• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

I have a question about leveling my Royal. Bear with me I'm a noob and I've only cleared 1-1 and 1-2. What is the best way to level for PvE? I've enjoyed using the Soul Arrow to get me threw tight spots, but is it best to go magic or faith?
Is there a way to go both? Or will i be screwed if I even level my character instead of focusing on one?
I'm interested in using Melee and Bow also if I can, but not sure which way to go.

brentech

Proposed Law said:
I have a question about leveling my Royal. Bear with me I'm a noob and I've only cleared 1-1 and 1-2. What is the best way to level for PvE? I've enjoyed using the Soul Arrow to get me threw tight spots, but is it best to go magic or faith?
Is there a way to go both? Or will i be screwed if I even level my character instead of focusing on one?
I'm interested in using Melee and Bow also if I can, but not sure which way to go.
I basically used them all for my first playthrough. As long as you're just doing pve, there is no harm in it. Probably have to create another char for pvp if you indend to that as well at some point.
My character was kept fairly even for the pve stuff.

thcsquad

RedSwirl said:
Okay, just rented this and killed my first demon (Phalanx). How much more is there to the game? Is it just getting through the five other locations linked through the statues and killing their respective demons?

Yes, but each world has five subworlds/levels (not sure of the nomenclature), each with their own. So you killed 1-1, and there's still a 1-2,...,1-5. Same for the other four worlds. So the game is gigantic.

brentech said:
I basically used them all for my first playthrough. As long as you're just doing pve, there is no harm in it. Probably have to create another char for pvp if you indend to that as well at some point.
My character was kept fairly even for the pve stuff.
Thanks, I just didn't want to hurt myself against future bosses going one way or the other. Good to know.

Sleepy

I am farming souls to, hopefully, repair the crap stat choices I have made so far for my Royal character. What are some recommended stat levels for a first play-through? Is there a cut off point for any stats? I guess what I am asking is, how much is too much on any one stat for a first run? Thanks.

oracrest

Help Me! said:
I am farming souls to, hopefully, repair the crap stat choices I have made so far for my Royal character. What are some recommended stat levels for a first play-through? Is there a cut off point for any stats? I guess what I am asking is, how much is too much on any one stat for a first run? Thanks.

Just have fun increasing what you would like your character to improve on.

At least your defense goes up universally no matter what stats you choose. I just winged it my first playthrough, and all was good. I was a fighter, and stuck to mostly stamina, strength, and strength.

sublimit

Banned
Help Me! said:
I think I need to put this game down for a while. I have died 10 times during the second stage of Shine of Storms, by either falling, being pushed, surrounded (even though I carefully tried to avoid it by walking slow, luring enemies, etc.), or the worst of all, killed by the third Reaper after I killed him but he managed to get a shot off that went through my shield. My blood pressure is probably off the charts right now; all I can see is red. Fuck this game.

If it makes you feel better 4-2 was the most frustrating part of the whole game for me too lol.I just runned avoiding most of the shadowlurkers (but i did kill the last reaper.)The place after that is a bit tricky but it's more easy than the area with the shadowlurkers.And the 4-2 boss is quite easy if you have poison cloud and the thieves ring (yeah i know it's a "cheap" way to fight him but i wouldn't risk going through the 4-2 hell ever again.)

Anyway i was wondering do we know how many copies the game shipped worldwide?Atlus recently said that the game shipped around 500.000 units in North America alone so could it be possible that it shipped 1 million units worldwide?If it did i think this it's by far the most successful From Software game ever...right?

oracrest

4-2 was a bottleneck for me too.

At first it was
because I didn't have the thief's ring, and would get shot by the mantas

then it was
because that level in particular, you have to be really careful once you get into the cavern after the two gold skeletons. A lot of one hit deaths between there and the boss

sublimit said:
Anyway i was wondering do we know how many copies the game shipped worldwide?Atlus recently said that the game shipped around 500.000 units in North America alone so could it be possible that it shipped 1 million units worldwide?If it did i think this it's by far the most successful From Software game ever...right?

wow 500k in USA alone? that's damn good, it has to be close to a million or maybe even over, when adding Europe and Japan to that figure.

things are looking good for Dark Souls, there's no way it won't break a million, might even do it on both platforms. From Software really deserve to have a really succesful series, so here's hoping...

Sleepy

Zoe said:
4-2 is really easy if you know all the sniping spots.

Do tell...

Sublimit: You can just run through the level?!

Did a short run through of 4-2 and didn't make it past the third Reaper.

Also, I am having a devil of a time with the 1-4 boss. I killed the blue dragon (fucking finally), but every time I have to run through that level to get to the
False King
, I wind up getting wrecked by all the stupid hard enemies. The cheap way to kill the 1-4 boss, described by the wiki
don't move after the fog and blast him with arrows, and I am doing 50 points of damage
doesn't work for me
he keeps getting pushed out of range before I can kill him; I don't even take his life bar halfway down
. I really am taking a break for a few days. :)

Zoe

Help Me! said:
Do tell...

Snipe point 1:
Kill the ghost thing on the right first then shoot from the edge of the walkway right in front of the entrance

Snipe point 2:
kill the closest ghost thingy and then stand in its default spot. Turn back towards the entrance and the reaper will be right below that

Snipe point 3:
where the second reaper was, third one's right across the room

Sleepy

Thanks for those snipe spots. I'll test them out next time I play. Just so I am clear on the purpose: You snipe the reapers from the level above?

Is it better to melee the 1-4 boss, astro?

MMaRsu

I put this game back in the down low for now.. why?

I was doing 5-1.. and got about 15000 souls or something? I killed the first boss and went on to 5-2. After awhile I got killed but a big ass dude with a club, but I was in the water getting hurt and I couldn't run or dodge, so that's why I could NOT avoid his club attacks. SO annoying really.

Second time I went back into the swamp, and got a little further. I killed the first big guy and got my souls back. Then I came onto a bit of ground but there are TWO big fuckers with clubs! SHIT. I kill the first one! WOOHOO. While rolling around to avoid the other big dude's attacks, I roll my stupid ass into the water and get killed once more.

So now I still have 20.000 souls laying there, but I'm scared to go back.

astroturfing said:
wow 500k in USA alone? that's damn good, it has to be close to a million or maybe even over, when adding Europe and Japan to that figure.

things are looking good for Dark Souls, there's no way it won't break a million, might even do it on both platforms. From Software really deserve to have a really succesful series, so here's hoping...

Last I heard ( read it in Edge I think ), it sould ( haha ) about 20.000 in Europe.

oracrest

MMaRsu said:
I put this game back in the down low for now.. why?

I was doing 5-1.. and got about 15000 souls or something? I killed the first boss and went on to 5-2. After awhile I got killed but a big ass dude with a club, but I was in the water getting hurt and I couldn't run or dodge, so that's why I could NOT avoid his club attacks. SO annoying really.

Second time I went back into the swamp, and got a little further. I killed the first big guy and got my souls back. Then I came onto a bit of ground but there are TWO big fuckers with clubs! SHIT. I kill the first one! WOOHOO. While rolling around to avoid the other big dude's attacks, I roll my stupid ass into the water and get killed once more.

So now I still have 20.000 souls laying there, but I'm scared to go back.

Last I heard ( read it in Edge I think ), it sould ( haha ) about 20.000 in Europe.

If your exploring a world for the first time, you shouldn't concern yourself with souls. Don't even consider them, unless you have enough to level up.

MMaRsu

oracrest said:
If your exploring a world for the first time, you shouldn't concern yourself with souls. Don't even consider them, unless you have enough to level up.

What do you mean, of course I consider 20.000 souls a decent amount, it's enough for one level up right now. If I can get the bloodstain and make it back that's good enough for me. But I don't even know if that's possible once you're in the swamp.

In 5-1 I didn't concern myself with souls but I want to do it as good as possible. I think I finished 5-1 in one go.

