• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

SlickVic

This has probably been asked before, but if I'm at 265 light, then legendary engrams from vendor tokens won't get me any items higher than my current light level right? Got a lot of tokens left over, but if it won't help to raise my light level anymore, I guess I should just save them for whenever they increase the light level and vendor engram light level cap in a future patch?

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Can anybody tell me what the exact Mobility / Recovery / Resilience base stats + options are for each of the Iron Banner sets? Can't preview them because I got tokens before I checked the vendor and the stats determine on which character I'll turn in first...

Trakan

Please never bring back Survival again for Trials. 2 hours cards that end with someone getting disconnected at final boss are not fun and frankly have 0 respect for players' time.

The "no respect for people's time" line is getting old fast.

so my early thoughts were right. Just instantly reminded me of Shores of Time the screens i saw on twitter.
Really like the map but this is a bit lazy.

Haha, that's amazingly....sad.

The map was good in D1, but woosh talk about lazy. Not really surprising though. Oh well.

It's free... and better than a lot of the D2 maps.

f@luS

More than a member.
Milestones was nice for my hunter

Finally ding 305 on all characters

Damn that iron banner will take a long time to grind though. 20 token per package means 200 token get the milestone.

X3 characters. That’s a lot of PvP

Édit :
It’s account based so for all characters. THen it’s ok

LifEndz

Haven't played more pvp than necessary to unlock milestones and I realize I have no idea what the current meta is outside of auto rifles which every one seems to be running. Enjoying that I can finally just play control again but I was hoping they'd release some new maps with iron banner. The current ones all same kinda bland.

The biggest thing they could do to Destiny 2 to fix their "balance issues" is have competitive/trials mode be set load outs only (akin to Halo: CE) all load outs built for the specific maps to create the best balance they can.

quickplay be all guns allowed but no light level requirements.

Iron banner be all out war, everything goes and let supers charge faster so we see them at least once a match.

Bungie you've got a great game, but chasing the "esports" scene with your current approach is fucking ludicrous, competitive needs set weapons/armour so everyone is equal from the word GO, let tess sell skins for THOSE set guns/gear from rare to exotic to spice it up a bit (you could have competitive loot pool set to just those "ornaments" so people could farm just for that gear, pumping up its player base, Trials been their specific ornaments)

Please.. just please do this and you know what you could do then? PVE and casual PVP weapons could go all out bat shit crazy... and it would be perfectly fine..

I'm begging you bungie, fucking begging.. fucking DO IT!

EDIT: Added fucks.

My post from reddit which obviously got down voted lol

I absolutely despise the state of pvp, it's a joke.

This has probably been asked before, but if I'm at 265 light, then legendary engrams from vendor tokens won't get me any items higher than my current light level right? Got a lot of tokens left over, but if it won't help to raise my light level anymore, I guess I should just save them for whenever they increase the light level and vendor engram light level cap in a future patch?

They will get rarer. you will need to do milestones to get powerful legendary engrams. Also, do mods

Cornbread78

We have a few trained sherpas from GAF Gold Warriors that will be running a couple "NOOB" raids Thursday night for NeoGAF folks that have not gotten a chance to run the raid yet and would love to give it a shot.

Details:

Thursday night (10/12) "Noob" raids: *Full*

"Noob" Group#1. Starts at 8pm bst sharp.

Sherpas:
TommyCronin
MrMikeh

Newbs:
CptSupermarket
Silav101
Guppeth
Number45

Sunday night, (10/15)
"NOOB" Group#2 Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp. (NA Folks: 2pm EST/11am PST)

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow

Newbs:
-
-
-
-

These guys will be patient and explain everything. Just come eager to learn, ready to listen and clamoring to shoot aliens with guns and aliens with duel blades as well as shooting arrows and lanterns and all sorts of stuff that needs to get shot..

*Warning, some dogs will die in the progress of the raid.

Post here or shoot me a PM if you are available and want to experience the raid with some guided help.

(NA Dates/times and Sherpas to come forth soon)

updated

Schwabe

How long is the "Season 1" of Iron Banner?

this Iron Banner lasts one week (Ends: October 17, 2AM Pacific), the season though ... nobody knows, Bungie will be talking about their season plans on twitch con ...

This Week At Bungie – 10/05/2017 said:
Panel Discussion: The Seasons of Destiny.
Friday, October 20, 4:30PM Pacific
CoolCat Theater + CoolCat Channel

What do Seasons mean in Destiny 2?

What will change from season to season?

How many seasons can we expect?

When does Season Two begin?

The session will be streamed (I mean, of course it will be streamed, it’s TwitchCon), so everyone can tune in and see what we have planned to keep the Destiny community engaged. When the time comes, pile into the theater or click this link to join us virtually.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46381

Haven't played more pvp than necessary to unlock milestones and I realize I have no idea what the current meta is outside of auto rifles which every one seems to be running. Enjoying that I can finally just play control again but I was hoping they'd release some new maps with iron banner. The current ones all same kinda bland.

there is one new map for IB ...
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/917519372754620416

Floody

Aww, the IB weapons are just Reskins. :(
They all seem pretty bad though, excepted the Pulse, which looks alright. So at least I won't feel the need to chase them.

Finnroth

Man this isn't fun. Experience after a little short of 20 matches:

-> Play against Clan
-> get stomped
-> get taunted
-> repeat at step 1

Control in this horrible version of destiny PvP is already really boring...I agree that 3 tokens for losing would be more generous, as the game has so far been pretty free with them anyways. I don't think I can stomach this on 3 characters.

Baconmonk

Maybe I’m confused, but didn’t they take out the light advantage in iron banner now?

If so, what makes it different from quick play? Tokens and control only?

Top Bottom