• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Hedera

Which Warlock chest is that?

I've find myself super disappointed with the visuals of some of them. I've been trying to get the Io chest piece as it looks to be pretty cool, but so far I've only got Tesseract Trace, Heiro Camo, & High-Minded Complex, none of which really do anything for me.

It's all about the Dresstiny.
I feel you. I only really like the raid one (which I've been wearing) and the Philomath/Sovereign Robes. I guess the Ikora one isn't bad either (the one from the first mission).

Also miss the exotic designs from D1 like Praxic Fire and Voidfang Vests.

Anyone willing to help out some Raid newbies (PS4)?
About to start in a few mins.

We're a group of 4 german folks (3x Hunter 292, 283, 281, 1x Warlock 284) and with the help of 2 randoms we managed to clear the first phase last thursday.
Now we would like to tackle the pleasure gardens and beyond.

We're not really what you could call good players. :D

- me
- friend of mine #1
- friend of mine #2
- friend of mine #3
- ???
- ???

Cornbread78

Me too. Maybe we should just form a noob raid and try our best? Or would that be a disaster?
If anyone's willing to help out i'd love to join and do the raid for the first time too.
I would like to join, one of those nights :p

You need at least 1 person to explain the mechanics or each of you watch the same Youtube video before hand. It's not "hard" once you get the mechanics down, but it is pretty unforgiving because if one person isn't doing their "job" everyone fails.

Ugh. I can't get over how good the lore is in this game. I just watched a raid lore video on Youtube, and that shit is absolutely fascinating.

Has Bungie ever come out to say why they keep this stuff relatively hidden away? How can a team create such interesting lore and then...keep it hidden? Why is this stuff not in game and more fleshed out?

z3phon

You need at least 1 person to explain the mechanics or each of you watch the same Youtube video before hand. It's not "hard" once you get the mechanics down, but it is pretty unforgiving because if one person isn't doing their "job" everyone fails.
Im watching a YouTube guide right now. :p

Ugh. I can't get over how good the lore is in this game. I just watched a raid lore video on Youtube, and that shit is absolutely fascinating.

Has Bungie ever come out to say why they keep this stuff relatively hidden away? How can a team create such interesting lore and then...keep it hidden? Why is this stuff not in game and more fleshed out?
It is in the game though. Each raid armor and weapon that drops has a piece of the lore. Collect them all to get all the lore except for the stuff that was in the collectors edition physical stuff...

It is in the game though. Each raid armor and weapon that drops has a piece of the lore. Collect them all to get all the lore except for the stuff that was in the collectors edition physical stuff...

That's true, but I guess what I'm saying is that I wish they would explore more of it as opposed to hard to find flavor text, and stuff that is hidden away in collectors edition things.

I had a similar issue with Bloodborne - I love the lore so much, and I guess I get frustrated when so much of it is cryptic and hidden away behind item descriptions that are easily missable.

Guess it's a preference thing, really. Such fascinating lore - it's a shame that most of it has to be worked for to unearth it. I want more people to see it.

zewone

In all my years of owning a PS4, no game has come close to the amount of crashes I've had with Destiny 2. How is this ok? Fix your damn Tower, Bungie.

Edit: Three times in a row I've crashed going to the Tower. This is absurd.
Edit 2: 4 times now.
Edit 3: 5 times.
Edit 4: 6 times
Edit 5: 8 times

Olengie

In all my years of owning a PS4, no game has come close to the amount of crashes I've had with Destiny 2. How is this ok? Fix your damn Tower, Bungie.

Edit: Three times in a row I've crashed going to the Tower. This is absurd.
Edit 2: 4 times now.
Edit 3: 5 times.

I know the feeling.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
It looks like the Raid piece.

Thought it might be, shame, I haven't touched the Raid yet, haven't had the time to dedicate to it sadly.

I feel you. I only really like the raid one (which I've been wearing) and the Philomath/Sovereign Robes. I guess the Ikora one isn't bad either (the one from the first mission).

I'm a bit disappointed in all three classes gear so far, none of which has really won be over and has made me want to really stick with anything, but it also might be I haven't got any of the proper endgame legendary stuff so far like the raid gear.

Though as a whole everything seems a lot bulkier than D1. My preference is usually female characters in these sorts of game, but everything looks like it is much bigger on characters than they did in D1, I feel like they scaled female characters armour pieces down a bit compared to male, especially titans, but didn't so much in this. That or I just can't remember that well.

LifEndz

Feel lucky to not have experienced the frequent crashes when going to the tower, but I do seem to get the extended black screen almost every time I go to the Tower. I'm actually trying to wait it out as I type this and thus far it's been about two minutes.

Truphenom

Finally decided to start my toons going on PS4 and.....Christ how do any of you double dippers deal with going through the campaign 6x??? The campaign isn't bad itself but it's such a chore to get to your rightful place as a powerful guardian lol.

Foxxsoxx

Man. I need prestige raid to hurry and come out. I have nothing else to look forward to until the DLCs come out.

On the bright side this is letting me tap into my backlog. Today I learned Wildlands is a pretty good game.

So, we just tried to clear phase 1 of the raid again, but after securing the first relict/standard and killing the first Councilor while defending it, the 2nd Councilor was nowhere to be found. Result: The next Liberator was unkillable and we lost the standard.

This is not the first time that happened.
Are we too dumb to find the Councilors or is this some kind of bug?

Still looking for two EU members willing to help out, see above.
PSN Yappadappadu

Lebneney

Banned
Just play the game normally except dont turn in the tokens yet and dont do the exotic quests. Almost every engram that drops from anything will help you. I wouldnt strictly burn yourself out on Heroic Public events. Mix in some Lost Sectors and do a strike or 2. They take longer yes, but you should hopefully just be enjoying yourself for that part.

Kk, thanks friendo!

Hyun Sai

Is the pool of player in quickplay that low ? We kept running into same 2 or 3 players for at least 6 matches...

THe matchmaking method for crucible is downright bizzarre. don't know if its SB or CB but it takes forever to get into a match - ain't nothing quick about quickplay.

Also this.

Bold One

THe matchmaking method for crucible is downright bizzarre. don't know if its SB or CB but it takes forever to get into a match - ain't nothing quick about quickplay.

def sim

Any room in the gaf clan? I want the benefits. ☺️

Also, finished the raid earlier and it only gave me one key instead of three. This sucks.

Dalek

1st raid done thanks guys. Now I’m at 305 finally. What’s the site that tells what Vendors are selling 300 engrams?

So, we just tried to clear phase 1 of the raid again, but after securing the first relict/standard and killing the first Councilor while defending it, the 2nd Councilor was nowhere to be found. Result: The next Liberator was unkillable and we lost the standard.

This is not the first time that happened.
Are we too dumb to find the Councilors or is this some kind of bug?

Still looking for two EU members willing to help out, see above.
PSN Yappadappadu

3 councilors can spawn, and they all spawn at different sides of the plate you are defending - to the left, right and in the center. Best to assign one person on the defense team as a floater who will always be on the lookout for the councilor.

If your attack team is fast enough, you can plant the flag even before a single councilor has spawned.

Olengie

I need more fashion choices I like those too as well as Robes of Optimacy

Top Bottom