• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

Paulxo87

My first playthrough took me 60 hours as a knight. Of course my world tendency was fucked up in a lot of places which made things frustrating...

I am going through with a magic build now. I am literally just running through the game it's ridiculous. Could likely finish it in 15 hours.

it's amazing how not hard this game becomes knowing now what you did not know then!

Cyborg

Got a question about White World Tendecy in 2nd world. I defeated all the bosses and two phantoms but I didn’t achieve Pure White. So I cant grab that weapon behind the stones.
Any tips?

Got a question about White World Tendecy in 2nd world. I defeated all the bosses and two phantoms but I didn’t achieve Pure White. So I cant grab that weapon behind the stones.
Any tips?
new game plus or ask for someone to drop one for you. Assuming that weapon can be dropped. I'd do it but im watching NFL for the next 11 hours or so.

SkylineRKR

Thanks I wanted pure white tendency in that world. 😅 Seems there is no way to do it

Its impossible. You can make Pure Black but the demon + BP won't get you to +7. One saved up boss would. Or kill invaders if you are good.

I fucked up many times on PS3. I eventually did it in an NG+ run.

Last edited:

Reyziak

You need the Flamelurker's Soul, and you need to give it to the blacksmith in Stonefang Tunnel.

The Kris Blade requires Colorless Demon Souls to upgrade.

Get yourself a decent shield and level up damage. You’re better off killing stuff quicker than putting points into vitality.

Try 4-1 too. Good farming spot.
Go to 4-1, kill the skeletons, then pick up the crescent falchion that's sitting on a cliff to the left. Look this up.

It's very essy to kill skeletons by backstabbing them. That weapon will last you till end game but take that to 2-1, defeat the 2-1 boss and get the dragon sword for even more damage. And unlike the falchion, you can max out the dragon sword early.

Crescent falchion does magic damage and dragon sword does fire damage. 99% of the bosses and enemies are weak to fire and magic.

Yeah I'll do both thanks guys. I remember Bloodborne being similarly stressful at the beginning. I guess it's all about getting "in the flow"

Trogdor1123

Well, I beat flame Lurker. Was tough, had a guy summon to help and he literally did nothing to help. Not exaggerating. He ran behind the ribs and hid. Eventually I let the Lurker over to kill him haha.

Any tips on first weapons to craft? I heard lava bow is great. Anything else? I'm having a ton of problems with the dragon god. Can't break through fast enough!

SkylineRKR

Well, I beat flame Lurker. Was tough, had a guy summon to help and he literally did nothing to help. Not exaggerating. He ran behind the ribs and hid. Eventually I let the Lurker over to kill him haha.

Any tips on first weapons to craft? I heard lava bow is great. Anything else? I'm having a ton of problems with the dragon god. Can't break through fast enough!

For the Dragon God, wait behind the pillar and move when he isn't looking. The hardest part is the first part. After that its very easy.

Lava Bow is very good if you don't have a strength/dex build. Its my go to bow since I run Faith. If you have a Dex build, then just upgrade a Compound Bow and use Spiderstones Sticky path.

The rest of the boss weapons aren't that good. Meat Cleaver is great I guess, it had ridiculous scaling anyway. Scraping Spear is trash, its a PvP troll weapon that completely wrecks armor.

Last edited:
This might be the best game I have ever played.

It's up there for me. Which is why I find it laughable when people say it's not a system-seller. No, it isn't as mainstream as Mario, Spider-Man, Halo, Uncharted, etc, but to those of us who are fans, we REALLY enjoy these games and they are exactly the types of games that could sell us on a console by themselves.

Grinchy

Banned
In NG+ I got a couple invaders in 2-1. I don't know if either was expecting to be one-shot by firestorm lol.

I went from pure black character tendency to almost pure white pretty quickly without meaning to.

aclar00

I was finding 4-3 to be a good soul farming spot. You just use the storm sword and wipe out the flying dicks. With the ring and the silver wrists (for female) it was over 20K per run.

What i remember doing on PS3, havent gotten there yet on the remake though.

SkylineRKR

If I want to have pure white tendency should I just play offline to fight Old Monk or does it matter?

Doesn't matter if you are in soul form. But OM might be easier offline depending on your opponent. I've been an easy kill there a few times because I tried things, but also shot guys to hell there. I love to invade there.

Last edited:
I just did this I got two more pure Bladestone but no chunk, is pure more common?
I don’t think it’s supposed to be chunks less frequent. Today I got 3 chunks and one pure.

decided since i can I’ll move the winged spear from +10 to sharp before I finish. But I sure have overlevved myself with all this farming. I’m at 100

Moogle11

Banned
I hadn't played for a bit, but had a solid session this afternoon. Finally though to use the pine resin to enflame my weapon to deal with the skeletons at the start of 4-1 and finally got the Crescent Falchion I'd been trying to get for a while. Then spent a while farming those guys as they were pretty easy once I had a decent weapon. Got up to soul level 31, bought the fire spell and healing miracle. Will tackle 3-1 the next time I play (only finished 1-1 and 2-1 so far).

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don’t think it’s supposed to be chunks less frequent. Today I got 3 chunks and one pure.

decided since i can I’ll move the winged spear from +10 to sharp before I finish. But I sure have overlevved myself with all this farming. I’m at 100
I finally managed to get enough chunk to get my Uchi to +5 and so far Dex is my favorite build. Most of STR build weapons are really slow, while katana weapons are very fast and can do decent damage.

Grinchy

Banned
I just did this I got two more pure Bladestone but no chunk, is pure more common?
I had so much trouble getting chunks on my dex character. I farmed that damn black skeleton that hangs out before the Adjudicator fight 100+ times before I got a single one. I got a few pures and had like 85 shards before the first chunk dropped...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I had so much trouble getting chunks on my dex character. I farmed that damn black skeleton that hangs out before the Adjudicator fight 100+ times before I got a single one. I got a few pures and had like 85 shards before the first chunk dropped...
I killed that motherf**ker black skeleton so much that I learned how to parry his attacks.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Save world tendency, I wrapped up all the non-Boletrian Palace Archstones this weekend. Sadness.

I feel bad for the poor bastard I faced in the Throne Room of Yormedaar as it's the last thing I did this evening. I was way to over leveled for him.

Last edited:
Is the 30 FPS mode really shit or have I acclimated to 60 FPS on this game.... I started the game in performance mode, got bored last night waiting to invade someone and I decided to tour a level using the better graphics mode. 30 FPS in this game feels like complete shit, like your guy is underwater or something. I played all of Miles on 30 FPS but maybe I've been converted?
The 30 fps feels like shit and i honestly can't tell the difference between fidelity and performance modes. I played a good chunk of Miles on fidelity mode and the 30 fps there never bothered me.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Rolling skeletons in 4-1 are an absolute pain, left and switched to 5-1 cleared it and leechmonger first time.

Being full spell is there anyway to take them down faster ? Soul Ray and arrow are taking to long to cast without being randomly stunned from the rolling, is fire spray the better option ?

If you have a shield, they're incredible easy.

Hold L1 as they roll into you. They'll roll for a couple of more cycles, and then do a heavy attack. Just keep your shield up and walk around them as they heavy attack and try for a backstab. It's a little bit awkward to get the backstab because they rotate their entire torsos when they swing, so it's hard to find the perfect positioning -- but even if you don't get it, just take a couple of swings, recover stamina, and shield up again.

When you go up the stairs to the area with the archer, just kite the rollers one at a time and ignore the archer. Shield up, walk around, back-stab. Rinse and repeat.

Super easy..

RAL1992

If you have a shield, they're incredible easy.

Hold L1 as they roll into you. They'll roll for a couple of more cycles, and then do a heavy attack. Just keep your shield up and walk around them as they heavy attack and try for a backstab. It's a little bit awkward to get the backstab because they rotate their entire torsos when they swing, so it's hard to find the perfect positioning -- but even if you don't get it, just take a couple of swings, recover stamina, and shield up again.

When you go up the stairs to the area with the archer, just kite the rollers one at a time and ignore the archer. Shield up, walk around, back-stab. Rinse and repeat.

Super easy..
Managed it now pal, got to adjudicator easy enough and he hit me when he was at an 1/8th of health.

My first death to a boss and its supposedly the easiest 🤣 thats why you gotta love these games.

sncvsrtoip

The 30 fps feels like shit and i honestly can't tell the difference between fidelity and performance modes. I played a good chunk of Miles on fidelity mode and the 30 fps there never bothered me.
same, finished Miles in 30fps fidelity mode but this 30fps in demon souls is close to being unplayable, something strange with camera movement, it feels like it's less than 30fps

Cyborg

Anyone wanting to help me later on the day with getting White World Tendecy @ world 2
I can let you invade me and then let me kill you. I think thats the only way to get it to pure white cause Ive beaten all the bosses/phantoms but got killed (once) in human form.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I beat it over the weekend for the first time, had fun. The ending is meh but I don't play these games for the story really.

Not much interest in NG+ or completing every little side quest, honestly the world/character tendency stuff sounds super tedious to me and I can't be bothered. On to Dark Souls.