Also some tips for 4-2, I found that using a dragon sword or whatever it's called, fire type longsword works great. I found it in 3-2 I think. Upgraded it a bunch, and it's amazing. Almost three hit kills the ghosts found in 4-2 ( they stagger with each hit though ). Reapers are gone within seconds.

Sleepy

I lost 300,000+ souls today during a farming run in 4-2 (Adjudicator's Keystone); I thought I was going to have a fucking heart attack. Completely and totally my fault, too.

I'll check for that sword MMaRsu. Thanks.

MMaRsu

Help Me! said:
I lost 300,000+ souls today during a farming run in 4-2 (Adjudicator's Keystone); I thought I was going to have a fucking heart attack. Completely and totally my fault, too.

I'll check for that sword MMaRsu. Thanks.

How do you get 300,000+ souls in 4-2 ? haha that seems crazy man

I mean just go kill all the ghosts/reapers/skeletons and restart or what?

lol 5-2, good luck, certainly is not a level you'll should care about souls.Is easy to get lost, the giant guys are deadly if you aren't on firm earth (well they're deadly no matter what), the poison. You can open a shortcurt...but it's almost at the end of the level.

I think you almost passed the worst part, you have to kill "only" 3 giant guys (well there's another 4 in a single little island...you want to avoid that), the rest of the level is way more easy, try to follow the main path (which it isn't easy, I know),you can get the treasure in further runs (I got almost all the treasure the first time, so I can forget about the awful place), once you reach the wooden structures (3 fog gate) is more easy, but try not to get too confident, game likes to punish you when you do. :lol

Either way, if you loss the souls don't be sad, you can easily farm 20k in 4-2 for example....

Also 1-4 is way possible to melee, but you definetly need the right timing to avoid his attacks, which the first times can be rather hard, once you do is not that hard also it give you plenty of room to heal yourself, something that Motherfucker killing machine called Flamelurker isn't so nice to give....

MMaRsu said:
How do you get 300,000+ souls in 4-2 ? haha that seems crazy man

I mean just go kill all the ghosts/reapers/skeletons and restart or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k95EOiFiLw

(Only in NG+ and after)

Sleepy

Kill the manta, then the two ghosts, then the reaper; run off the edge and die, restart at the keystone, grab the bloodstain, and do it all over again. Only one loading screen as opposed to two. It took me about an hour or so. I died and then I lost all the souls when I accidentally fell off the ledge at the beginning when I tried to kill the manta. I hadn't grabbed the bloodstain yet.

I had no trouble with the Flamelurker.

Help Me! said:
Kill the manta, then the two ghosts, then the reaper; run off the edge and die, restart at the keystone, grab the bloodstain, and do it all over again. Only one loading screen as opposed to two. It took me about an hour or so. I died and then I lost all the souls when I accidentally fell off the ledge at the beginning when I tried to kill the manta. I hadn't grabbed the bloodstain yet.

I had no trouble with the Flamelurker.

Well, I had a lot until I began using the thief ring to hide from him. Without him, he's a relentless killing machine, powerful, fast and he dosn't give you room to breath...

(he also could kill me in 2 hits in NG+, and that's counting second chance...)

MMaRsu

Relaxed Muscle said:
lol 5-2, good luck, certainly is not a level you'll should care about souls.Is easy to get lost, the giant guys are deadly if you aren't on firm earth (well they're deadly no matter what), the poison. You can open a shortcurt...but it's almost at the end of the level.

I think you almost passed the worst part, you have to kill "only" 3 giant guys (well there's another 4 in a single little island...you want to avoid that), the rest of the level is way more easy, try to follow the main path (which it isn't easy, I know),you can get the treasure in further runs (I got almost all the treasure the first time, so I can forget about the awful place), once you reach the wooden structures (3 fog gate) is more easy, but try not to get too confident, game likes to punish you when you do. :lol

Either way, if you loss the souls don't be sad, you can easily farm 20k in 4-2 for example....

