• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Bold One

Man fuck this game, this is not DESTINY anymore. I used to love IB but until we see some type of SBMM I'm out completely. Best of luck to Bungie and this mess of a game. They had something great with D1 and decided they'd rather chase the super casual crowd and the terrible team shoot tryhard fanbase. Gone are my powers, and ability to make plays. Played 1 game of IB solo and lost 101-22, nice to see the mercy rule in full effect.
Time to take a break?

Trakan

I just faced the laggiest player I've come across in D2 yet, I literally couldn't kill him and his health would regen mid fight. If D2 ever goes SBMM across the board, I'm so fucking out.

Kyne

Man fuck this game, this is not DESTINY anymore. I used to love IB but until we see some type of SBMM I'm out completely. Best of luck to Bungie and this mess of a game. They had something great with D1 and decided they'd rather chase the super casual crowd and the terrible team shoot tryhard fanbase. Gone are my powers, and ability to make plays. Played 1 game of IB solo and lost 101-22, nice to see the mercy rule in full effect.

but connection based matchmaking is better for the community. /s

you mention them chasing the super casual crowd, which is only half true. They disabled PL for all pvp stuff, but then they took away skill based matchmaking which in turn shunned the casual crowd away.

hopefully IB is somewhat a breath of fresh air.

People wanted their grinds! Now you can play for 20 hours and get 15 fusion rifles!

You do realize this is the same as every other vendor in the game and the Token system as a whole, right? I mean at the end of Destiny you at least had a say in what you were getting with Legendary Marks meaning you could buy whatever you wanted (Arms, Legs, Helmet, etc and any particular weapon type you wanted). Now you have no choice but to hope you get what you wanted/needed which is pure garbage.

It is clear to me the Token system was implemented late as a replacement to the familiar "buy what you want/need" with Legendary Shards (formerly Marks) to add a RNG feature to a game that featured a minuscule amount of gear/weapons in hopes of creating some longevity.

Floody

I just faced the laggiest player I've come across in D2 yet, I literally couldn't kill him and his health would regen mid fight. If D2 ever goes SBMM across the board, I'm so fucking out.

Had someone like that in Trials the other day. He was just standing in the open too. Nothing we could do to kill him. We just left after 2 rounds of it.

First IB game as a solo player: got rolled by a full clan.

Second game as a solo player: Got placed with all other solo players and had the best score.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You do realize this is the same as every other vendor in the game and the Token system as a whole, right? I mean at the end of Destiny you at least had a say in what you were getting with Legendary Marks meaning you could buy whatever you wanted (Arms, Legs, Helmet, etc and any particular weapon type you wanted). Now you have no choice but to hope you get what you wanted/needed which is pure garbage.

It is clear to me the Token system was implemented late as a replacement to the familiar "buy what you want/need" with Legendary Shards (formerly Marks) to add a RNG feature to a game that featured a minuscule amount of gear/weapons in hopes of creating some longevity.

The token system is fine for patrol zones, but making it for everything is well...just kinda lazy.

Kaibutsu

After helping me finish the raid on Sunday, I did the Arms Dealer exotic strike with a few Giant Bomb Community folks. I think it took us 4 or 5 tries to get it down before we finally finished it with literally 0 on the clock. It was crazy! I actually like the shotgun more than I thought I would, even with only 1 round in it.
DLvXQb-WsAE9gXL.jpg:large

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
First IB game as a solo player: got rolled by a full clan.

Second game as a solo player: Got placed with all other solo players and had the best score.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

That's IB for you

Only thing is comebacks are hella rare
In Control you could do it 6 vs 6

In 4 v 4, good luck getting just to equal the score if the get an early 10-15 point lead
Then you have to grab all 3 flags and hold for 30 secs to gain a momentum shift

Also hilarious some Teams running Double or Triple Titan and using Tower Barricade @B constantly to block a swap
Tactics at winning IB, Bubble Trains is now Build That Wall!, Trump Favors this tactic.

