• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
40 minutes for one engram is way tooooo long. We should get loot every 2 matches, AT LEAST.

Would you please stop antagonizing people

You say don't attack you, but you turn around and sarcastically post every time someone has something to say about how the mechanics of rewards are working at the moment

Yes to get you first 1-2 packages will be quick

You earn 6 from Challenges, 15 from bundle (I was mistaken thinking +10 Tokens, cause most Rep bundles minus Ikora are +10 Tokens)

So that's 21. Play 5 matches, you have to go at least 4-1. 3-2 you barely squeeze by, anything under, play more games

So 20 Tokens is great, but the Tokens being earned are off
Cause you want to earn more packages to get a chance to complete at least 1 set!

The additional rewards are bullshit
Should've been just IB stuff

Most casual players won't even come close to finishing challenges to get the bundle reward

Already I see players get 2 kills on my team and run away, trying to hide or move away from fights, to keep the 1.0 ratio
Kind of fucking stupid no

I've played 4 matches solo, 2 wins (+10), 2 losses (+4)
With challenges and Rep bundle I'm sitting on 35

Now the slow grind begins on that preferred character, cause you have to win, that's a given, but if you go on a losing streak, it's rough, cause time invested doesn't pay off dividends
Should've done a 7 Token for Win and 4 for a loss
So every 3 won games, you have enough for a package or take 5 losses
Now that time invested pays off, people keep playing for Loot

You keep going my time Bungie, please dont ruin it, well they did now

Kyne

So is actually playing IB really no different than just playing quickplay?

correct, except it's a guaranteed control. It's basically a playlist where we know exactly what we're getting.

we're literally backtracking to D1 content and being relieved about it.

v1perz53

So is actually playing IB really no different than just playing quickplay?

You get crucible tokens and IB tokens, so it is basically crucible quickplay with more rewards since you're getting 2 types of tokens at once.

Or zero tokens. For me i have to win a game to get 5, losing gives nothing. I will just leave the match now if we are losing by 10 points or so.

WTF something is wrong for you. A loss should always give 2 as far as I know, I've never not gotten 2.

Nightfall anyone?

Need two

Milestones just took me from 287 to 292, with my Mida being level 297 now. Think I',m ready for a new kinetic scout rifle so I can put an exotic in my energy slot, but they haven't been dropping at all

GraveRobberX

yeah I get that for the loot, which is fine, I was just wondering if gameplay was different before jumping in

You might see Fortnite Titans building Tower Walls to keep a flag locked down

Hunter running Nightstalker + Sword for their Kung-Fu Grip Combat Action

Warlocks just being Warlocks, floating away from Demise or towards it
Rift on flag is becoming a lot more common now

Get 20 kills without dying, get Easter Egg, of Lord Salad saying his famous Reaper catchphrase of "Die, Die, Die!" (Overwatch Crossover!)

Lemnisc8

Today, 01:59 PM, Post #1904
Has anyone else noticed an issue with hunters and boots with the recovery stat not granting the actual recovery stat?

Gensym knight greaves have the intrinsic survivalist for improved recovery but there is nothing in recovery at all. In fact I don't have any boots show anything in the recovery stat at all - even if they say they have it.

TsuWave

luckily i already got what i wanted out of IB, the handcannon. wanted a kinetic handcannon with outlaw, yes, i know midnight coup also has outlaw but leviathan is the worst raid of all time imo.

also got the pulse and fusion rifle plus hunter helmet and titan gauntlets. completing an armor set seems like its gonna be way too hard and control is my least favorite game type so yeah...

v1perz53

Today, 01:59 PM, Post #1904
Has anyone else noticed an issue with hunters and boots with the recovery stat not granting the actual recovery stat?

Gensym knight greaves have the intrinsic survivalist for improved recovery but there is nothing in recovery at all. In fact I don't have any boots show anything in the recovery stat at all - even if they say they have it.

Yea there are no hunter boots ingame currently with actual recovery (either intrinsic or node) as far as I know. Hunters get the short end of the stick again! I think hunter max recovery with mods is 6, which is super unfortunate.

