• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Olengie

I was hoping for something more along the lines of:

- added exotic quest for each planetary vendor
- fixed issue with multiple exotic engrams rolling out into previously obtained awards
- fixed issue where successful completion of heroic public event rewarded same number of planetary tokens as starting a normal public event then running away
- added heroic strikes and heroic strike loot table and added milestone/powerful engram for completing five strikes each week

Too much for them to do. :p

So Ehroar finally finished the video to put the damn "cheating" accusations to end.

What is the coil glitch?

People completely forgot this "competition" has literally no rules at all except complete the set task 1st. That's ultimately something that should be discussed but it's up to Bungie into turn this thing into something more than a tradition.

So Ehroar finally finished the video to put the damn "cheating" accusations to end.

What is the coil glitch?

People completely forgot this "competition" has literally no rules at all except complete the set task 1st. That's ultimately something that should be discussed but it's up to Bungie into turn this thing into something more than a tradition.

Or taking the competition seriously.

its not like it changes the server world , a special achievement or gaining a special title like WoW.

Kaibutsu

Patch notes:
To avoid erroneous removal of raid keys, they will no longer be removed upon hitting the weekly reset
Raid keys are also no longer removed upon creating a new character
Raid keys are also no longer removed upon logging into alts for the first time in a new week

Good, always thought this was silly

Cornbread78

Dang, was literally one Nightfall run away from doing what Eso did to solo the Boss.

Will be running help on Prestige tonight for anyone that needs it. Hoping for at least 6 more clears before reset.

Ooh, ooh, pick mee, pick meeee!

I won't be until about 10:30 est though.

JB1981

Why isn't there ever a Strike milestone? I'm not gonna do the Nightfall but I would like to do the regular strikes but I'm not going to do them if I can't get a Luminous engram or something worthwhile

Kyne

You could do them for fun.

laughter.gif

shermas

The Sunbracers I've gotten 6 times in a row say hi

For a while, I thought Actum War Rig (or whatever it's called) was the only exotic armor for Titans. Or that my game was broken. Or that Rahool was trolling me (the most likely answer).

I even went to the Farm a couple times. More War Rigs.

v1perz53

What is the coil glitch?

DISCLAIMER: I don't care if he cheated or not, I don't care about world first, I'm just commenting for the sake of clarity of thought. I think them keeping world first is fine, and having it taken away is also fine.

I mean, it is pretty clearly an exploit. The very definition of "exploit" in gaming terms is using a glitch to give you a power advantage, which is what is being done here. It is clearly "cheating" also, taking advantage of things to make the game behave in unintended ways to give yourself an easier time. No different than using the Missingno glitch to get infinite master balls in Pokemon, it is a glitch in the game you are making use of, but you are certainly "cheating". Whether people CARE about the "cheating" is a different story. The fact with the Coil Glitch is that they are doing something different than normal to specifically make the game behave differently than it would in all cases. He says "every time you've switched weapons with the coil you are cheating" but clearly not. You're only cheating if you are using a different power weapon, see a power brick drop, then swap to the coil to pick it up only to swap back. Pretty clear and obvious distinction.

I personally don't care at all, but it is obviously exploiting and cheating, there's no argument around that. But similarly to speed runs, exploiting/cheating for faster times is almost expected and looked at as a good thing to more fully optimize your time. So whether exploiting to do things faster in a PvE environment is BAD is up for debate, since you make use of all tools available and it isn't hurting anyone. But whether or not it IS cheating is pretty obvious.

Though your second point is a bit of a fallacy, in that Bungie did specifically mention that there was an exploit that they were tracking, and would disqualify groups that used it, so to say there were "no rules" is wrong. This just happened to not be the specific exploit they were talking about, can't track it, so cannot enforce any rules.

Destiny Drama > Destiny the game

Goth was going off on one until it was pointed out someone on his team did it, so he deleted everything😁

don't hate the Player, hate the Game

players who take advantage of the Coil glitch should be commended not condemned

It's Bungie's job to do quality control on their game, not the player.

