• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

I had PL 297 Raid boots, the exotic engram boots dropped at 303, and it wasnt allowing me to infuse them into the Raid boots.

Maybe I still dont understand infusion in this game.

Edit: I'll check out the mods on it.

The 303 boots were PL 298 before the mod that's why it didn't work.

Edit: NM that doesnt make sense reading ti again it should have worked.

I had PL 297 Raid boots, the exotic engram boots dropped at 303, and it wasnt allowing me to infuse them into the Raid boots.

Maybe I still dont understand infusion in this game.

Edit: I'll check out the mods on it.

In this scenario if there is no +5 mod on the 297 PL boots you should still be able to infuse the Exotic into them but be aware it would only take them to 298 PL (this is that Exotics base PL, the +5 mod on it takes it to 303 PL). If you add a +5 mod and then infuse the Exotic into them it would take them to 303 PL.

I think the token system hates me. I've been trying to get the crucible chest armor for over a week, but I just keep getting weapons!!! Sooo many better devils... Also, the raid hates me too, is it so much to ask for a chest armor? Then when I use my tokens, I just get spammed with cloaks and weapons....

EL CUCO

The 303 boots were PL 298 before the mod that's why it didn't work.

Edit: NM that doesnt make sense reading ti again it should have worked.

In this scenario if there is no +5 mod on the 297 PL boots you should still be able to infuse the Exotic into them but be aware it would only take them to 298 PL (this is that Exotics base PL, the +5 mod on it takes it to 303 PL). If you add a +5 mod and then infuse the Exotic into them it would take them to 303 PL.
I might have had a +5 mod on the 297 boots. Can't remember. I definitely haven't wrapped my head around on how mods affect infusion yet, so I'll check it out when I get home.

noomi

If I do the MIDA quest at 300+ PL is it a guaranteed 300 drop?

I want to infuse it into my Nameless Midnight :p

EL CUCO

Completing the Iron Banner milestone only gets you an emblem... ok

These IB reskin weapons are so dissapointing considering how good and unique they were at the end of D1.

Vic_Viper

So glad the Call to Arms Milestone applies to Iron Banner lol. Not a big fan of PvP and this makes completing the Milestones so much easier.

How many IB Tokens equal a reward package from the IB vendor? Is it 20 every time?

Trakan

Light level has pretty much never meant anything in Trials or Iron Banner. I played quite a lot of Trials and I was never at the level cap. Because it had no effect on kill times. Same with Iron Banner. I never saw anyone in Trials with a light level low enough to make a difference and even in Iron Banner, It was incredibly rare to run across anyone at a low light level.

This is effectively no change.

That's true but only because it was implemented poorly in D1. They could have made it so LL made an actual difference.

The ๖ۜBronx;251555747 said:
Was one of the best imo. God forbid we get Blind Watch back.

I love the map but it was pretty unbalanced, the C flag side had a huge advantage. Has their been any changes to flag placements?

cilonen

Anyone know where Cayde's map is this week in the Arcadian Valley? The clue mentions
floating rocks
, but I can't figure out where I'm supposed to be looking.

It's deep in the sunken cavern. The map location is misleading.

when you get to the floating rocks head to the middle and then back up to your left; don't continue down to the lower platform

Token payout is abysmal, 5-10 matches for one single engram which doesn’t even guarantee an iron banner piece. Come on Bungie, respect my time a little better than that.

v1perz53

Man, they totally missed the point of Iron Banner. In D1 it was a way to increase your light level through pvp throughout the week. Now in D2, there isn't a single opportunity to get anything that actually increases your power level (aside from the call to arms milestone, but that doesn't count).

And with power levels disabled, I feel like I'm just playing control over and over in regular crucible, there's nothing at all that distinguishes this from Crucible other than cool looking gear that I can't wear cause the stats suck and a different weapon/shader pool.

Token payout is abysmal, 5-10 matches for one single engram which doesn't even guarantee an iron banner piece. Come on Bungie, respect my time a little better than that.

I think their "intended" way is for you to do 1-2 games per day and get all the challenges done, instead of blasting down IB milestone in one day. I got 26 tokens in one game when factoring in the 3 daily milestones and reward for doing all 3. This is stupid though since not everyone can play a little every day, and IB is super non-rewarding if you try to do a bunch at once.

cilonen

Well, three hours into the reset and I'm done with the game for the week. Got my clan engram, my flashpoint engram and have grudgingly ground out the crucible engram.

The Raid blows and isn't worth putting effort into as you'll inevitably get screwed over by glitches; and Nightfalls aren't fun to play.

The mediocre loot and sub-par exotics aren't worth putting time into getting.

I'm dismayed at how Bungie managed to think this was the right direction for the game.

Salade bar is boring as announcer.

Shaxx is the one and only.

Man, they totally missed the point of Iron Banner. In D1 it was a way to increase your light level through pvp throughout the week. Now in D2, there isn't a single opportunity to get anything that actually increases your power level (aside from the call to arms milestone, but that doesn't count).

And with power levels disabled, I feel like I'm just playing control over and over in regular crucible, there's nothing at all that distinguishes this from Crucible other than cool looking gear that I can't wear cause the stats suck and a different weapon/shader pool.

Maybe it will get better? I hope so, IB was one of my favs in D1 and hearing all the negatives here is kinda bumming me out. But I'll give it a shot later to check it out for myself.

void666

Banned
So i hear there are no IB drops at the end of the match. True?

Reading the complaints it's funny. Because the first IB in D1 were trash. It took Bungie 3 years to perfect it. And now we're back to square one.

I hope the overall community agrees that bungie needs to improve the reward system in destiny 2. I know some people like the fact they don't have to play the game that often, but there needs to be substantial rewards for those that do.

As the game stands right now, since I have all 3 characters at 305, there's absolutely no reason to play it unless I want to use Destiny as a glorified version of discord to hang out online with some friends.

Top Bottom