• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Finished the NF last night on 3rd attempt. About a minute left.

Scout rifles and a more cautious approach worked well. Healing rifts, rally barriers and focusfiring/grouping like you're in crucible work very well.

Warfcliff Coil solves all knight problems.

We rushed past the last bit before the boss room with the explodey thralls. Glitched the timer since we had a 26x PL to carry.

It's been the hardest one so far, but not as bullshit annoying as Exodus Clash. I liked that this one needs different tactics to previous ones. And I think the NF should be quite challenging, so 3rd time lucky is about the right difficulty.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Has anyone else been getting a black screen when returning to the tower? This has happened to me twice today and the only thing I can do is restart the game. I can hit start to see the menu, and the sound still works, but nothing else.

No matter how simply it is explained to me, I cannot get my head around the system for infusing gear that already has legendary mods installed

Just use DIM at app.destinyitemmanager.com, the infusion fuel finder feature directly tells you which infusion fuel gives you the best results.

Cartho

I liked the NF this weak. Felt hard because it has nasty enemies and tricky situations rather than hard because it’s too long and overly cheesy like the total abomination of game design that is Exodus Crash.

At least it’s not full of “just run through everything” shit like the others have been. My top tip for people struggling is: take long range ARC and SOLAR weapons. You have a lot of arc shielded knights and solar wizards and you need to be able to pick them off at range. Riskrunner is incredible, as was my arc damage Uriel’s gift.

Mista

Banned
I raided last night and it was fun. 2 phases left including the boss! Can’t wait to finish it for the first time!

Koh

Got the prestige NF done yesterday. Felt amazing to finally succeed. We had tried probably 10 times over 4 days.

Swapping a titan for a stormcaller warlock made the difference. Similar add clearing power with a rift for focus fire situations. We hit the boss with around 6 minutes left and beat it with a minute to spare.

JTran2003

Wasn't able to complete the raid the other day but got a few keys. Decided to start a new character and just found out doing so erases my raid keys from the inventory. Man that really sucks. You win some you lose some I guess...

Bold One

Bear in mind that with any MMO or online game, you can get some really unpleasable fanbases. During my time playing Guild Wars 2, I had people genuinely argue that mounts had no place in that MMO. You'll never be able to please all the players.

Of course, I won't pretend Bungie doesn't make aggravating decisions that merit criticism.

But I'd agree that some are viewing D1 through some nostalgic glasses. Pre-Taken King D1 wasn't a great time, it was a deeply flawed experience, I'll take D2 any day over that.

Seeing people long for the monotonous grinds with uncertain rewards kind of makes me agree with the people who called the original game a skinner-box and I hated that comparison at the time. But seeing people long for that back does make it seem (at face value)
like gambling addicts looking a for fix.

Toe-Knee

I raided last night and it was fun. 2 phases left including the boss! Can’t wait to finish it for the first time!

Me too. Just got caught up on the
gauntlet
last bit where
everyone has to run

Either my colour blindness and tiredness caught me out or I just misunderstood.

Gonna watch a few videos of that bit and see if I can finish it today.

Bear in mind that with any MMO or online game, you can get some really unpleasable fanbases. During my time playing Guild Wars 2, I had people genuinely argue that mounts had no place in that MMO. You'll never be able to please all the players.

Of course, I won't pretend Bungie doesn't make aggravating decisions that merit criticism.

But I'd agree that some are viewing D1 through some nostalgic glasses. Pre-Taken King D1 wasn't a great time, it was a deeply flawed experience, I'll take D2 any day over that.

I mean.. there's so many waypoints that mounts really aren't needed in GW2, so that's a terrible example tbh.

I enjoyed D1 throughout the entirety of its existence. I also enjoy D2. The thing to take away from this is that the vocal minority (wanting mounts in GW2 or wanting D1 launch era grind) usually aren't right. But if they make enough noise, they can cause changes regardless.

dcassell

Banned
I was amazed when the group my friend and I matched with cleared Gauntlet in two tries. The best feeling ever.

Then I had to go. Queued with another group for Calus and it took five hours. So glad it's done!

alt27

Many people don’t realise the “anomalie cheese” works but you got to use it right .

If you really need to use it remember that you can only shoot a maximum amount of anomalies per nightfall . So better to save them until the 2 members of your fireteam have beaten the second ogre room

If you shoot them too quickly , you will get maxed out timer and it’s worthless

Fixed for accuracy. Unless you watch a video before hand, youre more than likely to have to run the nightfall twice the weeks they have the anomalies since the time youre gonna spend looking for them will likely offset the 30 second gains, especially this week.

I always play Nightfall blind, took 2 attempts this week and 2nd attempt finished with 4:45 left.
It really is all about efficient use of power weapons and supers, choosing the best weapons and subclasses and not dying.

Hnetuduft

I was amazed when the group my friend and I matched with cleared Gauntlet in two tries. The best feeling ever.

Then I had to go. Queued with another group for Calus and it took five hours. So glad it's done!

We two-shotted that shit! Amazing feeling. I just have Calus left and will have completed my first Destiny-raid. The rush of raiding really is something else. Never experienced that in a console game before.

CLBridges

Finally got around to completing the arms dealer strike for the exotic shotgun. It packs quite a punch, now I just need to run the raid a couple times to max it out.

_Legacy_

Finally got around to completing the arms dealer strike for the exotic shotgun. It packs quite a punch, now I just need to run the raid a couple times to max it out.

What level does it drop at, 300? I wonder if it will land at 305 for me, my Mida did...

Anyone else getting the Beaver error and I can also not travel to the tower. I don‘t think it‘s on my end, so just checking if others have problems right now?

CLBridges

It still kinda baffles me that Bungie removed the option to replay specific story missions. I'm really hoping the first dlc is one that brings back player options for story, strikes and crucible.

nikwhatsup

Neo Member
Anyone want me in their clan? I want do to a lot raiding, nightfall and trials of the nine. I am currently a 282 PL Warlock.

My clan is not active at all and guided games has such a long waiting time. My PSN ID is Nikwhatsup.

I live in Sweden though so you know there could be a time difference.

HenryEen

Banned
Anyone else getting the Beaver error and I can also not travel to the tower. I don‘t think it‘s on my end, so just checking if others have problems right now?

I think it's known issue that the game may crash if you travel to Tower (exclusive to PS4). Some people says that it's more likely to crash if you have inventory screen open when loading to Tower.

Hyun Sai

It still kinda baffles me that Bungie removed the option to replay specific story missions. I'm really hoping the first dlc is one that brings back player options for story, strikes and crucible.

I had near to zero experience with the Nighfall strike, as it only popped one time during strike matchmaking since launch for me.

Rrm

Neo Member
Has anyone else been getting a black screen when returning to the tower? This has happened to me twice today and the only thing I can do is restart the game. I can hit start to see the menu, and the sound still works, but nothing else.

Yes, happened to me 4 times in the last week.. Kinda annoying, good thing it boots up relatively fast again.

Is there a lot of dissent amongst the fanbase now that they’ve had time to digest the game?

I dunno. I just think it’s a much more refined experience than the first one was. It feels like it actually respects my time. I’m even making steady, satisfying progress without doing things like the raid or trials.

The first Destiny felt like Bungie was getting people to eat shit because they somehow managed to spike the shit with an addictive substance. Destiny 2 feels like we’re being served chocolate.

At least there was stuff to do with D1 and good grind to have like with random rolls

Destiny 2 feels like a big middle finger to the loyal players who've been playing for 3 years

Anyone want me in their clan? I want do to a lot raiding, nightfall and trials of the nine. I am currently a 282 PL Warlock.

My clan is not active at all and guided games has such a long waiting time. My PSN ID is Nikwhatsup.

I live in Sweden though so you know there could be a time difference.
The clan I’m in is fairly active for those types of things. We’ve been able to organise two separate raid teams so far.

It’s called Light Fragments. It’s open membership

Floody

No matter how simply it is explained to me, I cannot get my head around the system for infusing gear that already has legendary mods installed

An item with a mod always has 5 extra Power Level. So just take 5 off to get it's actual Power Level. If the item you want to infuse is higher than the modded item's base level, it can be infused.

So a 260 item with a mod is 265. You have a unmodded item that's 265 and infuse it, your modded items will go to 270.

Rrm

Neo Member
Anyone need two for trials or a fresh raid/encounter? We will be playing untill 6:00 pm CEST. And then again from 7:00 pm untill 11:00 pm

Mista

Banned
Me too. Just got caught up on the
gauntlet
last bit where
everyone has to run

Either my colour blindness and tiredness caught me out or I just misunderstood.

Gonna watch a few videos of that bit and see if I can finish it today.

Its the easiest of them all. A lot of team work and thats it

Mindlog

There are two obvious key components for a standard Nightfall run.

Creating Time - Memorize those anomaly spawns. Easier to do than it seems.

Saving Time - Make note of the enemies or sections that are costing you the most time and try to have your supers, grenades and heavies available for those occasions. Knights, Ogres and to a lesser extent Wizards can take a while to kill and are rather deadly. Dispatching them quickly keeps means less time wasted and less risk of being killed which is a large time sink. Bonus: Killing a major enemy with heavy often means more heavy.

After you have the basic approach complete you can actually run by a lot of stuff in this Week's Nightfall (takes coordination to diminish risk) and not even have to shoot a single Oracle.
Destiny 2 - Savathun's Song Nightfall World Record Speedrun [8:06]

I'll be around to help with Nightfalls.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Master Rahool is giving me vanilla D1 flashbacks.
The fucker gave me Skyburners Oath 3 fucking times today and Wordkcliff Coil and Vigilance Wing each twice yesterday.
I just need a good Auto Rifle :(

Trakan

I mean.. there's so many waypoints that mounts really aren't needed in GW2, so that's a terrible example tbh.

I enjoyed D1 throughout the entirety of its existence. I also enjoy D2. The thing to take away from this is that the vocal minority (wanting mounts in GW2 or wanting D1 launch era grind) usually aren't right. But if they make enough noise, they can cause changes regardless.

What if I want mounts in Destiny?

Top Bottom