• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

SolidC213

Ok about to get my first Platinum trophy ever :D but I just need 1 pure bladestone or a maxed out sharp weapon (+5) that I can give RIGHT back to you. Those damn things are hard as hell to find and I'm getting sick of farming for them with no success. If anyone can help me it would be GREATLY appreciated. I can add you or you can add me so PM me if you are interested. My PSN name is VVarlos (two v's that make the W). Im soul level 190ish and on my 5th play through if that matters. Thanks to anyone who can help. I also have a bunch of stones I do not need anymore if you need some stones let me know and we might be able to make a trade. Thanks again.

Canova

Banned
Zzoram said:
So the only way to get character white is to kill bosses alone? You don't get whiter if blues help?

to get your character white, you have to kill
1. Named black phantoms (Garl, Selen, Ryder, Stasuki, Miralda, Scirvir)
2. Invading black phantoms

Zzoram

Melfice7 said:
killing bosses only turns the world tendency not char tendency

killing the named black phantoms on each world, and killing invading players on your world or of others, makes the char tendency turn white
So it's way harder to get white character than black?

finally beat the damn game last night (i'm an ultra-cautious player, was SL 100 when i beat it, lol).

the shitty thing is i still had mostly BWT when i beat the game and i thought it would reset with NG+. it did not. shit's tough again yo. i love this game.

SolidC213

Rabbitwork said:
finally beat the damn game last night (i'm an ultra-cautious player, was SL 100 when i beat it, lol).

the shitty thing is i still had mostly BWT when i beat the game and i thought it would reset with NG+. it did not. shit's tough again yo. i love this game.

Its probably just the BWT event going on right now. After Oct. 31st it might go back to normal for you. Or play offline if you're not already to find out for sure.

SolidC213 said:
Ok about to get my first Platinum trophy ever :D but I just need 1 pure bladestone or a maxed out sharp weapon (+5) that I can give RIGHT back to you. Those damn things are hard as hell to find and I'm getting sick of farming for them with no success. If anyone can help me it would be GREATLY appreciated. I can add you or you can add me so PM me if you are interested. My PSN name is VVarlos (two v's that make the W). Im soul level 190ish and on my 5th play through if that matters. Thanks to anyone who can help. I also have a bunch of stones I do not need anymore if you need some stones let me know and we might be able to make a trade. Thanks again.
I have a pure bladestone and a sharp weapon. Do you have a +5 mercury weapon or 5 chunks or mercurystone? Also a +5 fatal weapon? My PSN name is zerokoolpsx. SL 197 and 198. I'm tired of farming for those stones. I just need to hold an insanity catalyst, blueblood sword and lava bow for the items trophy. I'm on NG+. Yea I grinded like crasy. >.>

SolidC213 said:
Its probably just the BWT event going on right now. After Oct. 31st it might go back to normal for you. Or play offline if you're not already to find out for sure.
i purposely made all my worlds pbwt for the event so i could wrap up killing the black phantom spawns before moving on to ng+; otherwise i've been playing offline to keep them that way. i haven't connected to the servers for several days, the word tendency just doesn't reset between playthroughs it seems.

SolidC213

zerokoolpsx said:
I have a pure bladestone and a sharp weapon. Do you have a +5 mercury weapon or 5 chunks or mercurystone? Also a +5 fatal weapon? My PSN name is zerokoolpsx. SL 197 and 198. I'm tired of farming for those stones. I just need to hold an insanity catalyst, blueblood sword and lava bow for the items trophy. I'm on NG+. Yea I grinded like crasy. >.>

I just need the 1 pure bladestone :)

I have all that you need too (pretty sure about the stones but will check tonight) as long as you PLEASE SERIOUSLY give me my weapons back lol. I have a mercury +5 Uchigatana, Fatal +5 (can't recall weapon), I have an Insanity Catalyst, Blueblood sword, and lava bow so you can add me whenever or i'll add you and we can finish this shit up :D. Hopefully see you soon.

oracrest

Does anyone have a link or more information on the 'Sorcery' book that he cited as inspiration? I am assuming these images are from that book. Googling "sorcery" is pretty futile...

1271717936246.jpg

SolidC213 said:
Literally I just need the 1 pure bladestone :)

I have all that you need too (pretty sure about the stones but will check tonight) as long as you PLEASE SERIOUSLY give me my weapons back lol. I have a mercury +5 Uchigatana, Fatal +5 (can't recall weapon), I have an Insanity Catalyst, Blueblood sword, and lava bow so you can add me or i'll add you and we can finish this shit up :D. I'll add you when I can or you can add me whenever too. Hopefully see you soon.
I just need to hold it and yes, I'll give it back. I just don't want to do a fourth playthough for the weapons since I'm going for magic and miracles first. Alright, friend request sent.

SolidC213

zerokoolpsx said:
I just need to hold it and yes, I'll give it back. I just don't want to do a fourth playthough for the weapons since I'm going for magic and miracles first. Alright, friend request sent.

Cool I'm Mountain Time and at work right now so will be on tonight to make the trades. :D

ZeroRay

oracrest said:
Does anyone have a link or more information on the 'Sorcery' book that he cited as inspiration? I am assuming these images are from that book. Googling "sorcery" is pretty futile...

IIRC, that's from the manga Berserk which DS was also heavily influenced by.

oracrest

Sotha Sil said:
That's from Berserk, as someone already pointed out. If you loved Demon's Souls, you should buy the manga. It's awesome.

I will check out the manga, I have heard of only the games/movies of Berserk.

So I was surprised I was still able to invade at SL198 in 4-1. I added the guy I tried to kill as a friend. :lol We did False King in ng+++. I get soulsuck twice!!! It doesn't kill in co-op, but I remember that shit one shot me in ng solo. So I deleveled down to S196. I also need False King, so I try to summon him. I found out he's SL228. I had to grind for 3 more levels. Took roughly 22 mins and got to SL199. It was a breeze going through that stage with him. Biorr survived the Blue Dragon. We owned False King and I found out you can't soulsuck Old King Doran. Soul thirst and soul suck is useless on him.
With co-op or pvp makes this game so much more fun. Without it, it would be pretty bland.
I'm surprised they're people playing this pass SL200+.

Question about blue eye stones - would I be able to put one down in 1-1, for the benefit of someone who hasn't beaten that level's boss yet? Or do they need a stone themselves in order to 'see' stones dropped by other players?

Panipal2009 said:
Question about blue eye stones - would I be able to put one down in 1-1, for the benefit of someone who hasn't beaten that level's boss yet? Or do they need a stone themselves in order to 'see' stones dropped by other players?
They should be able to see it as long as you're in SL range and they're in body form and you're in soul form. Only way they can get in body form is from beating a boss or a stone of ephemeral eyes. How is he going to get one that early in the game? Since this is 1-1. He's still going to be in soul form. =/

zerokoolpsx said:
They should be able to see it as long as you're in SL range and they're in body form and you're in soul form. Only way they can get in body form is from beating a boss or a stone of ephemeral eyes. How is he going to get one that early in the game? Since this is 1-1. He's still going to be in soul form. =/

There's one in the Nexus I can direct them to.

edbrat

rescued sage freke from 3-1 and have done most of it I think, there is a
dude in cell
i haven't been able to rescue yet but got killed by some
arrow hurling dick on some huge stairs
, wasn't even that hard i just got into a fumble with herbs and shit and screwed up. Took me a while as i was getting lost all over the shop, now need to work up some composure and enthusiasm for a run at the boss. Learnt some fire spell from sage freke which cost me a demons soul, hope its worth it :)

Canova

Banned
this game is so incredible.

played Castlevania for 2 sub-chapters, but quickly had to wipe out the mediocre combat goo out of my hands. Popped in this game. Helped 3 new players in PBWT world 1 and 4, and the feeling was as satisfying as ever

I'm hooked to this game. Between yesterday and today I finally cleared 3-1. I'm being offered Soul Ray in exchange for one of my Boss Souls, but I'm hesitant. I'm playing a royal, though, so a LOT of my playing revolves around Soul Arrow. Those boss souls are so damned hard to get that now I don't know if I should save them or what.

Also, in 3-1, just like edbrat said, I couldn't
release Rydell.I did release Freke, though
. Am I doing something wrong?

SteelAttack said:
I'm hooked to this game. Between yesterday and today I finally cleared 3-1. I'm being offered Soul Ray in exchange for one of my Boss Souls, but I'm hesitant. I'm playing a royal, though, so a LOT of my playing revolves around Soul Arrow. Those boss souls are so damned hard to get that now I don't know if I should save them or what.

Also, in 3-1, just like edbrat said, I couldn't
release Rydell.I did release Freke, though
. Am I doing something wrong?

The demons soul that makes Soul Ray doesn't make anything else. Go ahead and trade it.

If you have pure white tendency you can get a key in 3-2 that unlocks the cell Rydell is in.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I am so stupid. Took me 25 hours and 3 bosses to finally realize I played 99.9% of the time in Soul Form. Then I used 20 000 souls to get Evacuate to notice I aint got the Talisman for it.

Well, anyway. One of the best single-player games in a long time. I was always interested in this game, but finally I borrowed it from a friend. I have been playing everyday for a week now. Will buy it for myself as this is going to take a loooong time to complete.

Melfice7

one step closer to platinum this game for the second time xD only need that cursed pure bladestone, a couple of marrow chunks and finish the game 2 more times for all the spells/miracles

yellowjacket25 said:
The demons soul that makes Soul Ray doesn't make anything else. Go ahead and trade it.

If you have pure white tendency you can get a key in 3-2 that unlocks the cell Rydell is in.
Awesome! Thanks! :)

luka

Loves Robotech S1
*twang*
*twang*
*twang*
*twang*

200 arrows later... Blue dragon are dead. :D

So is this soul good for anything or can I just eat it?

luka said:
*twang*
*twang*
*twang*
*twang*

200 arrows later... Blue dragon are dead. :D

So is this soul good for anything or can I just eat it?
The souls from the Blue and Red dragons aren't good for anything. You can eat them.

SteelAttack said:
Is DEX the only stat that matters when using bows and crossbows?
It depends on the bow but almost all of the bows get a bonus from strength and dexterity. Usually about even. If you upgrade to a sticky compound bow (either long or short) then you get much better dexterity bonuses. Especially at +5. A sticky compound long bow +5 is a beast with high dexterity.

Zzoram

dofry said:
I am so stupid. Took me 25 hours and 3 bosses to finally realize I played 99.9% of the time in Soul Form. Then I used 20 000 souls to get Evacuate to notice I aint got the Talisman for it.

Well, anyway. One of the best single-player games in a long time. I was always interested in this game, but finally I borrowed it from a friend. I have been playing everyday for a week now. Will buy it for myself as this is going to take a loooong time to complete.
You're supposed to play 99% of the time in soul form. That's not a bad thing, I actually prefer it since I don't have to deal with the anxiety of fearing death or invasion.

Holy shit I want something like this. Too bad I'm pretty far from getting the soul required for it.

Besides, hanging around deadly creatures with only a slice of health isn't exactly desirable considering my clumsiness. :lol

luka

Loves Robotech S1
grr Allant. Got soul sucked about 3 times.

I can manage to get him down to half health before doing something stupid.

*attack*
*dodge*
"Warding! eh? oshitnomag-"
*dead*

Canova

Banned
SteelAttack said:
Holy shit I want something like this. Too bad I'm pretty far from getting the soul required for it.

Besides, hanging around deadly creatures with only a slice of health isn't exactly desirable considering my clumsiness. :lol

yeah it's very useful if you're an archer.

DEX build + sticky compound long bow+5 + hyper-mode = pwnage

Wait, what? What the...?

I'm on 4-1 now, and now a red skeleton is showing up at the bottom of the stairs, next to the regular one!

It's also hard as hell. What happened?

Canova

Banned
SteelAttack said:
Wait, what? What the...?

I'm on 4-1 now, and now a red skeleton is showing up at the bottom of the stairs, next to the regular one!

It's also hard as hell. What happened?

welcome to the black world. just be thankful it aint pure black world where one real nasty black phantom waiting for you :D

luka said:
grr Allant. Got soul sucked about 3 times.

I can manage to get him down to half health before doing something stupid.

*attack*
*dodge*
"Warding! eh? oshitnomag-"
*dead*
In co-op it doesn't kill you, but you still lose a level. Solo, it's fatal. I loathe fighting him. It almost make me want to put a ton into magic, wear ring of sharpness, kris blade +5, monk's headwrap, 99 fresh spice, 99 old spice and homing arrow his ass. His god's wrath radius is huge. It's like 3 times the radius it should normally be and it killed me when I was cornered near his throne. It's a one hit kill if it hits.
So in two days, the world tendency is switching back to neutral?

canova said:
welcome to the black world. just be thankful it aint pure black world where one real nasty black phantom waiting for you :D
Oh man. As if the game wasn't hard enough. Lol.

I just reached a place in 4-1 where a voice is asking for something sparkly. o_O

Top Bottom