• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Rawk Hawk

Well if anyone has any Pure Moonlightstone's they would like to duplicate or give, I just went through NG++ and went 0/8 again. Very frustrated right now lol. Even when you are comfortable with this game it finds ways to taunt you.

Nakiro

I am not sure if this work as I don't have my Demon Souls disc with me. Though if you have Plus, you should be able to save and upload before testing your luck with the Crystal Lizards.

Give that a try on your next run if you have Plus.

oracrest

Rawk Hawk said:
Well if anyone has any Pure Moonlightstone's they would like to duplicate or give, I just went through NG++ and went 0/8 again. Very frustrated right now lol. Even when you are comfortable with this game it finds ways to taunt you.

Are you going full black world tendency when trying?

MrOogieBoogie said:
So what's everyone's worlds ranking, from favorite to least favorite?

1. Boletarian Palace
2. Shrine of Storms
3. Tower of Latria
4. Stonefang Tunnel
5. Valley of Defilement

That's my list.

I agree with this exactly. Boletarian Palace was the most fully-realized world. Shrine of Storms was short but had great atmosphere...Latria coming in right behind it.

Rawk Hawk

oracrest said:
Are you going full black world tendency when trying?
I did the last 2 times, the first play through I didn't. But as of right now I'm 0/8 in PBWT, lol.

I also have like 70 PBWT kills on the Dual Katana Skeleton in 4-2 (Not the BP), and no pure blades yet either.

oracrest

Rawk Hawk said:
I did the last 2 times, the first play through I didn't. But as of right now I'm 0/8 in PBWT, lol.

I also have like 70 PBWT kills on the Dual Katana Skeleton in 4-2 (Not the BP), and no pure blades yet either.

That dual skeleton is a biaaatch! I ended up having to just trade with another player, after hours of farming.

Rawk Hawk

oracrest said:
That dual skeleton is a biaaatch! I ended up having to just trade with another player, after hours of farming.
Yea, just beat all the levels on my NG++, so going to make Shrine PBWT again and try the BP for a bit today. Think I'm going to farm up the stones I need before moving to what will basically be my last play through before platinum. Then I can leave Shrine alone and use it for PvP if I want.

But since I took a vacation day today, I'm hoping it all happens before tonight!

Edit: Pure Bladestone GOTZ! Heyo! Pure Moonlightstone, Pure Faintstone (easy enough, just don't to ruin my build yet) and one Chunk of Cloudstone (will get on this trip through 4-3) and all those trophies are done!

Beat 1-2, 2-1, 3-1, and the vanguard in 4-1 yesterday. Was furious at fool's idol because I didn't kill the liar and she didn't die for real so I had to kill her again.

Tried maneater and promptly got decimated before the second one even came in. Leechmonger killed me before I could even get one hit in. I tried to get help for maneater and ended up invading someone as the monk. Spent 10 minutes destroying chairs before the player came in, and the guy outgeared me but only won because he had far more healing items than me. I wasted a bunch of potions trying to kill him because I wanted the tornado head but no cigar :(

WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO

Miroku

Just fought Black Phantom Rydell in NG+. It was a really disappointing encounter. I couldnt even try to melee him, even with warding on he would kill me in one hit. All I could do was kite him with soul arrow and run away w/graverobbers ring to refuel my mana. Unfortunately he gets stuck on the stairs in the Tower, so I couldnt give him any chance at all, just cheesed him to death. It feels cheap, but I had no choice, what a lame encounter :(

Woo woo! Just beat the Adjudicator! Tried to cheese with arrows to no avail so I just jumped down and meleed his cleaver/head to death!

So I have completed

1-1, 1-2
2-1
3-1, 3-2 (at maneater, couldnt kill)
4-1

Where should I focus now? 5-1? I'm thinking I could kill the leechmonger pretty easily considering I have the black leather/gloom armor and using an uchigitana +3 to make my way through the levels...

thorin

Rawk Hawk said:
Pure Bladestone GOTZ!
Out of curiousity, how long did it take you? I've tried a few times using soulsucker on the BP for an hour or so each time and never got it.

All I have to show for my trouble is enough Uchigatanas and bladestone shards/chunks to equip a small army with Sharp Uchigatanas +4. Whoever at From set the drop rate on pure bladestone was trolling.

Rawk Hawk

thorin said:
Out of curiousity, how long did it take you? I've tried a few times using soulsucker on the BP for an hour or so each time and never got it.

All I have to show for my trouble is enough Uchigatanas and bladestone shards/chunks to equip a small army with Sharp Uchigatanas +4. Whoever at From set the drop rate on pure bladestone was trolling.

For a while I killed the BP Gold Skeletons as well, then I stopped, so hard to determine time spent on him (not to mention I didn't really keep track). Based on how many spices I had to buy, I would guess roughly 50 kills. Much better than the 300+ I had put into the other dual katana skeleton at the beginning of the level, although most of those were not during PBWT. I have 99 Shards and Chunks of Bladestones with Thomas, lol. So I know the feeling of having a ton of those.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Any tips for beating Old King Doran in NG+? He is flatout handing my ass to me. I never fought him in my first play through since Ostrava died in 1-1 without me knowing. I really want the Old King's loot. I do fine when he's one-handing his sword but once he 2-hands he destroys me. I have a bunch of Colorless Demon Souls. Should I used them to fully upgrade a Dark Silver Shield? One strike when 2-handed instanly knocks me off balance, will I stop that with a fully upgraded DSS or it doesn't even matter?

Btw I can't use offensive magic spells (other than ignite) or second chance since I just finished the Mephistopheles quest. Once I beat Doran, I fight Allant.

bone_and_sinew said:
Any tips for beating Old King Doran in NG+? He is flatout handing my ass to me. I never fought him in my first play through since Ostrava died in 1-1 without me knowing. I really want the Old King's loot. I do fine when he's one-handing his sword but once he 2-hands he destroys me. I have a bunch of Colorless Demon Souls. Should I used them to fully upgrade a Dark Silver Shield? One strike when 2-handed instanly knocks me off balance, will I stop that with a fully upgraded DSS or it doesn't even matter?

Btw I can't use offensive magic spells (other than ignite) or second chance since I just finished the Mephistopheles quest. Once I beat Doran, I fight Allant.

Just saw your bottom paragraph. My bad. The way I beat him was quick movrments lots of healing and poison cloud. Try you soul remains to distract him.

bone_and_sinew

Got him. Used 2-handed Blessed Mirdan Hammer +5, Adjudicator's Shield +1, and Warding in a straight up fight, damn that tense.

One of my questions still remain though. Is it worth upgrading DSS to its max level or is its maxed out guard break too weak for NG++ and NG+++ and not worth the upgrades? What should I put my Colorless Demon Souls into? I've got like 9 plus the ones Sparkly will trade me.

oracrest

bone_and_sinew said:
Got him. Used 2-handed Blessed Mirdan Hammer +5, Adjudicator's Shield +1, and Warding in a straight up fight, damn that tense.

One of my questions still remain though. Is it worth upgrading DSS to its max level or is its maxed out guard break too weak for NG++ and NG+++ and not worth the upgrades? What should I put my Colorless Demon Souls into? I've got like 9 plus the ones Sparkly will trade me.

Every game after NG+ only gets 10% more difficult, as opposed to the 50% jump from NG to NG+, so if you feel that it is a good shield now (I use it primarily,) then go for it! Not a waste by any means.

The 100% magic defense makes it one of the best shields in the game.

Right, I just got this game in the mail today. I sold it last year, but I want to give it another chance.

Have you guys got any tips for a newbie that got his ass handed to him the first time? What character should I pick, any things I should look out for? Do I need to worry about being beaten by that first boss character so early on? Should I feel bad about being in soul form all the time?

I'm going to try to not be too uptight about the whole thing, I guess that was the main issue for me last time. Got too hung up on the whole thing, but it would be nice to have some idea of what to look out for.

oracrest

Fallout-NL said:
Right, I just got this game in the mail today. I sold it last year, but I want to give it another chance.

Have you guys got any tips for a newbie that got his ass handed to him the first time? What character should I pick, any things I should look out for? Do I need to worry about being beaten by that first boss character so early on? Should I feel bad about being in soul form all the time?

I'm going to try to not be too uptight about the whole thing, I guess that was the main issue for me last time. Got too hung up on the whole thing, but it would be nice to have some idea of what to look out for.

All those things are no big deal to stress about.

My single piece of advice would be to think of the fighting system sort of like street fighter, in the sense that your own time spent learning timing, and when to attack versus when to defend is considerably more important than stat upgrades, so you are always getting better, even when you die and lose all your souls.