Kyne

After helping me finish the raid on Sunday, I did the Arms Dealer exotic strike with a few Giant Bomb Community folks. I think it took us 4 or 5 tries to get it down before we finally finished it with literally 0 on the clock. It was crazy! I actually like the shotgun more than I thought I would, even with only 1 round in it.

now go run the raid x2 more times so you can use it at its final form c:

Is IB skill based? So much better than Trials..

not sure, don't think so though. The only reason it feels better is because the player pool is larger and you stand more of a chance.

Kaibutsu

now go run the raid x2 more times so you can use it at its final form c:

Running it twice this weekend to get the tokens lol. All there is left is to wait for the prestige mode of the raid
when it finally comes out in two years

v1perz53

Hah, not sure how much Destiny 1 PvP you played, since one of the most major complaints of the community for all of TTK and RoI was that they wanted SBMM removed, and for things to be CBMM instead. Right now Quickplay is CBMM and Competitive is SBMM, not sure what IB is. But nearly everyone in D1 was of the opinion that laggy matches are no fun for anyone involved, and not worth it to swap to SBMM.

I think honestly the main thing should be that a clan group of 4 should never go up against a group of randoms, at the very least there should be a group of 2 on the other team.

I just hate Control in D2. Especially when I'm with randoms. The spawning is just so awful.

I actually personally find I much prefer control, but that's cause there are objectives that force people to move around the map, instead of team shooting a lane with MIDA. The only game mode where I can actually use an "in your face" playstyle with flanking effectively and often win my 2v1s and 3v1s.

TyrantII

Time to take a break?

Going by my friends list, he's not the only one.

People are hanging the game up. This isn't the FPS MMO/RPG Bungie promised in 2013. D1 was kinda that, but they doubled down on generic FPS here in their long term design and end game. They're losing people where even D1 couldn't, the dedicated base.

This laser focus on Toxicity and PvP balance... Meanwhile they forgot to make something exceptional with long term replayabilty.

IB SUCKS

HERE, have 2 tokens for wasting 10 minutes of your time.

Is not that bad, i played maybe... 40 minutes? this morning and had enough tokens for one engram and filled half the bar for the next one, got the fusion at 300 and one Tarantula at 305, and finished the Call to Arms milestone too

v1perz53

Wow, so not only is the Season 1 milestone a bunch of worthless nonsense that isn't very rewarding, but it is account wide so you can only do it once per account. At least that means I can turn in all the packages on my highest power level character instead of doing 10 per toon for worthless gear that at least comes at higher power level?

Is not that bad, i played maybe... 40 minutes? this morning and had enough tokens for one engram and filled half the bar for the next one, got the fusion at 300 and one Tarantula at 305, and finished the Call to Arms milestone too

The vast majority of your tokens come from doing the challenges and daily milestone (15 plus 6 I think? so of your 1.5 turnins 1 entire bar was just from challenges/daily), so once you get that done it drops to being VERY unrewarding. Takes 4 wins or 10 (lol) losses to get one engram.

Oh another fun Saladin quote:
"ready for a battle with no limits?", sure, except for the limit of none of my gear counting anymore hah.

E92 M3

40 minutes for one engram is way tooooo long. We should get loot every 2 matches, AT LEAST.

Dthomp

Hah, not sure how much Destiny 1 PvP you played, since one of the most major complaints of the community for all of TTK and RoI was that they wanted SBMM removed, and for things to be CBMM instead. Right now Quickplay is CBMM and Competitive is SBMM, not sure what IB is. But nearly everyone in D1 was of the opinion that laggy matches are no fun for anyone involved, and not worth it to swap to SBMM.

I think honestly the main thing should be that a clan group of 4 should never go up against a group of randoms, at the very least there should be a group of 2 on the other team.