CREMSteve

I’m trying to figure something out. You can have a total of 17 attribute points (mobility, resilience and recovery). But you can also have less. I’m trying to max mine.

Some pieces have these points by default, and you can further increase them using legendary mods.

Each piece of gear has a bar that reflects the points in a non-number manner. One point equals 1/3 of the bar filled.

Here’s where the confusion enters the equation.

Insurmountable Skullfort
1/3 resilience
1/3 recovery

Mask of the Quiet One
2/3 resilience
1/3 Recovery

How does the second piece have a total of 3 points attached to it while the other only has 2? Both helms have the same resilience mod on them.

Do some pieces naturally have more native attribute perks than others? I assumed they all had the same number, just leaning one way or the other. Some have natural mobility, others recovery, etc.

But it appears some actually have more points overall than others?

v1perz53

I'm trying to figure something out. You can have a total of 17 attribute points (mobility, resilience and recovery). But you can also have less. I'm trying to max mine.

Some pieces have these points by default, and you can further increase them using legendary mods.

Each piece of gear has a bar that reflects the points in a non-number manner. One point equals 1/3 of the bar filled.

Here's where the confusion enters the equation.

Insurmountable Skullfort
1/3 resilience
1/3 recovery

Mask of the Quiet One
2/3 resilience
1/3 Recovery

How does the second piece have a total of 3 points attached to it while the other only has 2? Both helms have the same resilience mod on them.

Do some pieces naturally have more native attribute perks than others?

Mods can add attribute points. Check if your Mask of the Quiet One has a resilience mod in it. Also skullfort for some reason seems to be missing one attribute point.

is the rat king really needed to reach max lvl or does it just make it a bit easier? i don't want to have to do it again. i really wish they'd cut the crap of having to do quests with others to unlock a weapon. sturm/drang and mida mini/multi are good enough but Rat King is a pain.

v1perz53

Both helmets have the same resilience mod on them.

I didn't add my edit quick enough, skullfort is missing an attribute point. It only has 2 while helms should have 3. Not sure if other pieces are affected, I've only confirmed with Skullfort. If memory serves, I think a hunter helm has the same issue?

GraveRobberX

is the rat king really needed to reach max lvl or does it just make it a bit easier? i don't want to have to do it again. i really wish they'd cut the crap of having to do quests with others to unlock a weapon. sturm/drang and mida mini/multi are good enough but Rat King is a pain.

If you've gotten it once, it's enough

Getting it again is really infusion fuel

Was worth doing all exotic quests week 1 or 2 when Power Leveling your Power Level mattered a little bit, now with players hovering around 290-305, not so much
You really be infusing say 305 Rat King and 305 Strum if you were at least 295+ in power level into base Sidearm and Hand cannon most likely to get them 300 or 305 with mod attached

SpecX

for a new page:

We have a few trained sherpas from GAF Gold Warriors that will be running a couple "NOOB" raids Thursday night for NeoGAF folks that have not gotten a chance to run the raid yet and would love to give it a shot.

Details:

Thursday night (10/12) "Noob" raids: *Full*

Sunday night, (10/15)
"NOOB" Group#2 Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp. (NA Folks: 2pm EST/11am PST)

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow

Newbs:
- Keltin99
- Ferny
-
-

These guys will be patient and explain everything. Just come eager to learn, ready to listen and clamoring to shoot aliens with guns and aliens with duel blades as well as shooting arrows and lanterns and all sorts of stuff that needs to get shot..

*Warning, some dogs will die in the progress of the raid.

Post here or shoot me a PM if you are available and want to experience the raid with some guided help.

(NA Dates/times and Sherpas to come forth soon)

updated

Put me down for Sunday if there's still room. PSN is Dark1421.

Alucrid

Banned
any idea if the milestone for the 3 IB challenges is going to be a daily thing? i could do with logging on each day and getting ~20 tokens per character that fast.

Got 3 IB packages and still not a single piece of the new armor sets lol. Are they pretty rare drops or something?

nah, i got 3 armors from my 4 packages when all i want are weapons.

Theorry

PVP is such a fucking joke. They want to make it more sweaty with 4vs4. But investing in some decent servers or atleast to give laggers not a advantage. Its a fucking joke for such a big game with all that money.

Titan smash a guy on heavy i get the heavy ammo it even says i took the heavy on the left. I get shotgunned by a other guy when i do another smash. Guy takes freaking heavy of the wall like i never took it. Fuck that.

CREMSteve

I didn't add my edit quick enough, skullfort is missing an attribute point. It only has 2 while helms should have 3. Not sure if other pieces are affected, I've only confirmed with Skullfort. If memory serves, I think a hunter helm has the same issue?
ACD/O Feedback Fence arms are the same. They give me an extra point whereas my Doomfang Pauldron drops me down, even though both have the same mod. Makes no sense!

GraveRobberX

IB anybody?
I'm here Glam in Orbit

any idea if the milestone for the 3 IB challenges is going to be a daily thing? i could do with logging on each day and getting ~20 tokens per character that fast.

Looks like it
Get +21 Tokens everyday, per Guardian, for 63 total
Then win and loss for as many matches it takes get added on
Got 7 days worth to do it!

noomi

Sounds to me like the IB rewards are meant to be obtained over the course of a couple of IB events. Get a few armor pieces/weapons this IB, next event get some more...etc

Just like with the raid loot, you don't run one raid and come out of it with every single piece of obtainable loot.

The carrot chase is on.

GraveRobberX

Sounds to me like the IB rewards are meant to be obtained over the course of a couple of IB events. Get a few armor pieces/weapons this IB, next event get some more...etc

Just like with the raid loot, you don't run one raid and come out of it with every single piece of obtainable loot.

The carrot chase is on.

Yes, but there's too much fuller in the Rank Packages
If it changed it to pick either Weapon or Armor, then Additional Awards would be warranted

With such a shallow IB Loot pool and no drops at the end or purchasable weapon or gear
Kind of just rolling on RNGs

Alucrid

Banned
I'm here Glam in Orbit

Looks like it
Get +21 Tokens everyday, per Guardian, for 63 total
Then win and loss for as many matches it takes get added on
Got 7 days worth to do it!

that's good. i hope they're all as easy as today's. got all three done in one match of each character.

Lemnisc8

Yea there are no hunter boots ingame currently with actual recovery (either intrinsic or node) as far as I know. Hunters get the short end of the stick again! I think hunter max recovery with mods is 6, which is super unfortunate.

Thank you.

That kinda sucks to be honest! Hunters are already a little on the meh side, this doesn't help.

GraveRobberX

that's good. i hope they're all as easy as today's. got all three done in one match of each character.

Hopefully

It depends on what challenges are tomorrow and how many challenges in total

Guessing 9 challenges, so 3 days then challenge of today will at least show up 3 times over the week

Or it will be this one everyday, which would be amazing

noomi

Yes, but there's too much fuller in the Rank Packages
If it changed it to pick either Weapon or Armor, then Additional Awards would be warranted

With such a shallow IB Loot pool and no drops at the end or purchasable weapon or gear
Kind of just rolling on RNGs

RNG gun' RNG.

I get it though, it should at least feel fair and putting in the time should be rewarded adequately. I haven't run any IB matches yet so I'll have to see for myself how it is.

Hugstable

Banned
Wooo got myself an exotic Auto Rifle called the Hard Light this morning. After completing campaign yesterday, I didn't expect my light level to jump up so quickly, but I've already went from 220 to 262 today, gotten lots of good stuff from Milestones and a few legendary engram drops I got. Been mostly doing public events, some adventures and blue quests that I had as well as turning in rep stuff. Really liking this endgame so far compared to what I remember from D1 (I only played during the launch and Dark Below era)

Is there any reason to buy and do the treasure chests?

I assumed they'd stop after each planet had had one round of them. They're expensive and they give trash.

Top Bottom