• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

TheAssist

Insane shit just went down, I need to tell others,

So I just finished 5-2 and 5-3 cause thats all i have left and being a dex guy I'm depressed that getting a pure bladestone is harder than trump saying he lost. I cant get my Uchi to +5 sharp. I've farmed the only bad dude on 4-2 for what seems like weeks now with zero pure bladestone.

I got 4 of them in an hour tonight.

If its bugged people do not equip the ring of finding shit, that just gives you low crap. go

Its not a bug, its a feature!
The ring increases common drops. Pure bladestone is rare. So you lessen your chances of getting it with the item ring.
Yeah this game tends to be cryptic as fuck.

I got a pure bladestone from the 1st dual wielding skel I killed in 4-1 on my 1st playthrough. I just assumed it was now a gauranteed drop or some shit lol. Came in handy to trade for the ring.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
KNIGHT FOR HIRE.

just started a new game to get some online trophies and am looking to help people defeat bosses. i am STR build soul level 18 and just killed Tower Knight. let me know if you need help with a boss! otherwise i will probably camp out here to help people with TK during the day in between sessions of Cyberpunk 2077.

also here are some more photo mode images from this gorgeous game. <3 this game so much. worth buying a PS5.

tmG2a1T.jpg

IbKYnBc.jpg

Bjm8g5f.jpg

7IB2k7L.jpg

GJcJ1ZS.jpg

i did come across one bug where all the undead were frozen on the ground, so i took a photo of it lol.

V1kXhLA.jpg

Last edited:

Tmack

Did anyone played it with the 30 fps mode?

I totally forget about it and played for a day or two with default settings... when tried it for the first time tought the game was unplayed at 30 fps.... felt very laggy.

Why do you people want to play on 30 fps mode? It just doesn't make sense in a game like this and when there's 60 fps on default.

Just killed Old Monk and Dragon God with my Crushing Claymore +5. Still have to kill the rest.

I love this game and definitely will play New Game+ after finishing.
I'm in no rush to start Cyberpunk 2077 😊

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
Oh wow 7.8gb update :eek: what could it be
Mostly bug fixes and stability. Seem to have removed the "invasion limit" option in networking and the servers appear to be a lot faster on their ping responses now. I've heard they patched the "gold coin" exploit and more than that, have fixed it so that people who used the exploit are reduced down in level and you have a max of 99 luck that you can have, period. So no more gold coin exploits. I've also heard but haven't confirmed yet that the adjudicator skip may be patched out. I sure hope that's not. Frankly I was ok with the gold coin exploit as well. If people exploit a game and have fun with it, who cares? Very few if any were running around wrecking people's days with that as far as I saw anyway. Not a huge deal. But at the rate this is going, next thing you know they'll patch it so you can't exchange equipment at all or something dumb like that, which will likely limit the online life of the title. The original died pretty much soon after they had tightened and nerfed just about everything.

Nymphae

Banned
I think I'm one of the few people out there that has absolutely no interest in the online segment of this game. I never called for help and I bailed the one time I forgot to suicide in the Nexus and I was invaded while farming 4-2. Fuck that shit.

Rolla

Banned
Progress is super slow but the loading is super fast. Beat my latest boss and well. Felt like a boss/giddy judging by the way I was jumping up and down in my sofa after, FINALLY beating the Flamelurker. The damage he deals is insane, right?

gGaOoiM.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find more dragon stone to upgrade my dragon sword? Also I'm still on the hunt for the soul arrow. A little magic to my build would make an absolute word of difference. I found the magic vendor in the nexus but he doesn't sell the miracle.

Still having an absolute blast!

Trogdor1123

Progress is super slow but the loading is super fast. Beat my latest boss and well. Felt like a boss/giddy judging by the way I was jumping up and down in my sofa after, FINALLY beating the Flamelurker. The damage he deals is insane, right?

gGaOoiM.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find more dragon stone to upgrade my dragon sword? Also I'm still on the hunt for the soul arrow. A little magic to my build would make an absolute word of difference. I found the magic vendor in the nexus but he doesn't sell the miracle.

Still having an absolute blast!
Aren't the dragon stones in 2-2 from the fire beetles?

Dragonstone chunks are something of a pain to get. One of those 2 black phantoms on at the bottom of the lift on the way to flamelurker drops 3 I think and you can find at least 1 in the lava pool cave. Forget how many there. Other than that you need to farm those giant bearbug things and the drop rate for chunks is terrible. Go up from flamelurker spawn if you want to try as at least you can attack 2 of them from behind which is easy and safe.

Ar¢tos

Dragonstone chunks are something of a pain to get. One of those 2 black phantoms on at the bottom of the lift on the way to flamelurker drops 3 I think and you can find at least 1 in the lava pool cave. Forget how many there. Other than that you need to farm those giant bearbug things and the drop rate for chunks is terrible. Go up from flamelurker spawn if you want to try as at least you can attack 2 of them from behind which is easy and safe.
Yes, so far those and moonlight stones are the worst.
In 2h I got 1 dragonstone Chunk, and moonlight stone can be impossible to farm chunks if you kill all the prisoners in 3-2, you need to leave one alive everytime in both towers or they will despawn.
But other stones is the opposite, today I farmed Faintstone for 1h, mostly for chunks and got 5 pures while farming it.

saintjules

Gold Member
i did come across one bug where all the undead were frozen on the ground, so i took a photo of it lol.