Also 1-4 is way possible to melee, but you definetly need the right timing to avoid his attacks, which the first times can be rather hard, once you do is not that hard also it give you plenty of room to heal yourself, something that Motherfucker killing machine called Flamelurker isn't so nice to give....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k95EOiFiLw

(Only in NG+ and after)

Yeah 5-2 is just scary as shit really haha. I killed a shitload of those slug creatures by the way, and got a treasure for it. And a bunch of suckerstones! Don't really have a use for those yet but ok. I'll deposit those with my main man.

I think I know where the shortcut is by the way, it's right before you jump down into the swamp, but instead you go right and there's a bridge like structure ahead. But it's up and I assume you can lower it from the near end of the level like you said?

Either way, I hate those big guys. They are really tricky and hit really fast if you get stuck in the water, no matter what you do you will die. I know I can farm about 20.000 souls in 4-1 and 4-2 easy, but it's a matter of principle :p. I want that shit back!

MMaRsu said:
Yeah 5-2 is just scary as shit really haha. I killed a shitload of those slug creatures by the way, and got a treasure for it. And a bunch of suckerstones! Don't really have a use for those yet but ok. I'll deposit those with my main man.

I think I know where the shortcut is by the way, it's right before you jump down into the swamp, but instead you go right and there's a bridge like structure ahead. But it's up and I assume you can lower it from the near end of the level like you said?

Either way, I hate those big guys. They are really tricky and hit really fast if you get stuck in the water, no matter what you do you will die. I know I can farm about 20.000 souls in 4-1 and 4-2 easy, but it's a matter of principle :p. I want that shit back!

Exactly, there's a path that will lead you to that bridge and you can lower it.

And I feel your pain, I hate those ugly assholes, warding can be your best friend, if you have it....otherwise...well, good luck.

brentech

Yea...about the Giant Depraved Ones. I've completed NG+3, and have never taken them on via melee. lol

Call me a coward, but they smashed me in early on and I just always avoided from there out. I either range them, or just go way out of the way to avoid them. I pretty much never kill the first one in the level (where you would be entering your first fog from a ground level plank that starts to go up).

You can walk by all of them in 5-2 by some means.
5-1, not so much, but you can run back to find a place to shoot from range, and one of them you can just keep shooting....so long as you don't kill the depraved one in front of him first (he blocks the giant's path).

Sleepy

MMaRsu said:
but it's a matter of principle :p. I want that shit back!

That's the thing about sticking to principles with this game; it doesn't give a fuck about yours. And will stomp the shit out of you for having them. It's like throwing good money after bad in a lot of cases. I have learned to just take my lumps and move on. lol

brentech said:
Yea...about the Giant Depraved Ones. I've completed NG+3, and have never taken them on via melee. lol

Call me a coward, but they smashed me in early on and I just always avoided from there out. I either range them, or just go way out of the way to avoid them. I pretty much never kill the first one in the level (where you would be entering your first fog from a ground level plank that starts to go up).

5-1, not so much, but you can run back to find a place to shoot from range, and one of them you can just keep shooting....so long as you don't kill the depraved one in front of him first (he blocks the giant's path).

lol I have to admit I did the same in NG+.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Meleeing Giant Depraved ones is fun. I upgraded both Steel Shield and Purple Flame Shield to +10. The guard break reduction of 80+ will absorb their hits without guard breaking you. From there it's Ignite or Firestorm to OHKO them. If you circle left quickly and close enough, you can get directly behind one during their attack animation.

oracrest

MMaRsu said:
What do you mean, of course I consider 20.000 souls a decent amount, it's enough for one level up right now. If I can get the bloodstain and make it back that's good enough for me. But I don't even know if that's possible once you're in the swamp.

In 5-1 I didn't concern myself with souls but I want to do it as good as possible. I think I finished 5-1 in one go.

Also some tips for 4-2, I found that using a dragon sword or whatever it's called, fire type longsword works great. I found it in 3-2 I think. Upgraded it a bunch, and it's amazing. Almost three hit kills the ghosts found in 4-2 ( they stagger with each hit though ). Reapers are gone within seconds.

In regards to those souls, you probably have an extra item that allows you to go back to the Nexus from anywhere in a level. Use one of those.

What I am trying to say is that when you explore a new level, more often than not, you are going to gain souls, and lose them as you learn that level, and get killed. Don't worry about it all that much. Learning the level layout, and all the traps and whatnot is a valuable gain in and of itself. If you have a good amount of souls, spend a few minutes farming so you can gain a level, and THEN go into an area to explore.

Try and think of leveling, and exploring as two different things altogether.

My main point is that souls aren't that hard to recoup. 9 times out of 10, it just feels like it has taken an eternity to collect however many you have because you have been cautiously playing the game, and SLOWLY gaining souls. To put effort into just gaining souls for the purposes of leveling, you should be able to farm that much in about 15 minutes. About the same time it would take to get to your bloodstain in most cases.

2AdEPT

brentech said:

Yep, I if I feel like a challenge I will enage them, but if I don't firestorm works well, or if am Ephemeral eye stone farming on higher levels, the giants are easily run away from after a backstab, as long as you HOLD the circle button (if you press it and release you will balk in the water and will die by clubbing) and have thief ring on. IN orderto avoid them completely you mUST have thief ring on or cloak spell cast:

First one, just go right of the main path (or left, but left can have its own surprise attack from the meat clever guy) I suggest right. FOllow the boarded perimeter all the way to the fog gate entrance...loop back tow or three steps on to the island (you will be behind the GIna t and he can't see you) then just turn to the right and go through fog.

second group (just after slugs) range kill the purple poison guy (as he will get in your way potentially and is an easy kill from range); then just head right WAAAAY out into the swamp, keeping the fog gate in view, or at least remembering what direction it is, then come back alongthe perimeter SLOWLY as not to draw attention...if they do see you they will follow youin tothe next level and club you and if you accidentally hit the vender she never forgives you.

third group on island....if you don't need ephemeral eye stones, just don't go there and they aren't a prob.

I enjoy getting the short cut open and farming faintstones or marrowstones if needed. bUt the short-cut pretty much requires you to be ableto get through the whole level on the main path at least once...so don]t think it will help you avoid any part of the level the firsttime through....its only good for coming back.....you can try to run through and avoid the giant enemies as above etc. but this is not as easy as just taking your time and shooting all the smaller depraved ones with arrows with theif ring on..... easier on the heart.

Grinchy

Banned
cj_iwakura said:
Getting PWWT in World 2 to get Rydell's ring is going to be a pain. :(
Getting PWWT is my biggest annoyance in the game, especially since I try to play games without a guide. Demon's Souls is the kind of game I enjoy using a guide for, but even once you figure out how to change world tendency on purpose, you could very easily already be in a position where you have to just wait until the next playthrough.

I don't dislike the way it's set up, but if I had to point to one thing in the game that I would say was annoying, it was changing world tendency towards white.

2AdEPT

Grinchy said:
Getting PWWT is my biggest annoyance in the game, especially since I try to play games without a guide. Demon's Souls is the kind of game I enjoy using a guide for, but even once you figure out how to change world tendency on purpose, you could very easily already be in a position where you have to just wait until the next playthrough.

I don't dislike the way it's set up, but if I had to point to one thing in the game that I would say was annoying, it was changing world tendency towards white.
It does take a little planning, but it is not difficult to ensure you are playing offline before entering the nexus. THat's it...one rule to live by and the worst is that you have to restart the game each time you change from online to off in order to sign in (measn tkaing a bathroom break or a snack break.) I am torn on this topic because I understand that WORLD tendency best be truly based on the WOLRD average while playing online...this is nonmyopic and reality based thinking whoch I noramlly support.....but admittedly, trying to wait for an invading black phantom to kill quickly when there are none is annoying and mistakenly forgetting to go offline before the nexus (worst is on world one when you want the gate open for Mirlada's armor or the Colourless demons soul there) ....is annoying.

I fyou have time to kill doing a certain level as a blue you will change your WT to white by killing invading black phantom's.....more so if you deal the final blow, but I think you even get half the migration if the host or another blue do them in....so waiting for another playthrough is not entirely necessary....as long as you enjoy the level you are doing.....and NEVER enter the nexus online. Admittedly there are fewer multiplayer opportunites in world 5.

2AdEPT

Help Me! said:
Do tell...

Sublimit: You can just run through the level?!

QUOTE]

Yep. THief ring as always, and perhaps the dark silver, or dark heater shield in one hand and rune shield in off hand (just holding rune shield gives you 60 extra magic resistance.) THe idea is to be able to block or even take a hit from the initial ghost who puts that beam out at you. There is barely enough room to run around them on the ledge so killing htese ghosts is optional....but not necesary to kill reapers. THe thrid reaper is difficult to fool and he will shoot down the stairs at you and kill you 2 out of 3 times if you jsut run standing up....but if you dodge and roll continuously with thief on you can run through past this third reaper.....I have done it when I wanted to rejoin multiplayer for the old hero in a hurry and it worked....normally if I am not wanting to take my time I bring firestorm.

YEs indeed the fire weapons (any dragon weapon) is usully the best weapon for world 4...the skeletons, adjuticator, and the reapers are all extremely sensitive to fire. Even flame toss does better than soul ray (IIRC, but certainly better than soul arrow.)

patsu

You can kill all the reapers with arrows.

Reaper 1 is easy since he's open.

Reaper 2 can be shot from the stairs where you meet the glowing being that fires a beam at you.

To get Reaper 3 to spawn, you have to kill the first invisible female near Reaper 2, run past the other (2?) invisible monster(s) and exit to the cliffside on the other end. Then backtrack. Basically, re-enter the cave and go back to the stairs where you killed Reaper 2 and the glowing monster. Look at the opposite end of the room, you'll see Reaper 3 inside the corridor. Shoot him with arrow.

Rawk Hawk

oracrest said:
In regards to those souls, you probably have an extra item that allows you to go back to the Nexus from anywhere in a level. Use one of those.

What I am trying to say is that when you explore a new level, more often than not, you are going to gain souls, and lose them as you learn that level, and get killed. Don't worry about it all that much. Learning the level layout, and all the traps and whatnot is a valuable gain in and of itself. If you have a good amount of souls, spend a few minutes farming so you can gain a level, and THEN go into an area to explore.

Try and think of leveling, and exploring as two different things altogether.

My main point is that souls aren't that hard to recoup. 9 times out of 10, it just feels like it has taken an eternity to collect however many you have because you have been cautiously playing the game, and SLOWLY gaining souls. To put effort into just gaining souls for the purposes of leveling, you should be able to farm that much in about 15 minutes. About the same time it would take to get to your bloodstain in most cases.
Couldn't agree more. The biggest mistake anyone can make is worrying about lost souls. Because it's going to keep happening over and over, and sooner or later you'll go crazy and quit the game. Learning the level is more important than any souls lost doing so.

Nakiro

Giant Depraved ones are actually really slow so they are easy to dodge, as long as you are on solid ground. If you are stuck in the water, better luck next time.

oracrest

Nakiro said:
Giant Depraved ones are actually really slow so they are easy to dodge, as long as you are on solid ground. If you are stuck in the water, better luck next time.

I have learned that mashing down the run button, you can usually get out of the swing in time. It's just when you tap it that you're screwed.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I've never had trouble getting PWWT. Other than World 4, the World Tendency online is usually white(ish) on the U.S. servers. One boss kill is usually enough to make it PWWT. Just log out before going back to the Nexus after killing the boss to not risk it.

Zoe

How difficult is it to get to character full white? I've been playing offline ever since the New Year event, so I already have all the PWWT events down.

