• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Bladelaw

Keep the game life-compatible Bungie, plox.

I'm actually a bit happier with how D2 is structured over D1. I just wish there was a larger variety of content. PoE and CoO weren't super rewarding once you get up there in Light but they were fine to run any time once you did your daily/weekly stuff.

The Token system is almost perfect. If there was a chance to get gear higher than your current PL so you had a way to advance to 280 that'd be even better. It's nice to play for a bit, feel like you made some progress and move on with your life. D1 felt like a second job (a fun job, but still lots of busy work for the pay off) and D2 thankfully doesn't.

Silvard

Is anyone interested in a "blind" Prestige Raid tomorrow at launch (10 AM PST), right on the dot? Not going for world first or even close, but going in as soon as it's up and hopefully getting through to the end. Just need to be at least 300 PL, and be experienced with the normal mode raid and all its different roles (Ie. Running the orb at gauntlet or doing the shadow realm at Calus), in case the the Prestige mode randomizes who gets to do what in an encounter.

If you're interested then let me know!

1. SilvardCT

Reposting for the new page.

E92 M3

Adding more things to do doesn't affect you negatively. If you can get all the loot you currently do and are happy about it, let people who want to do more do more.

I'm as hardcore as they come and don't want Bungie to add any elements that would require me to grind countless hours. Because if it's in the game I have to do it.

D2 saves me a lot of time and lets all kind of people keep up!

I know a lot of snowflakes are melting, but it's a better Destiny now.

RPG

How does the checkpointing for the raids work in this one?

Joined multiple groups over the weekend, completed baths and gauntlet, haven’t been the dogs at all. I remember D1 showed you your checkpoint in the raid, but I can’t seem to locate that in D2 (or maybe not without being able to be view the raid menu without a full fire team). Would like to finish the raid, ideally without having to repeat phases and have the group disband again.

Number45

We have a few trained sherpas from GAF Gold Warriors that will be running a couple "NOOB" raids Thursday night for NeoGAF folks that have not gotten a chance to run the raid yet and would love to give it a shot.

Details:

Thursday night (10/12) "Noob" raids:

"NOOB" Group#1 Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp.

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow

Newbs:
-
-
-
-

"Noob" Group#2. Starts at 8pm bst sharp.

Sherpas:
TommyCronin
MrMikeh

Newbs:
CptSupermarket
Silav101
Guppeth
-

These guys will be patient and explain everything. Just come eager to learn, ready to listen and clamoring to shoot aliens with guns and aliens with duel blades as well as shooting arrows and lanterns and all sorts of stuff that needs to get shot..

*Warning, some dogs will die in the progress of the raid.

Post here or shoot me a PM if you are availible and want to experience the raid with sone guided help.

(NA Dates/times and Sherpas to come forth soon)
Can you put me in for the 19:00 start? I’ve done a little of the raid (just the dogs) but I really want to see the rest! I know most of the mechanics for the encounters before Calus (and some of Calus) and I’m fairly experienced as a D1 raider but definitely in the newb category for this.

EDIT: I could potentially do the 20:00 start instead, depending on how long we’re expecting it to take.

Cornbread78

We have a few trained sherpas from GAF Gold Warriors that will be running a couple "NOOB" raids Thursday night for NeoGAF folks that have not gotten a chance to run the raid yet and would love to give it a shot.

Details:

Thursday night (10/12) "Noob" raids:

"NOOB" Group#1 Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp.

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow

Newbs:
- Number45
-
-
-

"Noob" Group#2. Starts at 8pm bst sharp.

Sherpas:
TommyCronin
MrMikeh

Newbs:
CptSupermarket
Silav101
Guppeth
-

These guys will be patient and explain everything. Just come eager to learn, ready to listen and clamoring to shoot aliens with guns and aliens with duel blades as well as shooting arrows and lanterns and all sorts of stuff that needs to get shot..

*Warning, some dogs will die in the progress of the raid.

Post here or shoot me a PM if you are availible and want to experience the raid with sone guided help.

(NA Dates/times and Sherpas to come forth soon)

updated

Did Arecibo.
Rasputin probably involved going by the music being mostly russian? Ends with the Ghost screaming about "Red sand, Mars, ice caps"...

Cornbread78

Can you put me in for the 19:00 start? I’ve done a little of the raid (just the dogs) but I really want to see the rest! I know most of the mechanics for the encounters before Calus (and some of Calus) and I’m fairly experienced as a D1 raider but definitely in the newb category for this.

EDIT: I could potentially do the 20:00 start instead, depending on how long we’re expecting it to take.

I'll put you down for the 7pm start. What is your PSN?

I'm cool with Prestige being delayed. Great week to just relax and grind some IB with NITE crew.

Also, COUNTDOWN TRIALS weekend! Too bad I'll be out of town :/

Deku Tree

At this point my thoughts about the game are.

1- FUCK CASUALS
2- Bring back the most stupid and retarded grind you can think off.
3- So casuals can get even more fucked.
4- Also P2P and no dedicated servers so PVP can get fucked too.

And yes, every time i want to give some thoughts about the game i get triggered due how bad it is.

I am the exact opposite of this. D2 friendgame >>>> D1 grindgame

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The way the loot is designed is that they only way to progress is through the weekly engrams.

Basically you need to do the Clan XP, Crucible, Public Events, Nightfall, and the Raid. That's 5 chances to get one of 7 300 level pieces to get to 305.

It's not great, but I guess it could be worse.

How does the checkpointing for the raids work in this one?

Joined multiple groups over the weekend, completed baths and gauntlet, haven't been the dogs at all. I remember D1 showed you your checkpoint in the raid, but I can't seem to locate that in D2 (or maybe not without being able to be view the raid menu without a full fire team). Would like to finish the raid, ideally without having to repeat phases and have the group disband again.

You can do any phase you want in the Raid (I think based on the raid progression of a group's fireteam leader), but you won't get the keys for the underbelly chests unless you've completed the corresponding segment for that week. For instance, you could join a group ready to fight Calus, and get the reward from that, but you won't have any chest keys for the typical post-raid underbelly loot trek.

In your case, Pleasure Gardens is the first phase this week, so you'd either have to join a fresh raid and bow out, or join a group and run the entire thing. Typically it's easier to find groups looking for players to finish Calus than the other parts, so you could conceivably finish the raid this week without repeating stuff. But you'll have to join a fresh group and bail on them to do it, which is kinda sucky if they don't know beforehand. Either way, you only have around 12 hours to finish, so get raiding!

Lee

The way the loot is designed is that they only way to progress is through the weekly engrams.

Basically you need to do the Clan XP, Crucible, Public Events, Nightfall, and the Raid. That's 5 chances to get one of 7 300 level pieces to get to 305.

Alternatively, ignore all that and just do public events for 1-2 exotic engrams an hour. Probably faster actually.

Cornbread78

True.

Those weekly milestones are the best way I found to level up over the past few weeks.

I must sway though, I think I have the worst RNG % in the history of RNG that I have sill yet to pop an exotic through a PE or Adventure and I didn't even get one through four raid chests this past weekend.

v1perz53

Is there a "fastest method" for gathering planetary tokens for turnins? I need Io tokens since apparently the only farmable set in the game with max recovery for hunters is from Io turnins. Public events seem to only give 1, I guess hunting chests seems acceptable but still shitty. Maybe do all the lost sectors each day plus challenges or something?

Also figures that the "best" armor for hunters is probably the ugliest in my opinion. I will miss you sweet new monarchy gear, too bad your stats make crucible way less fun :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Alternatively, ignore all that and just do public events for 1-2 exotic engrams an hour. Probably faster actually.
Since you can only equip 2, it doesn't matter once you find the two you want to use most of the time.

Not to mention that exotic engrams are just dupe machines now.

Edit: ah, for infusing? That seems like layers of RNG that I don't even want to consider. lol

True.

Those weekly milestones are the best way I found to level up over the past few weeks.

I must sway though, I think I have the worst RNG % in the history of RNG that I have sill yet to pop an exotic through a PE or Adventure and I didn't even get one through four raid chests this past weekend.
I think I've gotten maybe 2 or 3 exotics from PEs via grinding my 3 characters. lol

Yeah I've leveled up way more from exotic drops infusing than from the weekly powerful gear. Which probably explains why my Titan is forever stuck at 304.

Can't get a 305 Titan Mark to save my life :'(

goonie

Is there a "fastest method" for gathering planetary tokens for turnins? I need Io tokens since apparently the only farmable set in the game with max recovery for hunters is from Io turnins. Public events seem to only give 1, I guess hunting chests seems acceptable but still shitty. Maybe do all the lost sectors each day plus challenges or something?

Also figures that the "best" armor for hunters is probably the ugliest in my opinion. I will miss you sweet new monarchy gear, too bad your stats make crucible way less fun :(
Yeah, I don't think there's a good way to really farm, but equipping the right ghost and aiming with a sniper will show most of the materials and chests in the area.

Lee

Since you can only equip 2, it doesn't matter once you find the two you want to use most of the time.

Not to mention that exotic engrams are just dupe machines now.

I think I've gotten maybe 2 or 3 exotics from PEs via grinding my 3 characters. lol

Right. I meant for chasing 305. You can get there without doing all the milestones each week if you wanted to.

MrS

Banned
LMAO at prestige delayed due a glitch.

Fix your shit Bungie ffs.
Bungie make it so hard to like Destiny. Constant disappointments. The glitch has been known since early last week and they shouldn't have announced the hard raid launch date on Thursday if it couldn't be fixed in time. Shambolic. There's no reason for me to log on until the 18th.

v1perz53

Jesus your luck. I've done the flashpoint on 3 characters each week, plus countless more heroic public events and I've never gotten a single exotic engram from events.

Not that exotic engrams are at all useful though...

Right. I meant for chasing 305. You can get there without doing all the milestones each week if you wanted to.

Huh? Exotic engrams drop for me at lower than/equal to my current power level, how would that help for chasing 305? I guess if your gear's power level isn't equally distributed.

I am the exact opposite of this. D2 friendgame >>>> D1 grindgame

Go play with Deej then, i already have friends.

I am happy for it really. Doubt its a glitch tho. They probably figured out that its stupid to release IB and Prestige at the same day.

The fact that both situations are possible makes everything funnier.

And it's totally the Calus glitch that went viral last week, Sunday IIRC.

Top Bottom