Last edited:

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Managed it now pal, got to adjudicator easy enough and he hit me when he was at an 1/8th of health.

My first death to a boss and its supposedly the easiest 🤣 thats why you gotta love these games.

Haha, yeah. I feel the same way about some bosses.

I beat the Firelurker on my first try without any help... I just knew it was a fire boss, so I equipped the fire resistance ring and the fire resistance shield. Kept my shield up the entire time, and he barely hurt me.

And yet, the tower knight took me like 15 frustrating attempts, because I didn't realize you had to go under his feet and past when he did his shield attack.

I think people find the adjudicator easy because they cheese him with a bow. If you stand on the platform, shoot 2 - 3 arrows, step back to avoid his tongue, and then repeat... He's done in about 2 minutes. I haven't actually tried fighting him up close.

SkylineRKR

Haha, yeah. I feel the same way about some bosses.

I beat the Firelurker on my first try without any help... I just knew it was a fire boss, so I equipped the fire resistance ring and the fire resistance shield. Kept my shield up the entire time, and he barely hurt me.

And yet, the tower knight took me like 15 frustrating attempts, because I didn't realize you had to go under his feet and past when he did his shield attack.

I think people find the adjudicator easy because they cheese him with a bow. If you stand on the platform, shoot 2 - 3 arrows, step back to avoid his tongue, and then repeat... He's done in about 2 minutes. I haven't actually tried fighting him up close.

He's also easy up close but the hitbox is kind of fucked. It took me quite some time but slash the cleaver a few times, you see blood pouring out, when he falls and hammer his head. I think he can one shot you but he's very slow. If you are never underneath his attacking hand he will never hit you but the area can fuck you up if you corner him and yourself. He's one of the bosses I one shot though. In fact I one shot all of the world 4 and 5 bosses, they're considerably easier.

Last edited:
Is the 30 FPS mode really shit

Yes it is. Completely unplayable. I don’t understand why the mode is even there. Luckily it’s not on by default. It seriously feels worse than the original Demon’s Souls.

Not every 30fps is greated equal. There are many games where 30fps is absolutely playable. I think Spider-Man is fine, but given the choice in that game, I will choose the 60fps mode every time.

Anyone wanting to help me later on the day with getting White World Tendecy @ world 2
I can let you invade me and then let me kill you. I think thats the only way to get it to pure white cause Ive beaten all the bosses/phantoms but got killed (once) in human form.
I can if you still need it. I'll be available from 5ish UK time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
B&H Photo and Video had the game on sale for $50 ($20 off)

Looks like it's sold out, though

Yes it is. Completely unplayable. I don’t understand why the mode is even there. Luckily it’s not on by default. It seriously feels worse than the original Demon’s Souls.

Not every 30fps is greated equal. There are many games where 30fps is absolutely playable. I think Spider-Man is fine, but given the choice in that game, I will choose the 60fps mode every time.
Maybe it's my old man eyes but the 30 fps mode looks fantastic to me. Not a single problem with it.

Trogdor1123

Playing through 5-2, hate the swamp! Found out that I need full black in 3-2 to get a sodden ring? How the hell do I do that? The only thing I have left to do in 3-2 is beat the man eaters...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
just to jump in, i am playing on 30fps mode and outside of the Flamelurker boss fight haven't really had an issue with it. even then, i was able to defeat him without changing settings in one go. the game is an ARGP, not a straight action game, so twitch reflexes can only get you so far. often if you roll too early it will fuck you just as much as rolling too late. tbh i played quality mode for NG and NG+. im glad they offer both options.

i mean the original game was made to be 30fps, and that was the peak framerate at which people played it for years and years. the full 4k image is a definite tangible improvement over the faster version. so the option to play it at the framerate of the original game, but with full 4K image, is pretty badass. i'm very glad they kept it in.

i do recommend using full motion blur if you are going 30fps though. it mitigates much of the choppiness. going from no motion blur 60fps to no motion blur 30 is a bigger visual bridge to cross.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Playing through 5-2, hate the swamp! Found out that I need full black in 3-2 to get a sodden ring? How the hell do I do that? The only thing I have left to do in 3-2 is beat the man eaters...
Going full black is easy. just kill yourself in human form, warp out to nexus to make sure the world tendency updates, go back, become human again, kill yourself again and repeat.

if you are in 3-2, you are probably just one above neutral so you need to do this 4-5 times. Just make sure you dont kill the primeevil demon or the black enemy phantom when you get all black.

Also, you dont really need the sodden ring. just equip the adjudicator shield, a regenerator ring and use either the regeneration spell or equip the blessed mace+1 you get in 5-1 and you will never really lose any health from poisoning.

Top Bottom