• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do all of you expect this will change the polls?

I'm guessing Hillary might lose some votes to the the three minor candidates, simply because of their new visibility.

unlikely. This was a very strong debate performance for her. anyone who was already in her camp isn't going anywhere.

What you'll see is some of the support that was going to Biden sliding over the O'Malley, some to clinton, and some to sanders- probably in that order.

Chafee and Webb aren't gaining anything. SPECTACULARLY bad.

Damerman

i'm not even gonna lie, though Sanders was my clear favorite because he tackles the issues i care about, Hillary did enough to win me over. i didn't want to vote for her at all, but she had a strong showing tonight... she is basically a female version of obama.

lednerg

Eh, I understand it's a debate, but this is exactly how Anderson does every single interview I have ever watched him do.

Yeah, like I said. I don't really know him or watch his show. Dude got a bit testy at times, but I still think he did a good job overall.

zelas

2. But holy shit Clinton calling out Republicans directly and forcefully is by far the most important thing to note from this debate. Hoooooooly crap have I missed that direct aggression toward calling out bullshit. What a refreshing change from Obama.
I still wish someone made a point about how they can even appoint a leader in the house.

Valhelm

contribute something
I wish Jim Webb was a Republican. I don't agree with many of his policies, but he seems like a decent guy, and much more competent than anybody further to the right. I wouldn't be too sad to see a Democrat lose the general election against him.

I wish Jim Webb was a Republican. I don't agree with many of his policies, but he seems like a decent guy, and much more competent than anybody further to the right. I wouldn't be too sad to see a Democrat lose the general election against him.
If he ran on the Republican ticket the GOP wouldn't look so crazy.

Sanjuro

In the end, I don't think this debate changed much in terms of my opinions going in.

Only made me pick on Chafee more and notice O'Malley's VP smile.

kingkitty

That Chafee answer about his first day in congress made me #feelthechafe

That Jim Webb joke about killing a guy made me #feelthecringe

Brakke

Banned
Secretary of Defense Webb#2016

Works for me. Honestly I'd be happy to see him stick around in Senate chairing / participating on Defense-related committees. He actually left a good impression on me, just not a good impression as a possible President.

benjipwns

Banned
CRPw56VUkAAW849.png:large
9. 11.

Nine.

Eleven.

CNN is trying to tell us something.

Follow the money. It was his first day.

Don't like Hilary's stance on pot.

It isn't gonna turn that many people away from her. Making sweeping "legalize recreational marijuana" legislation on a Federal level is still seen as very progressive and only a small amount of people would find it a deal breaker for them.

gdt

He is a decent guy that's served his country. I don't understand how he is a democrat though.

And his comment about killing some guy is fucking insane.

Valhelm

contribute something
unlikely. This was a very strong debate performance for her. anyone who was already in her camp isn't going anywhere.

What you'll see is some of the support that was going to Biden sliding over the O'Malley, some to clinton, and some to sanders- probably in that order.

Chafee and Webb aren't gaining anything. SPECTACULARLY bad.

Eh, I think Webb did much better than O'Malley. Carcetti basically admitted to supporting institutional racism to "save" a handful of lives.

Pleasantly surprised with O'Malley. Had no idea who he was before tonight but he did very well throughout the Clinton & Sanders Show.

Webb was amusing if just for the fact that he got so salty over his supposed lack of time. And I cringed for Chafee when he completely crashed and burned with that one question about his poor vote.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
internet polls aren't bad; it's polls with self-selecting samples

#pedantry

Maengun1

I always had a positive view of Sanders and probably always will. His fight is an admirable one even if he has some pie in the sky thoughts.

His supporters are still really really brutal to deal with.

Yeah, that's about where I land as well. I've liked Sanders since I first learned of him around the time he entered the Senate. He has great ideas. He is shockingly honest for a politician (which I think is great in an ideal world but honestly not a super great quality for effective politicians in America in 2015). I ultimately think he's far less likely to win a general than Hillary, and, if elected, FAR less likely to be able to strongarm things through congress than Hillary. And I also like Hillary, and they're close enough on issues *IMO* to make her the clear better shot here.

And I think Bernie does great things in the Senate and will continue to do so. He works better in that environment than nationally.

I get that the really passionate Bernie supporters are largely trying to spread his name out there with people who DON'T follow the day to day politics and don't know anything about him, and that's fine, but all the #FeelTheBern and #DownWithShillary memes really grate on me a lot of the time. I really don't think they're doing the good they think they are going that route.

They were both good tonight. I'll be tuning into the next debate as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom