• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

ori0n378e

The ๖ۜBronx;251281064 said:
Fan-fucking-tastic. Hate to gush but just had another clan Resurrection Raid and cleared it for the first time, including someone new to Destiny raids altogether. 5 members of the clan and a super warm thank you to Zocano for filling the sixth and filling in our knowledge gaps, alongside leading us to get all the chests.

I went in just hoping to get through dogs and baths so people could see a bit but not too much pressure. Absolutely destroyed each part when we got it down. Dogs first time, baths a few times because of bather issues, gauntlet down within three and then a few rounds on Calus but some with >50% damage. Spectacular.

Absolutely amazing time, couldn't be happier with the team - what a great effort. Fun throughout, no salt just laughs.

Loot: Gauntlets, 2x Pulse Rifle, Auto Rifle, SMG and Warlock Bond - very happy.

Great raid, made even better with great people. Definitely hits the #2 on my list of Destiny raids, just losing out to VoG.

This is truly what Destiny is about! Can't wait to get my first clear, most likely with Hawkian and his Sherpa Raids.

ori0n378e

you don't say

LgNGpZo.gif
LOL, I too have tried this with my Titan with no luck. Maybe there is a distance it needs to get to before the exotic is triggered, or, OR, you guys are just frikken lucky. 😒

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OK all people going NF this sucks

I literally was asked by a GAFfer to help him and his buddy out for Rat King
First try, we got boss down to 25% with 4.5 minutes left, so we restarted

Loadouts & Call outs are essential

If your Hunter Orpheus Rig + Nightstalkers or Celestial Nighthawk + Golden Gun pay huge dividends
Nighthawk + GG = What Ogre?
Orpheus + NS = Orb Factory

Titan - Striker - Double Pulse
Use either Crest of Alpha Lupi or if you got Sweet Business and Actium Wombo Combo that

Warlock - Storm caller, use either Tempest or Another World

You have to COMMUNICATE!
You have to say Burn the Knight down, each of you has to TeamShoot aka Focus Fire
They go down hella Quick!

I use Wardcliff Coil to destroy shield and chunk of health, another Rocket + any other DPS, bye bye Knight

My team had a 270, never ever did NF, was surprised at Timer mechanic

We asked him to do the Glitch with those 4 anomalies only 3-4 times

By the time he finished his rotations, me and batmanofnorway cleared everything duo by calling out and covering each other
He went to dunk the orb, I sent a volley of Rockets to keep him safe
Then we cleaned up

Hell last part to boss you can bypass and save roughly 30+ seconds, just need 1 to go into room

The thing is yeah it is tough, but if you work together, have the artillery, and kill stuff properly in sync, you can get Rat King done here

I forget our remaining time, I think it was 6.5-7.5 minutes left
Both the guys got their Rat Kings

So yeah...

Remember Knights are Arc, Witches are Void/Solar, if you cover all 3 Elements, you destroy this NF

Master Rahool is giving me vanilla D1 flashbacks.
The fucker gave me Skyburners Oath 3 fucking times today and Wordkcliff Coil and Vigilance Wing each twice yesterday.
I just need a good Auto Rifle :(

You don't have Origin Story or Uriel's Gift? Both are fairly easy to come by, first is a quest reward from Zavala and can also be obtained from vanguard tactician tokens, the second comes from Nessus token turn ins.

LOL, I too have tried this with my Titan with no luck. Maybe there is a distance it needs to get to before the exotic is triggered, or, OR, you guys are just frikken lucky. 😒

It's all RNG mate. But it's super fun to make loot fly, wouldn't you say?

Best part is when randoms don't know what's going on and they scamper around looking for the chest.

Hyun Sai

You don't have Origin Story or Uriel's Gift? Both are fairly easy to come by, first is a quest reward from Zavala and can also be obtained from vanguard tactician tokens, the second comes from Nessus token turn ins.

Uriel Gift can also come from Gunsmith, I got at least 2 from him.

The only people of my group of friends who never dropped Uriel got Lucifer in his gamertag. Go figure.

What are the best activities for glimmer farming? I seem to be permanently without any at this stage.

public events seem to work out for me but i'm not getting anywhere close to what i was early on. i was once at 99,999+ and once i started buying mods i had at least 50,000 at any time. now 10,000 seems like a lot to me.

GraveRobberX

Public Event farming, you recoup glimmer quickly

Roughly 25-30K glimmer per hour
If you have 10% more glimmer ghost perk that's a little more.

You also get Rares which you dismantle for materials and glimmer.

Good way to earn a lot of stuff within one activity
Glimmer, Loot, then break it for materials and glimmer, then chance at Legendary and Exotic Engrams on top of that
Token too in the process.

I always have 50,000 on me, burn 40,000 glimmer everyday
Only Tuesday reset do I dip below 40,000 with purchasing Caydes Chests
By end of the day I'm filled back up

Flashpoint Planet for that week is best place to PE farm, just keep abusing fast travel for other Guardians and also getting same event back to back sometimes
Heroic becomes Heroic+ so that's a nice benefit

Best I've ever done was on Titan, Witches Ritual, 4 straight
Just kept fast traveling after killing and looting the box

I should know, I'm an expert!

Bungie: hey guys how do we make the nightfall more challenging in D2?

Dev: let’s put a timer in every one of them!

Bungie: I love it

ori0n378e

Public Event farming, you recoup glimmer quickly

Roughly 25-30K glimmer per hour
If you have 10% more glimmer ghost perk that's a little more.

You also get Rares which you dismantle for materials and glimmer.

Good way to earn a lot of stuff within one activity
Glimmer, Loot, then break it for materials and glimmer, then chance at Legendary and Exotic Engrams on top of that
Token too in the process.

I always have 50,000 on me, burn 40,000 glimmer everyday
Only Tuesday reset do I dip below 40,000 with purchasing Caydes Chests
By end of the day I'm filled back up

Flashpoint Planet for that week is best place to PE farm, just keep abusing fast travel for other Guardians and also getting same event back to back sometimes
Heroic becomes Heroic+ so that's a nice benefit

Best I've ever done was on Titan, Witches Ritual, 4 straight
Just kept fast traveling after killing and looting the box

I should know, I'm an expert!

Same here, I've never really had to farm glimmer. Just playing the game and then realize I'm not getting glimmer anymore, I then go back to the tower and buy them blue mods. I buy 8 to drop me back down to 80k, then get back to blasting baddies...

Mindlog

Still around? I can get the Nightfall pre-game ball rolling.

I like the time mechanic. It's there to encourage you to press harder. This is a big part of what made the Black Spindle mission so initially difficult and fun. Memorizing where the anomalies are can be a chore, but that's also reminiscent of learning a raid mechanic. Honestly it would be nice to have a Nightfall ghost to help with your first run.

A Nightfall ghost that could be earned through in-game challenge and currency. Not an MT loot bag -_-

catspit

Still around? I can get the Nightfall pre-game ball rolling.

I like the time mechanic. It's there to encourage you to press harder. This is a big part of what made the Black Spindle mission so initially difficult and fun. Memorizing where the anomalies are can be a chore, but that's also reminiscent of learning a raid mechanic. Honestly it would be nice to have a Nightfall ghost to help with your first run.

A Nightfall ghost that could be earned through in-game challenge and currency. Not an MT loot bag -_-

I need NF on my Warlock. could I come with? :)

I had been putting off doing the Legend of Acrius quest because I just didn't really care about another exotic but joined a random LFG group today morning and we banged it out first try, I'd say if you have the quest might as well get it done. Easier than most of the nightfalls and all of the prestige's I'd say. The next step is to kill cabal with the shotgun you get, the three easy ways to get the multikill are doing public events on EDZ / Nessus, farming the infinite waves of cabal at the vendor EDZ drop point, or just zoning into the raid solo and shotgunning the left or right guys at the start and leaving / coming back, after 7-8 times you'll be done.

I wonder if next weeks nightfall is going to rotate back to the Arms Dealer, I actually did end up enjoying that strike and it will be pretty interesting to run in prestige mode.

sephi22

Gauntlet + Calus Raid
1. sephi22
2. Sharath (sephi22's friend, Calus newbie)
3. Stat (sephi22's other friend, also Calus newbie)
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Are you a bad enough dude/lady to carry us through the shadow realm? Starting in 2 hours from this post

Mindlog

>_<

I screwed up the start so hard and had another unnecessary death later. That was an 8 minute left on the clock clear. Thanks Stukd and GR.

Also can't figure out why the DS4 sometimes hates my mic and won't recognize it.

Same here, I've never really had to farm glimmer. Just playing the game and then realize I'm not getting glimmer anymore, I then go back to the tower and buy them blue mods. I buy 8 to drop me back down to 80k, then get back to blasting baddies...

I don't know how you guys don't go through Glimmer at an incredibly fast rate when it costs...

11,000 to apply Shader to a Sparrow
15,000 to apply Shader to a Ship
3,750 to apply Shader to Weapons
750 to apply Shader to any Armor
5,000 to apply Legendary Mod to Gear/Weapons
2,500 to purchase Rare Blue Mod
1,000 to roll Legendary gear/Weapon Mod
24,000 for Treasure Chests Locations

...not sure what the infusion costs are but that's another place to spend Glimmer as well as many others. I guess I go through it like no other but I'm always out of Glimmer and have a total of 17 days played across 3 characters (this includes Orbit/Social spaces).

JHall

I hope the people that thought Survival was a good idea for Trials can see the error of their ways after this weekend. What an awful game type.

JHall

was thinking about finding a group today, but if it's that bad i'll just skip

The problem is that there is no reason to move around the map. There is no objective to keep players flowing. Once you gain control of the power ammo building, you can just sit there.

Countdown is a much better game type for Trials.

Rrm

Neo Member
Gauntlet + Calus Raid
1. sephi22
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Are you a bad enough dude/lady to carry us through the shadow realm? Starting in 2 hours from this post

Me and my brother have never played any aspect of the raid, do you want us?

EDIT:
Gauntlet + Calus Raid
I think you guys are better just doing a fresh run. I can join you for that tomorrow (my time).
I already have 2 newbies in this group. With more, Calus will just take a long while, and I can't give that much time since we're starting at 10 PM my local time

Yeah you are right. Haven't got time tomorrow, but thanks anyway!
If anyone needs 2 for fresh raid or needs 2 for trials hit me up

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Glimmer cap should be 999,999.

Things can seem bad on paper but in real life be good. Survival in trials isn't too bad, games can be a bit too long but they can change that by lowering the amount of rounds to win.

sephi22

Gauntlet + Calus Raid
1. sephi22
4. Black_stig
5. Palantiri
6. ???

Need 1. But I think someone's messaged me on PSN

Me and my brother have never played any aspect of the raid, do you want us?
I think you guys are better just doing a fresh run. I can join you for that tomorrow (my time).
I already have 2 newbies in this group. With more, Calus will just take a long while, and I can't give that much time since we're starting at 10 PM my local time

GobFather

Gauntlet + Calus Raid
1. sephi22
4. Black_stig
5. Palantiri
6. ???

Need 1. But I think someone's messaged me on PSN

That was me. Me and one friend are trying to play together so if there isn’t another spot, someone can take the last spot. Thanks tho!

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I don't know how you guys don't go through Glimmer at an incredibly fast rate when it costs...

...not sure what the infusion costs are but that's another place to spend Glimmer as well as many others. I guess I go through it like no other but I'm always out of Glimmer and have a total of 17 days played across 3 characters (this includes Orbit/Social spaces).

A lot of the heathens here don’t understand fashion destiny... Yeah I spent 10hrs grinding EDZ for suit of wildwood armor cause it looks the best with the actium war rig. It was worth every min!

I guess because I don't care what my Sparrow or ship look like. 26 grand saved!

Sulik2

I'll never use a shader in this game since they are disposable, money goes much further.

SpeedNut

I don't, then again I'm the tool that only bothered finding 11 Korok seeds in the new Zelda. I don't burn shaders out of spite, so I would have to spend it on mods and chest locations and I just don't apply those fast enough vs. what I earn I guess.

GraveRobberX

Who in the blue hell is doing shaders on Ships and Sparrows at a constant rate?

Hell I have 3 exotic Sparrows, put 1 shader each if Sparrow default doesn't look good, that's it
Luckily all 3 have the Insta-Spawn ability on them

Ships same thing, don't have any exotic ships, no reason to shader them
Until then Rare Mods and Cayde get my glimmer

I delete all extra ships and Sparrows, no point, no kiosk, no reason you need an arsenal of ships/Sparrows, it's not like there's an Galactic Uber.
Also dismantle into more Bright Dust!

Hell now I'm just stockpiling rare mods over And over, not even converting them to Legendary

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Looking to jump into a raid. Haven’t done this one yet but I’m an experienced player.

PSN: OldKingKratos

Top Bottom