• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate V

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

So does Bernie not like to respond to her directly? He's bobbing and weaving right now like Muhammed Ali just bringing out facts and that's it. What's this man's game plan? I don't feel like I'm getting any of that from this.

It's weird I feel he's getting 75% of the way there but then for whatever reason not making the finishing move.

Break up the banks!

Pay no mind to the fact that there's no evidence that bank size was actually related to risks taken, nor that the biggest players in the recession weren't even in the top 20 in bank size.

Just break 'em up for the hell of it!
Are they too big to fail or not?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah Bernie's really repeating himself too much now... move on dude

SaviourMK2

I need a gif of the sonic 1 title screen, but replace Sonics head with Bernie Sanders.

I can't unsee it everytime he waves his finger

Is it one weird trick?
Banks big enough to swallow up the failing banks did so, at the behest of the US Federal government. Citibank is actually smaller, apparently, than 2007.

JP Morgan swallowed up Bear Stearns and Washington Mutual.
Bank of America swallowed up Merill Lynch.
Wells Fargo ate up Wachovia.

Ashodin

I HAVE EXPERIENCE VOTE FOR ME GAWD

Hey remember that Obama guy, his experience record was total shit and we ended up just fine

Am I the only one feeling Hilary is really cringeworthy right now?
You aren't

I find it strange that she attacks so hard people boo and a bunch of Gaffers actually love it. Personally I think they're both doing pretty well, but Bernie is my man tonight. He's doing better than ever.

Effect

Everything leads back to Wallstreet with Sanders. That's his problem. He's ignoring or at least not putting enough focus on may other aspects.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You realize that if she says yes and then there's confidentiality issues that people'll just hit her on that right?

Yeah that's a bad question to be asked on stage. I would not expect her to know the legal status of that content on the spot, although she could have made that dilemma a bit clearer

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's weird I feel he's getting 75% of the way there but then for whatever reason not making the finishing move.

He if does hit her directly, then it's a signal that the gloves are off. Remember Hillary vs Obama? You ain't seen shit yet compared to that.

She can't redact them? Bull.

It's not just about redacting, this isn't classified information, there may have been an agreement that the speech is only for them and that it can't be released.

Esch

Banned
BREAK UP THE BANKS OR BAIL EM OUT AGAIN

giphy.gif

massoluk

Banned
"I hate Wall Street"
"I hate Wall Street more than you"
"Na ah, I hate Wall Street first."
"Fuck you. Look at my record, Wall Street hate me too."
"Fuck off. I killed Wall Street's cousin. They hate me more."

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've only recently had a lot of exposure to Sanders and he reaaaallly needs to move on from Wall Street. I get that it's a core of his platform but I feel like so many of his speeches/comments are the same thing. Weird messaging.

Grover

Banned
wow i just realized why hillary is going at bernie so hard tonight,

shes got nothing to lose in new hamshire

Ihyll

Why are speaking fees that big of a deal?

I seriously doubt that everyone that is bitching about speaking fees wouldn't turn them down either if they had the chance

danm999

"I hate Wall Street"

"I would slit Wall Street's throat with nary a thought!"
"My hate for Wall Street burns hotter than the fire of a thousand suns!"

ICKE

Banned
How is the concept and business structure of Wall Street in itself fraud?

Financial investments are fraud per se? Most people working over there are just normal people who are an important part of the economy.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"I hate Wall Street"

basically this, only about nearly every topic :lol

SaviourMK2

I may be supporting Sanders, but I would like to know about other things like immigration and international affairs

legacyzero

Banned
Why are speaking fees that big of a deal?

I seriously doubt that everyone that is bitching about speaking fees wouldn't turn them down either if they had the chance

Nope, but I should expect to be called out for integrity if I want to run for office. Conflict of interest bruh

They're agreeing too much. BORING. These moderators need to spice it up.

Chuck: "Benghazi"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He is not going to call her corrupted. He is going to let the public make that assumption.

Which she rightly called him out on earlier. If you're going to lob and attack then admit it, don't pretend you aren't when you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom