• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

I wish there was a quit button after the first 2 mins of trials matches or at least after the first round. Playing through a 4 round ass kicking is a waste of everyones time..

Hah, I haven't done trials in D2 yet. It was always awful in D1 when you would get spanked by a team and then the team tea bagging began.

Just finished the main storyline.

Need to ask you guys one thing

The Farm changing into The Traveler was something I did NOT expected! This means that

a) The players that are on the Farm won't appear on The Traveler and vice versa?
b) Am I unable to go to the Farm again?

Just finished the main storyline.

Need to ask you guys one thing

The Farm changing into The Traveler was something I did NOT expected! This means that

a) The players that are on the Farm won't appear on The Traveler and vice versa?
b) Am I unable to go to the Farm again?

The Farm is on the Earth map and some of the npcs are still located there.

exYle

Trials was never 6 on 6. Unless you count cheerleading on the sidelines. You can always join my wagons. You'll get better.

I dare Bungie to make prestige raid only accessible for the week if you beat normal just like NF. :)

What are these wagons you speak of

Kyne

Hah, I haven't done trials in D2 yet. It was always awful in D1 when you would get spanked by a team and then the team tea bagging began.

it's worse in D2.

all of the casuals have already quit/stopped trying to play Trials, so now you're just up against a bunch of pros 90% of the time.

it's worse in D2.

all of the casuals have already quit/stopped trying to play Trials, so now you're just up against a bunch of pros 90% of the time.

I'm neutral on PvP in d2. Could take it or leave it. All I know is I'm glad I got trials trophy, because I may never touch trials again lol.

Arnie

Erm, Devrin didn't drop me a Mini Tool? I completed all story missions, spoke to him, he offered me a reward, I accepted, and nothing...

Is this a common thing and is there anything I can do? Been doing the missions to specifically get Multi tool.

CLBridges

I will admit that D2 PvP has its moments but they're kinda few and far between, for me. It honestly just isn't as much fun as D1 PvP as a whole. Yeah, their were complaints about certain metas and god rolls but it was way more exciting to play and sometimes watch.

f@luS

More than a member.
Can anybody help me out will take 20sec

I wanted to get some leviathan chest by myself I can’t get je lever alone. I used to be able but atm I just can’t. Anyone willing to lend me 30second

Édit : nvm just managed

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I did a PUG Raid today on my Hunter through the100.io

Cool laid back dudes
Had to teach Gauntlet only, some cycled their Guardians due to already beating certain things

It was so nice that everyone was on point listening to each other and giving advice

We almost hit x84 on Pleasure Gardens, we were 2 fucking steps away, stupid L3 dog, caught us @L2

We massacred them, but my goodness, the fucking flowers that rotation were fucking magical!

R1 > L2 > Rock > L1 > Tree > R2 > L2 (so fucking close)

We almost 1 cycled Calus, got it done in the end, but it was awesome Half Sherpaing and having 5 dudes who just enjoyed each other's company for a few hours
Now I get to murder them in Iron Banner tomorrow, ah Friendship!
Also feel bad for one guardian who must have the Ultimate Wife Aggro, RIP Geno /salute

GraveRobberX

Erm, Devrin didn't drop me a Mini Tool? I completed all story missions, spoke to him, he offered me a reward, I accepted, and nothing...

Is this a common thing and is there anything I can do? Been doing the missions to specifically get Multi tool.

Did you finish the 2 Blue Crown missions in EDZ, they should be in the Trostam area

First one is by the destroyed balcony near those Dregs and Vandals, Second mission is towards east to the Outskirts of the map that's Blocked off by "Barriers"

Finish those 2 Quests, he should give you one, then onto Banshee for the next parts

Hugstable

Banned
Hey just hit 232 light level and saw that I unlocked Nightfalls. Is there anyone that could help me do the Nightfall for this week before the reset tomorrow?

Arnie

Did you finish the 2 Blue Crown missions in EDZ, they should be in the Trostam area

First one is by the destroyed balcony near those Dregs and Vandals, Second mission is towards east to the Outskirts of the map that's Blocked off by "Barriers"

Finish those 2 Quests, he should give you one, then onto Banshee for the next parts

I've made a bit of an error, I haven't done the Enhance mission, just the orange story missions.

I don't have access to Enhance yet but I'm assuming after I do the Patrols quest it will appear. Otherwise I'm screwed.

E92 M3

Hilarious!

You can cater to all players of Destiny if you want to be a casual and enjoy it that way cool, other are just looking for stuff to do in the game

It's amazing ya'll put in 10+ hours everyday into Trials into the weekend and that's not hardcore or anything, but if a subset of players ask for more content on the PvE side, all of a sudden we are ruining your experience and forcing you to go back to the "grind"

Yes that's our true motives, make Destiny Great Again by us No-Lifers/Poop-Sock grind infesting every aspect of the game

I want more PVE content - just not stupid grinds and RNG that dilutes the weapon pool with shit rolls. Give me actual content.

"Oh, you want a certain weapon and played 1000 hours? Too bad, good luck getting the roll you want before with nerf it!"

ramyeon

Hey just hit 232 light level and saw that I unlocked Nightfalls. Is there anyone that could help me do the Nightfall for this week before the reset tomorrow?
230s is honestly pretty low for Nightfalls. If you get two high level players to carry you it might be doable but you probably want to be quite a bit higher than that to ease any frustration.

GraveRobberX

I've made a bit of an error, I haven't done the Enhance mission, just the orange story missions.

I don't have access to Enhance yet but I'm assuming after I do the Patrols quest it will appear. Otherwise I'm screwed.

Yes, finish the pre-requisites

It will show up, the follow the chain

Start saving 5 Blue or Legendary Scout Rifle, trust me on this!
Also if your gonna create 2 alt Guardians just save 5 of them for each too along the way

So you can get 3 MIDA Mini-Tool and the end reward...

GraveRobberX

I want more PVE content - just not stupid grinds and RNG that dilutes the weapon pool with shit rolls. Give me actual content.

"Oh, you want a certain weapon and played 1000 hours? Too bad, good luck getting the roll you want before with nerf it!"

Listen Mr. I have a delicate life and trying to balance it and games

If you read the complaints most are asking for more stuff in the way the game can accommodate those that do have time

Heroic Strikes, Challenge or Modifiers, Point System, add Strike Exclusive Gear
Viola new content

Doesn't destroy your fucking fragile time of being a snowflake and feeling bad that a no lifer has this huge advantage in D2, yet you and me will still be on equal grounds cause Loot will have fixes rolls, just new stuff to do
Repeat as much as your heart desires

I asked if farming could be at least met to a halfway point of having the timer, but at least say 30-45 minutes in
That's fair
Just doing 3-5 loops it triggers
How am I hurting you collecting Tokens and Destination Materials to get packages for either Destination Sets to round me out

If I want to create a Set for each sub class, then 1 for PvE, 1 for Raid, 1 for Casual PvP, 1 for Trials, which the game allows by the way, which most are already doing by the way, hows your fragile life being affected all by this?

Slayerage said mods could use a boost, maybe weapons can get another slot and a 3rd perk added.
Bungie gives you 5 choices, they pick which 5, and from their you the player choose to see which benefit you want
Hows that affecting the game overall?, It's just adding longevity

Your the person who's been on my case thinking oh this fat fuck stays at home and grinds away and complains about Bungie messing up, yet I'm not alone in this

I GUARANTEE you if they fucked with Trials Igor, Aquatic would be fuming posting like crazy, their precious mode got sullied
Yet we know Bungie is catering to that crowd and all is well in their eyes, we just want them to address a few issues of ours

Funny how y'all grinded 3 years, then still play this daily, post daily, most of you that have this life and game balance issue magically make it work without fault, but if someone chimes in can we add more stuff, the noise of ZOMFG, my Time!, Gah, how do i balance all of this!

Hypocrites

Hugstable

Banned
230s is honestly pretty low for Nightfalls. If you get two high level players to carry you it might be doable but you probably want to be quite a bit higher than that to ease any frustration.

Ahh okay good to know, was assuming it might have been doable since they open it up once you get to that light level. Gonna keep doing regular strikes and public events to get up there then, up to 235 now. What is a good level to be prepared for nightfalls?

SgtCobra

Grats.

Now, let's imagine random rolls were still a thing *shudders*

And please don't remind me of the horror lol, the new loot system coupled with random rolls would've been a neverending torture.
It worked fine in D1 but I don't think it would've been a good idea to still have the same random rolls system in place specially with weapons that are quite hard to get such as the Antiope-D.

Arnie

Yes, finish the pre-requisites

It will show up, the follow the chain

Start saving 5 Blue or Legendary Scout Rifle, trust me on this!
Also if your gonna create 2 alt Guardians just save 5 of them for each too along the way

So you can get 3 MIDA Mini-Tool and the end reward...
Thanks!

To be honest it’s taking all the spare time I have to get close to some of the higher level content on one character, let alone three.

Which is a shame because I’ve pretty much regretted picking a hunter from the first hour.

E92 M3

Listen Mr. I have a delicate life and trying to balance it and games

If you read the complaints most are asking for more stuff in the way the game can accommodate those that do have time

Heroic Strikes, Challenge or Modifiers, Point System, add Strike Exclusive Gear
Viola new content

Doesn't destroy your fucking fragile time of being a snowflake and feeling bad that a no lifer has this huge advantage in D2, yet you and me will still be on equal grounds cause Loot will have fixes rolls, just new stuff to do
Repeat as much as your heart desires

I asked if farming could be at least met to a halfway point of having the timer, but at least say 30-45 minutes in
That's fair
Just doing 3-5 loops it triggers
How am I hurting you collecting Tokens and Destination Materials to get packages for either Destination Sets to round me out

If I want to create a Set for each sub class, then 1 for PvE, 1 for Raid, 1 for Casual PvP, 1 for Trials, which the game allows by the way, which most are already doing by the way, hows your fragile life being affected all by this?

Slayerage said mods could use a boost, maybe weapons can get another slot and a 3rd perk added.
Bungie gives you 5 choices, they pick which 5, and from their you the player choose to see which benefit you want
Hows that affecting the game overall?, It's just adding longevity

Your the person who's been on my case thinking oh this fat fuck stays at home and grinds away and complains about Bungie messing up, yet I'm not alone in this

I GUARANTEE you if they fucked with Trials Igor, Aquatic would be fuming posting like crazy, their precious mode got sullied
Yet we know Bungie is catering to that crowd and all is well in their eyes, we just want them to address a few issues of ours

Funny how y'all grinded 3 years, then still play this daily, post daily, most of you that have this life and game balance issue magically make it work without fault, but if someone chimes in can we add more stuff, the noise of ZOMFG, my Time!, Gah, how do i balance all of this!

Hypocrites

Can you please not attack me with unsubstantiated claims. I just want more vault space and more content. Where are you getting this "I don't want them to add more stuff?"

Out 1

And please don't remind me of the horror lol, the new loot system coupled with random rolls would've been a neverending torture.
It worked fine in D1 but I don't think it would've been a good idea to still have the same random rolls system in place specially with weapons that are quite hard to get such as the Antiope-D.

Exactly. Antiope-D and Mananananan, both current meta, are rare drops. Even Uriel's can be hard to find if someone doesn't have time to farm Nessus. Couple that with double RNG on perks and you get people running MIDA/Prosecutor not out of choice, but out of necessity.

GraveRobberX

Can you please not attack me with unsubstantiated claims. I just want more vault space and more content. Where are you getting this "I don't want them to add more stuff?"

Cause you are using old stigmas to label anything people request as harking back to the dark days of #Forever29 or #Forever319

You say you want more content, you then post, please Bungie respect my time
Then when people say hey certain things can be switched if say mods were more deeper or more flushed out with scope and here are ways

You see it as hardcore players asking for god rolls, running Omnigul a bazillion times to get a good Grasp Roll or God Roll for it

No one in this thread or other forums/website want this

Only problem is Destiny Year 3, left a good flow of content for them to carry over

Now I ask you do the mods if they get say a 25% bump up in usability, rather than just be +5 Attack fodder + element burn, now also have a slot to add onto it
How about extra mag clip mod, your scout now has more reserves ammo
Doesn't change any balance PvP wise, but help alleviate a PvR issue
How about certain scopes that are favored, maybe give some guns people do like the scope of and let them put it on their preferred gun

Small intrinsic changes

It creates a chase, keeps people invested, game keeps building on it

I wouldn't mind exotics got boosted with say Coldheart having an extra mod slot were, either up the ammo count or add an ability like Frost chain like risk runnerish type, smaller, but targets slow down, abilities "cool down"

Things that you know players can keep fluctuating with

Can we stop with the FUCK CASUALS and melting snowflakes talk?? Last week people were calling negative posts about the game toxic. The above is far worse.

With that said, it's odd to me to see some of the people that like to play casually (which is perfectly fine) actually advocate for no end game (not at all fine). You're saying something akin to "I personally can't get this or do that so nobody else should be able to either". Really? It seems you'd rather these hardcore players would just be done and leave the game? This is preferable to you than you maybe not being able to get some of the high level end game gear?

The way it currently is people are reaching that end game point and they are going to stop playing the game because there is nothing left worth playing it for. This is not good for anyone involved with Destiny. Not for the publisher, not for the developers, and not for the players.

Top Bottom