I actually personally find I much prefer control, but that's cause there are objectives that force people to move around the map, instead of team shooting a lane with MIDA. The only game mode where I can actually use an "in your face" playstyle with flanking effectively and often win my 2v1s and 3v1s.

1200 hours of D1 actually, maybe that's not HARDCORE enough for you, but i have no problem admitting I am an average player at best. SBMM is a need for players of lesser skill, and I am running into a ton of lag in your precious teamshootfest. Don't assume players didn't play a game because they have different opinions then you.

E92 M3

1200 hours of D1 actually, maybe that's not HARDCORE enough for you, but i have no problem admitting I am an average player at best. SBMM is a need for players of lesser skill, and I am running into a ton of lag in your precious teamshootfest. Don't assume players didn't play a game because they have different opinions then you.

SBMM is garbage. Nothing more to it.

cucuchu

I scrolled through the last few pages and did not see an answer so figure I would ask:

Does anyone know if the there is a cap to the amount of IB packages you can receive for the week where you receive weapons/armor, as is the case with the factions? If so, is the cap shared amongst all your characters or is the cap per character?

TyrantII

SBMM is garbage. Nothing more to it.

Yep. SBMM would look at my KDR/assists from running in a fireteam and think I could carry a team. Then I'd go on 10-20 game losing streaks matched up with horrible horrible blueberries.

It's no different now, but at least every now and then I get put randomly on a ok team. Much more often than SBMM.

Mindlog

So how is IB? I hear good things.
hehe
I scrolled through the last few pages and did not see an answer so figure I would ask:

Does anyone know if the there is a cap to the amount of IB packages you can receive for the week where you receive weapons/armor, as is the case with the factions? If so, is the cap shared amongst all your characters or is the cap per character?
I read 10 somewhere. So 10 engrams per character.

v1perz53

Man so defensive. No one was talking about your precious hours played or skill or anything, just that you seemed to miss the entire opinion of the PvP community during Y2 and Y3. Though if you're running in to more lag in D2 than in D1 I don't know what to say, you either have a bad connection or really good luck in D1.

These aren't my opinions, these are the communities opinions from D1, that games in Y2 and Y3 were laggy, SBMM was a mistake. There was a huge stupid toxic uprising of people posting on forums telling devs to kill themselves over SBMM in RoI, it was embarrassing. But still the general consensus is that SBMM is bad. Not everyone wants a sweaty match every single time.

To reiterate, I don't care either way. I am fine with SBMM or CBMM, I never had any issue with either. I was just pointing out the communities opinion in D1, but I guess you thought I spit on your ancestors grave and called your mom a ho or something?

EL CUCO

I'm cancelling the expansion pass till they get their stuff sorted out. Game isnt fun atm

v1perz53

I think a major issue for IB and Crucible in general is that wins have to be FAR more rewarding than losses, or we would have waves of people AFKing IB losses for tokens while doing something else, and while IB isn't the best right now, that would be a NIGHTMARE.

MazeHaze

Banned
for a new page:

We have a few trained sherpas from GAF Gold Warriors that will be running a couple "NOOB" raids Thursday night for NeoGAF folks that have not gotten a chance to run the raid yet and would love to give it a shot.

Details:

Thursday night (10/12) "Noob" raids: *Full*

Sunday night, (10/15)
"NOOB" Group#2 Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp. (NA Folks: 2pm EST/11am PST)

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow

Newbs:
- Keltin99
- Ferny
-
-

These guys will be patient and explain everything. Just come eager to learn, ready to listen and clamoring to shoot aliens with guns and aliens with duel blades as well as shooting arrows and lanterns and all sorts of stuff that needs to get shot..

*Warning, some dogs will die in the progress of the raid.

Post here or shoot me a PM if you are available and want to experience the raid with some guided help.

(NA Dates/times and Sherpas to come forth soon)

updated
Add me for Sunday.

PSN is Mazzbags, I am currently 275 Titan.

Top Bottom