• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Apdiddy

So is there anyway to do area 1-2 called Phalanx archstone? I thought someone told me months ago to do that next but the dragon always kills me on the bridge in the beginning. Ah I doing something wrong? I think I beat the first 3 bosses so far IIRC.

You basically have to run underneath the dragon flying over and take the tunnels underneath. When you reach a dead end and the merchant, go back up top. About the second archway to the castle is where you need to start running.

Also, don't use the heaviest armor set for this at all.

I'm at the end like I said in various threads....but King Allant. is. so. cheap. and.hard. I'm trying to level my HP so I'll at least be alive by the end of the battle and use Firestorm against him.

Don't forget about the run button, that is critical.

On each bridge section, there will be a pile of chard bodies on the ground, near where the dragon will swoop down. Wait there cautiously, and when the dragon swoops down, take off running after him, and don't worry about picking up any items.

Hmm, maybe I'm not timing it right then. Also there was something about a blue knight in the nexus by the monks that you talk to and help people fight bosses to get your body back? Or am I remembering incorrectly? I still can't find it and I'm online this time.

Edit: Thanks about the charred bodies. I was partially across the bridge in my saves from months ago and couldn't figure out how I got that far.

areal

I started this last night. Half of the messages say, "I need help, please recommend this message." What's that about?

Hmm, maybe I'm not timing it right then. Also there was something about a blue knight in the nexus by the monks that you talk to and help people fight bosses to get your body back? Or am I remembering incorrectly? I still can't find it and I'm online this time.

Edit: Thanks about the charred bodies. I was partially across the bridge in my saves from months ago and couldn't figure out how I got that far.

there are a few things you could be doing wrong. there is a run button, and you should use it. your armor may be too heavy or your endurance may be running out too quickly (you could be underleveled). there is a ring of flame resistance in 1-1 which would make this easier but its where the dragons roost and you could have trouble getting it (though if you pick it up and die, it stays in your inventory).

if you are having trouble getting past there, you could do other archstones and come back.

Pejo

Just needed to post and get a little complaining off of my chest.

Pure Bladestone just might be the worst thing i've ever had to farm, and that comes from an old time FFXI player. i've gotten to soul level 220ish from somewhere like 130ish JUST from farming the reapers/skellingtons. I will do it though, this game will be my first platinum.

*Edit* Just got one dropped from the black phantom black skeleton. Posting on GAF is good luck!

greyshark

So is there anyway to do area 1-2 called Phalanx archstone? I thought someone told me months ago to do that next but the dragon always kills me on the bridge in the beginning. Ah I doing something wrong? I think I beat the first 3 bosses so far IIRC.

If you're online, there are usually messages placed where it's safe to stand.

Just needed to post and get a little complaining off of my chest.

Pure Bladestone just might be the worst thing i've ever had to farm, and that comes from an old time FFXI player. i've gotten to soul level 220ish from somewhere like 130ish JUST from farming the reapers/skellingtons. I will do it though, this game will be my first platinum.

*Edit* Just got one dropped from the black phantom black skeleton. Posting on GAF is good luck!

congrats! took me about 7 hours of farming those skellies iirc

greyshark

Doesn't it also help if you level up your stats so you can take a couple of the dragon shots?

There's also Water Veil.

I wouldn't rely on that - but eventually you can survive one of his attacks. The easiest/quickest thing to do is just take off your armor and run.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Been playing this game since the Thanksgiving weekend Gamestop deal. I'm toying with fighting the 2-2 boss or the 3-1 boss but I don't know which one is easier.

I'm currently farming 2-1 and 2-2 for souls. I calculated that I get about 18000 souls per run giver or take.

I don't know why but it seems like every time I horde souls it's harder for enemies to kill me and I deal more damage. I thought it was the world tendency changing but I was able to rule that out.

Has anyone else noticed this when they horde souls?

Been playing this game since the Thanksgiving weekend Gamestop deal. I'm toying with fighting the 2-2 boss or the 3-1 boss but I don't know which one is easier.

I'm currently farming 2-1 and 2-2 for souls. I calculated that I get about 18000 souls per run giver or take.

I don't know why but it seems like every time I horde souls it's harder for enemies to kill me and I deal more damage. I thought it was the world tendency changing but I was able to rule that out.

the 3-1 boss is definitely easier than the 2-2 boss. the 2-2 boss may be the hardest in the game, depending on your build.

pretty sure you deal more damage in soul form. don't remember anything about taking less.

if you're interested in farming souls then i'd advise you to do 4-1 next, the regular enemies can be a bit tough (hint: use a blunt or magic weapon:) ) but the boss is pretty easy and in 4-2 you can get ~10,000 souls for a few seconds work, over and over again.

balddemon

Banned
So what do you get for taking a human's soul? Also is there a way to raise your equip burden so you can roll quickly in heavy armor? And where should I go after 1-1? I just beat it last night and feel like it doesn't matter but I don't want to go blundering in somewhere and get my butt kicked.

So what do you get for taking a human's soul? Also is there a way to raise your equip burden so you can roll quickly in heavy armor? And where should I go after 1-1? I just beat it last night and feel like it doesn't matter but I don't want to go blundering in somewhere and get my butt kicked.

You raise your equip burden by raising endurance, but it'll take a while to be able to roll in heavy armor with a sword and shield.

Not sure what you mean by "human soul", if you mean NPC's than nothing but some odd souls and loot, sometimes good though.

Go to either 1-2 or 2-1 after 1-1.

balddemon

Banned
You raise your equip burden by raising endurance, but it'll take a while to be able to roll in heavy armor with a sword and shield.

Not sure what you mean by "human soul", if you mean NPC's than nothing but some odd souls and loot, sometimes good though.

Go to either 1-2 or 2-1 after 1-1.

Sweet thanks.

In the video linked above, the dude invaded someones world and killed them and got a human's soul. That's what I meant.

one85x

Sweet thanks.

In the video linked above, the dude invaded someones world and killed them and got a human's soul. That's what I meant.
Heh, I don't think I've ever read the text under TARGET DESTROYED. It just means that he was revived to human form once he returned to his world.

balddemon

Banned
Well I've given up for the time being. That dragon in 1-2 is annoying as hell. Sometimes I survive without my resist fire ring, sometimes I die with it. Time for some games I can actually beat!

balddemon

Banned
Ok so I've beaten 1-1, 1-2, and 2-1. Where next? Currently in 3-1 but those things with the things on their heads are nuckin futs! I need some armor and an easy way to get souls...right now I am killing probalby the first 3 things then dying and repeating...kinda annoying if I die before reaching my bloodstain and obviously not the best way.

one85x

The best soul farming spot is in 4-2. If you have a blunt weapon like a club or mace, the skeletons in 4-1 shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Ok so I've beaten 1-1, 1-2, and 2-1. Where next? Currently in 3-1 but those things with the things on their heads are nuckin futs! I need some armor and an easy way to get souls...right now I am killing probalby the first 3 things then dying and repeating...kinda annoying if I die before reaching my bloodstain and obviously not the best way.

if you haven't already, do 4-1.

balddemon

Banned
Ok I'll try 4-1 and use the mace I started with or the Great Club I found...is it okay to upgrade it or will I find a better one quick? Are the shards easily farmed? I just don't wanna waste the items to upgrade.

EDIT: @ above, ok so 4-1 it is for sure then lol.

RedSwirl

Generally it's easiest to do all the -1's first: 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, and so-on. 2-1 isn't much harder but I found its boss incredibly hard. 4-1 is where people go to farm souls.

So far I've beaten 2-3 and 3-3 and am now about to start 4-2.

Ill Saint

If by the 'things with the things on their heads' you're talking about the squid headed mind flayers, try equiping the thieves ring and sneak up behind them for a backstab. You'll notice they have a set patrol route, so be patient.

I was just given this on Christmas by my brother (THANK YOU<3), and I wanted to know- should I be playing this online or is it okay to play offline?

My apartment's setup doesn't really lend itself to having my consoles connected, but I know there's lots of things like the blood stains and notes to see (assuming they're still up, I know atlas was planning on keeping it alive a while back). Should I go the extra mile for online or just stick to offline?

greyshark

I was just given this on Christmas by my brother (THANK YOU<3), and I wanted to know- should I be playing this online or is it okay to play offline?

My apartment's setup doesn't really lend itself to having my consoles connected, but I know there's lots of things like the blood stains and notes to see (assuming they're still up, I know atlas was planning on keeping it alive a while back). Should I go the extra mile for online or just stick to offline?
I always preferred online - in addition to the notes and bloodstains, being able to summon help on difficult bosses was handy. As you advance in the game, being able to help someone defeat a boss to get back your body is nice as well. Also invading other worlds can be tons of fun.

balddemon

Banned
Just beat 4-1, boss was pretty easy. That is also a good level to run through for souls haha - short and the monsters die in 1-2 hits (except those sneaky Black Skeletons, they take a few more than 2). And I like the Crescent Falchion even though my Magic is a bit low. Still pretty handy against the 4-1 boss. Guess I'll get a bunch of souls now...lol.

Jira

Beat 1-1 on xmas eve, 1 shot the boss there, 2 shot the boss in 4-1 tonight and 1 shot the boss in 3-1 tonight as well, gonna do 5-1 next. I take it the white WT is making things significantly easier? I'm playing a Solder for my first time ever playing and the -1 bosses aren't giving me as much trouble as I thought they would. It's also possible I'm overleveled and outgearing them at this point, SL35 with a Kilij +5, PFS +1, CLB +2.

Jira

HOLY CHRIST, just PvPd for the first time and DEAR GOD THAT WAS INTENSE. That some of the best PvP I've encountered in my life, my heart was going a mile a minute. Dark Souls will no doubt be my GOTY when I get around to it.

Jira

5-1 down, all that's left is 2-1. Got to the 2-1 boss in one go, was shooting it with arrows but it just regened, moved a bit to what I thought was a ramp and fell to my death. Blargh. 4:30am right now, will try again later today.

Jira

All -1 bosses are now down, Leechmonger was stupidly easy at this point. Now on to 1-2.

1-2 down, cheesed the entire fight.

i prefer playing online. the ghosts of other players you see make it feel less intimidating, and some people love the multiplayer aspects (i was in soul form almost the entire time so didnt participate much).

also, by playing online i was able to beat the leechmonger without getting hit
there is a spot on the bridge where you can fire a bow down at the leechmonger and if you can do damage quickly enough, as with the lava bow, the battle is a cakewalk

balddemon

Banned
i prefer playing online. the ghosts of other players you see make it feel less intimidating, and some people love the multiplayer aspects (i was in soul form almost the entire time so didnt participate much).

also, by playing online i was able to beat the leechmonger without getting hit
there is a spot on the bridge where you can fire a bow down at the leechmonger and if you can do damage quickly enough, as with the lava bow, the battle is a cakewalk

Yeah that's how I figured out to snipe the 2nd Reaper in 4-2

Jira

So I had my body back and I was standing in the nexus and I randomly died...are you not able to do this without dying because you have your body or was that a bug?

elohel

definitely online

Jira

Old Hero is down, 3 shot him. Maneater is down, got him on the 3rd try, the first two had me rolling off the damn bridge.

Big B

I almost forgot why I stopped playing this game a year ago. DAMN MANEATERS. I can't even cheese them with poison cloud. They would jump OVER the brazier and knock me down. And it's so dark that I can't see where the stairs are and would walk off.

I only had to play through all of Dark Souls, but this game is finally clicking for me. I wish I wouldn't have played them out of order though, DaS is a way prettier looking game :/

balddemon

Banned
This game is awesome! I just remembered about the blacksmith in 2-1 and so I went there to see what he could upgrade...got my Crescent Falchion to +4, now I'm going to hunt for Pure Darkmoonstone and Chunks of it. It does so much more damage than my Mace+3 lol. It's also pretty awesome that I can farm souls so easily on 4-2..almost 20k souls a run, but thats only 1 stat point lmfao it is getting so expensive. But I'm loving this game lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How is this thread not in community?

Not that I object, I love seeing it up here. But the Dark Souls threads were way more active and that game is still new. I just don't get it :O

Top Bottom