• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Urban Scholar said:
Does one have to be in the nexus for this?
quitting the game (which auto-saves) and reloading automatically places you back in the nexus. so i would say no, but it doesn't matter since you'll be put there anyway.

Zoe

Rabbitwork said:
quitting the game (which auto-saves) and reloading automatically places you back in the nexus. so i would say no, but it doesn't matter since you'll be put there anyway.

Hmm, I just did this and it placed me back at my last checkpoint in 1-1.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, this game. Nearly a year after I first got it, and it's still just as addictive. I booted the game up and loaded my second character intending to just run around and get some of the PWWT-only stuff while the event's still going on.

By the time I stopped I had beaten Flamelurker, Dragon God, Maneater, and Old Monk. :lol

roxya

Zoe said:
Hmm, I just did this and it placed me back at my last checkpoint in 1-1.

Yeah, that's right. Though regarding your original question... as far as I've always known, the tendency for a world doesn't change unless you return to the nexus.

DualShadow said:
Hmm ok thanks, the enemies in 4-1 seemed pretty tough and they seemed to hit me hard. Then I saw the big round dude in the castle sorta area and I just bailed like a chicken :lol

If u have the Great Club and the Steel Shield, 4-1 is very do-able. But use a bow for those red-eyed dudes with two ninja swords. You can get lots of souls easily here.

ps: but it doesnt change the fact that this game is too hard (magnificent game, tho)

Zzoram

I can't get online until Jan 2 so I hope the PWWT event is still on then. I want to set all my worlds PW for the special events.

I dont know if any one here frequents the Atlus forums for this game but some genius bastards have found a way to drop Undroppable items. Yeterday i dropped a large flame scale soul just to see if i could get it to work. It looks like its time to start duping Beast souls and Power leveling to 712.

It works by placing 1-3 items (souls are easiest) in your top three item slots. the fourth slot is the demon soul you want to dupe. The Top three items should only be a stack of 1-2 items.
Quickly use all of the items in each stack by going into the menu and using the items as quickly as possible. when they are used up and pushes the other items up. You should still be using the third item when the demon soul goes up, select the demon soul the game should think it is a normal item and select drop. The soul drops. The soul will leave a permanent mark or fire on the ground. until you leave the area. This may be old hat, just letting you guys know.

dyergram

My friend at work bought a ps3 and ds yesterday I gave him a lift home he said 'is there anything I need to know?' I replied 'yes start as a royal or temple knight text me when you get the blue soul sign and remember above all else demons souls does not give a fuck about you.'

Ifrit

Finished DS for the first time last night, have been playing for like 60 hours and loved every second of it, definitely a strong contender for game of the generation IMO

Krauser Kat said:
I dont know if any one here frequents the Atlus forums for this game but some genius bastards have found a way to drop Undroppable items. Yeterday i dropped a large flame scale soul just to see if i could get it to work. It looks like its time to start duping Beast souls and Power leveling to 712.

It works by placing 1-3 items (souls are easiest) in your top three item slots. the fourth slot is the demon soul you want to dupe. The Top three items should only be a stack of 1-2 items.
Quickly use all of the items in each stack by going into the menu and using the items as quickly as possible. when they are used up and pushes the other items up. You should still be using the third item when the demon soul goes up, select the demon soul the game should think it is a normal item and select drop. The soul drops. The soul will leave a permanent mark or fire on the ground. until you leave the area. This may be old hat, just letting you guys know.
can you link to the thread where this is? i have some questions but i'm sure they're prob answered there already.

oracrest

Managed to defeat Maneater and Old Monk last night, and hit up a few different PWWT events. Here is my character so far.

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

I managed to get This weird Maneater bug last night.

And Here's bringing back a few shots of past playthroughs....

Level 1 Character
4bd012a2.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

Magician

0eea5022.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

Melee

016635f5.jpg

76f22fe4.jpg

your welcome. I kinda want to get a stack of Beast Demon Souls (19.800.000 souls). 19 BDS will get you to Sl120. I kind of want to start a new character just to mess around with this.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So for my NG+ run, I'm thinking of going pure evil and doing Mephistopheles' assassination missions, so I can get the Foe's Ring. Are the assassinations terribly difficult? What would be the recommended SL for them on NG+?

oracrest

Seraphis Cain said:
So for my NG+ run, I'm thinking of going pure evil and doing Mephistopheles' assassination missions, so I can get the Foe's Ring. Are the assassinations terribly difficult? What would be the recommended SL for them on NG+?

I didn't find them too difficult. My biggest issue was determining which NPC's to kill to get black character tendency.

Zoe

So for these tendency events, do the worlds stay at that tendency for the entirety no matter what you do while playing?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Zoe said:
So for these tendency events, do the worlds stay at that tendency for the entirety no matter what you do while playing?

The tendency can change while you're in the world, but if you go back to the Nexus it resets to Pure White.

Krauser Kat said:
your welcome. I kinda want to get a stack of Beast Demon Souls (19.800.000 souls). 19 BDS will get you to Sl120. I kind of want to start a new character just to mess around with this.
how would you get the BDS to your low level char?

also, since i've rarely gone online in this game and never duped, the above trick works offline right? people are saying you need a partner to dupe, but from the above clip, i don't see why anyone else needs to be there.

Bankoiia

The answer might be obvious, but does the MP regen from a Crescent Falchion +1 and the Fragrance Ring stack? The bar doesn't really seem to move that much faster. Then again, it's pretty darn slow to begin with...

Also, is it worth upgrading the Crescent Falchion to keep using as a main weapon? I started out as Royal and I will mainly concentrate on spells and miracles. (Which I completely ignored last time playing.)

Bankoiia said:
The answer might be obvious, but does the MP regen from a Crescent Falchion +1 and the Fragrance Ring stack? The bar doesn't really seem to move that much faster. Then again, it's pretty darn slow to begin with...

Also, is it worth upgrading the Crescent Falchion to keep using as a main weapon? I started out as Royal and I will mainly concentrate on spells and miracles. (Which I completely ignored last time playing.)
yes, they do. using two crescent weapons of the same mana/sec however does not stack. using two different mana/sec crescent weapons will stack, as will using the phosphorescent pole + crescent wep + fragrant ring.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/upgrade-crescent

You
Rabbitwork said:
how would you get the BDS to your low level char?

also, since i've rarely gone online in this game and never duped, the above trick works offline right? people are saying you need a partner to dupe, but from the above clip, i don't see why anyone else needs to be there.
You need 2 people for souls. The stone cannot leave or inventory so it just dupes on the spot. A soul will just drop. So you drop the soul as a blue phantom. Quit game via holding ps button. Everything you dropped stays with the person you summoned. But the game does not save. You come back jump in his game again. The soul is still there and still in your inventory. You can drop multiples so once you get to 99 you can keep droping stacks of 99 until your content. Use them and exit.

Krauser Kat said:
You
You need 2 people for souls. The stone cannot leave or inventory so it just dupes on the spot. A soul will just drop. So you drop the soul as a blue phantom. Quit game via holding ps button. Everything you dropped stays with the person you summoned. But the game does not save. You come back jump in his game again. The soul is still there and still in your inventory. You can drop multiples so once you get to 99 you can keep droping stacks of 99 until your content. Use them and exit.
god this game is so strange. even the glitches are weird.

canova said:
This thread is still alive? Just joking :D

I've been on vacation much of December, haven't had much time to post here.

Had I known, I would have taken the time to try and beat your post count for OT2 :p

Only kidding, the entire thread missed you! At this point I just lurk in here because I've lost my touch for answering all the questions...

okay so after 5 minutes of struggling to figure this trick out i finally realized why you have to be connected with another player for it to work. i kept dropping a CDS (even tried nexial binding) and then picking it right back up before it dawned on me "dummy, you quit the game and come back and then pick it up".

geez.

Rabbitwork said:
okay so after 5 minutes of struggling to figure this trick out i finally realized why you have to be connected with another player for it to work. i kept dropping a CDS (even tried nexial binding) and then picking it right back up before it dawned on me "dummy, you quit the game and come back and then pick it up".

geez.

LOL yeah once you understand this part it makes so much more sense. It stays there AND i get to keep it in my inventory. I bought my friend Demons Souls for christmas. I cant wait to jump in with him and actually co-op the place.

oracrest

DualShadow said:
Wish I had more time to play this game, I find I really need at least 2 hours to sit down and play it.

Its a great game to go back to you. I took a couple month hiatus when Monster Hunter 3 came out, and fell in love with DS when I went back to it eventually.

Zoe

Aw man, I lost most of the Brushwood armor set cause it was too heavy to carry >_<

I'm assuming I'll come across better armor though...

Zoe said:
Aw man, I lost most of the Brushwood armor set cause it was too heavy to carry >_<

I'm assuming I'll come across better armor though...
Fortunately, there are two complete sets of Brushwood armor. I prefer lighter armor, myself. The Ring of Herculean Strength is perfect for situations like these. It increases the amount of weight you can carry by 50 percent. Try to find one.

jett

D-Member
I dropped some armor thinking the game would remember where I dropped it, I left for the Nexus, returned, and my dropped armor was gone. :|

Zoe

I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying to get the soul on the beam there... Already died several times >_<

I watched this video to see how to reach the colourless demon soul and got it on my first try. I wasn't sure how to get down without dying once I had the soul so I just used evacuate to exit to the Nexus. You could also use a shard of Archstone to leave the level.

Noogy

jett said:
I dropped some armor thinking the game would remember where I dropped it, I left for the Nexus, returned, and my dropped armor was gone. :|

You learned a very important lesson on some worthless armor. Be thankful.

I took a 9 month hiatus during my first playthrough as I had hit a brick wall, but recently returned to the game and have just started my third playthrough. Absolutely best game of this generation, although it does not reveal itself lightly. You have to dig deep, but once you find it, you discover an incredibly beautiful gem.

oracrest

Noogy said:
I forgot how beautiful that opening area was. After 100 hours I almost forgot about it. There's no way to ever revisit that, short of starting a new game, is there?

Yeah, it really is a great environment to wander through. You have to start a new character to see it again.

Top Bottom