• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Not even close to the Foetracer.

Foetracer always reminds me of:

jabba_s_throne_room25.jpg

Cornbread78

We have a few trained sherpas from GAF Gold Warriors that will be running a couple "NOOB" raids Thursday night for NeoGAF folks that have not gotten a chance to run the raid yet and would love to give it a shot.

Details:

Thursday night (10/12) "Noob" raids:

"NOOB" Group#1 Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp.

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow

Newbs:
-
-
-
-

"Noob" Group#2. Starts at 8pm bst sharp.

Sherpas:
TommyCronin
MrMikeh

Newbs:
CptSupermarket
Silav101
Guppeth
-

These guys will be patient and explain everything. Just come eager to learn, ready to listen and clamoring to shoot aliens with guns and aliens with duel blades as well as shooting arrows and lanterns and all sorts of stuff that needs to get shot..

*Warning, some dogs will die in the progress of the raid.

Post here or shoot me a PM if you are availible and want to experience the raid with sone guided help.

(NA Dates/times and Sherpas to come forth soon)

Literally anything you like. Pretty much anything (except patrols) will give blue items that are the main route for levelling up to 260.
Public events are fastest. Mix it up with other stuff if you get bored.

I ran the nightfall on my alt last night, but failed this time. The team were committed to skipping everything they could (plus respawning the anomalies for extra time).
It was interesting to see how much can be skipped, but rushing past everything means dozens of deaths (both avoidable and unavoidable).
I much prefer the DPS-challenge of systematically killing (almost) everything, rushing the last thrall area only. It's more satisfying than the chaotic luck-challenge of dashing past a dozen majors and hoping they don't destroy you.
It would've been much easier if we spent 30 seconds thinning the field before rushing rather than 30 seconds dying.

What was your power level when you did that? I didn't know about the anomalies but in the end even with the extra time we would have still failed :p

Achamian

We have a few trained sherpas from GAF Gold Warriors that will be running a couple "NOOB" raids Thursday night for NeoGAF folks that have not gotten a chance to run the raid yet and would love to give it a shot.

Details:

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow
-
-
-
-

Sherpas:
TommyCronin
MrMikeh
-
-
-
-

These guys will be patient and explain everything. Just come eager to learn, ready to listen and clamoring to shoot aliens with guns and aliens with duel blades as well as shooting arrows and lanterns and all sorts of stuff that needs to get shot..

Post here or shoot me a PM if you are availible and want to experience the raid with sone guided help.

Can i get in on group 2 please? Psn is CptSupermarket

Hunter currently sitting at 261.

Thanks

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Every time I equip Foetracer all I think is M..M..M.. M.A.S.K.

Masked Crusaders Hunters, Working Overtime,
Fighting Crime For their Light, Fighting Crime! For their Light!
Secret Raiders Who Will Neutralize,
As Soon As They Arrive, At The Site
Trakker's Warlocks Gonna Lead The Mission,
And Spectrum's Titans Got Such Super Vision! [To Titan Smash, Titan Smash!]

M-M-M-M.A.S.K.!!
Is The Mighty Power That Can Save The Day!
M-M-M-M.A.S.K.!!
No One Knows What Lies Behind The Masquerades!
M-M-M-M.A.S.K.!!
Always Riding Hot On V.E.N.O.M.'s The Darkness Trail!
Come See The "Coldheart" Laser Rays!
Fire Away!

Look Fortracer:
Xb1PdNg.jpg

Cornbread78

Can i get in on group 2 please? Psn is CptSupermarket

Hunter currently sitting at 261.

Thanks

Added you. If you have time in the next few days, run through your weekly milestones (Call to Arms and Nightfall) to help boost you up as close to 270 as you can get.

Oh and don't get worried if Mike and Tommy start arguing about tea for a minute of two, that 's what you get with a proud Brit & Irishman that love their tea....

Achamian

Added you. If you have time in the next few days, run through your weekly milestones (Call to Arms and Nightfall) to help boost you up as close to 270 as you can get.

Oh and don't get worried if Mike and Tommy start arguing about tea for a minute of two, that 's what you get with a proud Brit & Irishman that love their tea....

Thanks and will do milestones. As long as they drink yorkshire gold we'll get along just fine.

void666

Banned
Oh OT, here you are!

Quick question about dogos:
How does their "AI" work? Do they have a cone of vision? Can they hear us? Does it matter if we crouch walk or stand?

Silav101

Can I interest you in a proto-newbie-raid tomorrow night EST?

It isn't possible to solo the raid; it also doesn't suck :p

I would say if you intend to play literally solo, it isn't worth it at present. Wait for a version with a bunch of content collected for a $60 price point entry, and you'll get a ton of value. If you don't intend to play with others in any way there's some fun to be had but you'll miss out on the best the game has to offer and reach the end of that tunnel much more quickly.

However, do note that you are already in a great place to find people to play with if you are willing to do so. :)

Details:

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow
-
-
-
-

Sherpas:
TommyCronin
MrMikeh
CptSupermarket
-
-
-

Absolutely in for 8pm BST (I assume British Summer Time?)! I have a hunter and a warlock around 293+ (depends on my loadout).

PSN name is the same as my gaf name, woot.

Deku Tree

Guardians the
triangle ship people
(D2 end campaign spoiler) are for D3 right?
Nezarec the lord of the Darkness
is discussed here a bit https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...arec_the_darkness_and_future_dlc_raid_bosses/

No way Bungie would introduce a whole new enemy type just for a DLC.

Yes I know about the Taken, but they were just a reskin. Maybe we get some alternative reskin for D2 DLC.

I think that we are going to be shooting the same enemies until D3 imo.

Silav101

yeah. Right now, Mike and Tommy are on the same time because of BST, but soon enough they will be an hour apart. Damn timezone nonsense.... lol.

Timezones are absolutely fucking shit when you have to deal with multiple time conversions in software.

But good to know, totes looking forward to it!

Cornbread78

Timezones are absolutely fucking shit when you have to deal with multiple time conversions in software.

But good to know, totes looking forward to it!

lol, yup.

London and Ireland are at the same time right now, but when bst ends Ireland will be an hour behind London time...

I'm EST and we are always 5 hours behind London, so their time change must be at the same time as ours,...

Guardians the
triangle ship people
is discussed here a bit https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...arec_the_darkness_and_future_dlc_raid_bosses/

Yes I know about the Taken, but they were just a reskin. Maybe we get some alternative reskin for D2 DLC.

I could be wrong but I don't think the intention here is for them to shelve all that until Destiny 3. Whatever it is, it will be part of the focus for the first major Destiny 2 expansion likely in the Fall of 2018.

Cornbread78

I could be wrong but I don't think the intention here is for them to shelve all that until Destiny 3. Whatever it is, it will be part of the focus for the first major Destiny 2 expansion likely in the Fall of 2018.

but all would be right in the world if they did give us a new enemy to battle with the first DLC and grew that lore through the next few DLC packs.

GraveRobberX

They always were jobbers, at best.

I swear if we get a Bald NPC with a Serpent Medal stamped into their forehead, I'll scream

Maybe that's Zavala 2.0!

Dun.. dun.. dun...

Teal'c just hiding amongst us

!!!!
(We SG-1 now, Bitches!)

Guardians the
triangle ship people

It would be nice if they introduced something new. Most of this game feels like one giant re-skin so far.

Silav101

I swear if we get a Bald NPC with a Serpent Medal stamped into their forehead, I'll scream

Maybe that's Zavala 2.0!

Dun.. dun.. dun...

Teal'c just hiding amongst us

!!!!
(We SG-1 now, Bitches!)

I would be pleased as punch with a Daniel-type NPC, myself. Asher is the closest we have, and he's a douchenugget :D

GraveRobberX

It would be nice if they introduced something new. Most of this game feels like one giant re-skin so far.

Still hilarious how enemies in this are just super sized versions of trash

Captain > Archon > Kell > Named Fallen Captain

Hell you would think. Devil Walkers would get a 2.0 version, nope they just throw 2 if you make PTEs go Heroic

Like in this infinite space, there's these alien races and the only thing setting them apart is how bigger and names they are than the rest...

Mindlog

This is just wild speculation, but I am 100% confirming that the inside Gauntlet team will be dealing with some floor is lava platform hopping foolishness. That setup just screams, 'Hey the floor is going to drop out.' That water also looks like bath water.

Also, I'm dead serious when I say Warlock jump is the best jump for Gauntlet. Easy mode. Miss an orb? "Who cares!?"
Miss two orbs? "We can still recover."
Miss three orbs? "I'm I Warlock. I got this."

void666

Banned
Still hilarious how enemies in this are just super sized versions of trash

Captain > Archon > Kell > Named Fallen Captain

Hell you would think. Devil Walkers would get a 2.0 version, nope they just throw 2 if you make PTEs go Heroic

Like in this infinite space, there's these alien races and the only thing setting them apart is how bigger and names they are than the rest...

In D2 i was expecting fallen walkers to... walk. They still just turn around.

GraveRobberX

In D2 i was expecting fallen walkers to... walk. They still just turn around.

Zooming on your Sparrow, make the bank turn into the new zone on EDZ

Fucking Caravan of Fallen with a Devil Walker in tow, with Pikes and Servitors

Guardian quickly gets off, fires his Ghost Flare/Signal

All of a sudden, 6-8 Guardians drop down and chaos ensues

The Dream!

This is just wild speculation, but I am 100% confirming that the inside Gauntlet team will be dealing with some floor is lava platform hopping foolishness. That setup just screams, 'Hey the floor is going to drop out.' That water also looks like bath water.

Also, I'm dead serious when I say Warlock jump is the best jump for Gauntlet. Easy mode. Miss an orb? "Who cares!?"
Miss two orbs? "We can still recover."
Miss three orbs? "I'm I Warlock. I got this."

I'm going to need to see a video of this, because I'm always the last one through on my Warlock in the Gauntlet. Their jump is just way too floaty even with the speed boost guide. The only way maybe I could see them being fast enough to not worry too much about picking up orbs is blink, but I can't reliably platform with it.

Trakan

Guardians the
triangle ship people

I don't think an expansion is out of the realm of possibility, but I'd also bet on D3.

They're going to need something big like new subclasses and new enemies for a big TTK expansion though.

Cornbread78

The Dream!

Along that line of thinking. I think it would be pretty cool if they implemented some "legendary" events/enemies like Pokemon' Go that would kick off until 9-12 guardians showed up, then threw a giant bubble around that portion of the map on each server and then offered a couple scenarios at random.

Would love to try and take down a giant baddie or hoards of tough enemies with a bunch of other folks... I wonder if their engine could handle this type of thing and how many players they could max these events at?

I'm going to need to see a video of this, because I'm always the last one through on my Warlock in the Gauntlet. Their jump is just way too floaty even with the speed boost guide. The only way maybe I could see them being fast enough to not worry too much about picking up orbs is blink, but I can't reliably platform with it.
Everyone I run the raid with just knows I'm going to die at that part ahead of time, so they push forward with that assumption...

nikwhatsup

Neo Member
Just had a great experience playing the nightfall through guided game. Met two guys from Pennsylvania and completed the nightfall on the third try. They were super friendly and approachable from start.

I love these kinds of multiplayer experiences.

void666

Banned

The Dream!

That would be too epic. We can't have that.

Can you even shoot the 'shoulder' gun off the D2 walkers. People used to do that in D1, but I've not seen it in D2.

I never tried.
You know, it's so weird that their ARMORED legs are their weak spot. Just like cabal shields have their weak spot in the middle. The spot that should be stronger...

Along that line of thinking. I think it would be pretty cool if they implemented some "legendary" events/enemies like Pokemon' Go that would kick off until 9-12 guardians showed up, then threw a giant bubble around that portion of the map on each server and then offered a couple scenarios at random.

Would love to try and take down a giant baddie or hoards of tough enemies with a bunch of other folks... I wonder if their engine could handle this type of thing and how many players they could max these events at?

Everyone I run the raid with just knows I'm going to die at that part ahead of time, so they push forward with that assumption...

I imagined flashpoints would be nightfall versions of patrol zones. Harder enemies, modifiers. Bosses wandering around. A huge boss battle in a huge area with a message broadcast warning all guardians in the vicinity.

I still love this game. But there's so much wasted potential. It's sad.

Trakan

slayerage made a great post on reddit regarding the state of the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/757x6s/on_power_balance_and_commitment_issues/

This is the line that resonates with me most:

while Destiny 1's loot wasn't all amazing, I would say the average D1 roll was comparable to most of the D2 fixed rolls

It's totally true, and the problem currently with fixed rolls. None of them feel like anything special. If you want to do static perks, they all have to be great. None of them should feel like an average roll from D1, which an overwhelming majority of them do.

Is there really no way of changing the campaign's difficulty?! I remember there being the option in Destiny 1,but apparently it was patched out there too?

What was the benefit of removing it? The gunplay is good, but right now it all feels trivial, and you shouldn't have to get to post game content to fix that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/757x6s/on_power_balance_and_commitment_issues/

It's totally true, and the problem currently with fixed rolls. None of them feel like anything special. If you want to do static perks, they all have to be great. None of them should feel like an average roll from D1, which an overwhelming majority of them do.

I agree with everything he said. The part that sucks the most is that there are so many little things Bungie could do that would drastically increase enjoyment of the game for everyone. This post hits on a lot of them.

The only good news, as I've always said, is that Bungie tends to listen. I fully expect the next DLC to address many of these complaints, which are made on a daily basis by many folks.

Silvard

Having read slayerage's post, I disagree with like 90% of what he has to say, and I dislike all of his suggestions. For my own personal sake I really hope Bungie remains steadfast in making a game that respects people's time, unlike D1 or people's misguided idea of what D2 should be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone interested in a "blind" Prestige Raid tomorrow at launch (10 AM PST), right on the dot? Not going for world first or even close, but going in as soon as it's up and hopefully getting through to the end. Just need to be at least 300 PL, and be experienced with the normal mode raid and all its different roles (Ie. Running the orb at gauntlet or doing the shadow realm at Calus), in case the the Prestige mode randomizes who gets to do what in an encounter.

If you're interested then let me know!

1. SilvardCT

void666

Banned
I agree with everything he said. The part that sucks the most is that there are so many little things Bungie could do that would drastically increase enjoyment of the game for everyone. This post hits on a lot of them.

The only good news, as I've always said, is that Bungie tends to listen. I fully expect the next DLC to address many of these complaints, which are made on a daily basis by many folks.

I'm sure Bungie will improve the game as time goes on. But how long will it take? Will we still be around when they do?

Bold One

The Dream!
I legit thought this was how it was gonna go down

Is there really no way of changing the campaign's difficulty?! I remember there being the option in Destiny 1,but apparently it was patched out there too?

What was the benefit of removing it? The gunplay is good, but right now it all feels trivial, and you shouldn't have to get to post game content to fix that.
Equip lower Power weapons and the campaign gets more difficult. I think that may actually be the equivalent of the Heroic option in destiny 1 campaign, I think that just increased the level of the enemies without actually changing anything else.

Shiv47

Yeah, I totally agree with most of that. I love the idea of building toward a god roll weapon. Hopefully the game will get better with passing expansions, I would love to play it more, but right now don't see the point.

Also, I'm getting an infection threat warning from some picture on this page, some picture of "jabbas_throne_room"?

Destiny needs to increase the customization. Increase the number of mod slots. The slots can be used to add the perks to differentiate your weapon. Have exotic mods. I want to focus on rifts and grenades. Let me put these skill points there. Things like that will give the game life. It's a level of investment that causal players won't notice and will give the dedicated base something to be invested in

Top Bottom