• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Hilary may have the woman card, which gets tiring, but Bernie has the "I DON'T TAKE SUPERPAC MONEY!" card that is just as annoying.

Bernie should not expect people to understand what SuperPac's do or the core issue he's talking about, which is obviously money in politics. He's talking about things past the actual audience which is no good if you want your statements to have impact

stufte

People seem to forget the Dem party primary voters are women dominated, in particular middle aged women. These lines are winners for the people that actually matter in the primary. Aka not 20 something men.

Then does she think they're stupid? Does she think they don't know she's a woman? I'd think a smart voter would like to hear some real answers... Not captain obvious reminding voters of her gender.

Brashnir

Who had a worse night? Webb or Chafee?

Webb spent half the night complaining about time and Chafee comes across like a complete weenie.

I'd say it's a tie between the two, but everyone has been far too one-note and trying to steer questions back to their talking points rather than answering them.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
You got lucky, then.

The loan/tuition situation is insane. There's no way around it. There has to be things done about that. This isn't an "entitlement" thing more a "people shouldn't be going broke for something that employers say they WANT you to have in these modern times" thing.

I know, that extreme privledge of growing up in poverty.

O'Malley is doing well tonight, though. I don't think I'm crazy about him, but I do think he's doing well.

And just about every question to Webb makes it so clear that he should be a Republican, but they all went crazy. I'd say that he's a "centrist" nowadays, if you want someone in between the current Dems and the current Reps. But he's really just where Republicans should be.

I beg the differ. Every economic stat for Afro Americans became WORSE under Obama. When many AA finally started confronting Obama on this and many of his failed promises, he told them at a NAACP meeting, "to stop your whining, stop your complaining." Also he has deported more Hispanics than any other President, in US history.

Something tells me you never even voted for Obama because he was never left wing enough for you.

M3z_

CRPogQAVEAA89mv.jpg:large

Presented without comment

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think she is doing as badly as you think. Sanders is definitely doing better after that terrible opening, but as long as she doesn't fuck up she's still come out of this looking good.

i dont think shes doing badly per se. it's more safe play. i just think bernie has done better for most of the debate because he's willing to take risks. they're obviously playing different games - hillary is trying to be as amorphous as possible to be difficult to attack at the general. but i think it is very dangerous for her to assume that she'll walk this, especially when she let bernie win on #BLM. if he picks up with minorities, she is in a lot of trouble

There are a lot of Republican-leaning women who Hillary Clinton can court to win. It's not really that surprising that she would be stating the fact that -- yes -- she'd be the first women president.

She hasn't done it very elegantly here. It's the sort of thing that works a lot better when someone else is saying it about you.

Foffy

Banned
And how are the economies going?

Im all for investing in individuals, but its reasonable that individuals should invest in themselves as well.

10 hours with 15 hours in school and 30 hours a week studying is a grand total of 55 hours a week.

Thats super reasonable and less time than you will spend working a week in most professional settings.

Their middle classes are fucking better than ours. Are you for real?

Trumps numbers aren't significant at all. The stupid prick is a personality. The more interesting story about your cap is Sanders handily beating Clinton

I dont find it significant. Clinton has way more followers than Sanders, so it is obvious he would gain more.

ivysaur12

Banned
O'Malley is doing well tonight, though. I don't think I'm crazy about him, but I do think he's doing well.

And just about every question to Webb makes it so clear that he should be a Republican, but they all went crazy. I'd say that he's a "centrist" nowadays, if you want someone in between the current Dems and the current Reps. But he's really just where Republicans should be.

Yup, Hillary, Bernie, and O'Malley are all having good nights.

She hasn't done it very elegantly here. It's the sort of thing that works a lot better when someone else is saying it about you.

I think it's coming off fine, especially for the people she's trying to court.

Chariot

I'm not sure Bernie not having a Super PAC really endears me to him. It feels like he's handicapping himself for the sake of ideology. I can appreciate it in regards to honor but it hurts his chances of winning.
Money isn't everything. Jep is filled like a goose at christmas and can't get shit done. Bernie got through pretty good with mostly small donours. It's how you use the money.

Loakum

Banned
Would you argue that things would've been BETTER with someone else during that time?

Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders was prez, yeah. I do believe things would be different/better. They actually has action to back up their talk, unlike the current.

As the night is ending, I want the lights to dim as 'Real American' starts to play.

Anderson stares into the camera and utters surprisingly, "what's going on?!"

Camera pans over quickly as the lights come up slowly. The shadowy figure is revealed as he utters one phrase before the feed cuts out:

#Joe2016

And how are the economies going?

Im all for investing in individuals, but its reasonable that individuals should invest in themselves as well.

10 hours with 15 hours in school and 30 hours a week studying is a grand total of 55 hours a week.

Thats super reasonable and less time than you will spend working a week in most professional settings.

I'd love to see a source/statistics showing the average professional works more than 55 hours a week.

Edit: flubbed that on my mobile.

Indicate

I'm not sure Bernie not having a Super PAC really endears me to him. It feels like he's handicapping himself for the sake of ideology. I can appreciate it in regards to honor but it hurts his chances of winning.

He's shown hes able to raise money without them

Cheebo

Banned
There are a lot of Republican-leaning women who Hillary Clinton can court to win. It's not really that surprising that she would be stating the fact that -- yes -- she'd be the first women president.
GAF is almost entirely 20 something men. These lines about women aren't for them, most don't seem to get that. There is a reason all the big journalist types on Twitter keep saying her line about being a women is smart. It's good politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom