• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

black stig

Neo Member
Zooming on your Sparrow, make the bank turn into the new zone on EDZ

Fucking Caravan of Fallen with a Devil Walker in tow, with Pikes and Servitors

Guardian quickly gets off, fires his Ghost Flare/Signal

All of a sudden, 6-8 Guardians drop down and chaos ensues

The Dream!

Just imagine.

And faction fireteams to *really* decide who wins the rallies. Space Emo’s wrecked the hardest with our endgame patrols/lost sectors/adventures/random invasions, so here’s your cheap scout...

They’ve built a great sandbox with the best gunplay. So much potential. Have to hope this is on a design whiteboard somewhere in Bungie.

Guardians the
triangle ship people
(D2 end campaign spoiler) are for D3 right?
Nezarec the lord of the Darkness
is discussed here a bit https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...arec_the_darkness_and_future_dlc_raid_bosses/

No way Bungie would introduce a whole new enemy type just for a DLC.

Yes I know about the Taken, but they were just a reskin. Maybe we get some alternative reskin for D2 DLC.

I think that we are going to be shooting the same enemies until D3 imo.

The image looks Vex in nature tbh. Some slight Egyptian influences as well.

Guppeth

We have a few trained sherpas from GAF Gold Warriors that will be running a couple "NOOB" raids Thursday night for NeoGAF folks that have not gotten a chance to run the raid yet and would love to give it a shot.

Details:

Thursday night (10/12) "Noob" raids:

"NOOB" Group#1 Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp.

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow

-
-
-
-

"Noob" Group#2. Starts at 8pm bst sharp.

Sherpas:
TommyCronin
MrMikeh

CptSupermarket
Silav101
-
-

These guys will be patient and explain everything. Just come eager to learn, ready to listen and clamoring to shoot aliens with guns and aliens with duel blades as well as shooting arrows and lanterns and all sorts of stuff that needs to get shot..

*Warning, some dogs will die in the progress of the raid.

Post here or shoot me a PM if you are availible and want to experience the raid with sone guided help.

(NA Dates/times and Sherpas to come forth soon)

I'd love to join the 8pm raid if possible. I can bring whichever class is most useful (all 300+) but I'd prefer warlock. I raided a couple of times in D1 but haven't touched Leviathan yet.

I am still having issues with vault space in year 4 - some things in Destiny never change ;)
They need to either let you hold more freaking mods, let me get glimmer when I dismantle rare mods or just increase the freaking vault space.

Oh and where did my sparrow and ship collections go?

While the Live Team was making improvements to D1, the D2 wasn't taking those same improvements into D2? Weird.

And get rid of class specific mods.

slayerage made a great post on reddit regarding the state of the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/757x6s/on_power_balance_and_commitment_issues/

This is the line that resonates with me most:

It's totally true, and the problem currently with fixed rolls. None of them feel like anything special. If you want to do static perks, they all have to be great. None of them should feel like an average roll from D1, which an overwhelming majority of them do.

Gotta say

Im with him on most of his points

Destiny 2 is basically beat everything and move on

Juan

Like all games?

Is it not a bit too-much to expect from Destiny an infinite replayability? (I agree on a lot of points he mentioned about D2, but chasing numbers always mean you will soon or later face a wall.)

Like all games?

Is it not a bit too-much to expect from Destiny an infinite replayability? (I agree on a lot of points he mentioned about D2, but chasing numbers always mean you will soon or later face a wall.)

Im not saying it was a negative

Its ambiguous

You either like how its setup or you dont

Like all games?

Yeah, some of the complaints here are ridiculous. I infinitely prefer the way loot is handled now, just wish there were even more chances to get it.

v1perz53

Gotta say

Im with him on most of his points

Yea, I was about to write up a post with my thoughts, but they are really very similar. I've made my points on fixed roll armor many times (it is idiotic, especially since armor is the major way to cosmetically alter your character it should have random rolls), but after playing a bit more I even really dislike static rolls on weapons.

Thing is, with fixed perks, if a weapon isn't good now, it will never be good. At least in D1 every weapon archetype had a set of perks that could roll on that weapon to make it good and useable, so you could try different guns. Now in D2, no gun is better in crucible than my current Uriel's Gift or Last Hope, so every weapon drop is now uninteresting. Even exotics are uninteresting now, since they all have fixed perks with no ability to change them like in D1, so if you don't like how a gun fires I guess you just don't use it.

I don't mind the grind being the way it is, and being "done" for the week after a couple hours is fine, but I think the loot is the major problem right now. I have 130 weapons in my vault (no raid or trials weapons). There is exactly one weapon I still want that I don't have (curtain call rocket launcher), so I know every single engram I loot from EDZ or Gunsmith or Nessus tokens will be fully worthless, and it saps a lot of excitement from the game. If my light can't increase it is nice to at least have the chance to get items that are cool and that I want...

Like all games?

The main issue is D1 had the infinite replayability people are looking for. Because of random rolls, every time you got a gun it could theoretically be the god roll you were looking for and give you something cool you didn't have before. And every weapon could be good because of this, so you could often try new things. Sure, you could theoretically get all guns you wanted with perfect rolls, but the time to do that vs the time to collect every gun in the game now is way different. Increasing your Light/Power was never the final loop of destiny, the guns were.

No, you only skip the encounters in-between phases. You still need to clear all three phases before you can take on Calus.
Sorry for the dumb question but what do you mean with "encounters in-between phases"?
The opening Castellum level of the Raid with the three banners? I thought that this also counted as a "phase". Am I wrong?
So far we cleared the first level with the three banners and then we entered the pleasure gardens where we failed, so we'll try again in a few days. Though I read in a guide that next up was suposed to be the "Royal Pools"?

Oh, I think I got it. Do we actually have the free choice between 3 doors in the opening Castellum level? So depending on where we put the three banners, the corresponding door/phase will open??

slayerage made a great post on reddit regarding the state of the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/757x6s/on_power_balance_and_commitment_issues/

This is the line that resonates with me most:

It's totally true, and the problem currently with fixed rolls. None of them feel like anything special. If you want to do static perks, they all have to be great. None of them should feel like an average roll from D1, which an overwhelming majority of them do.

At this point my thoughts about the game are.

1- FUCK CASUALS
2- Bring back the most stupid and retarded grind you can think off.
3- So casuals can get even more fucked.
4- Also P2P and no dedicated servers so PVP can get fucked too.

And yes, every time i want to give some thoughts about the game i get triggered due how bad it is.

v1perz53

Yeah, some of the complaints here are ridiculous. I infinitely prefer the way loot is handled now, just wish there were even more chances to get it.

Odd, I have the exact opposite complaint, I feel loot is TOO plentiful in Destiny 2. Unless you mean more chances to get loot that is actually an UPGRADE, then I agree. But, while I've played a good amount of Destiny, I haven't played THAT much and I already have every single gun in the game that I want aside from one (not counting raid/trials which I don't do). Fixed rolls means all the bad guns are forever bad and I can just ignore them, and even the good guns once I get one of them I'm done forever.

The way loot is now, there are so few guns and armor pieces that are actually good from a "be as strong as you can be in the game" perspective, and you can get them all without that much effort. The only way the system is good is if you want a game that you can "finish" and stop playing.

Oh OT, here you are!

Quick question about dogos:
How does their "AI" work? Do they have a cone of vision? Can they hear us? Does it matter if we crouch walk or stand?

Dogs mostly see straight ahead and for a good distance. They can hear sprinting & double jumping. There was some early talk about them hearing if you walk through a puddle, but I haven't seen that confirmed. Important for prism-runners, if you're right above a dog, they can hear you double jump too.

Sandoval

I was hoping for a bit of not-quite-destiny related advice. I'm trying to find a headset for the PS4 that's open-eared, has a mic mute function, and a decent mic. I'm currently using the default PS4 mono-mic and people in my group are getting all sadfaced about my mic.

I'm kicking around the idea of picking up a lavalier mic to plug into the controller and using my first gen Astro mixamp with some Sennheiser 555's, but that's a lot of wires going all over the world.

Kaibutsu

So I was the only one in our raid group to get the Loot-a-palooza key which I then took to the tower
and started the "public event"
. I got the
Dance Party key
no problem from the chest and then went to fwc to
start the party
which started without issue. So the thing is... The chest that spawned didn't give me jack shit. I think it was like 250 glimmer. I actually thought the chest was glitched because it kept giving me the prompt to collect loot but every time I would hold the button down it would do nothing. Thanks Bungie, you guys are assholes

edit: figured I should spoiler tag some parts if people don't want to know

Cornbread78

Sorry for the dumb question but what do you mean with "encounters in-between phases"?
The opening Castellum level of the Raid with the three banners? I thought that this also counted as a "phase". Am I wrong?
So far we cleared the first level with the three banners and then we entered the pleasure gardens where we failed, so we'll try again in a few days. Though I read in a guide that next up was suposed to be the "Royal Pools"?

Oh, I think I got it. Do we actually have the free choice between 3 doors in the opening Castellum level? So depending on where we put the three banners, the corresponding door/phase will open??

No worries man.

The three main raid phases are the
Gardens/Dogs
Baths/Lanterns
and
Gauntlets

The phase order is randomized each week after the reset.

When you initially start the raid, you have that "banner" encounter to open the door to start the first phase. Completing this opens the door to officially kick off the first major phase of the raid, you also get rewards (engrams/weapons/armor) from the reward chest once that door opens.

After each main phase, you have to do this "banner" encounter again to unlock the next door, however, you can use the underbelly shortcuts to skip this encounter because you no longer get the chest rewards (glimmer only) for completing it.

Example from this past week:

"Banner Encounter"

Phase 1
"Dogs"

"Banner Encounter"

Phase 2
"Baths"

"Banner Encounter"

Phase 3
"Gaunlets"

"Banner Encounter"

Calus

Bladelaw

Is there a guided game FAQ anywhere? I kinda want to clear the nightfall but funding folks on Xbox One is a pain in the ass. I've pushed to 275PL so I should be ok to get through.

I'd like to see how a Guided Game works in practice.

f@luS

More than a member.
I’ll do a fresh raid my 3rd one in 50minutes from now

Let’s do it fast and clean.

Leave I’d

-f@lus
-
-
-
-
-

I was hoping for a bit of not-quite-destiny related advice. I'm trying to find a headset for the PS4 that's open-eared, has a mic mute function, and a decent mic. I'm currently using the default PS4 mono-mic and people in my group are getting all sadfaced about my mic.

I'm kicking around the idea of picking up a lavalier mic to plug into the controller and using my first gen Astro mixamp with some Sennheiser 555's, but that's a lot of wires going all over the world.

I use the Audio-Technica ATH-PDG1 which is open eared, good sound quality, and a good mic with inline mute switch. A little on the pricey side at $129 on Amazon but I can't find a price on the 555' s (558' s are similarly priced before a lav comes into play though).

It's cheaper than most game branded stuff too.

No worries man.

The three main raid phases are the
Gardens/Dogs
Baths/Lanterns
and
Gauntlets

The phase order is randomized each week after the reset.

When you initially start the raid, you have that "banner" encounter to open the door to start the first phase. Completing this opens the door to officially kick off the first major phase of the raid, you also get rewards (engrams/weapons/armor) from the reward chest once that door opens.

After each main phase, you have to do this "banner" encounter again to unlock the next door, however, you can use the underbelly shortcuts to skip this encounter because you no longer get the chest rewards (glimmer only) for completing it.

Example from this past week:

"Banner Encounter"

Phase 1
"Dogs"

"Banner Encounter"

Phase 2
"Baths"

"Banner Encounter"

Phase 3
"Gaunlets"

"Banner Encounter"

Calus

Thanks, so every week there's a specific order of the main challenges/phases and it doesn't matter at all in front of what door we put the banners in the banner encounters?
And since we cleared the banner encounter once, does that mean we can skip them all now or only the one corresponding to the phase that we already tried once (
pleasure gardens
)?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
PvE I would have to saw Hawthornes

PvP its likely the trials one

But like... With the new system just about any heavy weapon is a one shot kill soooo

Yeah. I was asking because i got a 305 shotgun but was looking to use it as infusion fodder because It's not that great. I guess I'll just infuse hawthorne's again.

JHall

Is there a guided game FAQ anywhere? I kinda want to clear the nightfall but funding folks on Xbox One is a pain in the ass. I've pushed to 275PL so I should be ok to get through.

I'd like to see how a Guided Game works in practice.

PM me your Gamertag. I'll be on in 20 minutes.

Cornbread78

Thanks, so every week there's a specific order of the main challenges/phases and it doesn't matter at all in front of what door we put the banners in the banner encounters?

And we can only skip the banner encounters that we already cleared.
If we don't know the phases order of the new week, then how do we find out if a banner encounter is skippable?

It's a set format after each reset and the placement of the banner event tells you which is going to happen first. That order is the same for everyone that runs the raid each reset. I usually just start shooting at this point, so I haven't heard of a more detailed explanation, so someone please chime in if it is deeper than what I laid out.

After the first banner encounter, all others can be skipped and the next phase can be accessed from the underbelly. You have to access each phase in the order in which they were intended for that week; the door from the underbelly will not let you enter if you are out of order.

Sandoval

I use the Audio-Technica ATH-PDG1 which is open eared, good sound quality, and a good mic with inline mute switch. A little on the pricey side at $129 on Amazon but I can't find a price on the 555' s (558' s are similarly priced before a lav comes into play though).

It's cheaper than most game branded stuff too.

Cool, I'll give these a look. The price isn't much of an issue so much as getting what I'm after. I already have the Senn 555's. They're a generation or two old at this point, so it's not something you can find on Amazon. Thanks for your recommendation.

Everyone looking forward to Duplicate Tuesday? I do still need a a 300 PL Cloak just to get to the meaningless 305 PL on my Hunter to complete the trio.

At least you'll get the Prestige Raid with spiffy armor (no specific perks) and Duplicate weapons.

Curious what the modifiers will be for the Nightfall, please change them up Bungie on the second go around for all the Strikes...please.

Edit: Oh damn, forgot about Iron Banner, there is something to look forward to after all.

It's a set format after each reset and the placement of the banner event tells you which is going to happen first. That order is the same for everyone that runs the raid each reset. I usually just start shooting at this point, so I haven't heard of a more detailed explanation, so someone please chime in if it is deeper than what I laid out.
So am I wrong in thinking that I can put the three banners in front of whatever door we want? Is there only one specific door each time that can be used? I haven't tried out, so not sure.

After the first banner encounter, all others can be skipped and the next phase can be accessed from the underbelly. You have to access each phase in the order in which they were intended for that week; the door from the underbelly will not let you enter if you are out of order.
Does that mean that with every new raid run we still have to do the first banner encounter?

EDIT:

And is the progress reset every week?

Balphon

So am I wrong in thinking that I can put the three banners in front of whatever door we want? Is there only one specific door each time that can be used? I haven't tried out, so not sure.

You can only open the door for the next encounter in the sequence for that week.

Does that mean that with every new raid run we still have to do the first banner encounter?

You can enter the underbelly from the exterior of the ship, so you never have to do the Castellum encounter if you don't want to. You'll probably want the rewards from doing it once, however.

Cornbread78

Correct, the order each week is fixed after the reset, I'm pretty sure you cannot choose which one to do first.

and

Correct, the first banner encounter must always be done if everyone is starting for the first time that week if you want to get the rewards!

They are good warm-ups anyhow and you can pretty much use your supers and heavy ammo at will, so it's not a bad 10 min segment. It's worth it.

Bladelaw

PM me your Gamertag. I'll be on in 20 minutes.

I'm at work now. I'll be home and available in 6-8 hours (being an adult sucks). If you're still around then we can go for it. just FYI I haven't done a nightfall in D2 but I've done the strike in question about a dozen times.

f@luS

More than a member.
Raid in 10min. Who’s in ? Will look for earlier answers

F@lus
nec-ro-sis

Four more slot. Fun and easy raid

Top Bottom