• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

She easily destroyed the first half of the debate. She's been much weaker the second half

That first impression is going to be really important. Don't more and more people tend to drift away from debates as they go on. Especially when they run late like this. So a good early showing is good even if one tends to falter later in the debate I think.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
hillary didn't win the first half. she won the first quarter. bernie comes back at about ~30:00 with the emails defence, gets confidence, then pulls away on #BLM, being the only candidate to properly address it. he has been winning the majority of this debate.

for the future though, he needs to get guns and foreign policy sorted out. particularly guns, most of his slipup on fp was falling asleep during webb.

Why do people in this thread think Hillary should try to run away and say she'll be really different from Obama? She gave a light hearted answer because she'll be following nearly everything he did.

Awww, they already have inside jokes.

I guess Hillary had to pee.

TYPICAL WOMAN! HOW CAN WE TRUST HER WITH HER FINGER ON THE BUTTON IF SHE HAS TO PEE ALL THE TIME?!?!?!

Foffy

Banned
Why?

I'm willing to bet I grew up much much poorer than most gaffers. I'm not saying access to college shouldnt be more affordable, but a 10 hour a week job is more than reasonable for a free education.

When a good portion of the developed world pays their students to go? Americans should just get fucked in the other way?

Indentured servant in a busted system is an unacceptable solution to this mess. Don't settle for less, queen.

pigeon

Banned
why are you happy that all the candidates are back

I'm certainly not

also, hillary peeing sitting down joke, apparently that's what we're doing

Ahasverus

Why?

I'm willing to bet I grew up much much poorer than most gaffers. I'm not saying access to college shouldnt be more affordable, but a 10 hour a week job is more than reasonable for a free education.
Yep. It's like the super minumim amount I'd thought about. Damn some of you sound entitled af.

daffy

Banned
Honestly, I can see why some people view the Democrats as weak.

Everyone is too fucking nice.

No one is getting angry when there is so much to get angry about.

Bernie is the closest, but I think Democrats need to be able to get angry and show the same fervor that the Republicans do.
Haven't needed it for the past decade.

Oh my fuck, really? The gender card again?

Bringing it up once makes sense. Twice is pandering but I can deal. Thrice is fucking annoying.

Who had a worse night? Webb or Chafee?

I think Webb. At least Chafee got to be heard and was generally on topic, even if his answers were sometimes embarrassing. It's easy to forget Webb is even here and when we do remember, it's some crazy rambling about China.

Crisco

Banned
So Hillary really is the only credible candidate, from either party. Kinda sad that our political system is so fucked that it scares away anyone with brains. Thank goodness for her at least, or we'd be screwed.

Cheebo

Banned
Hillary constantly bringing up her gender is coming off pretty pathetic.
People seem to forget the Dem party primary voters are women dominated, in particular middle aged women. These lines are winners for the people that actually matter in the primary. Aka not 20 something men.

Zona

Jesus,

I grew up in a double wide trailer and worked 20 hours a week to pay for college and pulled a 3.8 GPA because I wasn't an entitled shit that thought I should have a ton of free time to go to sit in a to not stop Iraq.

It's a totally reasonable position that you work for free college.

My two years of public university where around $40000. I don't make enough now to pay for that with 20 hours a week.

Zyae

People seem to forget the Dem party primary voters are women dominated, in particular middle aged women. These lines are winners for the people that actually matter in the primary. Aka not 20 something men.

Majority voters in the country are women.

I beg the differ. Every economic stat for Afro Americans became WORSE under Obama. When many AA finally started confronting Obama on this and many of his failed promises, he told them at a NAACP meeting, "to stop your whining, stop your complaining." Also he has deported more Hispanics than any other President, in US history.

And despite all of this, is he unpopular with black Americans, Hispanics, and Democrats?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
You and many on Twitter missed her point. College will be free but students will need to give back a little and work a minimum number of hours.

You missed the point of my whole reply to him. I was asking if he could pay for college with 20 hours of work.

Go back and read it again because you somehow lost your train of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom