• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Neolith

Anyone wanna give me a friend ring to borrow? Last thing I need for the platinum and my character tendency is pure black /:

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a video of all the world tendency events and other side things most people miss?

Randam

wanted to do a coop run befor dark souls 2, but i only found 1 sign.
in front of the tower knight fog-gate.

dude died during the fight.

no invasion yet too.

I'm playing the european version.

Booshka

If I don't want to use the 'duplicate' glitch, how many times I need to beat the game to get platinum?

2 or 3 depending on your luck/ability to manipulate world tendency. Make sure you follow a walkthrough if you want to get it within a couple playthroughs. Otherwise, clear every World in Pure white, then Pure black, make every weapon you can, buy every spell and miracle you can, keep track of rings.

One of the boss demon souls is required to make four different things for trophies, so without duplicating, you'll have to go to at least NG+++.

Dekanach

One of the boss demon souls is required to make four different things for trophies, so without duplicating, you'll have to go to at least NG+++.

Yeah, I was seeing the trophy list in the DS wiki and I will need to kill
the Old Monk's black phantom
four times, sigh.

2AdEPT

Ya, the guy in 1-1. Never had the key I need to open the door behind him before so I figure I'd give it a shot. I'm only SL 15 though, with virgin gear.

took me a few tries last night at sl 10. I basically had starting hunter gear leather shield lol and the crushing battle axe plus one from stonefang.....(totally forgot you only get one chance at the tutorial boss ...almost started over as I had never beat him before....ill get him sooner or later.) Anyway back to red eyes.... Its amazing actually how much Ive progressed as a souls player after 2500 hours mostly on Dark. I remember thinking guys like this were impossible at low level etc. Coming back to Demon's was fun...lots of deaths owing to forgetting the AI etc. I just about got the red eye doing backstabs...but reverted to my time tested favourite.....running him back to the fire barrels and ledges in the tower opposite side of the bridge. I missed him with my firebomb but he promptly jumped to his death right after I threw the bomb....fun times. I basically cheesed my way through Demon's and figuring out a way to get by what seemed like impossible bosses and enemies was the thing that drew me in. Somehow FROM keeps it fresh enough that each iteration challenges the vets, and keeps it possible for the noobs.....awesome series. Saying I love this series is an understatement.

Activity online was AWESOME. basically had chain summons on the tower knight run...I started to shoot arrows at the dragon with my sign down but he most I got in was like 10 arrows before the summoning message came up...got human each time but once when connection got broke, but killed self in the world after beating phalanx and staying offline before recharging in teh nexus....so got world pure black with only two EE stones and now have the guillotine axe....had to cheese BP miralda though with thief ring and chain backstabs.

Chris R

I thought about trying to trick him to die on the steps but instead decided to just do 1-2 first and then come back hopefully strong enough to kill him outright, seeing as I was pretty close as I was now.

2AdEPT

I thought about trying to trick him to die on the steps but instead decided to just do 1-2 first and then come back hopefully strong enough to kill him outright, seeing as I was pretty close as I was now.

that's an option....and if you think the red eyes is tough...wait until you find out what's behind that
door
!!! LOL What I really like about Demon's more than Dark is that the toughest enemies give the best rewards...sometimes the rewards for tough enemies in Dark were anticlimactic.

KumaJG

that's an option....and if you think the red eyes is tough...wait until you find out what's behind that
door
!!! LOL What I really like about Demon's more than Dark is that the toughest enemies give the best rewards...sometimes the rewards for tough enemies in Dark were anticlimactic.

The best reward was getting a pure bladestone to finally drop. I love this game, bought it 3 times lol.

2AdEPT

The best reward was getting a pure bladestone to finally drop. I love this game, bought it 3 times lol.

LOL i swear FROM rigged the RNG for Demons. I made sure all settings were ready for farming and got it within minutes of starting the farm...like on round 3 both times I wanted it.

Niot liking that I have to do yet another playthrough to get the darkmoon and cloudstone weapons to get a platinum....never bothered .

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I finally picked this game back up again after a long hiatus, i was stuck in world 5-2 so you can comprehend why i said fuck this. God 5-2 sucks so damn much but i once i got the warding spell everything came into place slowly. I got a better weapon in the meat cleaver since my long sword+7 wasn't cutting it anymore for those knight fuckers in 1-4. Also fuck 1-4 sucks too i want to kill that dragon fuck but i would need like 4 hours since i didn't spec for magic so i do like 30 dmg per soul ray. Anyway i'll let you guys if i manage to get past that fucking dragon.

ZenaxPure

I don't believe any of you, pure bladestone is a myth that doesn't exist. For that matter I can't even get chunks to fucking drop. The wiki says it's a pretty common drop from the katana skeleton in 4-2, but, I've only see shards. I have close to 100 now.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yes i fucked that blue dragon up with kunai's it took forever but i did it. Also i managed to finish the game just now Old King Allant was hard but doable if you keep hitting him only once when he's open, the fight was so damn tense it felt good winning.

I don't believe any of you, pure bladestone is a myth that doesn't exist. For that matter I can't even get chunks to fucking drop. The wiki says it's a pretty common drop from the katana skeleton in 4-2, but, I've only see shards. I have close to 100 now.

Make sure you have Pure Black World Tendancy, pump up your Luck stat, put Large Sword of Searching in one hand, Soulsucker in the other, and farm the Black Phantom Katana Skeleton in 4-2.

Believe.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Make sure you have Pure Black World Tendancy, pump up your Luck stat, put Large Sword of Searching in one hand, Soulsucker in the other, and farm the Black Phantom Katana Skeleton in 4-2.

Believe.
Flat-out terrible advice. Luck and the Large Sword of Searching only make enemies drop items more often; they don't give better drops.

The Black Phantom dual katana skeleton always drops something, so luck and the LSoS will change nothing. Only PBWT can improve the quality of drops.

ZenaxPure

Believe.

Trophy aside I was actually trying to get a pure piece before I continued in NG+ to finish upgrading my Uchigatana, but, I think I am going to have to finish some other stuff up then go to PBWT and try for it. Spent about 10 hours so far farming for it and got plenty of chunks but didn't get the pure. I have a really efficient method where I use a dragon mace +5 to kill him before he can recover and counter attack, but, yeah I am just kind of tired of doing at at this point. I will come back when I am finished with the stuff I need from white tendency.

Randam

Got a pure blade stone after 3 tries at the normal dual katana skeleton in the hidden passage.
No large sword of searching and 7 luck.

Problem: only have 2 shunks but need 9 to fully upgrade my estoc to sharp +5.

I used the above strategy and got the Pure Bladestone relatively quickly, compared to what I hear from others. Perhaps the Large Sword of Searching was superfluous (I already had high Luck from using the Blueblood Sword).

Got a pure blade stone after 3 tries at the normal dual katana skeleton in the hidden passage.

Problem: only have to shunks but need 9 to fully upgrade my estoc to sharp +5.
There is a glitch you can exploit to duplicate crafting materials (and ammo and demons' souls).

Problem: only have 2 shunks but need 9 to fully upgrade my estoc to sharp +5.
That is incredible luck that it dropped. Only seen it drop once when killing that guy over and over on PBWT. By that time, I had so many chunks that I couldn't carry anymore in my storage.

I farmed the one right before the reaper in PBWT offline and got it to drop after 8 hours with Sword of Searching. I just soulsuck him everytime.
I have all the stones, did the Thomas Glitch when it was first discovered and never look back.

Randam

Seems like the normal skeleton in the hidden passage at the beginning of 4-2 is better for farming bladestones.

Got my 9 chunks after 30 minutes and have the trophy now.

Now I need to collect all spells and I have my second platinum after dark souls.

Randam

wow.
beat the game yesterday and today again with a different character and both time I choosed the bad ending because I thought that would give you the soul of the maiden.

and I didnt get, that it doesn't till after the 2nd credits.

need soulsucker for the last trophy.

Soulhouf

wow.
beat the game yesterday and today again with a different character and both time I choosed the bad ending because I thought that would give you the soul of the maiden.

and I didnt get, that it doesn't till after the 2nd credits.

need soulsucker for the last trophy.

You need to do 4 playthroughs anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
A friend and I have been doing a low-level challenge run. Here are our "rules":
- Level cap at 10 for x-1 areas, 20 for x-2 areas, and 30 for x-3 (and 1-4). Once in NG+ you can go to 40, max.
- No dragon, crescent, moon, blessed weapons. No special/magic weapons (such as DBS, Northern Regalia, etc.).
- Starting class "role-play" gear and abilities. Which means no Ancient King armour or things like that, only Royal and Magician can use spells, knights must fatroll, etc.
- No duping allowed (obviously) except for Stones of Ephemeral Eyes (see below).
- PBWT at all times (hence the need for SoEE xD).

I was a fatrolling knight, with a longsword+8, winged spear+7, and kite shield+4. My friend was a hunter with no shield, a crossbow, a short bow and a guillotine axe.

Let me just say that 4-2 was a nightmare, lol. If you ever feel Demon's has gotten too easy, this is the way to go. Those BP skeletons OHKOed us both constantly. We always tried to lure them one by one in the cave but one small mistake and we'd die. We eventually made it to the boss, whom we beat without too much problems, but we had to be really careful cause his swings would also OHKO. Those BP skeletons though, gah.

Right now we're at the Maneaters, tried about 3 times but with no luck. Fatrolling against the Maneaters in PBWT = fun times. xD Hell, even the BP facebugs were a pain, their lunging attack would OHKO me even as host with almost 800 HP.

hello fellow world menders

finished demon's souls last night for the first time, so pretty happy about that :D

been making my way through trying to get all those rocks for best weapons etc.

also running through again as i am missing 3 unique weapons, bramd, selen's sword and phosphorescent pole

but yeah these things are really issues atm, will get them all i'm sure, the rocks might cause a little trouble, but have also been pretty lucky with these tbh

i'm rambling now anyway, the reason i'm here is for that friend ring, its the only ring i didn't get on my first play through, i've been trying to alter my character tendency but with no luck getting invaded

just wondering is there anybody on eu servers, who either
a. whats to invade me and help alter my character tendency
or
b. drop that ring and let me pick it up/trade it for something else

thanks

reply on here or pm if you want

happy demon slaying

2AdEPT

hello fellow world menders

finished demon's souls last night for the first time, so pretty happy about that :D

been making my way through trying to get all those rocks for best weapons etc.

also running through again as i am missing 3 unique weapons, bramd, selen's sword and phosphorescent pole

but yeah these things are really issues atm, will get them all i'm sure, the rocks might cause a little trouble, but have also been pretty lucky with these tbh

i'm rambling now anyway, the reason i'm here is for that friend ring, its the only ring i didn't get on my first play through, i've been trying to alter my character tendency but with no luck getting invaded

just wondering is there anybody on eu servers, who either
a. whats to invade me and help alter my character tendency
or
b. drop that ring and let me pick it up/trade it for something else

thanks

reply on here or pm if you want

happy demon slaying
sorry, would help but pretty sure I'm on N.American server. IIRC your character tendency also improves killing black phantom NPC's like scirvir, Satsuki and Miralda...not sure about lesser BP's like the twins in the tunnel. also you can tell if you are close by using the N.Regalia it needs to be 135 physical, and 135 magic?!?!?IIRC...so many concussions and so long ago now...2009....Yikes! time flies!

On a separate note, I decided to grab an avermedia PCE-I card and will have the splitter needed to avoid HDCP blockage within 5-10 days. I am planning on practicing some recording and editing, maybe even streaming on Demon's souls. I will hopefully be able to do a let's play fo dark souls2 on release. I have never done any videos before, but do talk for a living, so I hope it wont be too monotonous nor boring, more likely it will be overly goofy/bad jokes.

Question: What, if anything would people like to see at this late hour where everything has been done already? I checked youtube and although there is already the glitch where you can multiply everything, there was something really fun about colourless deomn's souls farming, using the primevil demon's, especially, the one in 3-2 as you would often get to be the Old monk. I think I will try some recording on my travels to that spot. Any suggestions/recommnedatios for stuff people may want to see? I will share my strategy for world tendency, (i.e. using the triangle button in Playstation menu to toggle online/offline), when you can/cant enter nexus, etc. But dont know if I should just do all this as part of one bit or just do smaller separate bits.

Let me know.

BTW, the avermedia and software allows me to play the game fullscreen on my QNIX 1440p monitor....fak it looks good! Is this possible? Demon's looks good in 1080P? ....didn't think it would look any better, likely worse as the imperfections would magnify, but that just aint so....really hope they do a Demon's 2 for PS4.. A demon's as is pC port will not likely happen, but I would buy one.

sorry, would help but pretty sure I'm on N.American server. IIRC your character tendency also improves killing black phantom NPC's like scirvir, Satsuki and Miralda...not sure about lesser BP's like the twins in the tunnel. also you can tell if you are close by using the N.Regalia it needs to be 135 physical, and 135 magic?!?!?IIRC...so many concussions and so long ago now...2009....Yikes! time flies!

Character tendancy only improves from killing named black phantoms or invading players.

Character tendancy only improves from killing named black phantoms or invading players.

thanks for the tips, yeah was aware of defeating named black phantoms, but will it be enough to get it from pure black character tendency?

thought getting invaded and defeating black phantoms would be quicker, if i can defeat them of course, is kinda why i thought i'd see if anyone wanted to help here

thanks for the tips, yeah was aware of defeating named black phantoms, but will it be enough to get it from pure black character tendency?

thought getting invaded and defeating black phantoms would be quicker, if i can defeat them of course, is kinda why i thought i'd see if anyone wanted to help here

If you're pure black, it will take two complete playthroughs killing each of the five named black phantoms (10 total) to get Pure White Character Tendancy.

Killing players that are the Old Monk also count.

If you're pure black, it will take two complete playthroughs killing each of the five named black phantoms (10 total) to get Pure White Character Tendancy.

Killing players that are the Old Monk also count.

dayum, two whole playthroughs, was down for playing it twice more, just not neccessarily as the same character

hope someone pulls through and invades me or someone on here sees my post and feels like helping,

2AdEPT

dayum, two whole playthroughs, was down for playing it twice more, just not neccessarily as the same character

hope someone pulls through and invades me or someone on here sees my post and feels like helping,

not sure about EU traffic vs. NA, but I was on recently and there were lots of online players still doing stuff....if you go at the right time for your zone(late evenings on weekends etc.) you shoudl be bale to get some traffic. The best spots to be invaded are likely 3-2 and 4-2, sometimes 4-1, and 1-4.

Another idea is that since Demon's has real slow save data alignment, and many people use this to dupe stuff and gain advantage, that I wonder if it would also serve your quest for character tendency. For example, get black phantom X to die at your blade but quit out simultaneously...see if you can get it to register your kill but keep the phantom alive for next log in?

Actually, I think this would work......You could try getting the npc BP down to like 2 HP and then invading yourself, if you happen to get invading you can shoot an arrow at NPC and kill them at just the right moment (2nd moving to a new world as phantom message), but then get whisked away in time for the save data to be interrupted, and as such said BP will be there again when you return. This is how colourless demons souls farming works, and I bet it would work for your quest as well. A lot harder to manage vicious NPC black phantoms vs. sloth primeval demons though?!?!!?! You just cant kill anyone when you invade or your character goes black ;) The best spot is the 3-2 area as you would get people mandatorily having to go through there to do Old Monk. It is a gamble though as many people die going up the path on those mindflayers...and this counts as a kill for you as Old Monk. you cant quit out or fall off cliff etc. without losing levels iirc, but this would help you keep your char. tend. if you think someone is dying.

edit: Also, does all the stuff have to be on the same character? i know there are some restrictions like all sorceries have to be with one character, but some things not? You could try starting over as you are much closer to white to start the game and would just need to kill BP miralda perhaps to get it.

not sure about EU traffic vs. NA, but I was on recently and there were lots of online players still doing stuff....if you go at the right time for your zone(late evenings on weekends etc.) you shoudl be bale to get some traffic. The best spots to be invaded are likely 3-2 and 4-2, sometimes 4-1, and 1-4.

Another idea is that since Demon's has real slow save data alignment, and many people use this to dupe stuff and gain advantage, that I wonder if it would also serve your quest for character tendency. For example, get black phantom X to die at your blade but quit out simultaneously...see if you can get it to register your kill but keep the phantom alive for next log in?

Actually, I know this would work......You could try getting the npc BP down to like 2 HP and then invading yourself, if you happen to get invading you can shoot an arrow at NPC and kill them at jut the right moment (2nd moving to a new world as phantom message), but then get whisked away in time for the save data to be interrupted, and as such said BP will be there again when you return. This is how colourless demons souls farming works, and I bet it would work for your quest as well. A lot harder to manage vicious NPC black phantoms vs. sloth primeval demons though?!?!!?! You just cant kill anyone when you invade or your character goes black ;) The best spot is the 3-2 area as you would get people mandatorily having to go through there to do Old Monk. It is a gamble though as many people die going up the path on those mindflayers...and this counts as a kill for you as Old Monk. you cant quit out or fall off cliff etc. without losing levels iirc, but this would help you keep your char. tend. if you think someone is dying.

thanks for all these tips, kinda wanna try and do it with invasions, instead of exploiting the save system, although i might resort to this if i all i do is die on invaders for days on end

thanks for letting me know about locations for getting invaded, btw how far from the archstone do you have to be to get invaded or does that not matter?

Top Bottom