaker since then.

That probably means she'll turn it up a bit now.

rugioh

Banned
Hillary has done well with her good issues but so many fuckin non-answers. I don't wanna like Bernie and I know he won't win but its a damn shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom