• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Seanspeed

Banned
It also means you are punished for surviving and exploring a whole level in one try if there are several weapons and armor sets to find, as you will be immediately overburdened when picking them up, and if you leave the level, they (or any item you drop to make room) will be gone forever.
Experienced this for the first time today.

Its bullshit and horrible. In Tower of Latria, first area, there's a few different armor sets to pick up but I ended up too filled up to pick up the full heavy armor set near the end. Ok, its annoying but I'll go back and drop off some stuff and come back. But nope. That shit was gone. Apparently if you even *try* and pick something up and leave, its gone forever.

Total bullshit.

Other than that, I'm having a blast. Honestly. This game is fucking awesome. I hate that's its on the PS3 though, cuz after playing Dark Souls on PC, this looks and feels so much worse. Shit would be monumental with a PC port at 1080p and 60fps.

To be honest, I hate item weight stuff in games, and this is no exception. I'm the type of guy who likes to get like 99 of every item in games or pick up everything that isn't nailed down. Item weight just adds a bit more busy work with dumping everything on the NPC in the Nexus and if I see that message "Unable to pick up item." I just get annoyed. It happened like 3 times in the mining world (2-2 especially) because so many of those enemies drop ores/shards/whatever and while they don't weigh a ton by themselves (usually between 0.3-0.5), that adds up quickly when you have like 20+ of them. So this is actually something I think Dark Souls improved upon. I do understand where you are coming from, but it's just an annoyance for me. xD

Also, I feel like I should have found some armor sets by now... I have my starting set and then I found one more after I died (ragged robes or whatever). I've done 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, and 2-2. But still no new armor sets. By now, I would have had like 5 armor sets in Dark Souls. I want new gearrrrrr. D; I think I explore pretty well, too. But it's possible I have missed some... I dunno.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I suggest you to put a decent amount of strength or dexterity (whatever you weapon of choice is) so you can dealt decent physical damage. 5-3 boss, if you fight them as it should, is highly resistant to magic.

That's bad advice. Terrible, even. He picked a royal, uses the crescent falchion, and has been pumping magic; he's obviously going for a magic build. He doesn't need strength or dex, those points will be wasted.

5-3 boss can be defeated easily with a non-scaling dragon weapon.
3 ripostes from the dragon longsword (found in 2-2 and upgraded with the dragonstone found across in Stonefang)
and he's dead. Not to mention, many of the spells deal fire damage, not magical, and this boss isn't particularly resistant to it.

Soraan, continue with your magic build. It can be very powerful, if you use a moon or crescent weapon upgraded to the max you can deal powerful magic-enchanted melee damage, and you have spells to fling too.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Experienced this for the first time today.

Its bullshit and horrible. In Tower of Latria, first area, there's a few different armor sets to pick up but I ended up too filled up to pick up the full heavy armor set near the end. Ok, its annoying but I'll go back and drop off some stuff and come back. But nope. That shit was gone. Apparently if you even *try* and pick something up and leave, its gone forever.

Total bullshit.
If you already played Dark Souls, you know that loot doesn't stay around if you warp from a bonfire to another or whatever, so why should that surprise you?

Besides heavy armour is crappy in that game anyway, and you should always carry the Herculean strength ring around for cases like that.

Shengar

That's bad advice. Terrible, even. He picked a royal, uses the crescent falchion, and has been pumping magic; he's obviously going for a magic build. He doesn't need strength or dex, those points will be wasted.

3 ripostes from the dragon longsword (found in 2-2 and upgraded with the dragonstone found across in Stonefang)
and he's dead. Not to mention, many of the spells deal fire damage, not magical, and this boss isn't particularly resistant to it.

Soraan, continue with your magic build. It can be very powerful, if you use a moon or crescent weapon upgraded to the max you can deal powerful magic-enchanted melee damage, and you have spells to fling too.

I don't remember that Fire is separate damage from magic, and I just remember that Dark Silver Armor have high resistance to magic >__<
It's almost two years since I plat my Demon's Souls and saved it for DaS 2

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Magic is most definitely different than fire. There's physical, fire (dragon weapons, fire spells, and the épée rapier), magical (moon weapon, blessed weapons, a few unique weapons, Light Weapon enchantment, and spells such as Soul Ray).

Oh, thanks for the info! I actually just picked up that Dragon Longsword+1 weapon last night from 2-2. Will definitely upgrade that later to prepare for 5-3. I didn't know that Fire damage was different from Magic either - good info. :)

Are there any stat caps for magic btw? I'm up to like 22 or 23 at the moment. I've been trying to divide my points between health, INT (for more magic slots/mp) and Magic so far. Oh and a little bit in Stamina.

Seanspeed

Banned
If you already played Dark Souls, you know that loot doesn't stay around if you warp from a bonfire to another or whatever, so why should that surprise you?

Besides heavy armour is crappy in that game anyway, and you should always carry the Herculean strength ring around for cases like that.
I'm talking about treasure, not enemy loot. In Dark Souls, its not even anything comes up because there's no inventory weight limit that would deny you the ability to pick something up.

I like collecting armor sets and I'll play whatever way I want to. I don't always just pick 'the best' stuff or ways to do things. Its part of the fun of the series for me.

Soriku

You basically have to be sure to dump lots of stuff before going to a level. You don't really need most everything. If you see yourself getting close to being overburdened and you're close to the entrance, just go back and put stuff away. If you do that you won't have problems if you got far in the area and don't want to go back.

It adds a bit of busy work, but it's not a big deal overall. Of course the way Dark Souls does it is better.

This might be a bit of a "newb" question, but since I didn't use magic very much in Dark Souls (just my Pyromancer glove), I don't have much experience with it here either. What is the best configuration for equiping the catalyst and any magic buffing weapons? Like I have a Kris blade that increases magic damage, I think. Should I put the Kris blade in the right hand and catalyst in the left hand? Or other way around? If I have to use a shield, wouldn't it be good to have the catalyst in the right hand just in case? Or no? Thanks for any help. :)

Seanspeed

Banned
You basically have to be sure to dump lots of stuff before going to a level. You don't really need most everything. If you see yourself getting close to being overburdened and you're close to the entrance, just go back and put stuff away. If you do that you won't have problems if you got far in the area and don't want to go back.

It adds a bit of busy work, but it's not a big deal overall. Of course the way Dark Souls does it is better.
Well leaving to drop some stuff off and come back is what I did. Except that the treasure was gone when I got back, I'm assuming because I tried to pick it up the first go round and it somehow registered it as 'dropped loot' or something, erasing it from the game when I left.

Which means that I need to keep a very close eye on my item weight so I don't accidentally try and pick something I cant and then have to decide whether I can drop something else to make room or simply put up with having to lose it forever.

Soriku

Well leaving to drop some stuff off and come back is what I did. Except that the treasure was gone when I got back, I'm assuming because I tried to pick it up the first go round and it somehow registered it as 'dropped loot' or something, erasing it from the game when I left.

Which means that I need to keep a very close eye on my item weight so I don't accidentally try and pick something I cant and then have to decide whether I can drop something else to make room or simply put up with having to lose it forever.

Yeah if you didn't know, that's a problem. But definitely watch your item weight closely - if you do that you shouldn't run into problems again.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yeah if you didn't know, that's a problem. But definitely watch your item weight closely - if you do that you shouldn't run into problems again.
Hopefully. The other part of the problem is that I have no idea what something is or how much it will weigh before I pick it up. So I guess anytime I get with like 15 or 20 of my weight limit, I should just backtrack and drop stuff off?

Soriku

Hopefully. The other part of the problem is that I have no idea what something is or how much it will weigh before I pick it up. So I guess anytime I get with like 15 or 20 of my weight limit, I should just backtrack and drop stuff off?

If your limit is like 60 and you filled up 40-45 then yeah I'd probably go dump stuff. You'd still be fine for a while, but just to be on the safe side, dump everything you don't need before going into an area. And if you're closer to getting overburdened, just try to get back to the Nexus if the entrance of the area isn't too far away.

If you like playing with different armor sets at a time, I mean...you'll still be able to carry some different pieces of armor, but you don't want to be carrying too much. If you think you're just going to stick with a certain armor set for a while, just dump everything else in the meantime.

I should note that the armor in this game doesn't provide a big stat difference no matter what armor you use. In fact it's best to just go with light armor. The defense is similar to the heavy armor and you're also more mobile.

Sullichin

It's definitely annoying. If you have the ring of herculian strength it's not nearly as much of a problem. You'll still have to make a trip back to the nexus unless you want to keep the ring on and carry all that stuff, but at least you won't lose it.

Also, you don't need to keep any weapon upgrade materials on you. Store them with Stockpile Thomas and both blacksmiths will be able to use them still.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Just carry the ring of Herculean strength with you. If you pick up something that overburdens you, equip the ring and re-grab the stuff.

Are there any stat caps for magic btw? I'm up to like 22 or 23 at the moment. I've been trying to divide my points between health, INT (for more magic slots/mp) and Magic so far. Oh and a little bit in Stamina.
I wouldn't pump INT over 30; you get about 200 MP and 5 spell slots, IIRC, which is plenty. Even if you use the insanity catalyst and only have 100 MP (you should have a bit more if you wear the Silver Coronet, I wear that on all my magic builds because I hate that ugly tornado hat even if it does boost magic power), spice is cheap.

This might be a bit of a "newb" question, but since I didn't use magic very much in Dark Souls (just my Pyromancer glove), I don't have much experience with it here either. What is the best configuration for equiping the catalyst and any magic buffing weapons? Like I have a Kris blade that increases magic damage, I think. Should I put the Kris blade in the right hand and catalyst in the left hand? Or other way around? If I have to use a shield, wouldn't it be good to have the catalyst in the right hand just in case? Or no? Thanks for any help. :)

It's up to you, but I usually have this setup:
- LH1: catalyst
- LH2: shield
- RH1: kris blade
- RH2: melee weapon

When casting, I take out my LH1/RH1 equipment, and when fighting melee I go with the LH2/RH2 setup. If I'm fumbling with my gear in the middle of combat, and attack with the kris blade (happens sometimes in PvP xD or sometimes simply to do a surprise melee attack when they don't expect it), no biggie, since its melee damage still scales with your magic strength, though it won't hit that hard.

If you want to be able to block whilst having a catalyst out, you should probably reverse the LH1/RH1 setup above. It's a matter of preference. Of course if you do cast with your shield out, you won't get the benefit from the Kris Blade. Also noteworthy is that if you have the Dark Silver Shield out and you cast, it will greatly reduce your magic power (though it passively increases your magic defense -- the two are always inversely proportionate). So if you want to block while casting use a different shield.

I highly recommend spending whatever Colorless Demon Souls you find on upgrading the Kris blade. At +5, its boost to your magic spells is amazing.

Just carry the ring of Herculean strength with you. If you pick up something that overburdens you, equip the ring and re-grab the stuff.

I wouldn't pump INT over 30; you get about 200 MP and 5 spell slots, IIRC, which is plenty. Even if you use the insanity catalyst and only have 100 MP (you should have a bit more if you wear the Silver Coronet, I wear that on all my magic builds because I hate that ugly tornado hat even if it does boost magic power), spice is cheap.

It's up to you, but I usually have this setup:
- LH1: catalyst
- LH2: shield
- RH1: kris blade
- RH2: melee weapon

When casting, I take out my LH1/RH1 equipment, and when fighting melee I go with the LH2/RH2 setup. If I'm fumbling with my gear in the middle of combat, and attack with the kris blade (happens sometimes in PvP xD or sometimes simply to do a surprise melee attack when they don't expect it), no biggie, since its melee damage still scales with your magic strength, though it won't hit that hard.

If you want to be able to block whilst having a catalyst out, you should probably reverse the LH1/RH1 setup above. It's a matter of preference. Of course if you do cast with your shield out, you won't get the benefit from the Kris Blade. Also noteworthy is that if you have the Dark Silver Shield out and you cast, it will greatly reduce your magic power (though it passively increases your magic defense -- the two are always inversely proportionate). So if you want to block while casting use a different shield.

I highly recommend spending whatever Colorless Demon Souls you find on upgrading the Kris blade. At +5, its boost to your magic spells is amazing.

Thanks so much for all the information. I will probably switch around my catalyst next time I play as that sounds better overall than my setup. Also, thanks for the info about INT - I'll pop it up to around 30.

So I just freed Sage Freke and he can sell me a variety of new spells, but you have to trade the boss souls for them. Just wanted to make sure it was safe to do so before trading them away for the spells. Like Soul Ray, a new fire spell, and I think Warding. Speaking of new spells, what is a good/recommended magic setup? I take it Soul Arrow continues to be useful because of the low MP cost. Is Soul Ray/Flame Toss/Warding worth equipping, too? This is for PVE btw.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh, I should have mentioned diminishing returns on other stats, since you asked. I started writing about INT and then I forgot.... xD Magic peaks at around 40-45, and hits greatly diminishing returns at 50, so never go above 50. Endurance should never, ever go above 40 (equip burden is unnecessary with light armour, and stamina caps at 40), and since you're a mage, you don't need as much endurance as a melee fighter so it's okay to have lower END. But that's up to you if you feel comfortable fighting with more or less stamina.

Definitely get Soul Ray. It's like Soul Arrow on megasteroids. Spice is cheap, especially from the singing lady in Latria, and the spell is worth it.

Freke and Yuria both teach powerful spells. Some boss souls can be used by both, so it's a matter of choice which of the two you'll pick... but fret not, you can always get the other in NG+. Here are noteworthy boss souls for offensive spells:

- Fool's Idol: Soul Ray (Freke). No-brainer, it can't be used for anything else. Your main ranged attack, most likely. Get it!
- Armour Spider: Ignite (Freke) or Firespray (Yuria). Ignite is like Great Combustion in Dark Souls. Very powerful, but very close-range and requires 2 spell slots. It's not that great in PvE but has some really nice PvP uses. Firespray is ranged, and fairly weak, but it can be cast repeatedly by holding the button at low MP cost and you can move while you cast, so it's definitely useful in both PvE and PvP, especially against annoying flying enemies.
- Dragon God: Firestorm (Freke) or Fireball (Yuria). Firestorm is a medium/short-ranged nuke. With the right gear and stats it can OHKO some bosses, it's ridiculously OP. Costs 3 spell slots though! Pretty bad in PvP because it leaves you vulnerable to backstabs, but in PvE it's easy mode. Fireball is ranged and very powerful, extremely good in PvP when used properly, and also very good in PvE. Costs 2 spell slots.
- Old Monk : Homing Soul Arrow (Freke) or get the Insanity Catalyst (Blacksmith Ed). Equivalent of Homing Soulmass/Crystal Soulmass. Very strong at full power. Terrible in PvP but pretty good for PvE. The Insanity Catalyst is the strongest in the game but reduces your MP by half. Since spice is cheap, it's still fairly useful with high enough INT.

So you'll need to decide where to spend the souls for the Old Monk, the Dragon God, and the Armour Spider. All of those choices are valid, it's a matter of preference.

Warding is a defensive spell and does not scale with your magic power. It's quite useful, drastically reduces all physical damage taken for about 40 seconds. I prefer Second Chance (you can't use both at once, though you can always cast Warding when Second Chance triggers since the casting time is quick) but it can be a good support spell before getting SC. Worth learning for sure, and memorizing for when you're struggling to stay alive. ;)
Flame Toss is pretty bad, only use early in the game until you get the better spells.

Thank you SO much for all your help! I'll be coming back to that post you just made as I play through the game, lol. I just beat the Dragon God last night, so.. gotta decide which spell to buy. I keep hearing how great Firestorm is, but requiring 3 magic slots is crazy. I only have 3 slots currently and I don't wanna give up Soul Ray. xD Might wait until I get my INT up high enough for 4 slots.

The Insanity Catalyst sounds really great in terms of damage, but.. reducing your MP so much, dang. But like you said, the spices are pretty cheap, so you could really spam them on bosses without much trouble.

Man, there's so many spells I wish I could use, but you just don't get enough slots. xD I realize this is for balance reasons, but.. still! :p

Thanks again - so helpful! :)

Dragon Sword +5 was my main weapon thru 99% of the game. The only time I did not use it was vs 2-2 Boss. Amazing weapon. It killed 3-2 Boss, Last Boss, Pre-Last Bos, 5-3 Boss etc.

I also recommend using colourless souls for the Kris Blade. It makes your magic so OP it isn't even funny.

Firestorm = boss killer. 2 casts and almost every boss dies on sight. I only used it once (2 casts!) in my Platinum, though. For me IT IS CHEATING.

Shame colorless souls are kinda rare... Does that "trick" still work where you can get as many as you want from trading to the crow and invading someone? I read about it a few minutes ago.

---

So I've beaten World 2, 3, and 4. I'm currently on 5-1.. ugh, this place sucks. It reminds me of Blighttown from Dark Souls. I died like 4 times, but not because of enemies. I just kept falling off, lol. And the boss at the end of 5-1 was a joke. You can stand up at the very top and cast Soul Ray on him nonstop and kill the boss in like 15 seconds. xD I dread 5-2 and 5-3... I still have 1-4 left, but I'm gonna do that last.

mellow

Shame colorless souls are kinda rare... Does that "trick" still work where you can get as many as you want from trading to the crow and invading someone? I read about it a few minutes ago.

I'm not entirely sure, but there is a simple in game "trick" that lets you dupe any item except armor/weapons in 5 seconds, though you need to have 1 of that item in the first place.

one of my friends quit after hitting the valley of defilement levels, I don't really get why quite a few people dislike it, 5-2 can be a pain, but if you're cautious you can run through 5-1, 2 and 3 in like 25 minutes and I think the bosses are by far the easiest. Must be the scenery.

I just beat the game today! I really enjoyed it. :) Overall, I prefer Dark Souls, but this game was a nice way to tide me over until Dark Souls 2 releases. I thought the level design was great, but one thing I think the game falters on a bit are the bosses. I dunno if it was just because I was used to Dark Souls already (and knowing the controls/movements), but they all seemed pretty easy. The hardest one I found was Maneater, but I still two shot it. My first death was really stupid as I accidentally rolled off the edge of the platform, lol. But most of the other bosses were way too easy, and a lot of the time, I could stand back far away and blast them with Soul Ray and not take a single hit of damage. Maybe that's my own fault for "cheesing" the encounters, but with the way the boss rooms were setup, it's like they were wanting you to do that.

My favorite world was definitely the 3rd one. In particular 3-1. That place was so haunting and had the best atmosphere in the game, imo. World 5 was so fucking annoying - I hated it almost as much as I hated Blighttown in Dark Souls.. maybe more, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just not a big fan of dark/dank swamp levels in games, lol. I was also pretty disappointed in the final boss or lack thereof really. I guess you should count 1-4 as the final boss which was decent enough.

But anyways, I'm really glad I played it - was great! And thanks again to everyone for the tips and information about the game. Was very helpful. :)

Is it March yet? D;

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Congrats! And yes, Demon's Souls with a magic build (or a faith build) is pretty much easy mode, lol. Flamelurker and the Maneaters are pretty damn challenging when going melee only. If you ever feel like replaying it at some point (maybe not immediately, of course), try to go pure melee, it's a very different experience.

haha yeah, in a way, I kind of regret going full magic build because of just how powerful it was.. like jeez. xD But on the other hand, I had fun using the spells, so... *shrug* Next time I replay (later this year probably), I will definitely do a melee-focused build to experience it like that.

Mifune

Mehmber
I bought Demon's Souls two years ago. And I beat it for the first time this morning!

Holy crap, I've put so much time into this game that I almost teared up when the credits rolled. What an absolutely amazing experience. My favorite game of its generation without a doubt.

Now Dark Souls beckons.

Curufinwe

There's New Game+ when you do finish it the first time.

Shit would be monumental with a PC port at 1080p and 60fps.

monumental.jpg

Curufinwe

You can cheese the first one before you enter the fog gate with a bow if you're having that much trouble, leaving you with just the one to finish off. Takes a lot of arrows. Also fire spells are super effective. These guys are definitely a pain compared to most bosses in the game.

I could never get that to work, and they utterly destroyed my dexterity-focused Temple Knight in melee. So I had to use the Poison Cloud strategy to beat them. They were the last boss I beat before doing the final level.

Curufinwe

I never found a chunk of Suckerstone or Mercurystone in 45 hours. I could get two more trophies if I had, because I do have the pure versions of those stones.

Dr. Buni

Only a few bosses left to finish the game. Beat Maneater, Old Monk today and Flamelurker, Dirty Colossus and Maiden Astraea yesterday.

Btw, I wasted Old Monk's demon soul in an Insanity Catalyst). :(

Sorry for the double post.

Dr. Buni

Hardly a waste. If you're a mage, it's very good; if you're not a mage, well, the other option for that boss soul is a spell that's only useful for mages as well, so you really didn't lose anything.
I am partially a mage and the catalyst proved itself useful in 4-2. Still, that homing soul arrow sounds far more useful than the catalyst.

Old Hero and Storm King beaten. Only 1-3, 1-4, 2-3 and the end game left to finish the game. The enemies in 1-3 are currently kicking my butt.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips for someone who played a pure melee class in Dark Souls moving across to a Mage class in Demon's Souls?

I'm having a really hard time finding MP/HP restoration items. Any tips? Any useful items I should look out for?

Dr. Buni

Any tips for someone who played a pure melee class in Dark Souls moving across to a Mage class in Demon's Souls?

I'm having a really hard time finding MP/HP restoration items. Any tips? Any useful items I should look out for?
You can buy Fresh Spices with a woman in 3-1 and Moon Grasses with Blacksmith Bolwdiwn in Nexus. Filthy Woman in 5-1 sells better grasses, but they are very expensive sadly. I always go to 4-1 and kill the skeletons and storm beasts to get enough souls to buy a considerable amount of HP/MP restoration items. If you have already beaten 4-1, 4-2 is even better, just kill the Reaper and Shadowlurkers to get a lot of souls, then leave the level and repeat the progress a few times. Alternatively, you can just keep killing enemies in Boletarian Palace, they drop a lot of grasses and the Mind Flayers in Tower of Latria, they drop Fresh and Old Spices.

Anyway, beat Penetrator yesterday. Really wish I had a Morion Blade to make the battle against Blue Dragon easier.

Dr. Buni

Do you have to get close enough to lock on?
You can lock from the platform where the four Shadowlurkers are, just make sure to kill them before locking on the Reaper. The Reaper will be unable to hit you with melee attacks, because of the distance and its Soul Ray will be blocked by the platform, so as long as the Shadowlurkers are dead, there is no way to get screwed there.

Dr. Buni

Finished the game a few minutes ago. The battle against False King was so intense and nerve wrecking! Loved the entire game, 10/10. I am really glad I bought a PS3, if only for Demon's Souls and The Last of Us. Anyway, I already started a new playthrough and beat Phalanx. The damage the enemies take on my character is insane ;_;

Curufinwe

SL 77 North America

I need a chunk of Suckerstone and a chunk of Mercurystone.

I have pure hard stones, pure sharp stones, pure dragonstones, pure suckerstones, pure mercury stones, pure spiderstones and pure cloudstones to trade.

PSN: Curufinwe5503

SL 77 North America

I need a chunk of Suckerstone and a chunk of Mercurystone.

I have pure hard stones, pure sharp stones, pure dragonstones, pure suckerstones, pure mercury stones, pure spiderstones and pure cloudstones to trade.

PSN: Curufinwe5503

I have chunk of suckerstone, Seventh_Son7

I just started playing Demon's Souls for the first time and I'm stuck just in front of the gate to the boss of 4-1 with 30K souls, is there a shortcut anywhere I could use to go back to the Nexus ? (I don't think I cant climb back the rumbles just before the cliff)

Edit : Forget it, looks like I could. My bad.

Curufinwe

Do you know about the shortcut to get back to the boss quickly?

Thanks to SeventhSon I'm up to 50% on trophies, but I still want the Mercurystone chunk and an willing to help out anyone who needs the pure stones on my list above.

I'm going back to this before Dark Souls 2 comes out, since I haven't beaten it, but man is it a lot harder than Dark Souls. I can't get used to the claustrophobic feeling and limited healing items :(

Am I not in White Tendency right now?
3jkAOFyl.jpg

The gate in 1-1 is not open and the ladder in 5-1 is not there either.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's hard to tell with a low-quality photo (sorry, I know it's hard to take a good screenshot on the PS3) but you're probably just 1 degree shy of Pure. If the gate and ladder aren't available, then obviously it's not quite PWWT. You'll need to either kill one more boss (go in soul form just in case you die XD) or an invader (riskier), and then return to the Nexus for it to register.

Yuripaw

Banned
Man what the hell is wrong with me? I've finally been playing this game pretty regularly the past few days, and I've gotten further than I ever have before. I feel like I've overcome some tough areas, and done so with ease compared to now.

I've finished these areas (not in this order), 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, and 4-1....I've been trying to go through 4-2, but I just can't stop dying! Granted, part of it might have been that stupid me didn't realize I should wear a thief's ring so those stupid manta ray things weren't always attacking me on the cliff side, but even then...I just keep managing to fuck up, and die, losing lots of souls in the process.

I made it to the boss 4-2 once, and naturally died instantly because he moved so fast I didn't know how to approach him.

Yuripaw

Banned
Man what the hell is wrong with me? I've finally been playing this game pretty regularly the past few days, and I've gotten further than I ever have before. I feel like I've overcome some tough areas, and done so with ease compared to now.

I've finished these areas (not in this order), 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, and 4-1....I've been trying to go through 4-2, but I just can't stop dying! Granted, part of it might have been that stupid me didn't realize I should wear a thief's ring so those stupid manta ray things weren't always attacking me on the cliff side, but even then...I just keep managing to fuck up, and die, losing lots of souls in the process.

I made it to the boss 4-2 once, and naturally died instantly because he moved so fast I didn't know how to approach him.

Annnnndd I finally beat 4-2 lol. Once I realized the boss was blind, he was pretty easy...but I still had some difficulty dealing with those reapers and shadow things sometimes.

Edit: And 4-3 was a breeze, lol

Top Bottom