V1kXhLA.jpg

I had that same issue lol

Also not sure if mentioned already, but the update fixed the activity cards work to where you can resume a section of the game from the PS5 Home screen. Previously the cards would only start to work from the main screen of the game.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
My mage character in NG+ actually gave me some trouble on the 3-1 boss fight. I'm outfitted with multiple items that boost magic damage while also decreasing magic defense, so pretty much any magic attack one-shots me.

I kept having a problem with the firestorm pillars missing her, so when it came time to hide behind the obstacles to fight her legitimately, I'd just always get sniped by one of the magic attacks from the distance that'd one-shot me.

My mage character in NG+ actually gave me some trouble on the 3-1 boss fight. I'm outfitted with multiple items that boost magic damage while also decreasing magic defense, so pretty much any magic attack one-shots me.

I kept having a problem with the firestorm pillars missing her, so when it came time to hide behind the obstacles to fight her legitimately, I'd just always get sniped by one of the magic attacks from the distance that'd one-shot me.
yeah I don't use magic for that one past new game. I use the ring of magical dullness and the dark silver shield and twat her with the northern regalia sword. Second chance spell helps ofc.

Grinchy

Banned
yeah I don't use magic for that one past new game. I use the ring of magical dullness and the dark silver shield and twat her with the northern regalia sword. Second chance spell helps ofc.
For some reason I just like making very rigid builds and forcing myself through the problems that comes from them lol

For some reason I just like making very rigid builds and forcing myself through the problems that comes from them lol
Well if you are going to use all 3 items to boost magic and weaken your magical defence you sure are doing that fight the hard way lol. I tried it once and even 2nd chance didn't save me. I was dead before I could recast it.

Grinchy

Banned
Well if you are going to use all 3 items to boost magic and weaken your magical defence you sure are doing that fight the hard way lol. I tried it once and even 2nd chance didn't save me. I was dead before I could recast it.
I finally managed it, but yeah what is normally a very easy fight became quite challenging! But that's ok with me because normally challenging fights with this build become trivial with one-shot firestorms lol

finish... i felt i was OP.

i did 1-1, 1-2,1-3 then the fire one 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4. // all dificult and took time
After i finish the swamp one, then the jail one. // pretty easy, no deal.
back open 1-4 (boss)
back for all 5-1,5-2,5-3 // this one was super easy, half day
finaly i kill blue dragon and boss. (around 400 arrows)

Class, wanderer.
I use the same sword and shield i got from the beginning and no magic.

Lost almost one week or more at level 1 and 2.
Some times i spent full day at 1-3 going back killing knight, save souls and level up character and armor. After that almost all enemies took max 3 hit to kill.

my stats were all into Vitalilty, Dex and Staminta (if i remember well, 30,32,32 )

My biggest lost was 100k souls at 1-4 boss. :(

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
You guys notice that the activity cards seem to do nothing? Like you can select a specific game level, but instead of loading you into it, it just gives you a normal boot up to the main menu.

Also, 7.7GB patch just started for me.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Lol exactly what happened to me last night. Made me rage quit.

Every boss goes down in one hit with firestorm evenon ng+ but she took it like a champ and then the rest ganged up on me.

McHuj

Got the Platinum Trophy! Had to go to NG++ since I fucked up the world tendencies on my first playthrough. Fantastic game. My character kind of ended up being a mishmash of stats so a little suboptimal, but nothing the dragonstone smasher couldn't solve. love that thing.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Ok after a while I really forgot about this character.

ostrava of boletaria, how did he die? I really liked him and found him interesting but fuck I only found a key in his place and there is no body or anything.. could it be someone inside who killed him while I was away? If there is an explanation up ahead then don’t tell me

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Ok after a while I really forgot about this character.

ostrava of boletaria, how did he die? I really liked him and found him interesting but fuck I only found a key in his place and there is no body or anything.. could it be someone inside who killed him while I was away? If there is an explanation up ahead then don’t tell me
Did you freed Yurt from the cage in 3-2? if you did, he will start killing most of the NPCs in Nexus.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Negatives of the new patch:
- still can't delete characters
- invasions no longer ignore level range with password
-blue signs in latria with password now are summoned for Old Monk boss fight, making co-op in Latria basically impossible if you are within the area average soul level.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Did you freed Yurt from the cage in 3-2? if you did, he will start killing most of the NPCs in Nexus.

fucking asshole I knew there is something fishy about him. Oh god what have I done, now I feel lonely whenever I visit the Nexus

Where can I find him ? I wanna kill the bastard

edit :

Found him

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Well shit. I used the Northern Regalia on PBCT. I killed an invader so now its power is diminished. I don't like this weapon. You have to maintain tendency. So either you can't kill bosses or kill invaders/black phantoms/primeval demons, or you can't invade yourself if your tendency is pure white.
You guys notice that the activity cards seem to do nothing? Like you can select a specific game level, but instead of loading you into it, it just gives you a normal boot up to the main menu.

Also, 7.7GB patch just started for me.

You can use them from the main menu and it loads up different archstones. But its clearly not as intended.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Oh shit this feels really good.. I was so mad when I saw everyone being killed in Nexus so I searched for Yurt and found him .. when he reached this line “ I killed everybody and one left “ I couldn’t make him complete the sentence so I just fucked him up but .. the fucker said just before he dies “ mephistopheles was right about you .. “

What did he mean by that?

Ar¢tos

Oh shit this feels really good.. I was so mad when I saw everyone being killed in Nexus so I searched for Yurt and found him .. when he reached this line “ I killed everybody and one left “ I couldn’t make him complete the sentence so I just fucked him up but .. the fucker said just before he dies “ mephistopheles was right about you .. “

What did he mean by that?
Mephistopheles is an NPC that only appears if you free him from the cage and have pure black character tendency. She asks you to kill NPCs.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I think at this point that I just find the 4-3 boss annoying. I'm on my "I get one-shot by anything sneezing in my direction" mage character in NG+ and this dumb boss always hits me with one single projectile no matter how many times I stand in the proper safe spot. And it's always when it's on the last hit or 2. It's just such a long and annoying slog of a "boss fight" when you've already done it a dozen times.

Last edited:
I think at this point that I just find the 4-3 boss annoying. I'm on my "I get one-shot by anything sneezing in my direction" mage character in NG+ and this dumb boss always hits me with one single projectile no matter how many times I stand in the proper safe spot. And it's always when it's on the last hit or 2. It's just such a long and annoying slog of a "boss fight" when you've already done it a dozen times.
If you go in that ruined building and stand up against the wall facing it it shouldn't hit you at all. Also as a mage if you use soul spear and the monks collar + ring of magical sharpness + kris blade +5 it goes down in like 3 hits. You can take it out in a single pass if you get the lock on quick enough. Or you can using the talisman of beasts at 30/30 anyway. I just nuked the thing on new game +4 in 1 pass as it came back over from direction of the fog gate.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
If you have pure black character tendency and killed Yurt right after you freed him from cage, Mephistopheles will appear at second floor in Nexus and basically gives you Yurt's job.

Oh .. as I said before never met her and I already killed yurt after he confessed that he killed all humans not demons.

Danjin44

Oh .. as I said before never met her and I already killed yurt after he confessed that he killed all humans not demons.
No, you need to kill him right after you free him from the cage. After you open the cage for him, attack and kill his ass.

ToadMan

I think I'm one of the few people out there that has absolutely no interest in the online segment of this game. I never called for help and I bailed the one time I forgot to suicide in the Nexus and I was invaded while farming 4-2. Fuck that shit.

But if you're killed by another player you end up in the same state as killing yourself.

You may as well just let them kill you because quite often though invaders will be polite and drop some gift for you before getting to the fighting. Other times they'll drop a gift and just leave.

It's not a big deal to be invaded - no worse than fighting a black phantom. It's not like there's voice chat or extra loss inflicted because you died to a player.

Danjin44

I’m same as you, I always prefer play soul series alone.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
No, you need to kill him right after you free him from the cage. After you open the cage for him, attack and kill his ass.

Yeah I know but it’s already late the fucker killed many, that’s why I killed him. I know I should do it earlier but fuck me I felt something abnormal when I rescued him tbh

KNIGHT FOR HIRE.

just started a new game to get some online trophies and am looking to help people defeat bosses. i am STR build soul level 18 and just killed Tower Knight. let me know if you need help with a boss! otherwise i will probably camp out here to help people with TK during the day in between sessions of Cyberpunk 2077.

also here are some more photo mode images from this gorgeous game. <3 this game so much. worth buying a PS5.

tmG2a1T.jpg

IbKYnBc.jpg

Bjm8g5f.jpg

7IB2k7L.jpg

GJcJ1ZS.jpg

V1kXhLA.jpg

Best looking game of all time.

Holy shit managed to beat the Armored Spider while playing solo in second attempt at the boss, playing as Mage, but used the scimitar sword weapon :D this game is so good man, second playthrough is so much more gratifying.

Grinchy

Banned
If you go in that ruined building and stand up against the wall facing it it shouldn't hit you at all. Also as a mage if you use soul spear and the monks collar + ring of magical sharpness + kris blade +5 it goes down in like 3 hits. You can take it out in a single pass if you get the lock on quick enough. Or you can using the talisman of beasts at 30/30 anyway. I just nuked the thing on new game +4 in 1 pass as it came back over from direction of the fog gate.
For some reason I have never, in the PS3 or PS5 version, ever veered away from the spot in the rocks right near where the zone starts. It was so inconsistent (at least in this version). But that little ruined building was so much better.

I also never attempted to hit it with anything other than the sword from the level...so yeah my overpowered mage blasting away melted right through him.

Also, either the newest patch fixed the memory slot glitch (where you can unequip the ring and still keep the spells in those slots anyway) or I just started getting really unlucky with it.

Top Bottom