• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Both are bad at dealing with the immigration question. It's pretty damn easy, you just have to keep hammering this line:

"There's only 3% of the US population that is undocumented, 3% of the population who we simply have to put on a path to citizenship, but it would be 11 million people to deport."

Bernie putting out exact numbers on social security is nice. It seems like such an easy solution that I don't understand how it hasn't been done already.

Republicans, I know...

Gamerloid

Sanders is flubbing whole bunch of his race related answers.

A job didn't save Sandra Bland.

Bucks don't stop bullets.

And Sanders said race relations will ABSOLUTELY be better under his presidency than Obama’s. Bad idea.
I thought he was killing it . It all connects together and puts such communities on a better path.

I'm not watching the debate, so I might be missing some context, but race relations have really been bad under Obama, so not necessarily a bad answer IMO.
In what way? Or do you mean that now because more people are noticing what black people have been dealing with things are worse? Are you suggesting they were better under Bush?

ivysaur12

Banned
"I agree"
"No, I agree but a little differently"
"K but I agree but this"
"Hmm yes pretty much but this"
"I agree but how about --"
"How -- oh, sorry, I didn't mean to --"
"-- no no you're fine"
"-- interrupt. Oh, okay. No you go."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, of course."
"K, I agree."

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
No race relations got a light shined on them under Obama. Big difference. The shit was always here, just no one talked about it.

The introduction of video cameras in every day devices is now letting Americans see exactly what a specific group of people have been dealing with all this time.

pigeon

Banned
I don't know why Hilary felt a need to linger on that children issue longer.

It's her wonkishness, which I think is part of why they ended up dwelling on specific votes. Hillary was Sec of State then and presumably they worked hard on deciding what the right decision was that would lead to the best outcomes for the refugees. Naturally she thinks she made the right decision and she wants to explain why. Unfortunately it's not great messaging.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
tedKennedy_1469283c.jpg

Raxus

"I agree"
"No, I agree but a little differently"
"K but I agree but this"
"Hmm yes pretty much but this"
"I agree but how about --"
"How -- oh, sorry, I didn't mean to --"
"-- no no you're fine"
"-- interrupt. Oh, okay. No you go."