• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

params7

Banned
0tNVTPP.png

Zubz

Banned
Okay, I was cool with it at first. We definitely need to see a female president in the near future. But she just used it as a distraction to start talking about how she's fit for the job instead of how she's an insider.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I had no help from my parents and graduated with under 7k in debt graduating with UT Austin.

You got lucky, then.

The loan/tuition situation is insane. There's no way around it. There has to be things done about that. This isn't an "entitlement" thing more a "people shouldn't be going broke for something that employers say they WANT you to have in these modern times" thing.

Merc_

hillary didn't win the first half. she won the first quarter. bernie comes back at about ~30:00 with the emails defence, gets confidence, then pulls away on #BLM. he has been winning the majority of this debate

I don't think she is doing as badly as you think. Sanders is definitely doing better after that terrible opening, but as long as she doesn't fuck up she's still come out of this looking good.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
When a good portion of the developed world pays their students to go? Americans should just get fucked in the other way?

Indentured servant in a busted system is an unacceptable solution to this mess. Don't settle for less, queen.

And how are the economies going?

Im all for investing in individuals, but its reasonable that individuals should invest in themselves as well.

10 hours with 15 hours in school and 30 hours a week studying is a grand total of 55 hours a week.

Thats super reasonable and less time than you will spend working a week in most professional settings.

Cheebo

Banned
Majority voters in the country are women.
Yes, and even more so in the primary due to women out numbering men in the Democrstic party by wider margins than the voting base as a whole. In particular middle aged women are a major block of the voting base, far more so than the under 30 men segment here in GAF. Those lines aren't aimed at us, they are aimed at the voters that actually vote in these things in large numbers.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Why?

I'm willing to bet I grew up much much poorer than most gaffers. I'm not saying access to college shouldnt be more affordable, but a 10 hour a week job is more than reasonable for a free education.
Is it free if you use that 10 hours to pay for it? Why not use that money to pay for lodging or other expenses? Tuition free doesn't pay for everything college related.

hillary didn't win the first half. she won the first quarter. bernie comes back at about ~30:00 with the emails defence, gets confidence, then pulls away on #BLM, being the only candidate to properly address it. he has been winning the majority of this debate.

for the future though, he needs to get guns and foreign policy sorted out. particularly guns, most of his slipup on fp was falling asleep during webb.

At this point she's winning the whole debate because she's already in the lead by a significant margin. No real mistakes and has taken no big hits so far. Bernie absolutely getting much stronger as the debate goes into more comfortable territory for him but he could do this well for the rest of the debates and he'll still lose if Clinton doesn't noticeably stumble.

ivysaur12

Banned
There are a lot of Republican-leaning women who Hillary Clinton can court to win. It's not really that surprising that she would be stating the fact that -- yes -- she'd be the first women president.

antonz

Vegas is sustainable? Lake Mead is approaching danger levels where Hoover Dam would not be able to provide reliable power

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I beg the differ. Every economic stat for Afro Americans became WORSE under Obama. When many AA finally started confronting Obama on this and many of his failed promises, he told them at a NAACP meeting, "to stop your whining, stop your complaining." Also he has deported more Hispanics than any other President, in US history.

Would you argue that things would've been BETTER with someone else during that time?

Crocodile

I'm not sure Bernie not having a Super PAC really endears me to him. It feels like he's handicapping himself for the sake of ideology. I can appreciate it in regards to honor but it hurts his chances of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom