• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

I don't understand why Bungie doesn't just make competitive crucible a fixed choice of 3 load-outs.

How to make crucible great gain:

- Competitive playlist is 3v3 fixed choice of 3 load-outs. Load-outs rotate on a per weekly basis. Playlist consists of Clash/Last Guardian Standing.
- Re-introduce 6v6 playlist with choice of modes, or to stop the playerbase becoming too fragmented, a 6v6 playlist of Control/Clash. No weapon load-outs.
- Introduce Gun Roulette type game modes in a separate "Fun/Party" playlist.
- Un-do changes to supers/grenades/melee CD's. They are now less powerful, thus, such a long CD is stupid. (Could even make this a 6v6 and PvE only change by making the competitive game-mode have some sort of debuff like NF's.)

With a fixed loadout system in competitive they can control what weapons get used on a per weekly basis, therefore, there would be a completely even playing field where the only choices are class/subclass.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Destiny 3 will be 3 people raids, 2 people strikes and PVP is one on one but the visuals and animations will be five years ahead of anything at it's release.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PvP needs to go back to 6v6 so the larger group can help pull my noob a$$ through Trials...

Trials was never 6 on 6. Unless you count cheerleading on the sidelines. You can always join my wagons. You'll get better.

I dare Bungie to make prestige raid only accessible for the week if you beat normal just like NF. :)

Mindlog

I understand why people want to chase 'big loot.' That is certainly not for me. I have issues with the current loot pool and mod system, but the fact that there aren't a thousand more terrible weapon variants falls short of something I'd complain about. I've cleared the Nightfall more this week more than any D1 Nightfall because it's a challenging fun activity to actually use my weapons with. Hypothetically if the Nightfall had the only god-roll explosive scout rifle (Nameless Midnight) how many more times would I have played after actually obtaining the weapon The fun part is using the weapon.

My biggest complaints are about the gameplay systems that were simplified. Skating, Floofing, Sparrow Flying, and that kind of stuff are there to reward players that learn the systems. Their absence is far more noticeable to me than random weapon rolls.
I'm going to need to see a video of this, because I'm always the last one through on my Warlock in the Gauntlet. Their jump is just way too floaty even with the speed boost guide. The only way maybe I could see them being fast enough to not worry too much about picking up orbs is blink, but I can't reliably platform with it.
Proof is the pic �� I ran the Gauntlet there. For me it comes down to the fact that the entire course seems to be balanced around Warlock burst glide. With burst I can make a very long jump and still glide over one of the tall obstacles. Titan works differently and you have to delay your burst substantially, but I have Titan skating so ingrained that I'm always trying to speed up making my jumps harder to make.

Cornbread78

Trials was 3v3 in D1 when PvP was 6v6 otherwise, so I don't think that'd help you in Trials hah.

uggh

Trials was never 6 on 6. Unless you count cheerleading on the sidelines. You can always join my wagons. You'll get better.

I dare Bungie to make prestige raid only accessible for the week if you beat normal just like NF. :)

I'll hold you to that next weekend! I think we went 0-35 last Friday night.... I've never played an entire night without a single win in my entire online gaming life....... IT was bad.... real bad. I mean terrible. super terrible....

Lee

Huh? Exotic engrams drop for me at lower than/equal to my current power level, how would that help for chasing 305? I guess if your gear's power level isn't equally distributed.

While I've had that happen a few times they were almost always an upgrade for me. Hit 305 on both Xbox and PS4 without too much effort. Lucky drops I guess.

OTfrQZ9.png

58 hours

ijIm95k.png

53 hours

Haven't started an alt on either console yet. Really don't feel like doing the story again.

Floody

I am happy for it really. Doubt its a glitch tho. They probably figured out that its stupid to release IB and Prestige at the same day.

Probably fixing the glitch that makes Calus not spawn any ads.
Probably also realised it better to give both space too though.

bootski

Hey guys,

just jumped into D2 a couple weeks ago and got to endgame. I don't have a ton of friends playing and my work schedule makes it hard for me to be consistently on at the same time every week. Looking for a guild that's doing endgame stuff (nightfalls and raid). I did the nightfall for the first time this week and would like to try the raid out sometime soon. 271 hunter. PSN bootski.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
uggh

I'll hold you to that next weekend! I think we went 0-35 last Friday night.... I've never played an entire night without a single win in my entire online gaming life....... IT was bad.... real bad. I mean terrible. super terrible....

Not trials. Regular wagons. Trials is a different beast. You'll get better at trials by practicing in regular crucible. That's why we need private matches now. So many new people to Destiny and there are people that actually want to learn.

Alternatively, ignore all that and just do public events for 1-2 exotic engrams an hour. Probably faster actually.

Except that to hit 305 you need a 300 class item and you can't get that from an exotic right now. My Titan and Hunter are both 304 right now, because their mark and cloak are the only thing I don't have at 305.

Cornbread78

Not trials. Regular wagons. Trials is a different beast. You'll get better at trials by practicing in regular crucible. That's why we need private matches now. So many new people to Destiny and there are people that actually want to learn.

It's funny because while I'm not very good at PvP, I can keep my head above water through normal Crucible and win matches, however, what I witnessed in Trials..... OMFG. From some of the after kill nonsense, it feels like the CoD hardcore community and not the typical Destiny community with the amount of T-Bags, body bag dancing and general BS going on....

Also, only winning 2 ROUNDS out of 35 matches... My goodness....

Number45

This maintenance wasn’t scheduled was it? Trying to find out when it’s supposed to end.

EDIT: Wait, it’s letting me in...

Challenge order are random per reset, Dogs, Bathes, Gauntlet, some combination. You cannot choose a door to open first. You can tell which is first by all the enemies around the particular door.

You can however avoid all the CTF events inside and open the underbelly via the six switches under the platform you spawn in on. The underbelly goes to every challenge room.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Leviathan is a fantastic raid and I don't get why people don't dig it (obviously, this is subjective as hell).

Feels like I'm in a Japanese game show of sorts, love it!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's funny because while I'm not very good at PvP, I can keep my head above water through normal Crucible and win matches, however, what I witnessed in Trials..... OMFG. From some of the after kill nonsense, it feels like the CoD hardcore community and not the typical Destiny community with the amount of T-Bags, body bag dancing and general BS going on....

Also, only winning 2 ROUNDS out of 35 matches... My goodness....

It's connection based so you'll run into the god squad or run into a team that can't even beat dregs on pikes. You have to play against and or with better players to get better. There is no ways around it.

Kaibutsu

Except that to hit 305 you need a 300 class item and you can't get that from an exotic right now. My Titan and Hunter are both 304 right now, because their mark and cloak are the only thing I don't have at 305.

Got two 305 class items from the raid, one from calus and one from the vendor. I guess it doesn't matter when you are already 305 going into it but being max level sure does take away the enjoyment of getting something way over your level from it... Feels bad man

edit: actually maybe the one from the vendor wasn't even max level which is even worse...

Floody

Leviathan is a fantastic raid and I don't get why people don't dig it (obviously, this is subjective as hell).

Feels like I'm in a Japanese game show of sorts, love it!

It's really frustrating if you have even a single weak link, is my guess as to why most don't enjoy it.
I finally got to play it with a team who was really good at everything and it's obviously a much more enjoyable experience, when you aren't constantly stuck at something, because someone slightly messed up.

Calus is still a little to glitchy for me to enjoy though. Every time I do it I get the unable to respawn glitch.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
No! I need stuff to grind! Bungie owes me! I'm hardcore! I'm a true fan! I'm going to post on DTG right now!

/s

I actually agree. Keep the game life-compatible! D2 isn't perfect, but it's a damn good game!

Hilarious!

You can cater to all players of Destiny if you want to be a casual and enjoy it that way cool, other are just looking for stuff to do in the game

It's amazing ya'll put in 10+ hours everyday into Trials into the weekend and that's not hardcore or anything, but if a subset of players ask for more content on the PvE side, all of a sudden we are ruining your experience and forcing you to go back to the "grind"

Yes that's our true motives, make Destiny Great Again by us No-Lifers/Poop-Sock grind infesting every aspect of the game

Gonna have to do the raid so I can finally get a 305 class item. I'm stuck with a 297 class item. It's holding me back

Yup, feelsbadman.

I've done the Raid 3 times on my Titan (and once on my Hunter), Still haven't received the Arms, Legs or Titan Mark. But I've got dupes of every single Raid weapon, so I guess that's something? Can't wait to run the Raid tomorrow and get my 4th Inaugural Address Pulse Rifle!

v1perz53

I was really bummed that the exotic ships...are nothing but paint jobs. At least some D1 ships glowed or something.

All the exotic ships have both fancier paint jobs but also more detailed models than the non-exotic counterparts. Harder to notice on the smoother ships, but those usually have unique animations or flourishes. For example, Rose and Bone has more detail on the side thruster things than Spectral Gain, a similar legendary ship. Or Takanome Wings, which has animated glowing flowers on it.

They certainly aren't anything THAT special though. Exotic sparrows are slightly more useful since they are guaranteed max speed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you think about it, a lot of the ships and sparrows are just reskins or recolors. Some are the exact same models but the difference is what shaders is applied to them. Like one of the sparrows has Suros modular applied to it and another has artic pearl. Models are basically the same.

v1perz53

If you think about it, a lot of the ships and sparrows are just reskins or recolors. Some are the exact same models but the difference is what shaders is applied to them. Like one of the sparrows has Suros modular applied to it and another has artic pearl. Models are basically the same.

You can put shaders on ships and sparrows, the exotic ones definitely also have model differences compared to legendary. The legendary ones are mostly the same few models with different paint distributions. In that if you put the same shader on two different ships with the same base model, they will still look slightly different in where those shader colors are applied.

There are like 5-6 total ship models and like 3-4 total sparrow models hah. I know this well since my brother dropped $50 on silver (since he didn't have to pay for the game) and has 5 exotic ships, 3 exotic sparrows and like 30 legendary ships/sparrows. My legendary ships look so cheap compared to his exotic ones when we're in orbit together.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You can't equip two exotics but at least you can preview them. While wearing one, you just preview another and you should be wearing both in the preview.

EL CUCO

Yup, feelsbadman.

I've done the Raid 3 times on my Titan (and once on my Hunter), Still haven't received the Arms, Legs or Titan Mark. But I've got dupes of every single Raid weapon, so I guess that's something? Can't wait to run the Raid tomorrow and get my 4th Inaugural Address Pulse Rifle!
I just want something that isn't Legs at this point 😭😭😭

I think it would be cool if in the crucible, when a team is losing really badly, if someone like shaxx busted in to help the losing team for a bit. The npc could be on a set time, let's say they hang out for 2 minutes max, or could be killed by the opposing team as soon as they spawn.

Acorn

I think it would be cool if in the crucible, when a team is losing really badly, if someone like shaxx busted in to help the losing team for a bit. The npc could be on a set time, let's say they hang out for 2 minutes max, or could be killed by the opposing team as soon as they spawn.
I just wish matches were shorter or mercy was quicker.

Trakan

I'm as hardcore as they come and don't want Bungie to add any elements that would require me to grind countless hours. Because if it's in the game I have to do it.

D2 saves me a lot of time and lets all kind of people keep up!

I know a lot of snowflakes are melting, but it's a better Destiny now.

Yeah if you HAVE to do everything, that totally should affect how everyone else enjoys the game.

I just wish matches were shorter or mercy was quicker.

I agree on both. The time spent in a match doesn't dole out proper rewards when compared to a public event. I remember one match my team crushed the other one. The losing team all got legendaries and we got nothing.

Cornbread78

I agree on both. The time spent in a match doesn't dole out proper rewards when compared to a public event. I remember one match my team crushed the other one. The losing team all got legendaries and we got nothing.

I wish there was a quit button after the first 2 mins of trials matches or at least after the first round. Playing through a 4 round ass kicking is a waste of everyones time..

Is there a "fastest method" for gathering planetary tokens for turnins? I need Io tokens since apparently the only farmable set in the game with max recovery for hunters is from Io turnins. Public events seem to only give 1, I guess hunting chests seems acceptable but still shitty. Maybe do all the lost sectors each day plus challenges or something?

Also figures that the "best" armor for hunters is probably the ugliest in my opinion. I will miss you sweet new monarchy gear, too bad your stats make crucible way less fun :(

There's a reason I went FWC. Best weapons AND easily access to a hunter recovery set. That's my base setup now that I add exotics or raid gear to.

Top Bottom