• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
How does he expect to to be President t if he won't listen to feedback or advice from people he might not necessarily agree with? How does he expect to talk to Putin or other world leaders?

It was more that you can't ignore everyone since sometimes people can have insight that should be considered when making a decision.

So Hilary should invoke advice from leaders of ISIS too while she's at it? I mean you know, can't let war criminals take all the diversity.

Bernie has never claimed he won't talk to bad or non favourable people, hell the complete opposite (especially regarding the Middle East). He's just not going to commend, compliment and appreciate them.

Velcro Fly

I mean we elected Obama and everyone said foreign policy would be his weakness and he's been diplomatic and has done really well to not step in shit.

I refuse to believe Bernie would be any worse than Obama.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Let's forget about history, it's not important, we need to solve issues with a fresh mind !
and make the same mistakes as before

Did you even read that post entirely, history is important, context is important but you can't just spout history alone. It's like when Dems back in 08' kept saying they didn't vote for Iraq but refused to make any suggestions as to how to solve the problem currently.

Hillary and Bernie are both right on the subject of Kissinger. On the one hand, most of Bernie's list of complaints is absolutely accurate. Kissinger has more blood on his hands than almost any other Secretary of State, mostly because of the Vietnam War but yes, that did help lead to the Khmer Rouge. Kissinger thought that 'all people have a breaking point', and by bombing Vietnam more, and killing more people, the US would eventually win. That is a horrible, and wrong, philosophy. What he did in Vietnam is inexcusable, and Hillary should have made a much stronger statement against him here instead of saying the very general line she did.

However, Hillary is right that Kissinger and Nixon's opening of relations with China was a major, important event and a huge step forward for international relations. She said 'I listened to him about China but not anything else', and that probably is a defensible position; he was, after all, responsible for helping to repair that badly-damaged relationship.

And finally, Bernie weakened his initial very strong point by following it up with that attack on global trade as another reason to dislike Kissinger... opening relations with China was a very good thing regardless of what you think on trade.

Henry Kissinger is literally a fucking war criminal. This is an undeniable fact. Anybody defending him for any reason really needs to read a fucking history book and to reconsider their priorities.

If anything, if anything, make this election about the fact we could elect a candidate that does not play nice with literal war criminals. Please.

I mean, yeah.

It's tough because it is such a strong subject for Hilary.

Finger waging is weirdly annoying me.

The finger wagging looks ridiculous. He'll never look like an executive, he simply doesn't have the bearing. That's fine, he's an excellent, excellent legislator, but maybe that's where he should stay.

Velcro Fly

Also when the candidates can keep it civil and mostly on topic, moderators aren't needed. We've had some good back and forth dialogue on a variety of issues and it has been glorious.

GOP debate would never be like this. They are all too whiny and petulant and hungry for time to talk about nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom