• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Hey Guys.

Is there some nice Gafer here who would be so kind to trade the Ally's / Friend Ring with me?

I can't get my character tendency to pure white.

PLEASE! :messenger_spock:

2AdEPT

crap I wanted that sword.. thanks for the answer.
It took me a lot of tries and I almost did it melee as well butthe general idea is you cant let him heal. If you learn to parry it can start you off on a good note, then you have to have enough endurance or mana to finsih him off.

I'm seriously thinking about buying Demon's but I'm in REAL doubt ...

I've never played, I'm afraid I don't know how to enjoy it and you know the games are expensive hahah ... But seeing the analysis, everyone is talking very well about the game which is very good ...

is all this really?
I dont know what to tell you friend. Demon's for me is pretty close to the GOAT. Only Bloodborne and Dark Souls come close, ok Sekiro is in the mix although that game takes too much time to get gud and I lost interest in learning all three stages of the final boss so didnt actually complete it lol. I also liked Shadow of the Colossus although not as much just owing to clunky controls.

Demon's on the other hand.....It got me back into gaming as an adult after I stopped playing when I went to University. Its one of the most special experiences I've had period not just in gaming. Coming into the original Demon's thread and no one knew how to play it as there were no wikis yet...GOLD. I helped my share and found tricks and secrets to make it easier and shared and it felt good. I can honestly say I was one of the first to do a no upgrades SL1 level run of Dark SOuls, at least amongst people in the original thread here on GAF. THis was before Lobos Jr. LOL.

You face seemingly insurmountable odds, but then persever and overcome, as it really wasnt as tough as you thoght. You can get help here in this thread but the game is meant to be played online and you can have others help you through the level as well. If you like that idea then you will like this game and the others. FROM software has found a way to train people for life, not just games. Granted not everyone sees it this way. But for me, I bought a $1000 system to play this new remake of Demons' SOuls, not the other way around...I already have a PC and can play most games withough a console but I bought a PS4 for Blodborne and now this LOL. FOr you, you will not be disappointed with the graphics as I am pretty sure this game is destrying all other releases right now in using the power of the new console. Even if you hired help for every level and every boss online and just watched others beat itfor you, you would be experiencing something special LOL.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I haven't done the 2-3 boss fight in a decade. I had no idea what to do anymore. I'm not sure if I've died to any bosses more than 1 or 2 times, but then that one was a 20+ trial-and-error death tour lol

rob_araujoo

Neo Member

I've never played, I'm afraid I don't know how to enjoy it and you know the games are expensive hahah ... But seeing the analysis, everyone is talking very well about the game which is very good ...

is all this really?

is all this really?

I was in the same boat, loving the heck out of it.

2AdEPT

Soul Level 90.
Crap man, my Hyper mode character is level 82 and could care less about the ring, but she is at the old one, I have no friend ring, and my character tendency is black as oil right now so the prospect of acquiring one for you is minimal. Sorry! LOL.
edit: OK you got it great!

Last edited:
Ive just completed 4-2 and 4-3. Wasn’t as difficult as I was expecting it’s a little tricky to have to run through the whole level again to get to the hero but I beat him on my second try. Got all worlds complete now except for 1-5(I can’t remember if it’s 1-4 or 1-5 but I think it’s 1-5 the part after
penetrator

I think I’m nearing the end but I’m definitely going to want to finish the game again on NG+. Just undecided if I should go for some pvp and black world tendacy stuff this run or wait until ng+ I’ve been running through every world from start to finish again when I get full white to make sure Im getting everything. Gawd I am in love with this game. Level design is so impressive.

If it's for the platinum, I would do the pure black stuff in NG. NG+ difficulty seems to be ramped up a bit in the remake.

is all this really?

I'm assuming that you haven't played any of the Soulsborne games yet. I think everyone should at least give the games an honest chance at some point. If this turns out to be something that you enjoy, you're going to REALLY enjoy it. And when you're done with Demon's Souls, you'll have Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne to look forward to.

That's coming from someone who bought a PS3 just to play Demon's Souls and still hasn't bought a second game for his PS5 yet, though. :messenger_winking:

Those
Maneaters!!
God damn! I can't kill them, and I'm going crazy about it. The whole game has been a breeze until I hit this wall, HARD! There's no pattern what so ever. Just random attacks and nothing works for me!

Wear the thief's ring and use the brazier in the middle. Keep that between you and the maneater. He'll lose track and walk away a bit with his back to you. Get a couple hits in and repeat.

Grinchy

Banned
I was just trying to help people with the Maneater fight and got randomly pulled into the 3-3 PvP fight instead. Really fun and cool, but damn was it laggy. Reminded me of playing this on the PS3 so much :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Salmon

Wear the thief's ring and use the brazier in the middle. Keep that between you and the maneater. He'll lose track and walk away a bit with his back to you. Get a couple hits in and repeat.
Tried that like 20 times already. I feel almost like my game is broken, haha. They get stuck in midair for some reason. They STAND in midair, that seems like an error/bug, because their wings aren't even moving. Then they're both flying AROUND the brazier in the middle, hitting me, so it doesn't help at all. I would have been easier if they flew in a straight path, but with that thing in the middle, the fly in an arch. I hate this boss!

Antelope

So I'm having some beginners problems.

I started with the "Temple Knight" Class. I got a feel for the movement, piercing blow, and timing. But the starting weapon is an AXE and on Boloteria I reach an overpass with a flaming eyed, gold armoured, spear wielding foe that I can't get pass. Either my AXE hits the wall despite being locked on or it's a one hit kill from him.

I need a sword but all I have is the time letter opener types and now my weapons are all dull and not effective. Any advice?

You don’t have to fight that Red eyed Knight. Try to explore and you will find an easier path.

In general, unequip your armor until you get below 50% and two hand the halberd. It’s actually really good and won’t have those huge arcing swings. This will also let you dodge more easily.

For weapon, if you really want a sword, there are a few in the first area to pick up or you can buy one from the blacksmith. The blacksmith in the Nexus will also repair your weapons. You can go back by using the stone with a sword in it, where you start the level.

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

I was just trying to help people with the Maneater fight and got randomly pulled into the 3-3 PvP fight instead. Really fun and cool, but damn was it laggy. Reminded me of playing this on the PS3 so much :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Tried to get the monk's head collar today at this PvP fight and the matchmaking is all over the place.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Crap man, my Hyper mode character is level 82 and could care less about the ring, but she is at the old one, I have no friend ring, and my character tendency is black as oil right now so the prospect of acquiring one for you is minimal. Sorry! LOL.
edit: OK you got it great!
Thanks but Toytown Assassin striked faster.

:messenger_grinning:

Hostile_18

Banned
My progress has really slowed down, I'm out of those items that return you to human and most of my worlds are black. It's a strange system that those that struggle get their game made harder 😂. Any way I can return them to white or get more resurrection items?

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

My progress has really slowed down, I'm out of those items that return you to human and most of my worlds are black. It's a strange system that those that struggle get their game made harder 😂. Any way I can return them to white or get more resurrection items?
Some vendour trade ephemeral eyes for souls.
Like Patches or the old filthy woman in 5-1 or 5-2.
But they are expensive.

You can get some in 5-2 in the middle of the swamp but its very difficult.

I think you can also kill an invader and that changes world tendency towards white.
Some gafers may help out with just laying down for your dirty needs. :messenger_winking:

Toytown Assassin just did that for me a couple of hours ago so I could get pure white character tendency and with that the Ally's ring.

Most importantly suizide in the nexus when you are in human form to prevent the shift towards black world tendency!!!

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
can try! Same place I guess?
Yes you can invade each other and you can drop items like healing items or armor...I think they may have restricted boss souls though. The wiki there is talking about OLD demon's souls and hasn't been fully updated for the remake just yet.

Edit- also if you use the password feature, then you can be summoned or summon others you know and the level limit doesn't apply. Normally you can only summon someone within + or - 10 levels of you. If you have a friend or group using passwords though, that doesn't apply. Would be interesting to see how powerful some high level character is, when summoned by a lower level one in this manner. In Dark Souls 3, your power was cut down as was your health and mana if you were high level and got summoned by a lower level friend. But you still had access to all your spells and items so you could really put a hurting on the level! :)

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Yes you can invade each other and you can drop items like healing items or armor...I think they may have restricted boss souls though. The wiki there is talking about OLD demon's souls and hasn't been fully updated for the remake just yet.
Sadly it did not allow to drop a ring.

Giles

Currently grinding 2-2 trying to get a gold ring from the fat official. I’ve PBWT and it’s taking forever. So soul destroying 😭 lol

2AdEPT

Tried that like 20 times already. I feel almost like my game is broken, haha. They get stuck in midair for some reason. They STAND in midair, that seems like an error/bug, because their wings aren't even moving. Then they're both flying AROUND the brazier in the middle, hitting me, so it doesn't help at all. I would have been easier if they flew in a straight path, but with that thing in the middle, the fly in an arch. I hate this boss!
Really got to go to town on the first one so that you dont have two at once. This is the way.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Sadly it did not allow to drop a ring.
Ah so rings as well. Yeah, they have changed a number of glitches, exploits and pure functionality over the original. I kinda wish they had left it in....was part of the game- figuring out shortcuts that weren't official, not to mention having a quick way to do other builds without the slog of HAVING to go thru everything early on, again. Oh well!

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Ah so rings as well. Yeah, they have changed a number of glitches, exploits and pure functionality over the original. I kinda wish they had left it in....was part of the game- figuring out shortcuts that weren't official, not to mention having a quick way to do other builds without the slog of HAVING to go thru everything early on, again. Oh well!
It also looks like you have to play through the HOLE game twice to get all the spells.

So I finally took a chance took a chance after scouring the Tower of Latria up and down trying to find a way to proceed. There were two locked doors I didn't have the key for and I suspected the key must have been on one of the bodies in front of the ballista bitch I wasn't keen on going near. There were a few bloodstains nearby, and watching the blood shadows all die trying to run the gauntlet made me a little nervous.

Turns out I was right, but it was fun not knowing and risking it for what could have been a lotus leaf. It would take a lot away from that experience knowing exactly what to do. I did get blasted moments later, after using the key to open the door, by a mind flayer anyway lol. Latria is such a unique experience. I don't think I've ever played a game where I've had to slowly make my way through, with my shield up in case the floor ended or some freak tried to jump me. Playing in the dark with headphones on and listening to all those wailing sounds is pretty immersive.

Bartski

Gold Member
The Crescent path is popular early game for the mana regen and the crescent falchion is just there for the taking in 4-1, but you will get more magic power from moonlightstone, not moonshadowstone like on the falchion....LOL pretty confusing, even confused me as a vet at first! There is a partially upgraded moon sword found on the ledge of the maneaters boss fight but you can go that path with any weapon you want. Again to be clear you can get MORE magic power with Moon weapons as the game developer figures that the mana regen thing is a big value so it scales less damage off magic with Crescent weapons than with Moon.

Not necessarily, but I was hoping for that to be the case on NG+ going after a moonlightstone katana ... It all depends on how you build your stats and IMO crescent is definitely a better choice if you go more towards magic power minmaxing. Crescent gets rid of Strength and Dexterity scaling reaching Magic scaling A at +5, while +5 Moon gives you magic scaling C while keeping Strength and Dexterity scaling at E.
In my case investing mostly in magic my both +5 katanas end up at almost equal total damage output, with Crescent still being my go-to for its MP regen... NG++ makes you really fragile and kinda slow and careful which often gives it time to work and save some spice.

Moon is R Weapon 1, Crescent - R Weapon 2.

aHh4dDK.jpg

nJsJ6rn.jpg

Ar¢tos

If it works like in the original, kill yourself in the nexus a bunch of times in a row (7 or 8) while being online and your worlds will change into the server tendency (usually hovers around neutral).
You can farm stones of ephemeral eyes from the big dudes in 5-1 and 5-2.

-------

I'm currently farming for pure bladestone and I'm having flashbacks of older times...

Malakhov

Banned
This games level design and art direction is some of the best.
This is my first souls game, I was sure I would give up on it but I am seriously hooked up by now. Even considering a 2nd run as a mage after Im done with my pure strenght build.

Taking a break for the weekend, so far I've beaten:

1-1, 1-2, 1-3
2-1, 2-2, 2-3
3-1, 3-2, 3-3
4-1
5-1

So I think I have 5 levels left? is 1 -4 just a boss or a whole level?

Last edited:

OutRun88

This is my first souls game, I was sure I would give up on it but I am seriously hooked up by now. Even considering a 2nd run as a mage after Im done with my pure strenght build.

1-1, 1-2, 1-3
2-1, 2-2, 2-3
3-1, 3-2, 3-3
4-1
5-1

So I think I have 5 levels left? is 4-1 just a boss or a whole level?
You’re asking the wrong person lol! This is my first time playing a Souls game at all.

I have only gotten through 1-1, 2-1, and 3-1 so far. I’m looking forward to the rest of the content. Things have been truly epic so far.

It also looks like you have to play through the HOLE game twice to get all the spells.
3 times to do both Spells and Miracles.

1-1, 1-2, 1-3
2-1, 2-2, 2-3
3-1, 3-2, 3-3
4-1
5-1

So I think I have 5 levels left? is 4-1 just a boss or a whole level?

Assuming you mean 1-4, it's an entire level.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

3 times to do both Spells and Miracles.
You could savescam for the miracles.

But not for the spells.

Edit:

I mean just for the trophies.

If you want to have all spells and miracles on you at the same time than yes, three playthroughs.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Ok i have to ask, is it my ds5 faulty or sometimes pressing circle to run doesn't work? I mean i start running and then the character stop even if i'm pressing the button and i need to really push hard to get the input right...

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Ok i have to ask, is it my ds5 faulty or sometimes pressing circle to run doesn't work? I mean i start running and then the character stop even if i'm pressing the button and i need to really push hard to get the input right...
Maybe your stamina is empty.

The green bar at the top left.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Dude this is like my 20th souls like game, i know how stamina work :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Maybe i still have to adjust to the ds5 buttons but i had zero problem with morales...
Not to offend you.

Seemed to be the easiest solution.

If i start sprinting the response is not initial. Takes a little bit of time.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Hey Guys.

Is there some nice Gafer here who would be so kind to trade the Ally's / Friend Ring with me?

I can't get my character tendency to pure white.

PLEASE! :messenger_spock:
Actually, all you need to do is someone to invade you using the password feature so level doesn't matter. They let you kill them, your character tendency gets whiter. At most a few "invasions" like that and you'll be pure white.

Top Bottom