How about going all the way from PWWT to PBWT?

bone_and_sinew said:
I've never had trouble getting PWWT. Other than World 4, the World Tendency online is usually white(ish) on the U.S. servers. One boss kill is usually enough to make it PWWT. Just log out before going back to the Nexus after killing the boss to not risk it.

nah one boss kill will make the archstone look a little whiter from neutral, but it is not enough for PWWT. Killing all the bosses in a world without dying (yeah right) or suiciding in the nexus each time you kill a boss should do it though.

Zoe said:
How difficult is it to get to character full white? I've been playing offline ever since the New Year event, so I already have all the PWWT events down.

How about going all the way from PWWT to PBWT?

if you want PWCT the best way is to log online and kill 3 black phantoms online who are invading. Otherwise you will have to kill all 5 named black phantoms in all the worlds which is a HUGE pain in the ass, especially if you have done anything to alter your character tendency already, in which case it would take you 2 playthroughs of killing the 5 named BP's, which requires PBWT in all the levels.

way way waaaaaay easier to just hop online for a bit and get it. or if you just want the friends ring for the achievement, just ask a neogaffer who has one to let you hold it or something.

Vitten

JackSmithy said:
if you want PWCT the best way is to log online and kill 3 black phantoms online who are invading. Otherwise you will have to kill all 5 named black phantoms in all the worlds which is a HUGE pain in the ass, especially if you have done anything to alter your character tendency already, in which case it would take you 2 playthroughs of killing the 5 named BP's, which requires PBWT in all the levels.

way way waaaaaay easier to just hop online for a bit and get it. or if you just want the friends ring for the achievement, just ask a neogaffer who has one to let you hold it or something.

A little known fact about PWCT is that you also gain 5% each time you beat a boss together with a blue phantom and help him regain his body.
Not much compared to the 25% you gain for beating an invading BP or 20 % for each named BP but if you can consistently do this for each boss battle you can get PWCT halfway NG+ without ever facing a single BP

oracrest

Zoe said:
Hmm... I've only run into two named BP's... does that include the ones that appear in PBWT?

Yeah, all named Black Phantoms count. You run into some in both white and black world tendency. Also, your character tendency carries over into further games, so you can use that to get your character there.

Djin1979

I bought the game yesterday, The best $17 i've ever spent ! It took me 3 or 4 hours to complete the first stage (class : temple knight : i hit the walls more than the foes, i suck badly at this game), i love it so far, few dialogues, great ambiance, no teenager characters... it doesn't look like a regular Jrpg at all and that's fresh.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Djin1979 said:
I bought the game yesterday, The best $17 i've ever spent ! It took me 3 or 4 hours to complete the first stage (class : temple knight : i hit the walls more than the foes, i suck badly at this game), i love it so far, few dialogues, great ambiance, no teenager characters... it doesn't look like a regular Jrpg at all and that's fresh.

It really sucks that you're being forced to play the game offline, with PSN being down. The online component of the game is really one of the best parts. =/

Eccocid

Seraphis Cain said:
It really sucks that you're being forced to play the game offline, with PSN being down. The online component of the game is really one of the best parts. =/

Yeah...i wanna summon some blue phantoms to help me clear 3-1 ..i hate 3-1 always get lost and killed by those octo mouth things bohohoho...

2 years ago when game came out first timei got asian version and played as a thief hehe it was very difficult. After finishing it once without any guides i sold it. And those wiki pages started to appear and i realized how much i missed in the game.
Last week i got EU version . Now started as Royalty ...whoa its basically easy mode after playing as a thief..

Sleepy

I finally put down the False King today (that dirty son of a bitch), and I beat 4-2 (which really wasn't that difficult at all; I have no idea what my problem was with that stage) and the Storm King yesterday. I only have the Tower of Latria and the * * Defilement left. After hearing all the horror stories, I need to farm souls before I am ready for those, though.

I killed some creature in 4-2 that moved my world tendency from pure black to neutral...It was off to the side of the stage's beginning. I didn't even realize what I had done until I went back to the Nexus and happened to check. Strange.

Top Bottom