• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

_woLf

Just beat the raid for the third time. Our group finished it in under 2 hours...dang. Crazy considering how long it took us originally.

Alucrid

Banned
cp7XhHW.jpg

pretty happy with the balance between looks and stats right now. i think i just need the trials arms and i'll be at min mobility and max resilience and recovery.

JTran2003

Need 4 for raid at gauntlets. Trying to help a buddy complete his first raid. I'm a 300 warlock and he's a 305 Titan. Hoping to find some people to help out. Psn is jtran2003.

You know what piss me of about Trials, if you lose you get nothing, no coins or at least fill your card to get something and since the challenges requires winning you are stuck if you are a bad player.

You know what piss me of about Trials, if you lose you get nothing, no coins or at least fill your card to get something and since the challenges requires winning you are stuck if you are a bad player.

Good lord, give everyone everything, it's the every kid gets a trophy for participation syndrome.

Earn it, get rewarded.

I don't play Trials as a disclaimer but I sure as hell don't want unearned rewards either.

Good lord, give everyone everything, it's the every kid gets a trophy for participation syndrome.

Earn it, get rewarded.

I don't play Trials as a disclaimer but I sure as hell don't want unearned rewards either.

I just want a proper PVP progression, feels like it would push my friends to try PVP more often.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is there a benefit to changing the elemental type on energy weapons from whatever the default is? I get that certain enemies are vulnerable to the different types, but if you're not going to carry and actually switch between all three kinds, is it even worth worrying about?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Big shout out to Afro and the crew for guiding me through my first complete Raid (and underbelly!).

You guys made it easy, I had a blast. 👍

As far as the Raid itself, I’d put it about here quality wise

VoG>>>>King’s Fall>>>>>Leviathan>>>>>>>>>>Crota

The encounters were fun for the most part but I’m befuddled by Bungie’s decision to make most of the loot only obtainable in an additional activity instead of straight up rewards for just clearing the encounters.

I actually got 7 or 8 Legendary engrams from the Raid and not a single one was useful or advanced my character in any way. The one exotic did pop at 305 power but it was a dupe. Overall good, but not Bungies best and the rewards need to be tweaked pretty dramatically.

I just want a proper PVP progression, feels like it would push my friends to try PVP more often.

Crucible, is your answer

Trials = End-game, best of the best, sense of accomplishment, etc.

Even though after experiencing the Raid through to completion and it taking 3 weeks to complete I am glad to have experienced it blind (sans for seeing the environments) with a small amount of a sense of accomplishment rather than being "carried" and my hand held every step of the way. I was literally 10 hours in from the Leviathan being launched, listening to a player talk a 100 mph explaining the first Baths encounter (because they had experienced it mere hours before) when I decided there was no way in hell this was how I was going to experience it for the first time and bailed, clan or no clan, no matter.

The sense of accomplishment, no matter how big or small is nearly dead in new Destiny content which compared to other disappointments with the game may be the biggest. Clan rewards/easily attainable gear/weapons has ruined the game and the longevity of it in many ways.

I'm glad to have received 3 straight sidearm Trials clan rewards as I did nothing to earn them in the first place. If I want to be rewarded I should be required to get better and at least be successful rather than just participating.

Is there a benefit to changing the elemental type on energy weapons from whatever the default is? I get that certain enemies are vulnerable to the different types, but if you're not going to carry and actually switch between all three kinds, is it even worth worrying about?

Even if you shoot them with the incorrect elemental damage you do more damage on them, the only difference is to pop their shields faster if you hit them with the correct element

In most cases element type is irrelevant. Yes you might gain a bit of damage from matching the shield element type but in a team shooting environment like nightfall or raid the gain is minimal. The only scenarios you want specific element type is 1) probably due to exotic/class perks like Voidwalker warlocks wanting full void damage with Nazrec's Sin, or 2) the Prism nightfall modifier where you want to spread out your elemental output.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Even if you shoot them with the incorrect elemental damage you do more damage on them, the only difference is to pop their shields faster if you hit them with the correct element

If you pop the shield with the corresponding element there’s also an AOE effect that can hit surrounding enemies.

Hey :)

So I finished the scenario missions with a friend yesterday and did a couple of other activities such as strikes, public events and challenges.
Now we're at 235 and I'm wondering what we should do from now on. I noticed the weekly obectives, and we did all of them. We tried Nightfall strike but it wiped the floor with our lifeless bodies.
Should we do strikes again? Is it worth it to do challenge on all planet? Since it gives some token for reputations I guess it is...

So I finished the scenario missions with a friend yesterday and did a couple of other activities such as strikes, public events and challenges.
Now we're at 235 and I'm wondering what we should do from now on. I noticed the weekly obectives, and we did all of them. We tried Nightfall strike but it wiped the floor with our lifeless bodies.
Should we do strikes again? Is it worth it to do challenge on all planet? Since it gives some token for reputations I guess it is...

Ignore strikes, and run public events till you can get to 260-265.

i cant find the answer anywhere. do raid and trials clan engrams give armor? ive yet to get anything but weapons from them so im assuming they dont. if thats the case, have they explained why? im asking because im pretty much 99% pve, but the trials warlock helmet is so pretty. i dont care if it drops at 10, id infuse into it :').

i cant find the answer anywhere. do raid and trials clan engrams give armor? ive yet to get anything but weapons from them so im assuming they dont. if thats the case, have they explained why? im asking because im pretty much 99% pve, but the trials warlock helmet is so pretty. i dont care if it drops at 10, id infuse into it :').
Yes, you can get armour from raid and trials engrams.

Sh0k

anybody knows if there is going to be any server maintenance this week? Is it going to be today or tomorrow?

I think I just used up all of my favour from RNGesus in the past couple of minutes. Got Karnstein's armlets and Winter's guile back to back, the former from a legendary and the latter from Cayde for Flashpoint.

Time to go sacrifice a few more goats.

Yes, you can get armour from raid and trials engrams.

Clan engrams for Raid and Trials only give weapons.

Trials Warlock helmet is literally the ugliest piece of gear in the game.

anybody knows if there is going to be any server maintenance this week? Is it going to be today or tomorrow?

They haven't mentioned anything for this week afaik

Literally anything you like. Pretty much anything (except patrols) will give blue items that are the main route for levelling up to 260.
Public events are fastest. Mix it up with other stuff if you get bored.

I ran the nightfall on my alt last night, but failed this time. The team were committed to skipping everything they could (plus respawning the anomalies for extra time).
It was interesting to see how much can be skipped, but rushing past everything means dozens of deaths (both avoidable and unavoidable).
I much prefer the DPS-challenge of systematically killing (almost) everything, rushing the last thrall area only. It's more satisfying than the chaotic luck-challenge of dashing past a dozen majors and hoping they don't destroy you.
It would've been much easier if we spent 30 seconds thinning the field before rushing rather than 30 seconds dying.

Top Bottom