• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, yeah.

It's tough because it is such a strong subject for Hilary.

Finger waging is weirdly annoying me.

As hawkish as she is, how is she strong in foreign policy? During previous debates, she mostly never really convinced me with her answers. I don't understand why left leaning folks think she is strong at it.

Clydefrog

Also when the candidates can keep it civil and mostly on topic, moderators aren't needed. We've had some good back and forth dialogue on a variety of issues and it has been glorious.

GOP debate would never be like this. They are all too whiny and petulant and hungry for time to talk about nothing

It'll be interesting to see how the public reacts to the general election debate. Mud-slinging vs policy.

Also when the candidates can keep it civil and mostly on topic, moderators aren't needed. We've had some good back and forth dialogue on a variety of issues and it has been glorious.

GOP debate would never be like this. They are all too whiny and petulant and hungry for time to talk about nothing

I can't wait until the GOP field is also 1 v 1 just so the contrast in demeanor is that much more pronounced. Right now it can be chalked up to there being 8 people on stage fighting for time. The same can't be said when it's just Trump v Cruz or who ever.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Whoever wins, the dems will be much more split than in the previous elections, and on top of that won't pull the turnout numbers they had with Obama.

Good chance for Dems to lose the GE by a small margin at least.

I feel like this is because Bernie shook somebody's hand after they coughed on it.

talk to your friends and "enemies" - Bernie on foreign policy
I agree with him on this as well.

It's too bad he's not as polished on it as Hillary, we need somebody who can passionately articulate the non-hawk foreign policy stance.

Jenov

This debate overall is less entertaining, I feel like we've heard these same questions and responses from both candidates so many times now. Maybe I've just watched too many debates now.

He improved on FP from last debate, could still be a ton better but hes brought up some new things.
It's better than the last one where he looked like a deer in the headlights.
He needs work on actually putting forward what he would do in terms of the US's place in the world. His improvement in this debate is based more on criticizing what she said or talks to.

Although, he probably doesn't. Because it's right that the Democrats don't actually care about foreign policy.

nib95

Banned
Did you even read that post entirely, history is important, context is important but you can't just spout history alone. It's like when Dems back in 08' kept saying they didn't vote for Iraq but refused to make any suggestions as to how to solve the problem currently.

What problem? Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, nor did they have any WMD's. It is not the US's role to overthrow regimes at the cost of trillions of dollars to tax payers, hundreds of thousands of innocent lives, and the destability of an entire region, just to line the pockets of corporations and the military industrial complex. The correct thing to do would have been to do nothing, to simply not go to war. No alternative to Iraq was necessary.

woen

The finger wagging looks ridiculous. He'll never look like an executive, he simply doesn't have the bearing. That's fine, he's an excellent, excellent legislator, but maybe that's where he should stay.

You need to look President. Does he need to cut his hair or wear a wig ?

"Facebook family"
disgust-animated-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom