• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Theorry

Milestones was nice for my hunter

Finally ding 305 on all characters

Damn that iron banner will take a long time to grind though. 20 token per package means 200 token get the milestone.

X3 characters. That’s a lot of PvP

Édit :
It’s account based so for all characters. THen it’s ok

Yeah its account based.

Lemnisc8

Has anyone else noticed an issue with hunters and boots with the recovery stat not granting the actual recovery stat?

Gensym knight greaves have the intrinsic survivalist for improved recovery but there is nothing in recovery at all. In fact I don't have any boots show anything in the recovery stat at all - even if they say they have it.

JHall

Maybe I’m confused, but didn’t they take out the light advantage in iron banner now?

If so, what makes it different from quick play? Tokens and control only?

Because Joe who plays 2 hours every other Saturday night wouldn't be able to play Iron Banner. We can't have that.

Maybe I’m confused, but didn’t they take out the light advantage in iron banner now?

If so, what makes it different from quick play? Tokens and control only?

You're not confused, the event is pretty dumb now. Same as Trials, light level means nothing. So we're basically just playing regular crucible with new tokens to acquire... about it.

sephi22

This week's nightfall is all about stacking (arc) supers to kill ads and ignoring the boss.
Bring arc supers and arc weapons and you're good

Kyne

Because Joe who plays 2 hours every other Saturday night wouldn't be able to play Iron Banner. We can't have that.

if IB works the same as the faction event, there's no way casuals are going to be able to reach the max rank (30) via the reward NPC.

20 tokens = 1 rank, NPC soft cap = 30 ranks.
(NPC soft cap is when armor/weapons stop dropping, and you're only awarded shaders)

Wins = 5 tokens
Losses = 2 tokens

You'd have to win 120 games to reach the cap (or for most solo queuers, lose 300 games)...? My math might be wrong. It's early.

edit: actually I think I read you'll only be able to pick up 10 packages? Need confirmation.

sephi22

Is it arc burn?

No, but the ratio of Arc shielded Harpies to Void Minotaurs and Solar Cabal is like 10000:2:1.
Arc supers are also the best ad-clearing super for each class. Arcstrider might be the most useless shit in the world, but the boss spawns so many ADs that my arc super with raiden flux seemed to last forever

EL CUCO

I find it funny that Bungie employee was quick to make a 8 tweet thread addressing "toxicity", but nobody from Bungie has yet to comment on all the suggestions the community has been making to better the game, the end game in particular.

noomi

Borealis is mine, takes the sting off not having the orpheus rigs.... yet

Also big thanks to silver and co this morning for the raid run.

We have a few trained sherpas from GAF Gold Warriors that will be running a couple "NOOB" raids Thursday night for NeoGAF folks that have not gotten a chance to run the raid yet and would love to give it a shot.

Nice job on raid organisation.
I'm on a bit too late to join you, but if people drop out mid-raid then stick a request on the Gold/GAF discord and I'll probably be around to fill in the gap.

RAWRferal

Anyone know where Cayde's map is this week in the Arcadian Valley? The clue mentions
floating rocks
, but I can't figure out where I'm supposed to be looking.

Baconmonk

You're not confused, the event is pretty dumb now. Same as Trials, light level means nothing. So we're basically just playing regular crucible with new tokens to acquire... about it.
Thanks for the clarification.

Regular ass crucible grind with inferior announcer and less game modes. Nice

Light level has pretty much never meant anything in Trials or Iron Banner. I played quite a lot of Trials and I was never at the level cap. Because it had no effect on kill times. Same with Iron Banner. I never saw anyone in Trials with a light level low enough to make a difference and even in Iron Banner, It was incredibly rare to run across anyone at a low light level.

This is effectively no change.

Schwabe

Light level has pretty much never meant anything in Trials or Iron Banner. I played quite a lot of Trials and I was never at the level cap. Because it had no effect on kill times. Same with Iron Banner. I never saw anyone in Trials with a light level low enough to make a difference and even in Iron Banner, It was incredibly rare to run across anyone at a low light level.

But when there were players 30LL below yours, it was fun to one-shot-bodyshot them :D

if IB works the same as the faction event, there's no way casuals are going to be able to reach the max rank (30) via the reward NPC.

20 tokens = 1 rank, NPC soft cap = 30 ranks.
(NPC soft cap is when armor/weapons stop dropping, and you're only awarded shaders)

Wins = 5 tokens
Losses = 2 tokens

You'd have to win 120 games to reach the cap (or for most solo queuers, lose 300 games)...? My math might be wrong. It's early.

edit: actually I think I read you'll only be able to pick up 10 packages? Need confirmation.

Probably isn't a soft cap on this, since it's far less likely for players to find a way to game the token acquisition. Also, Bungie doesn't expect 30 packages in one week considered the Milestone is 20 packages in a season.

I find it funny that Bungie employee was quick to make a 8 tweet thread addressing "toxicity", but nobody from Bungie has yet to comment on all the suggestions the community has been making to better the game, the end game in particular.

Why would any one person at Bungie comment on suggestions to change the game? They would have to consult stats, talk to their teams, collectively work on what may work and what may not, consider how it effects the various systems throughout the game, etc...

It would be silly to make a quick comment about any suggestions or changes before they were vetted.

Anyone know where Cayde's map is this week in the Arcadian Valley? The clue mentions
floating rocks
, but I can't figure out where I'm supposed to be looking.

Did you try the final area of the Exodus Black's Captain quest? It's underground and has floating rocks.

Kyne

LL was the difference between getting one shot with titan shoulder charge in D1. That always made it a pretty big deal to me = 3=

GlamFM

Banned

Does not match my experience in IB at all, but even if it did - why change it?

Not sure I care much for the drop rate on IB tokens. Four wins is a lot to get one item and then its a random item out ten total where repeats are possible. Even taking into consideration the daily challenges and milestones it feels like a lot to ask from even someone with one character, much less three.

RAWRferal

Did you try the final area of the Exodus Black's Captain quest? It's underground and has floating rocks.

Yeah I found it thanks!

FWIW it's in the Sunken Cavern, the entrance is on the opposite side of the area, the cave like opening with a few fallen (not vex) guarding it, through there and all the way down (past the portal).

EL CUCO

Why would any one person at Bungie comment on suggestions to change the game? They would have to consult stats, talk to their teams, collectively work on what may work and what may not, consider how it effects the various systems throughout the game, etc...

It would be silly to make a quick comment about any suggestions or changes before they were vetted.
How about an explanation on why certain things have changed (arguably for the worst)? Or just a "we hear you"..? Not seeing any interaction with the community other than the standard TWAB.

I disagree. While being a higher LL wasn't a huge advantage in weapon dmg, it absolutely was with abilities. At the very least, there was just enough of a difference to give you a reason to strive for max LL. Trials and IB are supposed to be the "end game" PVP, In D2 the PL is just means to unlock events. They've REALLY watered this game down.

How about an explanation on why certain things have changed (arguably for the worst)? Or just a "we hear you"..? Not seeing any interaction with the community other than the standard TWAB.

That stuff typically happens in TWAB because the wrong phasing can lead to drama ("all of that is playable space"). They addressed the Mida in a comment a couple weeks ago in TWAB for example.

Game's been out about a month and hasn't even released all the iterations of content yet. They likely want to see how the numbers shake out before making any comments.

GazzaGSi

These tokens suck, just give me the damn loot at the end of the match so I can carry on playing without having to leave and cash them in to see what I get.

Cornbread78

for a new page:

We have a few trained sherpas from GAF Gold Warriors that will be running a couple "NOOB" raids Thursday night for NeoGAF folks that have not gotten a chance to run the raid yet and would love to give it a shot.

Details:

Thursday night (10/12) "Noob" raids: *Full*

"Noob" Group#1. Starts at 8pm bst sharp.

Sherpas:
TommyCronin
MrMikeh

Newbs:
CptSupermarket
Silav101
Guppeth
Number45

Sunday night, (10/15)
"NOOB" Group#2 Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp. (NA Folks: 2pm EST/11am PST)

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow

Newbs:
-
-
-
-

These guys will be patient and explain everything. Just come eager to learn, ready to listen and clamoring to shoot aliens with guns and aliens with duel blades as well as shooting arrows and lanterns and all sorts of stuff that needs to get shot..

*Warning, some dogs will die in the progress of the raid.

Post here or shoot me a PM if you are available and want to experience the raid with some guided help.

(NA Dates/times and Sherpas to come forth soon)

updated

Does not match my experience in IB at all

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Let me add some nuance to my argument: Remember, D2 is like 90% primary play. There's no more special and heavy ammo, just power ammo that's much more rare. There's no ability spam. In D1, light level almost never made a difference with primaries.

but even if it did - why change it?

Honest answer? The three things that seem like they're at play in all of the Crucible changes:

• Teamwork - Every class (except Hunters) got support abilities through their class. Many classes have abilities (like Sentinel overshield or Gunslinger Chain of Woe) that are shared between teammates. Additionally, a higher kill time rewards teamplay and makes it harder for their to be 1 player heroes who carry teams. All that to say, Bungie doesn't want teams to be punished by having a lower light player with them on their own team. I get everyone wants to roflstomp a low-light guardian, but just as often they're on your team.
  • Undersability - The team talked often about the design changes in the weapon slots were about understanding why you died. This is why they added flash lights to shotguns and red dots to Grenade Launchers. Being able to take 5 hand cannon hits in 1 mode and only 4 in another is not consistent. Or understandable, i.e. what light level do I need to be to not die so quickly? No points for quipping "max level."
  • Approachability - Iron Banner has been derided for years as "Iron Lagger". This is the first Iron Banner which means that more than any other time there can be large power differences, so not punishing people who can't mainline Destiny like us keeps the player pool large, which should help with finding games quickly and hopefully help with lag. It also doesn't punish people who you know, don't play obsessively.

EL CUCO

I keep getting exotic engrams and then I just forget I got them. That shouldn't happen. It needs to be exciting again.
This happens to me often. I remembered last night and got my 4th pair of exotic legs that I couldn't even infuse into my current legs because "power level too low" even tho it had like 3 light higher.

I also finally discovered where the hunters have been hiding, in crucible with quickfang. I figured the whole ninja motiff would make hunters the most popular class, but I hadn't seen many in my time in Raids or Nightfalls. It makes perfect sense that all the preteens and teenagers would be hanging out in crucible. Who needs teamwork when I have sweet sword and triple jump.

I am currently doing Iron Banner stuff with my Hunter

This happens to me often. I remembered last night and got my 4th pair of exotic legs that I couldn't even infuse into my current legs because "power level too low" even tho it had like 3 light higher.

The Exotics you get from PE, Strikes, etc will only scale to your current PL.

Edit: It sounds like you need to add a +5 mod to your leg armor before using the Exotic for infusion.

EL CUCO

The Exotics you get from PE, Strikes, etc will only scale to your current PL.
I had PL 297 Raid boots, the exotic engram boots dropped at 303, and it wasnt allowing me to infuse them into the Raid boots.

Maybe I still dont understand infusion in this game.

Edit: I'll check out the mods on it.

Top Bottom