Rawk Hawk

bone_and_sinew said:

I carry only a DSS+5 and Adjudicator's+5, when I'm comfortable with my HP I use DSS, and Adj when I'm taking damage. I leveled up DBS and White Bow with colorless demon souls, but don't use either. The P<insert a lot of letters> Pole is a cool one if you are into getting free MP, which I am cause I horde items. But I think you wouldn't be upset with DSS+5.

brentech

Spent some time the last few nights playing offline. Got World-5 to PWWT and collected my missing Istarelle and Bramd.

I believe some of these I'll get during my current play-through (NG++), but I still need to collect: Pure bladestone, pure darkmoonstone, pure greystone, pure faintstone.
And then while I have the pures of the following, I still need some chucks of suckerstone, marrowstone and cloudstone.

It'll probably be more confusing to narrow down which weapons I'm missing. Though I did just find the weapon trophy list on the wiki, so maybe I'll just print it off and cross out what I have.

Being that I only have one platinum trophy, it's safe to say there isn't many games I care to do all this for, but Demon's Souls at least feels rewarding.

2AdEPT

Rawk Hawk said:
For a while I killed the BP Gold Skeletons as well, then I stopped, so hard to determine time spent on him (not to mention I didn't really keep track). Based on how many spices I had to buy, I would guess roughly 50 kills. Much better than the 300+ I had put into the other dual katana skeleton at the beginning of the level, although most of those were not during PBWT. I have 99 Shards and Chunks of Bladestones with Thomas, lol. So I know the feeling of having a ton of those.

Unfortunately I am one of those that has only good news to share about Pure BladeStone drops. Interestingly I did get 99 or so bladestone and darkmoonstone stashed up, but the two times I SWITCHED tendency to pure black in world 4 with the specific purpose of going for a Pure I got it withinthe first 5-6 tries.....LOS and luck didn't appear to help, and I am toldthat these just help dropfrequency, not drop quality.

So backin 2010 when I first bought this game I had 2 Pures and used only one....but then my old PS3 died.....interstingly I stilll got to keep my trophy scores from last PS3 as they are saved on the network I gather....and thankfully fully upgraded something so even though I am on a new ps3 my trophy acquisitions are almost complete now.....anyone wishing to purchase a dead PS3 for a pure bladestone is welcome to bid. Bidding starts at trading for a few chunkis of cloudstone which is all I need for a Platinum. ;)

2AdEPT

Kyleripman said:
Having a really hard time with Allant...just when I get the hang of the fight and start rolling and slashing and feeling good, I inevitably make some mistake and he stomps me into the ground.

I even thought about trying to summon help for this one, but I've never connected online before and it's a little puzzling - I can read people's messages but not summon anyone.

Do you think this would be useful against Allant?

No... the LSofM is really only useful for enemies brandishing sheilds, or who have tough armour, like bearbugs. I use Nregalia for King Allant, as it is usually the highest damage weapon Ihave by the end of the first playthrough.......but have never beat him by myself without firestorm, ignite, or homing soul arrow in alter rounds. THe key to allant is interruptinghis big magical burst or ensuring you have the DSShield. Unfortunately, trying to use any magical damage from a sword is impeded by DSS so get better at dodging. THere is really no shame, particularly in your first playthrough from using phantoms for allant...I ahve done 7-8 tries in a row with 1-2 blues and STILL not beat him. Ironically, Ithink I did beat him one time when a single blue I was with died right off the bat and he was left with much more health than if i had started out alone....I hit twice with firestorm however.

2AdEPT

Acquiesc3 said:
Stand all the way to the right or left right in front of the fog gate.
HTis only works on maneater....I swear this was a planted gift to reverse the cruel joke of TWO of the hardest boss in the game coming in simultaneously. THank goodness they are weak to fire.......firestorm anyone?

RyanDG

So I decided to roll a Blueblood Swordsman because I realized I much prefer melee in this game and the only magic I really is weapon boosting magic (my mage became rather boring for me really quick). I have to say that the Blueblood Sword and Swordsman build is so far my favorite that I've played through the game as. Slapping on the Dark Silver Shield and strapping down on Old King Doran's armor is becoming lots of fun in invasions. It's a bit annoying to always have to stay buffed, but when I'm hitting for as much as I am at SL80ish, it feels good. I'm just afraid I'm going to hit a plateau on improvements to the BB sword real soon... I'm not sure if I want to go above 25 in luck, because I'm thinking that the extra points to luck may be better suited for either Magic or Vit/End. I'm debating on sticking around on either 25 luck or moving it up to 35 and sacrificing one of the other stats.

The other good thing about the Blueblood Swordsman is that there is something extremely satisfying in finishing off every last one of the bosses with 100% melee attacks.

With that said, I did have a huge 'doh!' moment in this last playthrough... In world 1-3 I was working on opening the gate where the minister hides behind... I ended up killing the minister but was over encumbered on items and couldn't grab the hat immediately. I wasn't thinking, so I went ahead and opened up the gate - I forgot about the two damned red eyed nights that come through when you do that.

Needless to say, I died when I mistimed a roll and I ended up losing out on my official's cap for this run, meaning that I wasn't able to get Yuria freed (and ultimately kill her for Mephi). That was some serious forehead slapping shit right there.

Rawk Hawk

RyanDG said:
So I decided to roll a Blueblood Swordsman because I realized I much prefer melee in this game and the only magic I really is weapon boosting magic (my mage became rather boring for me really quick). I have to say that the Blueblood Sword and Swordsman build is so far my favorite that I've played through the game as. Slapping on the Dark Silver Shield and strapping down on Old King Doran's armor is becoming lots of fun in invasions. It's a bit annoying to always have to stay buffed, but when I'm hitting for as much as I am at SL80ish, it feels good. I'm just afraid I'm going to hit a plateau on improvements to the BB sword real soon... I'm not sure if I want to go above 25 in luck, because I'm thinking that the extra points to luck may be better suited for either Magic or Vit/End. I'm debating on sticking around on either 25 luck or moving it up to 35 and sacrificing one of the other stats.

The other good thing about the Blueblood Swordsman is that there is something extremely satisfying in finishing off every last one of the bosses with 100% melee attacks.

With that said, I did have a huge 'doh!' moment in this last playthrough... In world 1-3 I was working on opening the gate where the minister hides behind... I ended up killing the minister but was over encumbered on items and couldn't grab the hat immediately. I wasn't thinking, so I went ahead and opened up the gate - I forgot about the two damned red eyed nights that come through when you do that.

Needless to say, I died when I mistimed a roll and I ended up losing out on my official's cap for this run, meaning that I wasn't able to get Yuria freed (and ultimately kill her for Mephi). That was some serious forehead slapping shit right there.
I use a BBS build, not that I made it or anything, simply took the idea from the wiki site, but it works very well. My stats are: VIT 50, INT 15, END 35, STR 18, DEX 18, MAG 30, FTH 18, LUCK 20. For soul level 124. Body form I use Eternal Warrior's Ring and Clever Rat Ring, Soul form I use Cling Ring and Friend/Foe Ring. I love hosting though, so I'm thinking of raising my soul level higher, having the Clever Rat ring basically hidden is great. Your HP gets low and enemies get blood hungry, you can almost bait them into over attacking and then in like 3-4 hits wipe them out with the 50% boost. I have done it in soul form too, but I think the constant 20% boost from friend/foe is overall better, although never tried dropping Cling Ring and going pure Friend/Foe and Clever Rat... hmm...

I'm still learning the PvP though, probably only done 30 or so fair battles, and I would doubt I've won more than half. So any tips or tricks are welcome.

Eccocid

HAs anyone tried to spent a lot of points on Luck?
I remember the first time i got the game(before US release i got asian version) there werent many guides about it. I picked up thief (bohoh hard mode) and spent some points on luck too maybe got it up to 20 or something. Most of the mobs i killed drop healing grass tho.

Rawk Hawk

Question about PvP for veterans, if you invade or are summoned as a BP to a world with 3 players, are you normally required to fight all 3 at once, or what is common rule for this? I would think you would face each Blue Phantom one at a time.. but I haven't really ran into this situation and was thinking about playing as Blue Phantom a little tonight and didn't want to be that jerk who doesn't know the unwritten rules.

Heading home from work, going to get on I think, anyone want to team up for battles or co-op? PSN Mr_Rawk_Hawk so feel free to add me.

ZeroRay

Rawk Hawk said:
Question about PvP for veterans, if you invade or are summoned as a BP to a world with 3 players, are you normally required to fight all 3 at once, or what is common rule for this? I would think you would face each Blue Phantom one at a time.. but I haven't really ran into this situation and was thinking about playing as Blue Phantom a little tonight and didn't want to be that jerk who doesn't know the unwritten rules.

Heading home from work, going to get on I think, anyone want to team up for battles or co-op? PSN Mr_Rawk_Hawk so feel free to add me.

Usually they'll all rush you at once if it's a three on one situation, or have one person lure you for an ambush. Few are honorable and fight one at a time.

Kill the host and you win. Although there's no greater feeling than taking out all three players, plus 2 more that the host rushed to summon. ;)

bone_and_sinew

Rawk Hawk said:
Yea, just beat all the levels on my NG++, so going to make Shrine PBWT again and try the BP for a bit today. Think I'm going to farm up the stones I need before moving to what will basically be my last play through before platinum. Then I can leave Shrine alone and use it for PvP if I want.

But since I took a vacation day today, I'm hoping it all happens before tonight!

Edit: Pure Bladestone GOTZ! Heyo! Pure Moonlightstone, Pure Faintstone (easy enough, just don't to ruin my build yet) and one Chunk of Cloudstone (will get on this trip through 4-3) and all those trophies are done!
You still need those things? I'll trade you for a Pure Bladestone, it's the last weapon trophy I need.

Hell this is an open offer for anyone. I'll trade absolutely anything except the Foe's Ring for a Pure Bladestone. Anyone interested send me a message on PSN. My PSN ID is the same as my username here. My soul level is 124, I'm on the U.S. server.

Rawk Hawk

bone_and_sinew said:
You still need those things? I'll trade you for a Pure Bladestone, it's the last weapon trophy I need.

Hell this is an open offer for anyone. I'll trade absolutely anything except the Foe's Ring for a Pure Bladestone. Anyone interested send me a message on PSN. My PSN ID is the same as my username here. My soul level is 124.
Used my Bladestone >.<

I may try to farm up another one though if the Crystal Lizards aren't friendly to me.

EDIT: Well, the lizards this time netted me 3 Pure Moonlightstones... so random. Anyway, doesn't look like I'll really need anything now, just to get to 4-3 for my cloudstone chunk and to pump 2 points into faith for my pure faintstone, platinum is within reach!

RyanDG

Rawk Hawk said:

4-1 is the only place that I would even have an expectation of possibly getting a 1 vs 1 situation if I'm outnumbered as an invader. Any other world I'm fully expecting a bum rush as invader (and try to plan for it). As for 4-1 though, most people go into invasions in 4-1 with the possible expectation of getting a duel. It doesn't always happen and it sometimes turns into a bum rush if you have multiple blue phantoms as the host, but there are times that I've invaded in 4-1 and ended up fighting 2 or 3 phantoms back to back to back.

If you are fighting in 4-1 and are concerned about this, you could hang back a second and see what the intention of the black phantom is. If the black phantom comes in swinging, he probably has the expectation of a bum rush. If the black phantom is trying to find a choke point or is keeping effort trying to stay out of sight or out of range - he's probably expecting a bum rush. If the black phantom comes close to range and waits to attack, he's probably wanting to see if you guys are willing to face him one on one.

No matter what though, black phantoms aren't going to harbor too many hard feelings about getting bum rushed when outnumbered in an invasion - they are after all - the ones invading the hosts world to begin with.

As a general rule of thumb though - PVP in 4-1 at higher soul levels (100-135 range) is generally presumed to be for people wanting duels more than anything else. All other worlds are pretty much fair game for whatever means necessary. The only real rule that I follow as an invader or as an invadee is simply don't use the scraping spear (and I frown on abusing wrath of god and the storm king sword to knock people off of cliffs... I don't get pissed when this happens to me, but I refuse to do it myself... other methods of knocking people off cliffs however i greatly enjoy). Environmental concerns, enemies, outnumbering my opponent with blue phantoms, stealth, and choke points are all there for me to use to my advantage. I expect my opponents to do the same (once again - outside of 4-1 of course which doesn't necessarily have 'rules' to follow for pvp but as i mentioned above - has a certain set of expectations for the intent of higher soul level characters).

Gvaz

Banned
oracrest said:
Try taking your armor off, and see how it feels to roll faster.
Yeah I think this is the part that I don't really like. Oh you roll out of the way? *throws himself at the ground, clunk, takes forever to get up*

And the parry w/ the shield feels like it takes too long to get going. You have to memorize enemy attack patterns and not be surrounded i think.

I find there usually isn't enough time between telegraphed and actual action for me to react without taking damage (which when you do it's usually major damage)

RyanDG

Gvaz said:
Yeah I think this is the part that I don't really like. Oh you roll out of the way? *throws himself at the ground, clunk, takes forever to get up*

And the parry w/ the shield feels like it takes too long to get going. You have to memorize enemy attack patterns and not be surrounded i think.

I find there usually isn't enough time between telegraphed and actual action for me to react without taking damage (which when you do it's usually major damage)

You may want to practice parrying with a quicker item than a shield - such as the parrying dagger (which has a greater parry timing). The good thing about parrying, is that even if you are surrounded, the kill screen that comes after a parry makes you invincible while you take down the respective enemy. My primary character is on a couple of new game plusses right now is a Dex billed character with an upgraded hiltless/parrying dagger.

It gets a bit nerve raking getting over the loss of the shield, but aside from a few missile encounters, I hardly ever use a shield with this character anymore.

Parrying is definitely a high risk vs reward maneuver though... My best suggestion is to make yourself comfortable parrying the earliest enemies in a level over and over. Though it is a matter of understanding the 'timing' of enemies attacks, eventually you can start picking up the patterns and recognizing when you should risk parrying and when not.

Plus its extremely fun to parry against an online opponent, because no one ever expects the parry online. ;)

As for heavy armor, I would recommend to really remove the heavier armor for lighter armor until you can boost up your endurance (or get the respective ring). Mobility is far greater of importance than armor and eventually armor gets to the point where its benefits are negligible anyway.

Rawk Hawk

RyanDG said:
4-1 is the only place that I would even have an expectation of possibly getting a 1 vs 1 situation if I'm outnumbered as an invader. Any other world I'm fully expecting a bum rush as invader (and try to plan for it). As for 4-1 though, most people go into invasions in 4-1 with the possible expectation of getting a duel. It doesn't always happen and it sometimes turns into a bum rush if you have multiple blue phantoms as the host, but there are times that I've invaded in 4-1 and ended up fighting 2 or 3 phantoms back to back to back.

If you are fighting in 4-1 and are concerned about this, you could hang back a second and see what the intention of the black phantom is. If the black phantom comes in swinging, he probably has the expectation of a bum rush. If the black phantom is trying to find a choke point or is keeping effort trying to stay out of sight or out of range - he's probably expecting a bum rush. If the black phantom comes close to range and waits to attack, he's probably wanting to see if you guys are willing to face him one on one.

No matter what though, black phantoms aren't going to harbor too many hard feelings about getting bum rushed when outnumbered in an invasion - they are after all - the ones invading the hosts world to begin with.

As a general rule of thumb though - PVP in 4-1 at higher soul levels (100-135 range) is generally presumed to be for people wanting duels more than anything else. All other worlds are pretty much fair game for whatever means necessary. The only real rule that I follow as an invader or as an invadee is simply don't use the scraping spear (and I frown on abusing wrath of god and the storm king sword to knock people off of cliffs... I don't get pissed when this happens to me, but I refuse to do it myself... other methods of knocking people off cliffs however i greatly enjoy). Environmental concerns, enemies, outnumbering my opponent with blue phantoms, stealth, and choke points are all there for me to use to my advantage. I expect my opponents to do the same (once again - outside of 4-1 of course which doesn't necessarily have 'rules' to follow for pvp but as i mentioned above - has a certain set of expectations for the intent of higher soul level characters).

Interesting, yea I hosted a match earlier with 2 Blue Phantoms on my team, we never ganged up on anyone, one guy made it through both of them even and then I beat him. But we let the Black Phantom recharge spells and HP before each fight. Although some joined and saw 3 people and just started attacking everyone randomly.

I haven't been able to invade anyone outside of 4-1 when I try. I kind of like the cat and mouse game of hunting someone down, just doesn't seem like anyone does normal levels in body form around level 124.

bone_and_sinew

1-3 is another pvp hotspot. I'm always summoned as a blue phantom in a minute or two and the group is almost always invaded, usually repeatedly. We always go 3 vs 1 there though. 4-2 is also an invasion hotbed in my experience. Though I didn't know about the de facto dueling rules in 4-1. I wondered why the host rarely helps me when summoned. I thought I was being trolled and don't even bother pvping that stage anymore.

RyanDG

Zoe said:
Really? Lots of narrow walkways.... or is that the point?

For invaders absolutely. An invader has the ability to set up a crap ton of choke points in 4-2. If you are in body form, and are running 4-2, it used to be that the chances are you were going to get invaded. And more than likely, you were going to be invaded by someone fully intending on wrath of god'ing you off one of the walkways. It was an easy site for people to troll for a bit for the longest time. Don't know if it still is though.

Edit - It was also one of my favorite sites for stealth kills/backstabs off ledges. I will admit I used to do that. ;)

Rawk Hawk

RyanDG said:
For invaders absolutely. An invader has the ability to set up a crap ton of choke points in 4-2. If you are in body form, and are running 4-2, it used to be that the chances are you were going to get invaded. And more than likely, you were going to be invaded by someone fully intending on wrath of god'ing you off one of the walkways. It was an easy site for people to troll for a bit for the longest time. Don't know if it still is though.

Edit - It was also one of my favorite sites for stealth kills/backstabs off ledges. I will admit I used to do that. ;)
I have been invaded twice in 4-2 (think the only two times I have actually done that level in body form), both times I was going straight after killing the 4-1 boss, and was invaded during the cutscene with the first reaper. Unfortunately you can't skip that cutscene, and every time I'd come back to someone backstabbing me.

kvn

Got the game recently (finally, I know I'm laaate) and I'm loving it so far.

About world tendency though..is there a realistic chance to get pure tendencies while playing online? How likely is it going to happen? Or should I rather play offline, if I want to get pure tendency to get the items and so on?

Thanks in advance :)

edit:
I know that some kine of tendency state is downloaded once you start the game, but I'm 30 hours in (been playing straight for days) and so far I've yet to experience a pure world tendency, either white or black...

oracrest

kvn said:
Got the game recently (finally, I know I'm laaate) and I'm loving it so far.

About world tendency though..is there a realistic chance to get pure tendencies while playing online? How likely is it going to happen? Or should I rather play offline, if I want to get pure tendency to get the items and so on?

Thanks in advance :)

edit:
I know that some kine of tendency state is downloaded once you start the game, but I'm 30 hours in (been playing straight for days) and so far I've yet to experience a pure world tendency, either white or black...

Server is an average, so you are generally being pulled into an average state. The easiest way to get pure is to play offline.

kvn

oracrest said:
Server is an average, so you are generally being pulled into an average state. The easiest way to get pure is to play offline.

Ok, thanks.

Killed my first invader yersterday night in 4-2, after I've been invaded two times before in 4-1 by people using spears and got killed...The third time I hid in the cave where Saint Urbain is wearing a graverobber's ring. Managed to land a stealth hit and used like 20 herbs during the about 10 min lasting fight. That was so intense and fun.

bone_and_sinew

2 and a half hours spent farming for a Pure Bladestone with the hidden hallway skeleton and nothing. Gonna try the Black Phantom now without Soulsucker :|

Acquiesc3

Banned
I need an excuse to play this game again. Can let anyone hold weps for trophies and do stages too if need be. I might be rusty, but I would love to PvP with anyone here. SL 120 range, psn Ladykiller64.

Rawk Hawk

Looking for a Pure Faintstone and Chunk of Cloudstone. I have a few I can trade, a Pure Moonlight, or something.. or some weapons even if you need some for the trophy. But looking to trade for those two items. Let me know if anyone has them.

Also another random PvP question. I have beat 4-1 and 4-2, but not 4-3. But it doesn't seem like I am getting invaded in 4-1 anymore. Slow night or does beating the bosses effect that?

Acquiesc3

Banned
I should have a pure faintstone on my faith build.. if not, I get one every new game + from that woman disciple. My BBS build might have that chunk of cloudstone as well.

Beating the stage means that you can't be invaded there anymore. You can still invade though.

Gaaraz

Absolutely lost count of the amount of times I've killed the enemies running up the stairs, ran past the archer whilst launching myself at two enemies, and proceeded up the various wooden stairs only to be met with impending death now.

Really, really hoping that the second game has a much easier difficulty, whilst still retaining the more difficult option for you guys who can appreciate and enjoy the challenge, just really isn't for me unfortunately which is such a shame, as just when I feel I'm getting somewhere and actually achieving something, I'm straight back to square one again...

Top Bottom