If the player finds a bug that is exploitable, then good for the player

Nothus

I have two spaces for a fresh raid, normal not prestige. It would be handy if you've run it before and know what you're doing etc. This is on ps4 btw.

Nothing in Destiny is "competitive".

Apart from competitive Trials which is life itself

Jabs at Destiny aside, world first race is clearly a competition, whether you care about it or not. Literally several groups racing to finish first, there couldn't be a more clear example of a competition.

It's an unofficial competition with no rewards bar bragging rights, if Bungle cared so much they'd hand out prizes

shermas

Goth was going off on one until it was pointed out someone on his team did it, so he deleted everything😁

I never watch this guy, but that's embarrassing. Just own the hawt take... deleting it just makes you look bad. Call out your teammate. Handle it the right way.

exYle

Dang, was literally one Nightfall run away from doing what Eso did to solo the Boss.

Will be running help on Prestige tonight for anyone that needs it. Hoping for at least 6 more clears before reset.

What time would you say this is happening?

Goth was going off on one until it was pointed out someone on his team did it, so he deleted everything��

It's all archived for you

https://imgur.com/a/SwDHr

By what reasoning?

or is this just a definition of "competitive" that is unique to you?

Competitive on p2p servers? Get out of here...

Jabs at Destiny aside, world first race is clearly a competition, whether you care about it or not. Literally several groups racing to finish first, there couldn't be a more clear example of a competition.

Competition for what exactly? Twitter/twitch followers and viewers at best...

v1perz53

Apart from competitive Trials which is life itself

It's an unofficial competition with no rewards bar bragging rights, if Bungle cared so much they'd hand out prizes

It isn't that unofficial, the "winner" will be reported on This Week at Bungie, and Cozmo replied about this whole issue. Bungie even said they were monitoring the race for a glitch and would disqualify people who used it, just happened to be a different glitch. Sure, there's no prize, but the "winners" are being recognized by Bungie in the official
update.

Competition for what exactly? Twitter/twitch followers and viewers at best...

Competition to finish the prestige raid fastest? Get bragging rights? And be featured on "This Week at Bungie" by the developers themselves? Anyway, you don't need a prize for something to be a competition. You just need a winner and other people who are not winners. Not having a good prize doesn't make it not a competition... If I race my brother in the park it was still a competition and one of us still won...

don't hate the Player, hate the Game

players who take advantage of the Coil glitch should be commended not condemned

It's Bungie's job to do quality control on their game, not the player.

If the player finds a bug that is exploitable, then good for the player

Bungie still havent (and possibly wont) fixed prestige Exodus Crash strike which is hilarious at this point

DISCLAIMER: I don't care if he cheated or not, I don't care about world first, I'm just commenting for the sake of clarity of thought. I think them keeping world first is fine, and having it taken away is also fine...

All of this, and i mean all of this reasoning is wrong. Want a clear better example? Reload canceling is a glitch, something you do to take advantage of a situation, and it's embedded in every single person that plays an FPS game with more than average skill. That's also cheating by your reasoning.

Different context? No, cause this is not a competition per se, THERE ARE LITERALLY NO RULES about it, like 0. Your only objective is to finish 1st and for this thing in particular it was "Finish 1st but if do this thing we can't tell you about but you know what it is ;), you won't win". So what rule are they breaking if there are no rules?
That´s literally it, all this morale debate about cheating, using exploits and so on highlights how ignorant and hipocrite the majority of the community is, something a smart guy like Ehroar or players like him know since years ago.

Want something more important to discuss? Ammo economy is a mess, not giving a reward or setting rules to something called "competition" also is, having people struggle through glitches while in the competition also is, specially after there was a 1 week delay to fix something to then simply go forward with glitches and all. But hey, let's be positive! yay!

It's so fucking embarrasing that this manchild is one of the major faces of the Destiny community, it's the ultimate proof of how retarded the majority of the community is.

Zakalwe

Banned
All of this, and i mean all of this reasoning is wrong.

Want a clear better example? Reload canceling is a glitch, something you do to take advantage of a situation, and it's embedded in every single person that plays an FPS game with more than average skill. That's also cheating by your reasoning.

Different context? No, cause this is not a competition per se, THERE ARE LITERALLY NO RULES about it, like 0. Your only objective is to finish 1st and for this thing in particular it was "Finish 1st but if do this thing we can't tell you about but you know what it is ;), you won't win"
So what rule are they breaking if there are no rules?

That literally it, all this morale debate about cheating, using exploits and so on highlights how ignorant and hipocrite the majority of the community is, something a smart guy like Ehroar or players like him know since years ago.

What about things like glitching through walls in pvp?

And sure, reload cancelling is often a glitch too, but it's hardly the same thing.

Not got any stock invested in the WF argument, I don't care, but in a setting when people are competing, even if just for fun, surely you see a difference?

EDIT: actually, I'm down on the side that the ammo exploit was fair game. As the tweet above states, it's hardly game breaking.

Getting ammo by swapping guns in not cheating, regardless of what some may think.

Glitching through walls via an emote, removing party member to despawn adds in an encounter, pulling a lan cable to beat a raid boss - these are.

Bungie can't, and will not punish Redeem for it. Bungie lose either way, the onus is on them to acknowledge and fix bugs in the game. There are still bugs and glitches in the raid that have not been fixed, let alone be acknowledged. Because they mostly hurt the players, not offer an advantage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Watched the video about this exploit I had never heard of until now.

It's a repeatable bug that people are exploiting. It's 100% not acting as intended (as the video stated), so to try and say "Well, everyone is doing it" doesn't really make it "OK". That logic is flawed.

But I also don't care because it's not like you get a special "World's First" plaque or some shit. Just seems funny how people who are "at the top" are trying to defend their decision. It's not a "bannable offense" or anything because it's not cheating (which is more external manipulation of the game...aim bots, shit like that).

v1perz53

All of this, and i mean all of this reasoning is wrong.

Want a clear better example? Reload canceling is a glitch, something you do to take advantage of a situation, and it's embedded in every single person that plays an FPS game with more than average skill. That's also cheating by your reasoning.

Different context? No, cause this is not a competition per se, THERE ARE LITERALLY NO RULES about it, like 0. Your only objective is to finish 1st and for this thing in particular it was "Finish 1st but if do this thing we can't tell you about but you know what it is ;), you won't win"
So what rule are they breaking if there are no rules?

That literally it, all this morale debate about cheating, using exploits and so on highlights how ignorant and hipocrite the majority of the community is, something a smart guy like Ehroar or players like him know since years ago.

I'm just arguing semantics. Reload cancelling is a terrible example because it is consistent among all weapons. It is just a thing you can do according to the game's rules, and doesn't work differently in different situations. This is "cheating" because it works differently with this specific set of things and you change what you would do normally to make it happen, giving you more of a power increase than doing it any other way. If there was one set of weapons that made reload cancelling faster, sure that'd be cheating too. But you also have to look at impact. Two things can both be "cheating" but one doesn't matter and the other does. In bowling, if you slide your toe one inch over the line you are technically "cheating", as you are if you walk down the lane and kick down all 10 pins. I think anyone could easily identify which of these is the more impactful cheating though.

But anyway, you're getting hung up on the word. No one said cheating was bad. Like I said, "cheating" is promoted in speedrunning because all that matters is getting the fastest time. But whether or not this is cheating is obvious, by definition of the word. I just don't think people should care that they "cheated" (or glitched or exploited whatever word you want), but just because it doesn't matter doesn't mean they didn't do it.

But anyway, you're getting hung up on the word. No one said cheating was bad. Like I said, "cheating" is promoted in speedrunning because all that matters is getting the fastest time. But whether or not this is cheating is obvious, by definition of the word. I just don't think people should care that they "cheated" (or glitched or exploited whatever word you want), but just because it doesn't matter doesn't mean they didn't do it.

Just to add to this, there are different categories for speedrunning that separate glitches, tool assisted and 100% "legit" things for each game. All for the purpose of keeping it fair. That's the main point, there are rules there not here.

People are stretching so bad with this that are completely forgetting that people used Titan skating on D1 to go faster between checkpoints in every single world's 1st attempt.

Bungie needs to disqualify them all! We need to go back!

I'm just arguing semantics. Reload cancelling is a terrible example because it is consistent among all weapons. It is just a thing you can do according to the game's rules, and doesn't work differently in different situations. This is "cheating" because it works differently with this specific set of things and you change what you would do normally to make it happen, giving you more of a power increase than doing it any other way. If there was one set of weapons that made reload cancelling faster, sure that'd be cheating too. But you also have to look at impact. Two things can both be "cheating" but one doesn't matter and the other does. In bowling, if you slide your toe one inch over the line you are technically "cheating", as you are if you walk down the lane and kick down all 10 pins. I think anyone could easily identify which of these is the more impactful cheating though.

Using a scuf controller or the like is cheating then? It's giving you a clear advantage over others.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Looking for 3 for the Raid! I, and a couple of my buddies have gone through everything except Callus before. We got fucked by the reset last week because we couldn’t get the 6 back together due to conflicting schedules. We’re looking to start tonight so would welcome the help!

Cornbread78

Still looking for a couple more Guardians for the below Newbie Raid:

So far The Friday night (PS4) Newb Raid (10pm EST) looks like:

Sherpa:
- CarbonFire
-

Newbs:
- Griffy-
- Deadly Cyclone (psn?)
- Mairu
- Wolffen

Need 1 more Sherpa

Wolffen

Sherpa:
- CarbonFire
-

Newbs:
- Griffy-
- Deadly Cyclone
- Mairu
- Wolffen

Need 1 more Sherpa

Thanks Cornbread! Suggestions for a warlock load out for the raid would be appreciated from fellow GAFfers.

Sherpa:
- CarbonFire
-

Newbs:
- Griffy-
- Deadly Cyclone
- Mairu
- Wolffen

Need 1 more Sherpa

Thanks for the organization Cornbread. Looking forward to getting these guys their first completion. After hitting our heads against the Prestige Raid yesterday with El Cuco and the gang, the normal one should be a breath of fresh air lol

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Cornbread! Suggestions for a warlock load out for the raid would be appreciated from fellow GAFfers.

Devour Warlock is always good, but I got through the whole thing a couple times as a Stormcaller with Arc Souls.

Weapon-wise, anything you're comfortable with, but you'll probably want a scout or pulse rifle in one slot, and something in the auto/smg family in the other. Merciless is a good power weapon option for most of the encounters, if you've got it.

Need 1 more Sherpa

Can't commit to it but if I'm around, I'll help.

Voidwalker - bottom tree (Devour)
Stormcaller - bottom tree (Arc Soul)

Kinetic - Nameless midnight (or any good scout), Origin story (or any good auto rifle).

Energy - Uriel's Gift (or comparable Auto rifle), Mananana (or good scout), SMG (mini tool), Sunshot, Skyburners, Coldheart.

Power - Hawthorn's shotgun, Sword, Merciless, Wardcliff Coil, or any rocket launcher with cluster bombs.

ocean

Banned
Goth went on a petty tirade using a shitty argument. “A glitch is a glitch” - c’mon. By that metric, the reaction to jaywalking and mass murder ought to be the same: “a crime is a crime”.

Everybody who ran Crota’s End in the day exploited the ammo system as far as they could. Hell, many Raid solo attempts in Y2/Y3 Destiny depended on some wonky usage of mechanics (like using Y1 Starfire Protocol to get more Sleeper Ammo). Reload canceling snipers has been used since forever to increase DPS.

Saying this kind of technique is cheating the way despawning all ads or getting infinite supers is cheating is infantile (and thus unsurprising from somebody like Goth).

Honestly the fact that this guy is Destiny’s most popular streamer is mind boggling.

Top Bottom